Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

FlamingLiberal posted:

Space flight sims as a genre are dead outside of scams like Star Citizen

The X series isn't dead, it just goes through phases where it smells like that for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

InsertPotPun posted:

https://twitter.com/JTHVerhovek/status/1110865626061565952
"All we did is prepare the way and generally and personally degrade the system to the point where something like this was not only possible but inevitable who knew??"

"My family was always such polite monsters (except when we weren't). How did this gauche monster get into power!?"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

this is why it's so funny that people ask what the reasoning or strategy behind him doing anything is. i really hope he does this because it means he loses absolutely no question.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Make absolutely sure that everyone knows we want to kill them all, so that they will vote for us, so that we can kill them all.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jason_koebler/status/1110935035606167553
https://twitter.com/jason_koebler/status/1110936398285152257

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

axeil posted:

For some content, Monica Lewinsky is a pro twitter follow

https://twitter.com/MonicaLewinsky/status/1110768987539791872

Monica's twitter bio lists "ex beret model" and "rap song muse." She can somehow simultaneously take no poo poo about being mocked and have a sense of humor about herself and its amazing.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

This raises the question, what IS a winning issue for Republicans? It's not taxes, they managed to make a tax cut unpopular for the first time in American history. Is it "the economy?" There's not much they can do about that legislatively since their whole message is "things are fine the way they are." Is it immigration? Everyone in DC except Trump knows that what he wants can't possibly pass through Congress.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Elite Dangerous is frustrating as hell but lit nonetheless.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
He's going to keep reminding people that John McCain voted down his attempt to repeal Obamacare.

I imagine McCain has a high approval rating with Democrats, Independents, and even some Republicans thanks to the media's whitewashing of him.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Trump thinks he "won" with Mueller and wants to go back and win previous fights he lost so he can retcon running with his tail between his legs (like a dog!) as a masterful strategy to win.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Asema posted:

Not talking about the people my problem with the burgh is that it's laid out like my first sim city game when I was a toddler and had no idea what I was doing. They expanded too fast, and the landscape wasn't twisted in a way to deal with that and you are left with a bunch of hill roads and houses that aren't a part of the grid system so going one block down could drastically change the type of road you are on, or the width of the road, or if it curves or if it suddenly goes up 90 degrees. It's not like this in one isolated section either, it's a bunch of sections pasted together that were never done in a uniformed state, so you gotta deal with a number of them in like the span of 5 minutes trying to get to Squirrel Hill.

It's got good spots to eat food and has good cultural landmarks, being able to get Soup dumplings from Everyday Noodle and then a day later going to get Hot Pot is just one of the benefits of it being a city and I don't see it as a true positive.

But the people are just garbage. It's a former coal town, with that hard rust mentality so you get a bunch of abrasive assholes that are struggling, and they will tell you that they are struggling. Some of them will tell you that they support progressive movements, but it always comes with a but. "I don't see why they need to call it Marriage" "I support the, but" "The issue isn't the cops, it's that he ran away". I've dealt with assholes from cities before, from New York to San Diego (the hippie kind) and the people here are just garbage.

It's this weird sense of like this city could be so loving much more, but it's just infested with a bunch of terrible people AND then you put the fact that the surrounding 360 area around the city is just so much worse. Washington and Fayette county are some of the most backwards areas in the state, with a huge meth problem, and most of them in mountains of debt from medical bills due to the coal industry and 88, but the moment you talk badly about Trump/The Gop they'll shut you down immediately and turn that nose right into the air to remind you about how bad the country is because of minorities/muslims/women.

But I came here from the tech industry that's invading the city, so people treat me like I'm the rear end in a top hat. So it's really whatever.

I appreciate the response, but you must be hanging out out with a really sucky crowd if that's the impression you get. Every city could be so much more, at least this one has taken the first steps.

An honest answer, and that's a helluva good thing.

E-How can this be improved?

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 27, 2019

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Critical posted:

Monica's twitter bio lists "ex beret model" and "rap song muse." She can somehow simultaneously take no poo poo about being mocked and have a sense of humor about herself and its amazing.

If you haven't seen John Oliver's interview with her from his episode a few weeks ago, it's a good watch.

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq7Eh6JTKIg

Starts around ~10:20

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 27, 2019

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
What could the thrust of their policy be beyond hoping everyone reverts to 2010 Fox News propaganda? I'm sure that's all Trump remembers. Maybe someone told him his position was weak on healthcare so he decided to smash into it face first?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Critical posted:

She did a great interview with John Oliver recently

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

What could the thrust of their policy be beyond hoping everyone reverts to 2010 Fox News propaganda? I'm sure that's all Trump remembers. Maybe someone told him his position was weak on healthcare so he decided to smash into it face first?

Repeal Obamacare (OBAMA BAD MAN!), gut Medicaid and hope the majority of people you kill are Democratic voters.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

empty whippet box posted:

Make absolutely sure that everyone knows we want to kill them all, so that they will vote for us, so that we can kill them all.

i hope this backfires on them

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Groovelord Neato posted:

this is why it's so funny that people ask what the reasoning or strategy behind him doing anything is. i really hope he does this because it means he loses absolutely no question.

It's probably because he's still pissed at McCain.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

It’s about loving time. Still, I’m not holding my breath for Facebook to do any good for this world.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Countdown to right wing people freaking out over the facebook stuff.

Groovelord Neato posted:

freespace 2 is a game so good it killed its genre.

The effect & sound of the capital ship lasers is burned into my memory. That game had a great sense of scale & spectacle.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hahahahahaha

https://twitter.com/YouGovUS/status/1110937876253106176

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Maybe someone told him his position was weak on healthcare so he decided to smash into it face first?

Conflict between these two:

1. Republicans poll badly on healthcare and they know it

2. Trump knows whatever he believes he can't be wrong

So if he can't be wrong, then #1 must be caused by not pushing it enough, right?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Asema posted:

But I came here from the tech industry that's invading the city, so people treat me like I'm the rear end in a top hat. So it's really whatever.

You're doing it wrong. :colbert:
Pittsburgh loves outsiders.
E- That's all we are.

Anybody who doesn't fit in, welcome to the Burgh!

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 27, 2019

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)

axeil posted:

For some content, Monica Lewinsky is a pro twitter follow

https://twitter.com/MonicaLewinsky/status/1110768987539791872
I was only a lad when this all happened, is she saying she wished it was more private?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
guess who has decided to be the face of transparency and turn over FOIA requests with a same day turnaround

https://twitter.com/CWBChicago/status/1110916795328851968?s=19

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
does anyone know why the house voted this week to subsidize european and eurasian energy diversification?

https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/2019-03/hr1616.pdf

quote:

H.R. 1616 would require the Department of State and related agencies to prioritize and expedite
assistance to promote energy security in European and Eurasian countries and would authorize
appropriations for that purpose. In addition, the bill would require the President to report annually
to the Congress on the implementation of the bill.

The bill would authorize the appropriation of $250 million each year in 2020 and 2021 for the
Countering Russian Influence Fund. Under current law, authorizations of that amount expire after
2019. Assuming appropriation of the specified amounts, CBO estimates that implementing
H.R. 1616 would cost $416 million over the 2020-2024 period (most of the remainder would be
spent in future years).

In addition, the bill would authorize the appropriation of $79.5 million in 2020 for the Trade and
Development Agency. The Congress has permanently authorized whatever amounts are necessary
for agency operations; it appropriated $79.5 million for that purpose in 2019.

Using information about the costs of similar reports, CBO estimates that satisfying the reporting
requirement in H.R. 1616 would cost less than $500,000 over the 2019-2024 period; such spending
would be subject to the availability of appropriated funds.

The CBO staff contact for this estimate is Sunita D’Monte. The estimate was reviewed by
Leo Lex, Deputy Assistant Director for Budget Analysis.

i don't get it, isn't this something the EU should probably be doing and not us? why are we even involved with this or is it some NATO thing

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Kafka Esq. posted:

I was only a lad when this all happened, is she saying she wished it was more private?

She'd probably be better off if the whole thing was a historical footnote instead of a massive media firestorm.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Goddam, the average Democrat is a loving idiot. Republicans at least know that they should respond to changing circumstances in a way that benefits themselves.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

well he has hosed himself possibly. mueller doesn't mean poo poo, but poo poo like this sure as gently caress does.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Inferior Third Season posted:

Goddam, the average Democrat is a loving idiot. Republicans at least know that they should respond to changing circumstances in a way that benefits themselves.

yeah - we only have barr's word for now but if mueller passed the buck on making a judgment over obstruction he hosed up big time.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The average Republican can live with cognitive dissonance, the average Democrat can't.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
Terminal Velocity, Rise of the Triad, etc etc

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kafka Esq. posted:

The Starr Report contained detailed descriptions of her sexual encounters with Clinton, so yeah.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Hopefully it's because they had far lower expectations. I'm impressed Mueller "finished" his investigation and at the very least he said it was too close for him to call.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

FlamingLiberal posted:

all things are possible now that we are in the golden age of indie game development, tho there isn't a need to limit development to a pure space flight sim anymore

elite: dangerous is super good if you like elitelikes and rebel galaxy outlaw is promising

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

well he has hosed himself possibly. mueller doesn't mean poo poo, but poo poo like this sure as gently caress does.

He won the 2016 election by campaigning against health care and brown people

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Fart Amplifier posted:

He won the 2016 election by campaigning against health care and brown people

2020 is going to be far different than 2016. the gop got blasted in the midterms.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
let's stay on topic of us politics and off flight sims unless those sims involve 737 AOA sensors

take it to d&dchat folks

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Groovelord Neato posted:

2020 is going to be far different than 2016. the gop got blasted in the midterms.

this. the dems ran on healthcare and other issues in 2018 and swept. if trump wants to try to retcon his failures and some how manages to kill obamacare, he is loving done.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Fart Amplifier posted:

He won the 2016 election by campaigning against health care

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
If the Dems running have even mortified iota of competence it should be easy to run against letting pre-existing condition restrictions coming back.