Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Change Red XIII's name to Nanaki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I named Tifa "Anne-Tifa"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Reminder that if you don’t max level Aerith and get her ultimate and final limit before Disc 1 ends you aren’t playing the game at all.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Planet's dyin', fuckwit.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Reminder that if you don’t max level Aerith and get her ultimate and final limit before Disc 1 ends you aren’t playing the game at all.

This

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
When it gives you the option to change Dagger's name to Garnet, don't change it back to Dagger or nothing will make sense when she references her past.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNpgKytPcc4

Time to kick some Nazi arsch again with Wolfenstein Youngblood, coming also to the Switch on July 26th.

Feel-good game of the year.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Red XIII is a lion, not a dog. Name him Mufasa or GTFO.

I decided he was a dog a long time ago and that is what he is

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Vinnie
Buffy
Panzer(name him after the best dog)

Buffy doesn't work because it doesn't retain the oo sound.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The main thing FF7 taught me was that women of the Midgar slums flirt with men by asking them to view train monitors together.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Lions don't howl at the moon in a scene that still makes me tear up whenever I hear the music

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Detective No. 27 posted:

Buffy doesn't work because it doesn't retain the oo sound.

What the gently caress it was pronounced Yoofie?

Then name her PJ or Squee(boofing)

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Time to kick some Nazi arsch again with Wolfenstein Youngblood, coming also to the Switch on July 26th.

"We were born to kill Nazis." gently caress yes.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Her final limit would be so hilariously broken if you could use it past disc 1

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

RandomFerret posted:

The best and only set of character names for every game that allows it is:

you jerk

my rear end

a dick

your mom

that guy

the smell of poo

picking your nose

anybody

, I bet

Sephiroth

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Honestly it's just a good idea to keep her in your party and properly leveled anyway, because you get to a point eventually where she's forced into your party and the first time I ever played FF7, on top of running from everything cause I was a kid who didn't realize how this kind of game worked, it just makes that dungeon way way harder if she doesn't have all her good poo poo.

gently caress the wall boss. How I ever got past that poo poo as a kid considering how under leveled everyone was I'll never know.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I was kind of wondering what Yacht Club games was going to do after Shovel Knight...

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1110964705802117120

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is Ys 8 a good game? Thinking about maybe picking it up.

edit: Oh, and has anyone tried apocryph? How is it?

And evoland legendary edition.

I wanna know how good they are, cuz I'm uncertain.

Pharohman777 fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Mar 27, 2019

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zuzie posted:

I was kind of wondering what Yacht Club games was going to do after Shovel Knight...

...what if Ninja Gaiden was good????

Man I put so many hours into that game as a kid, but it's not good

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Zuzie posted:

So... Specter of Torment again?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Zuzie posted:

They're just publishing that game, not developing it.

Looks cool but I gotta imagine the guy that made it felt a bit deflated once The Messenger was announced.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Zuzie posted:

gently caress my poo poo up, Yacht Club. I have 100% faith in anything they put out.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

American McGay posted:

They're just publishing that game, not developing it.

Looks cool but I gotta imagine the guy that made it felt a bit deflated once The Messenger was announced.

It's okay cause hopefully he'll find solace in the fact that everyone is gonna see this and be like "this looks like if the Messenger was good!"

edit:

quote:

We reached out to Aarne two years ago about being involved with Cyber Shadow. He’d been developing it on his own for years with no intention of going with a publisher – but YCG was the only team he’d ever consider to help him hone his creation. Aarne described Cyber Shadow to us as an NES-style game that had the level design principles of Mario, the skills and action of Ninja Gaiden, the enemy designs of Contra, and the dark visual aesthetic of Batman. What we played was a brilliantly elevated take on classic ninja action. After 6 years and 5 Shovel Knight games, YCG has become associated with authentic 8-bit fun, and we were confident we could use our experience and expertise to take Cyber Shadow to the next level. Shovel Knight and Cyber Shadow are both destined to present the trials of NES games without the tribulations!

In this way, the game became a bit of a codevelopment. YCG is handling the marketing, porting, business side, and typical roles of a publisher so Aarne can focus on the core game development. Additionally, we’re also deeply involved in giving design feedback, imparting our lessons from developing the Shovel Knight saga so Aarne can create the best version of his game possible.

As we polish Cyber Shadow, the gameplay, action, and set pieces continue to come together in exciting new ways. Will think this will be a game that’s really special, and we can’t wait for everyone to give it a try!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Yeah any ninja game that doesn't reference Jordan Peterson will be a step up.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Macaluso posted:

"this looks like if the Messenger was good!"

Literally my thoughts as going through that trailer.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Bloop posted:

...what if Ninja Gaiden was good????

Man I put so many hours into that game as a kid, but it's not good

I only played Ninja Gaiden 2, and I thought that was pretty awesome.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

bushisms.txt posted:

Yeah any ninja game that doesn't reference Jordan Peterson will be a step up.

Wait what.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://steamcommunity.com/app/764790/discussions/0/1778261844033700355/

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Macaluso posted:

It's okay cause hopefully he'll find solace in the fact that everyone is gonna see this and be like "this looks like if the Messenger was good!"
Yeah it's this.

Iron Crowned posted:

I only played Ninja Gaiden 2, and I thought that was pretty awesome.
All the NG games have great stuff in them but tend to be weighed down by some insane bullshit too. Much more tollerable with savestates, especially NG1 where there's no checkpoint in the entire last level.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Nephzinho posted:

Literally my thoughts as going through that trailer.

:same:

Hopefully this one doesn't turn out to be bad halfway through as a "twist".

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one that thought The Messenger sucked. Hopefully that new game will be a much better NG inspired game.

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Can’t wait. I know 2 got some mixed reception in the gameplay department but I absolutely loved it. The Switch port was good too. Can’t wait to brutally murder more Nazis.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 27, 2019

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Never heard of this game but I'm a little disappointed that it wasn't something even dumber like the message in The Messenger being some bullshit about lobster hierarchies.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Baba is You is perfect for Switch

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Baba is You is very clever and original and if you like puzzlers you should absolutely try it, and also I think I'm going to stop playing it because I don't think I'm actually enjoying it despite recognizing that there are lots of people who would and should love this game.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Pharohman777 posted:

Is Ys 8 a good game? Thinking about maybe picking it up.

edit: Oh, and has anyone tried apocryph? How is it?

And evoland legendary edition.

I wanna know how good they are, cuz I'm uncertain.

I've been working my way through it. It's a pretty decent action RPG, but it's got pretty linear progression, which is starting to get boring, 20some hours in.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Peterson speech or not, those loving walls of text are still obnoxious and eye-rolling

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DLC Inc posted:

Peterson speech or not, those loving walls of text are still obnoxious and eye-rolling

Well they are supposed to be, they're what you get if you keep clicking the thing when asked not to, like resetting animal crossing in purpose to see what resetti will say

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

That scan of the FFVII Versus Book reminded of the ones the same author wrote for OOT and MM. Best guides ever, and I'm fairly confident most of the humor holds up.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Chieves posted:

That scan of the FFVII Versus Book reminded of the ones the same author wrote for OOT and MM. Best guides ever, and I'm fairly confident most of the humor holds up.

Is it online anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Pharohman777 posted:

Is it online anywhere?

https://archive.org/details/Final-Fantasy-VII-Versus-Guide