Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
What about the Death Star from the Star Tours ride?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Angry Salami posted:

What about the Death Star from the Star Tours ride?

The star tours content is noncanonical. Incidentally the "storyline" of Galaxy's Edge is apparently going to be a canon thing though.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

jivjov posted:

Don't worry, the prototype Death Star from the Maw Installation isn't canonical, so any Death Star they do add (if they do) will only be the third.

What about Starkiller base?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Or starkiller base 2 which is protected by a shield projected from a nearby moon populated by care bears

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

bunnyofdoom posted:

What about it? It's not a Death Star.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

jivjov posted:

The star tours content is noncanonical. Incidentally the "storyline" of Galaxy's Edge is apparently going to be a canon thing though.

Apparently you can be arrested by the First Order if you follow the Resistance story line at it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
You can be arrested by anyone if they have enough power

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Apparently you can be arrested by the First Order if you follow the Resistance story line at it.

I believe that is for the non-falcon ride

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cross-Section posted:

Taika Wat8t8

Here's hoping he's not Kay-too.0

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

The Mandalorian takes place before TFA so it is the third Death Star.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This rules, but the prevailing rumor is that it’s not IG-88, just another IG-Series droid.

Collider is saying it's IG-88, but they might have just got that from that tweet.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Is it racist to think that all droids that look alike are in fact the same droid?

Artoo blew up like five times between TPM and ANH

How do we know that he's the same Artoo after all those experiences?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Vinylshadow posted:

Is it racist to think that all droids that look alike are in fact the same droid?

Artoo blew up like five times between TPM and ANH

How do we know that he's the same Artoo after all those experiences?

Droid of Theseus. There's an astromech in a heap somewhere beeping faintly that he's the real R2-D2.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

tribbledirigible posted:

Droid of Theseus. There's an astromech in a heap somewhere beeping faintly that he's the real R2-D2.

"I'm different!"

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
There's been some Episode IX content leaked. If you care about spoilers or potato quality scans of posters and character art, exercise caution on Twitter.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

jivjov posted:

There's been some Episode IX content leaked. If you care about spoilers or potato quality scans of posters and character art, exercise caution on Twitter.

Well, head on over to the Spoilers thread and post them.

edit: Eh, never mind, I'll do it.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Mar 27, 2019

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

Well, head on over to the Spoilers thread and post them.

edit: Eh, never mind, I'll do it.

We have a spoilers thread?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

bunnyofdoom posted:

We have a spoilers thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3856613

You should know there's almost nothing there. They've been really good about no leaks this time around, aside from side costume screen tests images leaking in terrible quality, and now a potential poster (though still no title).

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3856613

You should know there's almost nothing there. They've been really good about no leaks this time around, aside from side costume screen tests images leaking in terrible quality, and now a potential poster (though still no title).

I just wanna know what ships will be in the new waves of x-wing

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

bunnyofdoom posted:

I just wanna know what ships will be in the new waves of x-wing

The poster shows an X-Wing, an A-Wing, a Y-Wing, and a new TIE Interceptor with triangle wings that, IIRC, is straight out of the TFA art book

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Theres already a canon First Order interceptor from that cartoon tho.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

It's a cool poster, but I seriously doubt it's real.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Madurai posted:

It's a cool poster, but I seriously doubt it's real.

It's obviously not /the/ theatrical poster; but it fits the same style as the $5 Walmart posters they churn out for blockbusters

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
It's a mash of styles and chopped together photoshoots, but it is largely new content so it's almost certainly legit. It'll almost certain ly be the kind of thing that gets shared with partners to aid in visualisation

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Or it’s the type of poster that’s given away to attendees at Celebration. I’m pretty sure it’s real in some respect.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
The larger versions show a real mishmash of lighting and styles and some super dodgy shopping. I'd put down some £ that if that sees public release then this is an early mockup

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Does The Resistance series get any better over time? Like someone mentioned, the progatonist's clumsiness is wearing really thin on me. When the 4th episode starts with the protagonist tripping on something... It just makes me want to switch off. There isn't really anything intriguing in general either. I know it's a kids' show but it's such a snorefest in general so far. Rebels was much better in this regard somehow. I haven't really bothered with Clone Wars even though I know there are some great episodes mixed in. I know it's considered superior to Rebels overall.

The best thing about The Resistance so far is that you can tell some static scenes or CGI areas are clearly strongly directed by the original concept art and stuff looks pretty nice in that regard occasionally.

Dessel fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 30, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
just skip to episode 17 or whatever it is where the plot finally starts moving lol

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I've skipped Resistance entirely and am just waiting for Clone Wars on Disney+ and hopefully the Sabine/Ahsoka adventures.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Remember Resistance is made for kids, so Kaz being a goofus is intentional, because kids love that poo poo. But yea you could easily just skip over a lot of episodes if you want more cool First Order and Resistance stuff.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Clone Wars season 2 and beyond is so drat good.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

site posted:

just skip to episode 17 or whatever it is where the plot finally starts moving lol

Yeah, I'm usually not one to like the "Just watch these episodes" lists, but since this series is already aimed at a younger audience I'll let that pass since it can sometimes be tough. Here's my suggested watch list to get the main points of the season:

Episode 1/2: The Recruit - Series Intro
Episode 3: The Triple Dark - Introduces a new faction taking part
Episode 5: The High Tower - Sets up the First Order's plans
Episode 6: The Children from Tehar - Sets up one of the season arcs
Episode 7: Signal from Sector Six - Intros one of the new main cast members
Episode 8: Synara's Score - More with the new cast member
Episode 10: Secrets and Holograms - Builds Kaz more and features a reveal about one of the characters
Episode 11: Station Theta Black - Can probably skip this, but it's a Poe episode
Episode 14: The Doza Dilemma - Big payoff to one of the season arcs
Episode 15: The First Order Occupation - Fallout from the previous episode
Episode 17-21: Final arc for the season

Cuts out 5, possibly 6, episodes.

Teek fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 31, 2019

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Rumors about The Mandalorian already being renewed for a second season:

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2019/04/report-mandalorian-renewed-disney-plus.html

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Teek posted:

Rumors about The Mandalorian already being renewed for a second season:

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2019/04/report-mandalorian-renewed-disney-plus.html

It's pretty much SOP for a new streaming service to renew their centerpiece show before the service goes live. CBSAA renewed STD, DCU renewed Titans etc.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
To me there's also the layer that anything Star Wars seems like a license to print money between the money the show makes, toys, etc. I'd give all my Star Wars shows a solid 4-5 season run minimum, that way you've gotten that merch money and you have a nice set of content to market around. Eventually one of them will be utterly horrible, probably one of the live action shows if they keep going that route with that being more complicated than animation and less aimed at kids, and Disney have been surprisingly skittish from my perspective when things go bad (slowing down or outright cancelling some spinoff movies after Solo didn't do great), but until then unless you're intentionally trying to make some wild anthology series like an Obi-Wan 8-10 episode thing I'd definitely be in immediate renewal mode.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

NowonSA posted:

To me there's also the layer that anything Star Wars seems like a license to print money between the money the show makes, toys, etc. I'd give all my Star Wars shows a solid 4-5 season run minimum, that way you've gotten that merch money and you have a nice set of content to market around. Eventually one of them will be utterly horrible, probably one of the live action shows if they keep going that route with that being more complicated than animation and less aimed at kids, and Disney have been surprisingly skittish from my perspective when things go bad (slowing down or outright cancelling some spinoff movies after Solo didn't do great), but until then unless you're intentionally trying to make some wild anthology series like an Obi-Wan 8-10 episode thing I'd definitely be in immediate renewal mode.

Printing star wars money requires spending disney money. This isn't your usual bums in seats type deal, it could go balls up financially for them. In theory

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Renewal announcement timing is interesting to me. Given the lead time that’s necessary to create these shows, the studios have to be working on them far in advance of the renewal announcement. Just look at all the stuff that had been created for multiple future season of Clone Wars when that was canceled after season 5.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I'm sure part of this is crossing their t's and dotting their i's so that it can be announced at Celebration at their panel.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I'm starting to think that they're going to announce too much at Celebration, and some announcements will be drowned out by bigger news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

There's a lot of Star Wars happening.