Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Luvin the fact since they took power:

Lost my tuition rebate which was going to pay off the last bit of my debt

Have to pay more for the bus because they just decided they didn't want to anymore

Watched as my field was cut down by the government telling the WRHA to cut their budget.

Watched as my own place of work was cut down by the above.

Currently watching the unions fight themselves for the honor of being the one union the government laughs at, ignores so the union can shrug and go "eh whattya gunna do?"

Like even/if we get rid of Pallister there is no way in hell they are going to rebuild the gutted healthcare industry. This is just our future now.

But hey now I get to save literal cents on purchases! WOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
That sounds like responsible stewardship of the province

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Dreylad posted:

sales taxes are regressive which makes alberta the most progressive province in the country

Fashionable Jorts posted:

PST puts an unfair burden of tax on the working man. It, and GST, should be abolished.

1 percent of pst being cut in manitoba means 330 million less in revenue for the province or 1 less hospital probably, we should work towards getting rid of the sales tax completely but 1% isnt really a massive burden to bear for low-income people in this province, not as much as dying because the closest emergency room is 1 hour away driving

cant wait until the pcs get another term and sell a crown corp

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Have to pay more for the bus because they just decided they didn't want to anymore

Watched as my field was cut down by the government telling the WRHA to cut their budget.

Currently watching the unions fight themselves for the honor of being the one union the government laughs at, ignores so the union can shrug and go "eh whattya gunna do?"

Like even/if we get rid of Pallister there is no way in hell they are going to rebuild the gutted healthcare industry. This is just our future now.

I'm pissed off at my union right now because it voted to accept a contract that took 0/0/.75/1 percent increases because of Pallister's shitbird collective bargaining bill... which he hasn't even passed, but they're assuring everyone that his bill is illegal and it'll get challenged in court... if he ever puts it to a vote. What will happen is he'll withdraw it from the floor at the end of his term and the court case will get dragged on about whether it was interference in collective bargaining to introduce a bill and then withdraw it.

I know management would have had to agree to it, but imo the contract should have read

5 DO
5 IT
5 YOU
8 COWARD :dukedog: (dukedog sic)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wab is our only hope but too many bigots in this loving dumb province.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I think you'll find that our fine Mayor (who is very humble about mentioning he is Metis) got rid of racism a year after we were voted the most racist city in canada. Racism. It's just gone.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

racism was defeated when the disgraced cis white male radio host yelled "gently caress your face" at the aboriginal lady

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I was legit happy when that fat gently caress got demoted to doing a loving podcast with his wife that no one cares about after I don't know how many loving chances he had for dumb poo poo.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

DariusLikewise posted:

1 percent of pst being cut in manitoba means 330 million less in revenue for the province or 1 less hospital probably, we should work towards getting rid of the sales tax completely but 1% isnt really a massive burden to bear for low-income people in this province, not as much as dying because the closest emergency room is 1 hour away driving

cant wait until the pcs get another term and sell a crown corp

I'm not saying that they did a good thing by cutting the PST down without some other way of keeping the same levels of funding. What I mean is that the government needs to tax in a way that isn't just taking money from people buying groceries or school supplies.

Also why the hell hasn't anyone passed a bill that makes stores include all tax+deposits in the price tag.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I was legit happy when that fat gently caress got demoted to doing a loving podcast with his wife that no one cares about after I don't know how many loving chances he had for dumb poo poo.

is this jian ghomeshi or another motherfucker

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I'm not saying that they did a good thing by cutting the PST down without some other way of keeping the same levels of funding. What I mean is that the government needs to tax in a way that isn't just taking money from people buying groceries or school supplies.

Also why the hell hasn't anyone passed a bill that makes stores include all tax+deposits in the price tag.

the pst isn't applicable to "basic groceries", pretty much like raw ingredients and clothing for kids under 12. school supplies excluding textbooks are unfortunately, like i said it isnt perfect but its revenue that the province could really use right now

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

DariusLikewise posted:

the pst isn't applicable to "basic groceries", pretty much like raw ingredients and clothing for kids under 12. school supplies excluding textbooks are unfortunately, like i said it isnt perfect but its revenue that the province could really use right now

I don't have PST so I am slightly talking out of my rear end here. I know GST isn't applied to certain foods which is very nice.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Arivia posted:

is this jian ghomeshi or another motherfucker

Nah, we had this rear end in a top hat named Wheeler that was just a fat gently caress playing old man white rock on the radio and for some reason decided he was suddenly an investigative reporter ("interviewed" the author of the "winnipeg is racist" article) while also having a history of saying sexist, transphobic and racist things. Finally got canned last year and now makes a podcast with his wife (maybe it's still going on, who knows, no one cares about him anymore).

I'm forgetting here, but wasn't there a mayoral candidate that had a wife/gf or something that had her facebook dragged during the election showing her being racist? Don't know why that popped in my head.

IN summation elect Wab.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvell...kIxcFWJQwjkXd4g
prime rapist trudeau wants to do us like spain did catalonia man we need to resuscitate the FLQ asap, see this is why they dont want us to have guns

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
lmao. again, this is why you don't get to have a gun. the only comparison to catalonia is the breathlessly hyperbolic one made by the head of the SSJB

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I don't have PST so I am slightly talking out of my rear end here. I know GST isn't applied to certain foods which is very nice.

PST at least in Manitoba as well is an expense that corporations have to pay and don't get rebated unlike GST. The bad part is that it's only applicable on finished goods sold by corps. it could be much worse and i dont think theres a lot of political will right now to make the necessary changes elsewhere to eliminate completely tbh

half the reason the federal budget is so hosed half the time is harper took like 50 billion of revenue out alone with his gst cut

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Nah, we had this rear end in a top hat named Wheeler that was just a fat gently caress playing old man white rock on the radio and for some reason decided he was suddenly an investigative reporter ("interviewed" the author of the "winnipeg is racist" article) while also having a history of saying sexist, transphobic and racist things. Finally got canned last year and now makes a podcast with his wife (maybe it's still going on, who knows, no one cares about him anymore).

I'm forgetting here, but wasn't there a mayoral candidate that had a wife/gf or something that had her facebook dragged during the election showing her being racist? Don't know why that popped in my head.

IN summation elect Wab.

wheeler is currently making approx. $300/month on patreon with his podcast and whatever he gets from spotify listens i guess. dude was making a lot of money to be a massive shitlord on radio so hes going be okay no matter what the winnipeg chud hivemind thinks

that was gord steeves and his wife posted this gem

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
yeah, there's a paranoid part of me that thinks that just as all the billionaires are setting up their mansions and hideaways in advance of all the hell of climate change in new zealand, there's a horrific attack and then immediate legislature to ban weapons.
i'm not saying that the attacker is not a terrorist, because he is, but it's awful convenient for all those billionaires and their security teams. i should look up and see if there are any allowances for them to be better armed, or it is truly a blanket ban for everyone, including police.
false flags are real, and i fully acknowledge that these thoughts are truly paranoid. i like to imagine all possibilities.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvell...kIxcFWJQwjkXd4g
prime rapist trudeau wants to do us like spain did catalonia man we need to resuscitate the FLQ asap, see this is why they dont want us to have guns

What a dumb decision, do they want to bring back separatism? Cause we don't care that much right now but stuff like this will make a lot of Quebecois angry.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

OF course he has a patreon. It's not even so much the money he makes, just that he has been downgraded from "that guy on the side of a bus" to "he's still around? huh" type of irrelevancy which is nice. I mean, except to the idiots still trying to prop up his podcast.

DariusLikewise posted:

that was gord steeves and his wife posted this gem

Ah yes, that's the WInnipeg I know and remember.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

infernal machines posted:

well, a bolt action rifle is useful for hunting, and should someone get it into their head to do something irresponsible with it the mechanism of action limits the amount of damage they can do simply by being slow. so it has a genuine use beyond recreation and can do relatively less damage than a belt fed machine gun in the same amount of time.

if you really want to argue that all weapons are tools and all tools are equal and can be used responsibly and thus should never be restricted i'll await your argument in favour of providing first nations with a nuclear deterrent

Ban handguns, give Iran nukes

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

the great john brown had did that and it helped jump start the inevitable civil war that "ended" slavery

John Brown stormed an armory

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Picked up Clearing the Plains yesterday, having a good hate read :smith:

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Ardent Communist posted:

yeah, there's a paranoid part of me that thinks that just as all the billionaires are setting up their mansions and hideaways in advance of all the hell of climate change in new zealand, there's a horrific attack and then immediate legislature to ban weapons.
i'm not saying that the attacker is not a terrorist, because he is, but it's awful convenient for all those billionaires and their security teams. i should look up and see if there are any allowances for them to be better armed, or it is truly a blanket ban for everyone, including police.
false flags are real, and i fully acknowledge that these thoughts are truly paranoid. i like to imagine all possibilities.

Because an island nation that relies pretty heavily on imported goods is exactly the kind of place I want to ride out the climate apocalypse in.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

autism ZX spectrum posted:

Because an island nation that relies pretty heavily on imported goods is exactly the kind of place I want to ride out the climate apocalypse in.

They can farm in the shire

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Ban handguns, give Iran nukes

yeah, i'm okay with that

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Moist von Lipwig posted:

John Brown stormed an armory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jso1YRQnpCI

RIP

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dave Wheeler then tried suing Rogers over lost wages and that opened up a can of worms to see how much this shitstain was making on goddamn local radio

I do not think anyone here supports him anymore after learning he was set to make $355,000/ year!!! I don't recall any of the popular radio personalities coming out to defend him.

quote:

Rogers signed Wheeler to a five-year contract on Sept. 15, 2012. He was to get a $7,500 signing bonus and start with an annual salary of $255,000 that would increase by $5,000 each year over the term of the contract, plus semi-annual $10,000 ratings bonuses.

He signed a second, five-year contract with Rogers in August 2017 — about 16 months after he was suspended in 2016. His wage jumped to $335,000 per year, plus a one-time $100,000 signing bonus, according to court documents.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/dave-wheeler-sues-rogers-92-citi-fm-winnipeg-1.4831614

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Really, that he hosed up a deal like that tells you all there is to know about Wheeler. The fact that you can get paid nearly a half mil to spout half baked scripted smalltalk is amazing. Dude thought he was gonna be like Howard Stern and move to satellite radio but turns out he's a talentless, boring hack.

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

Really, that he hosed up a deal like that tells you all there is to know about Wheeler. The fact that you can get paid nearly a half mil to spout half baked scripted smalltalk is amazing. Dude thought he was gonna be like Howard Stern and move to satellite radio but turns out he's a talentless, boring hack.

And fat

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

thought he was gonna be like Howard Stern and move to satellite radio but turns out he's a talentless, boring hack.

Boy oh boy do I have bad news for you about the quality of satellite radio on air "talent"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Another Bill posted:

Boy oh boy do I have bad news for you about the quality of Howard Stern

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I spent two years of my life riding shotgun in a work van apprenticing under a guy who had the radio dialed in to some Howard Stern offshoot, the dude did motocross or some poo poo at some point. It was incredibly, mind numbingly dumb but it still beat out Wheeler by an incredible margin.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

just got this. filing a complaint to the CRTC that will go nowhere

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the GST is progresive :angel:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://twitter.com/Travisdhanraj/status/1111748262095187968

lmao loving small time trash rear end idiots

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

it's not their fault, they got in to discover that the liberals were already doing everything they wanted to do

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

*as i'm shoveling money from your paycheck into a dollar sign bag* you should work hard and earn more, like me

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MasterSitsu posted:

just got this. filing a complaint to the CRTC that will go nowhere

You should be filing your complaint with Justin for his job killing carbon tax :argh:

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Honestly can't get enough of this ad right now

My friend got their house key cut for me so I can let their dogs out while his wife works 16 hour shifts back to back at a hospital that's going to close in a few weeks and just lol forever at this ad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

this is the kind of thing a comedy politician would do in a satirical television show but it's our real life and we have to live it for another ∞ years