Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the third day of Brexit votes – MPs have voted to seek an extension of article 50 beyond 29 March by backing a government motion forced on Theresa May by the Commons"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Theresa May to hold third vote on Brexit deal in hope DUP backing will push it through

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Donald Trump criticizes Theresa May for 'how badly' Brexit talks have gone

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... The hard line Brexiteer MPs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

GWB at a minimum managed to pronounce it with a far longer a than necessary, which caused controversy/amusement among the classes that care.
Maybe that's just Texans/the Bushes.

OooOOooh I see what's going on here. Because you have a non-rhotic dialect you don't pronouce the r in marm, and therefore you have mistaken it for the much more common American Ma'am. "Marm" is an archaic American pronunciation, conserved in words like "schoolmarm," but long ago fallen out of use. Ma'am will have a higher, more nasally A sound than is typical in British dialects and no r, and is mostly likely the word Bush used.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Thinking about it, I should have gone with 'mahm' but I'm not sure it would have registered as strongly.

Goatface made the point best, rhymes with ham, neither harm nor Brahms.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
A good Matt?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Guavanaut posted:

Thinking about it, I should have gone with 'mahm' but I'm not sure it would have registered as strongly.

Goatface made the point best, rhymes with ham, neither harm nor Brahms.

yeah i've never heard of marm either. older hick accents like in andy griffith would add another syllable to ma'am, coming out like "mayam", accent on the first syllable

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the spread of online extremism – YouTube, Facebook and Twitter are struggling to stop videos of the Christchurch attack spreading on their platforms, as users upload new copies of the footage faster than the sites can take them down"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

After Meissonier.

Times:

Sir Vince Cable to stand down as Lib Dem leader in May

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on…the break-up of the Fab Four

Stephen Collins:

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

It got a laugh from me.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"New Zealand's darkest day – Chris Riddell responds to the mosque attacks in Christchurch"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent on Sunday:

Christchurch attack: tech firms must clean up platforms - Javid

Sunday Times:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Home Secretary Sajid Javid throwing corrosive substances around?

Not sure what message that's supposed to send.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Theresa May's plea for her Brexit deal – The prime minister on Sunday warned MPs that if they failed to back her Brexit deal at the third time of asking then Brussels might insist on a lengthy delay, potentially scuppering chances of leaving the EU altogether."

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

May in make-or-break bid to gain DUP support for her Brexit deal

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the demands of portraying Brexit – Solicitor general says Speaker’s move to thwart third meaningful vote could lead to ‘constitutional crisis’"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Giant bronze statue of crouching woman arrives in Plymouth

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Brexit and Speaker Bercow

'I thought it was aimed at our Brexit-wrecking Mps'

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Theresa May pleading to the EU – The prime minister asks EU for Brexit delay as cabinet remains in deadlock" After Cruikshank.

Telegraph:

Independent:

How John Bercow used an archaic parliamentary rule from 1604 to thwart Theresa May's Brexit deal

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Speaker Bercow, the spanner in the works

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I liked Paul Thomas more when he discovered his love of tattoos. He is definitely worse now that he's in the Mail, with the Express he barely tried to make any point at all.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I see nick clegg gave bercow his mouthegg

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Theresa May's short Brexit extension – Prime minister says longer delay would mean a failure to deliver on 2016 referendum" After Dali.

Telegraph:

Brexit: EU poised to insist on withdrawal no later than 22 May

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

High-strength cannabis increases risk of mental health problems
Bonus! Morland's animated cartoon.

Evening Standard:

Edvard Munch's Scream isn't screaming, says British Museum

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on… Biblical saga of Brexit delay

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
So the eu is the Garden of eden in this metaphor ?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Paul Thomas confirmed as Gnostic or Yazidi?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I see the fox, but no badger.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Theresa May's attempt to blame Brexit delays on MPs – The PM’s address to the nation showed her impatience with the Commons"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Mrs May's bid for more time

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

£650,000 a year.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I quite like Bob's May, there's a real bug-eyed owlishness to it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Doccykins posted:

£650,000 a year.

I'm almost certain he's got pictures of the Barkley brothers spitroasting a pig.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on what lies ahead for Theresa May – A late-night meeting with Donald Tusk and Jean-Claude Juncker gave the PM some new options"

Telegraph:

After Escher.
Bonus! Video: Seeing the bright side of Brexit - behind the scenes with Telegraph cartoonists Matt Pritchett and Bob Moran

Matt:

One million join march against Brexit as Tories plan to oust May

Independent:

After Tolouse-Lautrec.

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
That Collins :allears:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
you'd think I'd be tired of Gee Sure Looks Like May Is In A Hopeless Situation cartoons by now but that Jennings actually made me lightly snort somewhat. And Bob's helpless May almost makes me feel a bit sorry for her (until I think about what she's done for more than half a second, of course, but still)

in a few generations she'll be some kind of folk tale parents tell their children about not doing things you don't have a plan how to do just for the sake of status or something. did you know Old Therrimay The Blithering Incompetent was actually based on a prime minister? it's true! she did not actually live in the woods but her best friend was a talking fish

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Even if that Private Eye article about Matt getting paid £650,000 was off by a whole 0 I would say it's too much.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"End of the road for Theresa May's Brexit – Stymied by Jacob Rees-Mogg and the ERG, the prime minister lurches towards oblivion"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

As Tory MPs plot May’s downfall, her last allies battle for her survival

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Oh come the gently caress on, Matt. The comma alone would have made it a better joke.

Sorry you’re going
Sorry, you’re going

Of course you have to hamfistedly cram an extra “but” in because subtlety doesn’t pay 650k.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on reports that Michael Gove could act as caretaker PM – Gove and David Lidington, named as possible interim successors to Theresa May, have played down speculation about the PM’s future"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Boris Johnson urges Theresa May to 'channel Moses' and tell EU 'let my people go' over Brexit

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Mueller report and Russian interference – Donald Trump is set to weaponise the special counsel’s finding of no collusion with Russia in his bid for re-election, turning vindication into vengeance with an assault on Democrats and the media"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Brexiteer MPs are apparently borrowing terms from the KKK – could this be why?

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the caretaker Prime Minister

David Squires:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Jesus I just googled Skillzy, that is terrifying

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
The Nodealzy panel is loving incredible. :v:

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

what

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

To mainsplain the pic: it refers to the fear that the house of parliament are now going to negotiate a soft brexit, but the artist made it a joke about mainsplaining so they don't have to admit that they actually agree that lexit is bad.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
To Mattsplain it, tea makes biscuits soft, pay me £2,500 for my time explaining this.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Adams is such a lovely artist he can't even get the colours of the robes right.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
"Oops, I forgot a joke!"

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Putin with the latex gloves there. He's a pro.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the influence of Tory factions over Theresa May – Hard Brexiters have been asked if they will back the PM’s deal in return for her quitting"

Telegraph:

Van Gogh: How London inspired a genius

Matt:

Oliver Letwin: the unlikely Brexit rebel

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Brexit news latest: Jacob Rees-Mogg signals he could back Theresa May's deal despite being vocal critic

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on… Parliament taking back control

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I feel like the world where Parliament is just a giant angry anthromorphic clock tower would be a better one tbh