Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Bongo Bill posted:

The sword Maya is carrying is not the lovely rusty one she was supposed to use for that purpose, however.

it might be, she might have polished it up, which was kind of the point of that thing really

like there are multiple layers of lesson but "polish the blade shaving sharp" is an allowed solution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Mr. Lobe posted:

I'm betting she's going to catch the sword with those chopsticks. Maya didn't snatch those from her hands.

Cut the sword with chopsticks, granny, do it.

Also this puts my dream-theory from last week in the trashcan but you know what I'm fine with this alternative.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
whoever theorized that lil 'cubus gets his key because maya rejects kingship and tosses the thing aside, i'm on that train now too

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
i'm going to hazard a guess and say

1) incubus is going after her (maya)'s family's noodle cart because why get small amount of food when big amount of food is right there,
2) meti is going to wreck him,
3) the threat to her family and seeing meti actually do something badass is going to make maya go "wait right i'm just a kid and meti is actually cool and can help me" and actually do what it takes to become meti's apprentice for realz,
4) incubus is kept around out of pity and picks up enough secondhand knowledge (and food) to become dangerous,
and 5) the increased peril and decreased protection from meti being distracted leads to her family getting killed which is one of the reasons maya regrets going down this path in the present day

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

violent sex idiot posted:

he's probably grabbing it to cut every hair off his head

Look at his face.

Raw desperation.

At this point he is Want personified.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Benagain posted:

Look at his face.

Raw desperation.

At this point he is Want personified.

:agreed:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

A single act of kindness ends up creating a nightmare.

Looking forward to kung-fu Monster.

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
wonder when we'll see this face again

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I love Operant's work but I don't like it when he suddenly goes to a white background gradient, it makes me think the panel in white is taking place at a different time than the other panels.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

VanSandman posted:

I love Operant's work but I don't like it when he suddenly goes to a white background gradient, it makes me think the panel in white is taking place at a different time than the other panels.

It's taking place in the same extradimensional zone as 50 Cent's finishing moves in 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
incubus is going to try to kill meti because he thinks it would please maya is my bet.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I don't think we have enough information on what Incubus is going to do to make a prediction with any level of confidence.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

habeasdorkus posted:

I don't think we have enough information on what Incubus is going to do to make a prediction with any level of confidence.

I predict he has a bath at some point in the future because he's filthy in this flashback.

More than that it's hard to say.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

DancingShade posted:

I predict he has a bath at some point in the future because he's filthy in this flashback.

More than that it's hard to say.

Or maybe he hasn't, you seen his feet and the way people curl their nose at him?

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
consider: maya is young, and strong, and dangerous, and clearly possesses a respectable few remaining shreds of privilege. yet she bows before the disgusting old woman who lives in a jar, so clearly she must have something that no good fortune alone can buy. why would incubus care about what maya is offering, when meti clearly has something far better

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
no meal is going to save him. power, though?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

habeasdorkus posted:

I predict he will one day develop a splitting headache.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Y'all are all missing the obvious. Incubus obviously wants that rad barrel. Also if he kills Meti then he can have her food every day because that's how that works I'm sure.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
rip maya

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Hmm, is Incubus an albino? Would explain the red eyes and white hair.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I mean yes? I've always thought he was an albino. Probably like having a small mole in this universe or something.

If he's going for Meti, next page is going to be probably the biggest mis-match up in this comic yet.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

What if Meti is just a grumpy old grandma who’s never fought anything in her life?

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
psudo-mystic bullshit aside the key difference between mea nd avshalom is that i post about roguelikes and she posts about, idk, stuff wherever she posts at i dont see

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Could be but human skin and hair colors get especially weird when there's 777,777 worlds around.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Little Incubus is going to kill Meti easily, because it turns out she was full of poo poo about being a sword master all this time.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
My prediction is that he attacks Maya, who only just barely wins against the pure power of his bloodlust and Want, and then actually shaves her head and submits to Meti on realizing she ain't hot poo poo. Or maybe in the fight she loses a bunch of scalp and figures hey, might as well ditch the rest of it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ProfessorCirno posted:

My prediction is that he attacks Maya, who only just barely wins against the pure power of his bloodlust and Want, and then actually shaves her head and submits to Meti on realizing she ain't hot poo poo. Or maybe in the fight she loses a bunch of scalp and figures hey, might as well ditch the rest of it.
Why do you have a red text about your rap sheet when you haven't gotten probed in six years

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
very naughty

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

Why do you have a red text about your rap sheet when you haven't gotten probed in six years

what kind of hosed up deviant doesn't post anything interesting enough to get probied over for six years

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

what kind of hosed up deviant doesn't post anything interesting enough to get probied over for six years
somebody with a DEGREE

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Demiurge4 posted:

What if Meti is just a grumpy old grandma who’s never fought anything in her life?

Well you want to test that theory?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

somebody with a DEGREE

It's amazing what you can find inside a box of cornflakes these days.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

petty witch posted:

very naughty

you say you aren't avshalom but you got banned within a few weeks of registering HMM HMM HMM sure is Royal in here HMM HMM HMM

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

PMush Perfect posted:

In Games, there's a poster named User who tried to start a lot of real low effort trolling in threads I was in, and I reminded people to check their rap sheet before engaging. Apparently that made User real upset, and they gave me what is maybe one of the sadder red texts I've seen.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ProfessorCirno posted:

they gave me what is maybe one of the sadder red texts I've seen.

It's like you really pissed off Mr. Flanders.

ogresque
Mar 27, 2019

by VideoGames
i imagine they arent nearly as nice as mr flanders

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

petty witch posted:

very naughty

Strong avatar/post combo here.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
For me the real hilarity is that they were mad I kept directing people to check their rap sheet before engaging, and in revenge, they...ensured my every post is a direction to their rap sheet.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Kai Tave posted:

It's taking place in the same extradimensional zone as 50 Cent's finishing moves in 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand.

The sanctioned action is to rhyme chest with chest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

A big flaming stink posted:

you say you aren't avshalom but you got banned within a few weeks of registering HMM HMM HMM sure is Royal in here HMM HMM HMM

Tollymain has inherited avshalom's power.