Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Unkempt posted:

The Looney Tunes theme music has words!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcVq9135EAA

I think I have to agree with a comment someone made there, in that I prefer the Shep Fields version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Metal butter knives are tangibly better, I’m sorry nords or whoever. If nothing else it’s probably less environmentally impactful to make cheap rear end metal sticks than to use wood, especially when cheap rear end metal forks and spoons and knives are already being churned out.

That said, I don’t care what that one goon thinks a butter knife looks like, I really want to know how they managed to cut themself with any kind of one.

I was trying to do dishes and attempted to take a butter knife from the hand of a sibling, I grabbed the blade end and pulled but they didn't let go so it cut my hand.

I'm sorry about this butter knife derail everybody.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

You can cut yourself with literally anything if you're determined enough

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
If you're not using an offset spatula to spread butter, you're just not serious.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Cut out the middle man and just grab the stick of butter and eat it.
Less dishes to clean, too.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Using the stick of butter like a giant crayon and colouring everything you want to eat in a butter colour is how professionals do it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Huh.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
For goodness sake, leave your butter out like a civilized person and use a plastic or wooden spreader so it doesn't transfer heat when buttering hot things.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

HOW DARE YOU NOT DO THINGS HOW WE DO IN MY GEOGRAPHIC AREA

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

idg why you'd have a knife specifically for only spreading butter instead of using a regular knife but refrigerating butter so that it can't be spread is definitely stupid

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Just take a bite out of the stick of butter then take a bite of bread. More efficient and no dishes to wash. You hoity toity pieces of poo poo with your fancy "knives" and "buttering techniques".

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

refrigerating butter so that it can't be spread is definitely stupid

Just make sure you have enough spare batteries on hand for your heated butter knife???

Or just splash out for a rechargeable heated butter knife if that's a problem???

Or just buy a thermally conductive titanium butter knife that uses the body warmth from your hand????

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
It's silly, but for people that don't leave out a stick at room temp.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

What really sucks is when the room temperature is still too cool for spreadable butter.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Just make sure you have enough spare batteries on hand for your heated butter knife???

Or just splash out for a rechargeable heated butter knife if that's a problem???

Or just buy a thermally conductive titanium butter knife that uses the body warmth from your hand????

Put your butter knife in the microwave while the toaster is going and you'll have a hot treat in no time.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lifehack: hold your butter knife/ice cream scoop under the hot water tap for a few seconds

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Shifty Nipples posted:

What really sucks is when the room temperature is too hot to keep butter solid

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

Just take a bite out of the stick of butter then take a bite of bread. More efficient and no dishes to wash. You hoity toity pieces of poo poo with your fancy "knives" and "buttering techniques".

Gweat, nao if tfhtuck to tha woof awf my moutfh. Fphnks a lot.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

purple death ray posted:

Lifehack: hold your butter knife/ice cream scoop under the hot water tap for a few seconds

Alternately: shove it up your rear end for a few seconds (just don't let go).

Edit: only if you have one of those flat, ice cream scraper things not an actual spoon scoop. I think the spoon scoop up the rear end would be unfortunate.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

All these things do is put a thin film of molten butter on the blade so every piece of butter neatly slides off of the blade and onto the table.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

Aleph Null posted:

Alternately: shove it up your rear end for a few seconds (just don't let go).

Edit: only if you have one of those flat, ice cream scraper things not an actual spoon scoop. I think the spoon scoop up the rear end would be unfortunate.

What backwards-rear end country do you live in where all cutlery doesn't have a flared base for this reason??

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Isaac Bashevis Singer was, indeed, not Indian but Polish. (Which would have been immediately obvious if I'd ever actually read any of his work.)

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

nah it's still spreadable when it's melted all over the counter.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

If you have enough access to electricity to have a refrigerator to put butter in, you also have enough access to electricity for room temperature to be less than 95F.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

If you have enough access to electricity to have a refrigerator to put butter in, you also have enough access to electricity for room temperature to be less than 95F.

lmao like im gonna run the aircon all day while i'm at work on a hot summer's day just to prevent my butter from melting. I could just stick it in the fridge instead, most people use butter in a tub rather than a stick.
https://www.devondale.com.au/products/extra-soft-butter-blend This poo poo is only 38% Butter. Still tastes better than margarine

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PancakeTransmission posted:

lmao like im gonna run the aircon all day while i'm at work on a hot summer's day just to prevent my butter from melting. I could just stick it in the fridge instead, most people use butter in a tub rather than a stick.
https://www.devondale.com.au/products/extra-soft-butter-blend This poo poo is only 38% Butter. Still tastes better than margarine

Bring back Government Margarine Factory's Government Delicacy Margarine; it's delicious - says so right in the name!

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

PancakeTransmission posted:

i have things in my home other than butter that i don't want destroyed by humidity

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

i have things in my home other than butter that i don't want destroyed by humidity

Funkopops and real dolls won't be any worse for a bit of humidity.

Weatherwax
Aug 17, 2008

Just wanna point out that wooden knifes are way better for the environment than metal. Since wood is a renewable resource and metal needs a lot of energy to smelt.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Weatherwax posted:

Just wanna point out that wooden knifes are way better for the environment than metal. Since wood is a renewable resource and metal needs a lot of energy to smelt.

Harvesting and manufacturing wood products takes a lot of energy as well.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
And well cared for metal has basically infinite useful life, where wood very definitely does not, even when well cared for.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not like I'm having my knives personally forged.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

A well made plastic knife will outlast human civilisation... and we use it once then pitch it, lol

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Lol if you don't have Enrique powerfully hammer a new set of flatware for you on the house anvil for every meal

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Aphrodite posted:

You should. The quality is higher and it lasts longer and it's great for the local economy if they who smelt it dealt it.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

who the gently caress makes a knife out of wood

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

cock hero flux posted:

who the gently caress makes a knife out of wood

The Finns evidently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007