Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I think the story is interesting but, I'm also a dumbass who dropped out of community college

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's the same as every Souls game

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

ya lol immortality is both bad & gross

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a land of ash... consumed by flame..? haha where do they come up with this stuff

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A land of rear end consumed by tane

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

I.N.R.I posted:

and like .. i watch a lot of anime right .. but theres some things you can only pick up on when people are speaking your own language.

Well I'm basically japanese.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

scary ghost dog posted:

ya lol immortality is both bad & gross

this. though i think itd be pretty cool to live forever, personally

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

A land of rear end consumed by tane

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I always read fSter than souls NPCs talk so I've never heard an entire line of dialogue delivered in full, outside of the cutscenes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well I always listen to patches laughing in Bloodborne

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

extremebuff posted:

this. though i think itd be pretty cool to live forever, personally

this guy centipedes

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

Well I always listen to patches laughing in Bloodborne

patches VA is a joy

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

game after game, fromsoft tackles the great japanese question, does stagnant liquid turn into centipedes

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I like how chill the npcs are compared to the rest of the game

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Ragg posted:

Well I'm basically japanese.

lucky .. i only know all the meme phrases and stuff like it can't be helped and chotto matte and stuff

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

as far as theme and setting is concerned, some of the novelty of dark souls and Bloodborne comes from the mix of western and eastern influences and I don't know how much of that applies to sekiro

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

In Training posted:

I always read fSter than souls NPCs talk so I've never heard an entire line of dialogue delivered in full, outside of the cutscenes

i sity there listening to every line but im hopping mad about it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

game after game, fromsoft tackles the great japanese question, does stagnant liquid turn into centipedes

Lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
ive been playing with japanese voices and just reading the text i think its fine, but im also very retarded im basically one of those big baby faced guys from the game. anyway i think its good.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Just beat Gyoubu Oniwa who was surprisingly easy for a boss

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

herculon posted:

Just beat Gyoubu Oniwa who was surprisingly easy for a boss

I was really surprised to get a memory when that guy died. His fight was short enough that I thought he was a miniboss

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

okay so i got guardian ape down to like 20% on second phase and he just stopped moving, he just rotates to track me. pretty sure he's glitched because it's been a straight minute of this, i'm afraid to move closer because i have no heals lol. his loving head in his hand is just glaring at me its really weird

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

well he started moving again and killed me. i hate my life

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

okay so i got guardian ape down to like 20% on second phase and he just stopped moving, he just rotates to track me. pretty sure he's glitched because it's been a straight minute of this, i'm afraid to move closer because i have no heals lol. his loving head in his hand is just glaring at me its really weird

lol sick

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

(noob poo poo) I feel like I should be dodging grabs that I'm not, like the enemy will literally spin on an axis for half a second before grabbing me. It looks and feels extremely weird

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

(noob poo poo) I feel like I should be dodging grabs that I'm not, like the enemy will literally spin on an axis for half a second before grabbing me. It looks and feels extremely weird

I found that you have to dodge later than you think you do for grabs, I think dodges don’t have many I-frames and the timing is a little different from Souls/Bloodborne

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im clearing up the endgame and just now am getting used to jumping instead of dodging when a sweep attack is coming

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

u talking about the chained ogre right? that things diving grab is annoying .. try grappling the tree or something when u see it coming, or dodging straight backwards. doesnt seem easy to dodge it sideways

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Got his rear end.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a lot of grabs seem to have low hitboxes to encourage using jump to dodge. with ogre i think i used run to avoid em tho

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The tracking is frankly hosed up sometimes. A lot of times I feel like jumping is better than dodging vs grabs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah i been jumping grabs, although some enemies do aerial grabs specifically to gently caress that up which looks cool

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
i swear jumping has some iframes too... maybe im going insane.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Okay phew, I'm glad I'm not alone on the grab dodging. I'll try jumping for now

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
that specific grab is the only one i had any trouble with avoiding the regular way. cos of the massive reach and tracking and you dont have mikiri counter at that point. otherwise i havent had any problem with hitboxes or anything like that .. but the games just hard, i dont mind admitting that as someone whos put thousands of hrs into the souls series. its a step up from even bloodborne

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Ragg posted:

i swear jumping has some iframes too... maybe im going insane.

youre right, or else the ape has some realllly generous windows for jumps

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

I.N.R.I posted:

that specific grab is the only one i had any trouble with avoiding the regular way. cos of the massive reach and tracking and you dont have mikiri counter at that point. otherwise i havent had any problem with hitboxes or anything like that .. but the games just hard, i dont mind admitting that as someone whos put thousands of hrs into the souls series. its a step up from even bloodborne

yes i am feeling very humbled by this game and i love it

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

youre right, or else the ape has some realllly generous windows for jumps

the ape's grab hitbox in particular either ends like an inch from the ground, or just refuses to connect if youre in the air, cuz ive been spared by it a good number of times when i was less than a foot off the floor

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

i will never be good at this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cart Mountain posted:

i will never be good at this game.

I'm the best in the world at it.