Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
when this game clicks it feels insanely good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
beat the owl last night \\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fllz05w-9UM

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Roberrrrtooooo!

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hit the point where I absolutely do not want to stop playing at all and getting pissed when I have other crap to do

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

For anyone who's finished/in the endgame i wanna hear how you feel about the themes of death and rebirth and an "immortality curse" and all that poo poo . Kinda what we got from 3 souls games and bloodborne right? I can't lie, when I found that one scroll about how "the [infectious] worm came from the west" I was really hoping we'd get an explicit Yharnam connection . I wonder if this is just a concept miyazaki wants to keep exploring or if we're meant to examine it in the context of the last few games . The whole idea of breaking a cycle by performing a complicated marriage is straight out of DS3 too

the idea of a sword that can slay immortals but kills its user on being drawn is very cool..but I dont think there's any kind of connection to the soul series. hell there's not even a moonlight sword or patches in the game cause they really, finally, wanted to get away from all that lmao. Altho in the souls games your character just keeps reviving and pressing through the world while everyone else's stories end in tragedy, almost like you're causing it indirectly by playing the game, and this time they literally made it so that your progress and repeated deaths were directly hurting the few sane people left which is cool..cant wait for the vaatividya on this lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

hit the point where I absolutely do not want to stop playing at all and getting pissed when I have other crap to do

ive been there since i finished the tutorial i love this game

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

Roberrrrtooooo!

imho the english va in this game is better than every other fromsoft game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The English dub is good because it's Charles from RDR2 and he was the coolest character.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Same tbh.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

saving the dub for the second playthrough. wanted to respect the devs choice to have jp as the default

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

extremebuff posted:

saving the dub for the second playthrough. wanted to respect the devs choice to have jp as the default

:hai: i changed it halfway through when i realized i was missing dialogue cuz i wasnt reading the subtitles lol

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Guardian ape is amazing

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

[beer reviewer voice] the japanese affection for the persimmon is on full display

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

extremebuff posted:

:hai:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

extremebuff posted:

hell there's not even a moonlight sword or patches in the game

did you fight the Divine dragon yet

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Bob is actually only on the 3rd area but has watched all the endgame bosses on YouTube.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

me everytime i encounter any vaguely round rock, nugget of dog poo poo, baseball, clump of dirt, etc: While its appearance may be similar to the persimmon, only a fool would eat this.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

btw it took me WAY too long to find that loving goldfish scale npc. holy poo poo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

HolePisser1982 posted:

btw it took me WAY too long to find that loving goldfish scale npc. holy poo poo
there's another one

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

me everytime i encounter any vaguely round rock, nugget of dog poo poo, baseball, clump of dirt, etc: While its appearance may be similar to the persimmon, only a fool would eat this.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Think I'm starting to like this game even more than Bloodborne...

The Genichiro Ashina fight is so sick.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

spb posted:

Think I'm starting to like this game even more than Bloodborne...

The Genichiro Ashina fight is so sick.

Same, that was when I learned how to parry and when I beat him only used like one heal

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

goferchan posted:

For anyone who's finished/in the endgame i wanna hear how you feel about the themes of death and rebirth and an "immortality curse" and all that poo poo . Kinda what we got from 3 souls games and bloodborne right? I can't lie, when I found that one scroll about how "the [infectious] worm came from the west" I was really hoping we'd get an explicit Yharnam connection . I wonder if this is just a concept miyazaki wants to keep exploring or if we're meant to examine it in the context of the last few games . The whole idea of breaking a cycle by performing a complicated marriage is straight out of DS3 too

i thought all the story stuff was boring. lame characters droning on and on about some bull poo poo, also they all speak so fuckin gslowly.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ragg posted:

i thought all the story stuff was boring. lame characters droning on and on about some bull poo poo, also they all speak so fuckin gslowly.

oh, word?

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Yeah. i wish they had just been cryptic like dark souls.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Ragg posted:

they should try snorting some of that candy poo poo thats lying around everywhere

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i guess its more noticeable cos its like japanese subbed and not english. theyre still speaking when youre done reading

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
and like .. i watch a lot of anime right .. but theres some things you can only pick up on when people are speaking your own language.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Someone spoil me where to get the firecracker I’m at ashina castle and think I missed it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Someone spoil me where to get the firecracker I’m at ashina castle and think I missed it

Back in the Ashina outskirts, just past the old lady and her son is that gate with the cannon dude on it... from the top of the gate you can grapple over to a hill nearby and if you grapple to the top there's a merchant in a little tent who sells it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

and like .. i watch a lot of anime right .. but theres some things you can only pick up on when people are speaking your own language.

this for real

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Back in the Ashina outskirts, just past the old lady and her son is that gate with the cannon dude on it... from the top of the gate you can grapple over to a hill nearby and if you grapple to the top there's a merchant in a little tent who sells it

Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

found every prayer bead..healthbar, long