Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Ya know, someday they are going to make a documentary about Star Citizen. And in that documentary, they are going to use whatever publicly available images they can find of all the players in this fiasco. And this is probably the best image they will be able to find of Ben.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Oh cool only ninteen hundred year wait. Will the game be out by then?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

hot balls man no homo posted:

this is probably the best image they will be able to find of Ben.

But wait... There's more!

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

"Owing Commander" seems about right.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SoftNum posted:

CI!G doesn't have sales. That's your word.

:laffo: someone needs to ask discolando about that again, it was funny

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Amazing Zimmo posted:

https://twitter.com/Mysticstar80/status/1110369165842501632

seriously the graphics are now at the level of early PS3 games.

I guess that works well with the whole brown colour scheme they got going on with the planets.

https://twitter.com/Jorunn_SC/status/1110370350838235141

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Quavers posted:

Grey market stocks are about to get wrecked:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/0-ccu-update-1

Hi everyone,

Way back in May of 2017, we mentioned that we planned on expiring all unused $0 CCUs from our system before Alpha 3.0 hit the live servers. Obviously, we’re far beyond the release of 3.0, which we feel has provided an ample amount of time for the community to utilize these CCUs.

The original messaging is attached as an image for reference.

We’re now ready to move forward and will be rolling this change out in two phases:

• One week from today, on April 3rd, we will be removing the ability to obtain any additional $0 CCUs.
• Then, on May 1st, we will be removing all unused $0 CCUs from our system.

Ultimately, this is another step in our ongoing efforts to optimize all aspects of the Star Citizen experience.

:laugh:

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Lotta angry backers in that thread.

:munch: :gary:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

The Rabbi T. White posted:

:lol: perfect

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/Jorunn_SC/status/1110891519760830469

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

As Beer used to say so often, You Don't gently caress With The Spaceships.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It's me, the web storefront that can't keep track of order history

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Bofast posted:

Did you then proceed to see and then conquer?

i came, sunk and bonkers

(well that was my unqualified comment for today)

thank you for reading it!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

[video of npc mission giver sitting in a chair, giving a mission]

DREAMS.txt posted:

I can't wait to be that person in game. When you think about it, these mission givers are simulating player missions. Think about a couple years into development when Orgs are really getting a foothold in the verse. Player made Outpost will be everywhere and trade routes will be managed and patrolled by private military Orgs. You'll eventually run into situations where Org leaders need certain missions completed to open up new trade routes. So they come up with a plan to hire multiple freelance mercs to cause some trouble. I could totally see an Org setting up a few innocent players to cause some trouble and have them come in and be the heroes that fend them off. Perhaps strengthening relations with a rival trade Org. I could just see the whole thing going down. You get a video call on your ship where they ask you meet you in person. You meet on their ship or on the roof of some Arc Corp. Building and talk to them face to face using FOIP where a contract is drawn up.

DREAMS.txt posted:

Yeah, and with Foip/voip it will be just like this. Amazing.

what the gently caress is wrong with these people

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Just make up some entirely player driven poo poo in a game that supports like 50 people (maybe?) on a single server at the moment.

They can't even nail down if the PTU is gonna be massive single shard or instanced like Elite and thus completely devoid of large scale player driven moments like they are describing.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Beet Wagon posted:

Once again, Chris Roberts provides the canvas and these loonies go and scribble all over it...

I was flicking (digitally) though some of the old Letters from the Chairman, and I'm amazed that CI¬G still have these on the website. I know it's futile, casting Chris' words back at backers as a way of deprogramming them... but still, has anyone ever compiled a list of all the steaming horseshit contained in "the Letters" that currently has been superseded, forgotten about, changed or quietly buried?

EDIT: For example, have a look at this load of old cobblers

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15138-Letter-From-The-Chairman

quote:

With this funding we are now building a game that can compete with any AAA publisher backed game out there. No corporate suits deciding what franchise to milk or license.

Jonny Shiloh fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 27, 2019

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Popete posted:

Just make up some entirely player driven poo poo in a game that supports like 50 people (maybe?) on a single server at the moment.

They can't even nail down if the PTU is gonna be massive single shard or instanced like Elite and thus completely devoid of large scale player driven moments like they are describing.

did you hear about dual universe? they are really pushing the envelope these days when it comes to a giant single shard “universe“

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Lotta angry backers in that thread.

I like this low key reaction:

quote:

I am a $20 a month subscriber and long time backer and I fully believe in the project to the tune of over $7k.

Unfortunately the way long time backers are treated as second class citizens is really disappointing.

The whalefundian chat is interesting. Gonna be tricky to dangle a shiny distraction on this one. Backtrack time? Or is that too old CIG?

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beet Wagon posted:

You said it yourself, "dreams.txt". They are dreaming about something that is highly unlikely to ever happen, at least in SC.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
You can just point to the current state of PTU where nothing of interest ever happens. There's a handful of "game" systems that don't really interact with each other and no one bothers to do them because they are bugged or boring. Nothing emergent ever happens because the game is a buggy mess and getting anywhere takes forever and in a single server there aren't enough people for things like piracy/trading to happen on a large enough scale for hired "protection" to matter.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Pixelate posted:

I like this low key reaction:

The whalefundian chat is interesting. Gonna be tricky to dangle a shiny distraction on this one. Backtrack time? Or is that too old CIG?

$20 a month subscriber? For what??

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

People have been subscribed for $20 a month for 8 years

It used to be used as an excuse to fund the stupid shows they produced to sell more jpegs

But since they've cut the shows back to almost nothing. The monthly sub is for ..... paying off Chris's Porsche lease ?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

It is kinda gaming the system. For example you could buy an Andromeda to Banu Merchantman CCU for $0 when they were the same price. Then they bump the price of the BMM up by $100. So now you could turn your $250 Andromeda into a $350 BMM, then upgrade that or whatever.

I mean, I technically sold my ships on the grey market at a loss, but because of shenanigans like that I made my money back. (And still have a cutlass I couldn't sell so when this game gets good I'm be set you fudsters :smugndar: )

I'm not really surprised they left that system in place for so long though. Playing Eve taught me that the most effective scam is one where the victim thinks they're the ones screwing the other person over. Being able to upgrade after they raise a ship price lets the backer think they've pulled one over on CI(G?). Probably part of the reason there are so many ships on the grey market in the first place. People thinking that buying spaceship JPEGs is an investment or something.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

$20 a month subscriber? For what??

The videos they no longer produce...

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Reddit is currently more chilled

Just buy both ships :shrug:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:laffo:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

It is kinda gaming the system. For example you could buy an Andromeda to Banu Merchantman CCU for $0 when they were the same price. Then they bump the price of the BMM up by $100. So now you could turn your $250 Andromeda into a $350 BMM, then upgrade that or whatever.

Ah, so that's where the grey market fuckery comes in. I'd forgotten that they raised some of these things and not others. Star Citizen is the only game I have ever heard of where the loving prices of the in-game store items go up over time.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't played any of the mass effect games but I do know that Tali is the alien waifu and that there is one brunette with a really nice rear end.

Those are my observations about mass effect. Thank you.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

LOL!

48% of US women play video games in some capacity. It’s not them, it’s you.

Maybe women just don’t like toxic cults populated by 40 year old wizards, who are being financially dominated by a failed 90’s game developer, who is peddling neckbeard escapist fantasies of techno-transcendence into new life in space via an 8 year old hacked together Cryengine tech demo?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Game is good again

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:yikes:

Leave your basements and go to an ACTUAL concert you greasy scrubs

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Quavers posted:

:yikes:

Leave your basements and go to an ACTUAL concert you greasy scrubs

what is guy saying with put words together that no almost fit....

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Squadron 42 newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/cloudimperiumgames/squadron-42-update-141477?e=adcd2254ce

More mocap :toot:

The team also spent time on set filming new animation sets for NPCs that should create a lot more depth and bring them to life.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

I haven't played any of the mass effect games but I do know that Tali is the alien waifu and that there is one brunette with a really nice rear end.

Those are my observations about mass effect. Thank you.

Mass effect 2 is worth playing. Just do it. It’s not perfect, but it’s really loving good. Just trust Wrex. He’s solid.

Femshep all the way.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Sarsapariller posted:

I don't know if this'll hit the GM super hard, but there may be an implication I haven't thought of.

Mostly this is about people who realized that a $0 CCU meant free extra ships, and queued up like 100 Hornet-To-Gladiator and 100 Gladiator-To-Hornet conversions in their inventory. CIG obviously does not care for citizens having access to two ships and only paying for one, so- here comes the culling.

Now, some citizens might look at this and experience a moment of doubt, thinking "But wait, if they are so concerned about me having a ship that I can change into another ship without paying them, what does that say about them ever making the ships actually obtainable in-game? If they won't even let me use the legitimate CCU system that they themselves set up, because it might deprive them of a buck, why would they ever let me permanently obtain a ship just by playing?" These citizens are goons. Please ignore them.

Its hilarious that 7+ years later, everyone has settled in that the absolute only way to attain ships is from buying them from the cash shop. That's some next gen gamedev ingenuity right there.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Hav posted:

Mass effect 2 is worth playing. Just do it. It’s not perfect, but it’s really loving good. Just trust Wrex. He’s solid.

Femshep all the way.

But how many jackets does Wrex wear though? If it's not 3+, then I'm not even interested.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
wrex isn't in mass effect 2

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I think they meant Grunt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004