Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

sad to see the guardian monk go. that was a bunch of really sick narrow defeats and one extremely invigorating win. ganbare

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

HolePisser1982 posted:

sad to see the guardian monk go. that was a bunch of really sick narrow defeats and one extremely invigorating win. ganbare

i used all my firecrackers and most of my dust on that bad boy. got really good at parrying his poo poo

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

i used all my firecrackers and most of my dust on that bad boy. got really good at parrying his poo poo

ooh i went exclusively with the mist raven for it. when she’d start her huge 5 or 6 hit whirl i’d just phase straight through her and whip her in the rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's simply too many different routes available to me right now I have no clue where I should go next, but instead I'm ignoring all that and dying repeatedly to Dragon Install Genichiro and smiling every time he swipes my sorry rear end out of the air

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

ooh i went exclusively with the mist raven for it. when she’d start her huge 5 or 6 hit whirl i’d just phase straight through her and whip her in the rear end

youre talking about 2 differnet bosses . corrupted monk              guardian ape

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Squeezy Farm posted:

youre talking about 2 differnet bosses . corrupted monk              guardian ape

oh i messed up the names but i think we’re talking about the same one

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

btw i swapped the heal and switch tool buttons and its definitely preferrable. thank you vaatividya

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

btw i swapped the heal and switch tool buttons and its definitely preferrable. thank you vaatividya

i keep pressing the wrong ones too. wish you could just set dpad directions to 4 diff. items

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you hold left or right for a bit it will cycle immediately back to the first item which is probably your heal, which is a helpful shortcut

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

In Training posted:

If you hold left or right for a bit it will cycle immediately back to the first item which is probably your heal, which is a helpful shortcut

cool tip. please continue posting thes because im not watching a 20 minutes long youtube front page recommendation from vati vidya

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

this applies to ds3 and ds remastered, as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just saw it in a loading screen tip, thank you RNGesus

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

currently my personal game tip is only having 2 prosthetics equipped so you can swap between them without having to look in the corner to check the icon. this will change if i encounter a fight that i need more than two for, tho

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

being able to press pause and use items/change equipment from there has definitely reduced the need for a ton of slots and buttons

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

HolePisser1982 posted:

Holy poo poo thank you

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Squeezy Farm posted:

cool tip. please continue posting thes because im not watching a 20 minutes long youtube front page recommendation from vati vidya

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

HolePisser1982 posted:

OMFG thank you

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Mom and a son just died because of my AIDS. Thanks From Software.

I'm fighting Genichiro Ashina now.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I think i'm on the last boss for the bad ending path ..... ganbare

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

spb posted:

Mom and a son just died because of my AIDS. Thanks From Software.

I'm fighting Genichiro Ashina now.

I beat him today and I think every last npc got aids in the process

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

beat the sunken valley boss... we were both down to like 1hp, was in too much disbelief it was over to shout GOTCHA BITCH like i have been with the other bosses. good poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The lightning throw is the coolest boss gimmick from has ever done

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SKILL ACQUIRED
BLOODSMOKE NINJUTSU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

SKILL ACQUIRED
BLOODSMOKE NINJUTSU

Insanely good fight

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

goferchan posted:

I think i'm on the last boss for the bad ending path ..... ganbare

I don't know poo poo about any multiple endings but I think the boss I'm on now would serve as a fitting end to the game. Holy crap it's hard though

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I don't know poo poo about any multiple endings but I think the boss I'm on now would serve as a fitting end to the game. Holy crap it's hard though
From my experience you're about 40% done with the game.

I thought I was fighting the final boss at least 3 times.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I feel like I'm missing an unspeakable amount of secrets in this game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There's apparently 4(?) different endings that wildly change the course of the endgame as well rear end the bosses you fight, and that's not even counting all the optional stuff.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
The stretch between ashina castle and gun fort where I stopped dying so much and started getting good at parrying is the sickest poo poo i’ve experienced as a gamer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think it's funny that almost every bridge in this game is broken cleanly through the middle

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm behind everyone but I got to the chained golem tonight, got my rear end whooped several times even tho I almost beat him once, went exploring & found 2 new aesthetics instead. One should help me with him for sure. Game is awesome, can't wait to actually be good at it

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Lmao the enemies in sunken valley are so good

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Oh Long Johnson posted:

Lmao the enemies in sunken valley are so good

SciFiDownBeat posted:

everything about sunken valley rules

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

at the door for the final boss for whatever ending im on, this game doesnt stop being loving awesome. i cant wait to see speedruns of this and look up all the poo poo i missed

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'm still getting into the groove of this game but I guess something clicked because I ended up killing the drunkard, the chained ogre and the horseman over the course of about an hour. That part with the gigantic snake in the cliff was really cool, I didn't imagine FROM would carry out a giant cinematic set piece moment better than most modern cinematic set piece games but here we are. I feel kind of bad about its eye though :(

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

American McGay posted:

There's apparently 4(?) different endings that wildly change the course of the endgame as well rear end the bosses you fight, and that's not even counting all the optional stuff.

Yeah the one I picked is clearly the bad ending and apparently cuts you out of a bunch of content but I'm told you get a unique skill in NG+ from doing it so I may as well get it out of the way . If I can ever beat the boss lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm still getting into the groove of this game but I guess something clicked because I ended up killing the drunkard, the chained ogre and the horseman over the course of about an hour. That part with the gigantic snake in the cliff was really cool, I didn't imagine FROM would carry out a giant cinematic set piece moment better than most modern cinematic set piece games but here we are. I feel kind of bad about its eye though :(

Don't worry ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

For anyone who's finished/in the endgame i wanna hear how you feel about the themes of death and rebirth and an "immortality curse" and all that poo poo . Kinda what we got from 3 souls games and bloodborne right? I can't lie, when I found that one scroll about how "the [infectious] worm came from the west" I was really hoping we'd get an explicit Yharnam connection . I wonder if this is just a concept miyazaki wants to keep exploring or if we're meant to examine it in the context of the last few games . The whole idea of breaking a cycle by performing a complicated marriage is straight out of DS3 too