Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for telling my girlfriend to take off her "gay rights" t shirt.

Straights are the worst

This one has turned out to more than likely be fake. The supposed GF created their own post from their side of things, then people dug into that users post and they were supposedly in Thailand with their GF 22 days ago, lol. The post itself is deleted but the comments remain: https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAssh...tm_source=share

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
My soccer team once lost a game 19 - 1 but there wasn't a mercy rule because we were in our twenties and were just fat and poo poo

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Whorelord posted:

Honestly when I was playing as a defender I got more satisfaction for consistently ruining an attacker's day then I ever would scoring.

This guy gets it.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

It wasn’t that cut and dry though at the time until the war was almost over. There were a lot of isolationists and fascist collaboration especially early in the war.

The kind of risks that were taken routinely were crazy though, the raids on Norsk hydro and such and the stuff the OSS did were insane even compared to modern day JSOC, and those guys basically had no real training while going up against a professional and reasonably sophisticated enemy.

Edit: whoops, sorry about the triple post I’m on mobile

In 1939, we turned away a ship of 900 refugees. At least a few were concentration camp survivors. Over 200 of those refugees died after being sent back to Europe. America, both the government, and the citizens, did not want to take in refugees until the war was over. Most countries didn't. Antisemitism, homophobia, and racism wasn't a thing unique to Nazis. Hell, after the war, some concentration camp survivors had to finish their sentences, because being gay was considered a legitimate crime. People didn't rally because they cared about "undesirables" (at least not at first). They rallied because they were being attacked.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Ouhei posted:

This one has turned out to more than likely be fake. The supposed GF created their own post from their side of things, then people dug into that users post and they were supposedly in Thailand with their GF 22 days ago, lol. The post itself is deleted but the comments remain: https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAssh...tm_source=share

Lmao

Why do people who write fakeposts fly too close to the sun?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

DemoneeHo posted:

Lmao

Why do people who write fakeposts fly too close to the sun?

Fake internet points are serious business.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

There was a kids hockey game near my town this season that was in a similar situation. Something like 14 - 0, and then they had the winning team have to pass 5 times and take it back to the blue before shooting and they still got another 4 goals or something. They called the game early and then actually blended the two teams for a scrimmage match and practice drills. Obliterating a team of kids is unsportsmanlike, plain and simple.

e: lmao I was way off. It ended 41 - 0. https://www.therecord.com/sports-story/8994678-when-is-enough-enough-novice-hockey-game-ends-in-41-0-rout/

Are you sure you're not confusing this with Stanley's Cup?
http://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes/s10e14-stanleys-cup

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for wanting a Native American blessing read at my wedding?

Okay so hear me out here. For background, I am getting married in about a month. My fiance and I are both predominantly white, his family does have some Native American but they are not particularly connected with that culture. This all started when I was looking for nonreligious readings to use at the end of our ceremony. I found an Apache blessing that was typically used in place of wedding vows and really connected with it. It is far more about the connection of the two people getting married than anything else. I want to have this blessing read to close out our ceremony, and do intend to have it introduced as a traditional Native American blessing. My sister is now telling me that this is cultural appropriation and I am an A-hole for wanting to use it. On the other hand, when searching for nonreligious readings this blessing has shown up on every site that I have looked at. So AITA for wanting to use something that isn't my culture but really resonated with me?

Edit: What I found online listed as an Apache Blessing was apparently written for a Hollywood film. I was not aware of this or of the fact that it has since been widely circulated and misattributed to Native Americans. The author of the poem was not Native in any way.

Sister needs to take a rip off the peace pipe and chill out. But I can also envision any family member with a drop of native blood rolling his eyes as they drag out an injun to read the made up blessing for his tacky wedding

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

My [22F] boyfriend [25M] of 1.5 years didn't put any effort into my birthday but still asked for a "thank you blowjob".

Got a full day of surprises and fun planned for you! Actually I don't have any plans for you, but we ought to pick up those curtains we need! :murder:

On his birthday, convince him that his birthday is to eat you out

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for asking my bf to block his soon to be step sister on snapchat?

It's just like Cruel Intentions, but even trashier. :murder: your boyfriend

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Kind of a buried lede on this one

My [31M] wife [32F] is unreasonably mad at me because I stopped to be a witness to a hit and run.

quote:

Edit: My wife and I have been married 3 years, together for a total of 6 or so.

My wife is absolutely livid with me for reasons I don't understand. Trying to communicate with her right now is completely useless, because it just turns into a fight about how I don't care about what she wants, and how I never "listen" to her.

So I have a dashcam. I witnessed a pretty egregious hit and run, where a road raging dude was refusing to let someone pass, by swerving in and out of the lanes. The guy behind him eventually succeeded in almost getting passed him until the road raging douche sweved into him like an rear end in a top hat. The guy behind him slammed into the median, and the douche drove off.

I stopped because my dash cam caught the entire thing, including the guy's license plate. My wife was already very upset about the situation, and wanted me to just mind my own business, and let them handle it on their own. I refused, because that poor guy would have been hosed if nobody caught anything on ape. I stopped, waited for the police with the guy (he was alright, just very achey), and gave them my information so that I can send them the video of the incident.

When we left the scene, my wife went ballistic. She was screaming in my ear the entire drive home, because she was "tired from work," and was calling me all sorts of names and punching my car. She called me a loving rear end in a top hat, and a piece of poo poo who never cares about what she wants, and that I never listen to her, and that I should have just minded my own loving business instead of being a rubber necking busy body.

When we got home, she packed her things and went to go stay with her friend, who's a male, and frankly hasn't ever been a friend of our marriage.

At some point in the argument, I just tried to let it go because I didn't understand why she lost her mind like that, and was getting really upset with her berating me. Nothing like this had ever happened before, and she's never communicated any of the problems she seemed to let boil over until it all came to a head. And I'm not really understanding why she chose to go stay with that specific person instead of... her brother, her parents, or her best friend, all of whom live in the area.

I'm not really sure how to move forward here. I'm mostly stunned, and feel like I'm unable to properly communicate with her because she's unwilling to accept anything that I have to say on the matter.

tl;dr: Wife went totally ballistic because I stopped to help a victim of a road rage hit and run that was caught on my dashcam.

He then shares some selectively chosen info:

quote:

Here's some additional comments from the now-locked thread on the other sub:

She's typically very stubborn, and she has complained that I "don't listen to her" over (IMO) insignificant things, but she never flipped out like this.

Sure thing.

I don't have a lot of contact with my mother. We don't have a bad relationship; I love her. But my mother and I just happen to have a loose relationship in general. That's just the way my family is. We have healthy, but distant relationships in general, and see each other over holidays, and important events.

One time, she wanted to go to happy hour. My mother then invited me to go to dinner with her, just because. So I spoke to my wife, and she gave me a hard no. I tried to compromise with her, by saying I would join my mother for dinner a bit earlier, then join her for happy hour later on. She gave it a hard no, because "you don't even talk to your mother anyway." Her bluntness frustrated me, and we go to happy hour all the time, so I decided to stick to my own compromise by having dinner earlier, and then joining her for happy hour.

She spent happy hour being generally unhappy with me, and ignoring me in favor of her friends. She was over it after a mild argument and a couple days space.

You're right, it wasn't exactly compromising of me in my opinion. I'll concede to that. But I do feel like my plan was perfectly reasonable. I don't get an opportunity to see my mother that much, and I personally feel like she can be quite uncompromising herself, and completely intolerant of anything other than "my way or the highway" at times. And in my frustration, I give her plenty of concessions in my scenario, and hope that it's good enough. However, I don't feel like that justifies her behavior.

I don't, really. I spent a vast majority of my time with my wife, and I don't really drop plans with her. I don't have a whole lot of close friends at my age, except for work friends, so my wife and I have plenty of plans that tend to stick. We hang out with her family a lot more than I do with mine, and I take pride in my punctuality.

We go to happy hour all the time, so I didn't think me pushing my plans back with my mother so I could do both things would be a huge deal. And I still don't think it is, as we spent probably more time than usual at happy hour that night than we normally do. So honestly? In a practical sense, I still don't see what the big deal is.

Yeah. We both met him about 2 years ago. He took to her quickly, and then would frequently invite her to happy hours and stuff with groups of people, but would specifically not invite me. Send her heart emojis after texting her late into the night, but never anything egregiously inappropriate. She complains about me after arguments, and while she's just mildly complaining, he would call me names to her. He's never mentioned that he has feelings for her, but he has an "orbiter" vibe to him -- not many friends, and emotionally dependent on her.

I'd say get couple's therapy, but it's clear your wife resents and hates you, dude.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

DemoneeHo posted:

It's just like Cruel Intentions, but even trashier. :murder: your boyfriend

I don't know, teengirlhood in the age of snapchat and Instagram is a nightmare, you know how they will delete pictures if they don't get enough likes within minutes because I must be so ugly? You can be harming their self-esteem by not liking their pics.

OP says he's probably not the only person who got it. Girl is probably just sending up a flag to see who is paying attention to her at the moment. It's possible she just thinks he's so cool.

I mean maybe he's a scumbag and he'd gently caress her and he is one regardless, but she's 17, even if she does want to gently caress him, just show that there are boundaries and she will find something new to be interested in fifteen minutes later: she's 17.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

DemoneeHo posted:

My [31M] wife [32F] is unreasonably mad at me because I stopped to be a witness to a hit and run.

I'd say get couple's therapy, but it's clear your wife resents and hates you, dude.

Not just that. She's already cheating on him and is flipping out from toxic combo of guilt and selfishness.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

DemoneeHo posted:

Not that much a a buried lede. His wife is just a cheating piece of poo poo.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Did anyone ever post the update to pregnant teen or did I miss it here?

quote:

disappointedmom1003 • 237 points • submitted 18 hours ago
OP Here.
I wanted to clear some things up for you guys and give you guys an update.

Firstly, I have two daughters. I know this site is popular and my daughters frequent this site (which is how I found it), so I wanted to change it up a bit so it didn't scream to them that this post was about youngest daughter if it blew up.
When it came to birth control, I have always been open to it. My eldest daughter came to me when she was 16, told me she was having a sexual relationship and wanted to get on birth control. I complied, we got ice cream afterwards. I was not disappointed in her, I never gave any indication to my younger daughter that sex is taboo. My own mother gave me the same promise and threw me out of the house when I took up her offer. Sex and abortion has never been demonized with my house. She was irresponsible and failed me by not coming to me. She's 6-7 weeks pregnant. I have an appointment with a doctor for her on Monday.
My husband agrees with me but he's not as vocal as I am. He spoke with her at the beginning, and told her he needed time to think. We have discussed it. He's treading carefully. His twin brother was a teen dad. It destroyed a lot of opportunities in his life, whereas he went off to college and is content with his life, his brother had a lot of hardships. He agrees to speak with her with a clear mind.
I called the therapist that I saw during my PPD. I made an appointment with her for Tuesday. I haven’t felt this degree of anxiety in years. I had a panic attack yesterday night and I felt like I was going to die. I also called the local planned parenthood and made an appointment for my daughter to receive some counseling. If she doesn't want to listen to me maybe she'll listen to a professional.
I am not planning to throw my daughter on the street. I never was. I was just venting. I now understand that I must take her and if she decides to proceed with the pregnancy, I will have to deal with the kid too. I just think she's being a dumbass kid that's not grounded enough to raise another child. This a girl who KNOWS how to cook but is too lazy to cook, so she'll wait until my husband or I cook to eat. Now onto the update.
My daughter refuses to give me the name of kid who knocked her up. Said he doesn't his parents to find out. Tough luck. Made an appointment with the principal tomorrow to see if I can track him down. They were having casual sex, and apparently were never "official" and people "don't know about them".
I sat my daughter down today. I made her stay home from school, and read her a list of things. I told her that one, if she decided to have a child. It will be her sole responsibility. I will not be helping her. I will not change a diaper, I will not babysit. I will help her get government assistance. She is responsible for finding a job and providing for said child. I would feed and house her until she turns 18, then she's getting an eviction notice posted on her door. I told her that there's was gonna be no nursery. Nursery is her room. Any money that was going to be used on her will be given to her, will be used to care for the child. She is disinvited to the yearly family trips that we take, and we snowboard and ski, and that isn't very baby friendly. I will not buy her baby clothes. I will not throw her a baby shower. When it comes down to it, she is to care for this child fully, as I am not it's Mom.
She freaked out. It turned into a screaming match. Apparently she thought I was going to play Mommy to the child while she got to off to college. It sounded like she wanted a real life doll to play with, not a child. She yelled at me that I was a "bad mother" and that I should be willing to help just like (friend of hers who's 17 with a 1 year old)'s mom does. She called me selfish. I snapped. I told her that to me, "you having a child and ruining everything your father and I have worked for to provide for you is selfish, we worked so hard to set you up for success." She started to cry. I started to cry. She told me she's scared of the pain of an abortion. I was baffled. I told her than the pain of birth will kill you. My husband came in and defused the situation, and drove her to best friend's house. Her best friends mom (an old friend of mine) gave me a call and asked me if she could stay over tonight to let her calm down. I agreed. As of my right now, I can't say everything is a breeze.

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for letting the football(soccer) team I coach win 19-1?

Under 15 means these kids are 13-14 years old. imo that's more than old enough to deal with this sort of thing. When I played field hockey as a youngster Under 13s was the level where things got properly serious (finals, a ladder etc). There always tends to be a team that's way better than all the others.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

LimburgLimbo posted:

Yeesh. I mean yeah the mom is pretty cold, but yeah this kid is not prepared for the reality of having a kid. Also the detail of the girl's 17 year old friend having a kid is interesting. Maybe this thread has just led me to think the worst of situations, but I'd put good money on either 1. the girl got pregnant on purpose after seeing how "fun" it was to have a kid that your parents basically raised or 2. She's not even really pregnant, and this is all some bat-poo poo way of acting out.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I've come to the conclusion that any reddit tale posted by a throwaway account just probably isn't worth me reading to repost here. There are plenty enough of people using accounts with a post history to try and trawl though the immense amount of fake posts reddit has.

Say what you will about SA's culture, but that $10 fee has a drat lot of merits to it.

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

DemoneeHo posted:

She said he's a picky eater so I doubt he's ever gone down on her, unless her vag tastes like chicken nuggets

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Biohazard posted:

Yeesh. I mean yeah the mom is pretty cold, but yeah this kid is not prepared for the reality of having a kid. Also the detail of the girl's 17 year old friend having a kid is interesting. Maybe this thread has just led me to think the worst of situations, but I'd put good money on either 1. the girl got pregnant on purpose after seeing how "fun" it was to have a kid that your parents basically raised or 2. She's not even really pregnant, and this is all some bat-poo poo way of acting out.

There was a girl at my high school who was pregnant in her sophomore year, and she spent all of it, post birth, and the next year, bragging about how amazing it was to be a mom. I remember her distinctly telling us, in the newspaper class, how irritated she was at her mom during labor and screamed at her "I'm giving birth, would you shut up!" On Mother's Day, yeah. No word about where the dad was.

While her own mother took care of the baby and girl barely saw her save during the lunch hour, when grandma would come by and leave the baby with her for about 30 minutes. I remember her doing some article in the school newspaper about how hard it was but she wouldn't trade it for the world. Never did she mention how she only went to school still because her parents picked up everything.

I actually saw her again about ten years ago. She'd had two more kids in the meantime and was pregnant with another. They were out at the zoo. I wonder how many of those kids the grandma raised.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

LimburgLimbo posted:

Jesus loving Christ. Evict her at 18, what a oval office.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I still wonder if the guy is older, maybe even a teacher or something, since she's so unwilling to tell anyone who it is, and it was apparently a complete secret. Of course he might just be an 18 year old senior and she's afraid he'll get arrested for statutory rape, or his parents will kick him or something.
I'm also surprised at how many people on Reddit were blaming the daughter for being stupid. She's 15, the decision making part of her brain won't be fully developed for probably another 5 years. Plus she has basically no life experience as an adult. Of course she's loving stupid. Plus, getting an abortion or putting a child up for adoption can be a hard decision for even adults to make. Yeah, she's a stubborn rear end in a top hat who might run her life and her parents', but judging her the same way you'd judge even an 18 yo college freshman isn't fair.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

DemoneeHo posted:

She was looking for a flimsy pretext to promote her side piece and boy did she not look very hard. Jesus, mad at him for wasting her time by keeping a stranger from getting absolutely hosed?

And that Mom stuff, she's a real piece of work.

Furthermore,

quote:

Send her heart emojis after texting her late into the night, but never anything egregiously inappropriate

This guy needs his egregiousometer recalibrated.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Panfilo posted:

Oof.this reminds me of what happened with my cousin. She had a mom similar to this one except she genuinely did want to have kids, it's just my aunt was terrible and pushy. My cousin had a tumor the size of a football removed, along with an ovary, and while she is recovering and trying to accept the reality that she may never have kids biologically her mom tells her she bought her a crib and is asking the oncologist when she can start trying to have babies again. Cousin does 3 rounds of IVF to the tune of 30 grand and still doesn't get pregnant, loses the other ovary and later fost-adopts.

Cousin likes kids but she's actually terrible with them, and the whole time her mom has been egging her on and pressuring her to have kids.

So even people that want to have kids (but maybe are in a better mental and financial state ten years from now) can have parents that push them about it.

I never wanted kids and after all of the health problems I had with 3 years of birth control, my husband (now ex) decided to have a vasectomy.

So we were Siri

cumshitter posted:

Like what does she think the guy is going to do at the wedding? He's going to charge down the aisle and stand between her and the groom during the ceremony as her pet man keeps trying to bat away the groom's hand while he offers the ring.

I mean, it sounds like he may do just that.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

SalTheBard posted:

Part of me wonders, especially after that update, if the mom is going for a scared straight approach. She’s still an rear end in a top hat, but honestly the 15yo is acting like a total irresponsible idiot (eg a 15yo).

One could argue she’s doing right by her daughter by trying to get her to understand the true consequences of having a kid at 15.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Pinecone Sample posted:

OP says he's probably not the only person who got it. Girl is probably just sending up a flag to see who is paying attention to her at the moment. It's possible she just thinks he's so cool.

Fine, fine. That is a potential possibility, where this was the first and only sext he received. Kill the bf if he doesn't delete her from snapchat in that case.

LimburgLimbo posted:

Oof.
Mom might be cold as gently caress to her daughter, but looks like tough love is the only thing conveying how bad it is to raise a baby now.

tactlessbastard posted:

This guy needs his egregiousometer recalibrated.

I'm half-convinced that before this incident, his wife explicitly said, "I'm gonna go cheat on you now." And it still went over his head.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

SalTheBard posted:

It's bad, but so is expecting your parents to raise another kid for you so you don't have to give up on your life plans. Everyone involved is thinking pretty selfishly. Mind you, I sort of expect a 15 year old to be selfish, but still. I also can't imagine the stress of having a kid that young get pregnant and not want to give it up because of how fun it looked for her friend. She's threatening the daughter with everything she can so she'll give up on this idea of keeping the kid and having mom and dad raise it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

AITA For telling my wife she's a 7/10

quote:

Alright, let me preface this:

My problem with the 0-10 rating system is that it's only good for judging physical appearance, but takes nothing else into account. This is a huge problem, people themselves aren't numbers.

Being that my scale only judges physical appearance, I tried to make it an objective, realistic scale that can apply to every human being all at once to eliminate as many inconsistencies as possible. In my mind, the vast majority of the people you meet are going to fall in the range of 5-7. Using this scale, I rate myself a 5.5.

This is my personal (physical appearance only) 0-10 rating system. Use your imagination to fill nuances within the given ranges, as it's not strictly limited to integers:

0-2: I'm sorry. These are truly unfortunate people that are overtly deformed, or have gotten themselves into terrible accidents.

3-4: Have hope, they just need to try harder. These people are what you would call "plain", or they have a few unattractive features that are hard to ignore.

5-7: 90% of the population. Attractive enough to have more than a few romantic partners in life if they so please, but aren't attractive enough to skate by on their looks alone. This is the biologically dominant group. Attractive within reason, if you will.

8: Well above average. This is where (what incels call) "Chads" and "Stacies" live. Could model for local stores as a side gig, or have a reasonably profitable snap chat premium.

9: High end models that make a fortune from their looks.

10: Reserved for legendarily attractive people. Only a few of these people have existed across time, so don't bother trying to get to this level.

We were at dinner, and I was telling her about how the typical 1-10 scale can be fixed to be more accurate (as I mentioned before, 1-10 scales are dumb). Then she asked me what I would rate her.

Well I pride myself on not being a liar, so I told her she's a 7, the higher end of biological majority. She didn't seem to take this well, I think that she had trouble separating this scale from other people's scales (ones where "10" is thrown about without care).

It's one of those damned if you do damned if you don't situations. I think number scales are dumb, so I just shouldn't mention them because obviously the people I love are going to ask where they fall and the number is going to sound bad, even though it isn't.

EDIT: formatting.

"why are you mad? i'm just saying you objectively aren't as pretty as queen nefertiti and i don't know why that makes you so mad. it's just realistic. stop being such a bitch"

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

SalTheBard posted:

I honestly don't see anything wrong being honest about it. It's lovely, but so much better than 'Happy Birthday honey, get the gently caress out of my house' as a surprise. Better to lay out for her how much she's about to gently caress up while she can still do something about it.

Baby daddy's in for a big surprise too if he thinks he isn't going to spend the time he should be trying to start a career struggling to make child support payments.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Nah the chick from the dash cam video is mad because him staying kept her from her date with her side piece and she is mad about having to change her plans.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

SalTheBard posted:

I don't think that's quite the right way of looking at it - convincing her she'll be evicted is different from evicting her, especially given there's still time to have an abortion. It sounds like what she actually wants is for the girl not to gently caress up 3 people's lives for the foreseeable future. Whether that will be efficacious or not, I don't know, but I do know that "making them feel at ease with the idea of giving birth and raising a child" would not be at the top of my priority list when instead she can be smart.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 27, 2019

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Araenna posted:

She's 15, the decision making part of her brain won't be fully developed for probably another 5 years. Plus she has basically no life experience as an adult. Of course she's loving stupid. Plus, getting an abortion or putting a child up for adoption can be a hard decision for even adults to make. Yeah, she's a stubborn rear end in a top hat who might run her life and her parents', but judging her the same way you'd judge even an 18 yo college freshman isn't fair.
"sure, that drunk driver killed everyone in the opposing car and caused massive property damage on top of that, but he was drunk at the time! his decision making brain parts were impaired! It's not fair to judge him as if he were sober!" That's how stupid this statement is.

She is (attempting) making an adult decision. She gets judged the way anyone making that same decision gets judged because of it, and the judgment here is poor because she's trying to bring new life into the world with exactly zero ability to care for it. That's bad.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

yeah the revised version of that post doesn't sound exceptional or wrong at all except I guess in the sense it is a bad thing to make anybody feel bad for any reason whatever, the OP's just a particularly unsympathetic poster girl for the absolutely reasonable position of "I don't want to raise your children for you just cause your 15-year-old rear end thought having a baby would be like owning an extra-cool doll"

Sagebrush posted:

"why are you mad? i'm just saying you objectively aren't as pretty as queen nefertiti and i don't know why that makes you so mad. it's just realistic. stop being such a bitch"

who the gently caress puts this much thought into sex scoring and why are they getting laid ever

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 27, 2019

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA - My boyfriend was lying down while I was unclogging the toilet
AITA

quote:

Hello people! I usually lurk here, but this Saturday something happened and I really need to know who is right in this situation, as my boyfriend (together 4 years, living together) claims he did nothing wrong and that I’m TA while I think the complete opposite.

So, our toilet clogged, after he had some mild stomach problems. At first, it wasn’t too bad, but by Friday night it wasn’t flushing at all. I tried to unclog it and nothing worked.

The next day, we went to buy another sort of tool (an auger) and while buying it, he seemed already quite annoyed, but got a bit better after some hours. We got home, he tried for one hour to unclog it (while I hovered around and tried to help, by watching videos and trying myself a bit), then I tried for 2 more hours while he urged me to give up.

I have to point out that it’s a 40 m2 apartment, no walls other than toilet, so our bed was literally next to the problem, and we don’t have another bathroom.

I was very tired of not having a toilet working and also a pool of poo poo next to me, so I asked him if I could call my dad so he could help us. He said ok, but that he wouldn’t help if things went wrong (red flag n1).

My dad arrived and my BF was laying down. My dad greeted him and he kept laying down. My dad started working on the clog and he was laying down.

After 3 hours of work (I was actively helping and cleaning the whole time), it was finally over and the clog was gone (we had to remove it to access the problem, and it was all QUITE disgusting), and my dad took a shower and asked for a pair of shorts, as his were dirty of poo poo... that didn’t go very well with BF, because “he came unprepared”, but relented.

My dad went home very angry at my boyfriend, as he literally didn’t do anything, and so were I.

My BF’s reasoning: I should be grateful that he let my dad fix the toilet. That it wasn’t such a big deal or urgent at all. That the best he could do was to do nothing, because he disagreed with the way my dad was fixing it.

I’m completely baffled. To me, when someone does you a favor (as fixing a toilet full of poo poo), you should be grateful. But apparently I don’t have real world standards according to him. My dad doesn’t want to speak to him anymore, and I can’t blame him actually.

So, Reddit, AITA? (Btw, I’m not only looking for validation, because I’d like to know what makes one think like he does and if I’m actually so delusional to expect common curtesy from my BF).

What a lovely boyfriend :eyepoop:

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Yawgmoth posted:

"sure, that drunk driver killed everyone in the opposing car and caused massive property damage on top of that, but he was drunk at the time! his decision making brain parts were impaired! It's not fair to judge him as if he were sober!" That's how stupid this statement is.

The sober guy decided to get drunk and will sober up after. A 15 year old is 15 at the start and 15 after.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Sagebrush posted:

I couldn't get past the title before I started laughing harder than I thought was possible

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA - My boyfriend was lying down while I was unclogging the toilet
AITA

Like, what's the purpose of men even existing if they don't have the tools/ability to fix minor issues around the house?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

What's really ridiculous is the mom would t even let her have a drat baby shower, which would help them out a lot because they'd get a bunch of baby poo poo they need as gifts.

It sounds like she's trying to punish her. Like it passed "This is a bad decision and it's your responsibility" to outright petty contempt.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Sagebrush posted:

This guy needs to be punched anywhere from 1 to 10 times.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Koalas March posted:

What's really ridiculous is the mom would t even let her have a drat baby shower, which would help them out a lot because they'd get a bunch of baby poo poo they need as gifts.

It sounds like she's trying to punish her. Like it passed "This is a bad decision and it's your responsibility" to outright petty contempt.

She is trying to punish her yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Koalas March posted:

So? 15 year olds should not have parties when they get knocked up.