Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

scopes posted:

It's Dworkin, if the tweet opens with "BREAKING:" and makes it all the way to the end without a link to some actual journalism, everything in between can be guarantee to be full of poo poo.

While that is true, also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Jesus loving christ, just subpoena him and the whole drat thing and Mueller; the fat gently caress is clearly lying about even reading it

How is everything so loving stupid?! :psyduck:

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Kchama posted:

Huh, so the case files weren't sealed intentionally. I guess Jussie Smollet wasn't hiding anything at all, and is in fact the most innocent a person can be.

Lol, do the case files show he wasn’t in contact with these guys right before/after?

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
That sounds weird. Everyone knew the prosecution's decision would be under a microscope. Smollett's lawyers were crowing about stuff being sealed the day the charges were dropped. The prosecutor's office had a public statement ready to go. IIRC someone upthread posted something about the prosecutor's office being pissed that stuff that was supposed to be sealed made it into the released stuff from the cops.

And now it's just, whups, didn't mean it? That's, uh, quite a fuckup.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

yronic heroism posted:

Lol, do the case files show he wasn’t in contact with these guys right before/after?

The case files reveal that they were his personal fitness trainers for a music video he was doing, which is what the old check the police seized upon as evidence that he paid them was for.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

yronic heroism posted:

I’m not sure a person who calls 10k a “small fine” is one to judge what is and isn’t serious.

Hrmm slightly more than a DUI in California for 16 felonies, to a star of a popular TV show.

Also LOL at you going for the "no actually me, the guy who thinks the hate crime victim still did it, I am the woke one"

scopes
Jun 5, 2004

CuddleCryptid posted:

While that is true, also

Yeah. There's a lot of daylight between the kind of resistance grifter hyperbole - is dworkin still hawking his "THE DWORKIN REPORT"? - and the more nuanced reporting from actual journalists is significant. Just reiterating that Dorkin should be ignored as readily as Louise Mensch.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Skex posted:

I know it's a popular thing to tell people to love themselves no matter what, but some people shouldn't because they are pieces of poo poo and instead of just loving their lovely selves should instead change.

Be less lovely. Shutting up about this and stopping defending cops would be a good first step on that road.

No u.

Kchama posted:

The case files reveal that they were his personal fitness trainers for a music video he was doing, which is what the old check the police seized upon as evidence that he paid them was for.

So he calls his personal trainers at 2am right before the incident like a totally normal innocent guy, right?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Kchama posted:

In yronic's mind, black people talking to other black people is a crime in and of itself so you just lost the debate

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

yronic heroism posted:

No u.

So he calls his personal trainers at 2am right before the incident like a totally normal innocent guy, right?

I mean, look at how black they all are, am I right?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

The Super-Id posted:

Ok, but without evidence why choose this viewpoint?

It seems more likely to me that a guy fakes racist attacks to stay on TV than that there’s actual trucks of chuds rolling through Chicago beating up any non-whites while welcoming them to flavor MAGA country.

Like this whole loving event is a rabbit hole of unproven theories. The only one that’s a given are “the cops did something dirty.”

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

yronic heroism posted:

Your opinions are bad and wrong but I support your right to post them, your smug attitude sucks rear end though.

yronic heroism posted:

No u.

Are you the loving shadow? Do you know what darkness lies in the heart of man? Upstanding citizens only call people before 10:00pm?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

yronic heroism posted:

I used to get calls from clients all the time.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Craptacular! posted:

It seems more likely to me that a guy fakes racist attacks to stay on TV than that there’s actual trucks of chuds rolling through Chicago beating up any non-whites while welcoming them to flavor MAGA country.

Like this whole loving event is a rabbit hole of unproven theories.

I think this really says something about you.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
By the way, yronic has literally been told not to come back to this thread and suck cop dick multiple times by mods, so if someone wants to report him, please do.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Hey yronic, you just spent 5 pages harping on the sealed records as damning evidence, now you're suddenly not interested in talking about them why is that
:allears:

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I assume his end point is to disappear again for 2-3 months before another convo about police corruption and persecution of minorities comes up that he can awkwardly bungle his way into

Oh gently caress off with this. If you had an actual logical argument to make you wouldn’t need to hide behind posting about posters.

VitalSigns posted:

In yronic's mind, black people talking to other black people is a crime in and of itself so you just lost the debate

You too.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Wait wait hold up he knew these guys??

I'm pretty sure I know from TV that most assault/rape/murder/etc is committed by total strangers, not people who you're acquainted with...

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

scopes posted:

Yeah. There's a lot of daylight between the kind of resistance grifter hyperbole - is dworkin still hawking his "THE DWORKIN REPORT"? - and the more nuanced reporting from actual journalists is significant. Just reiterating that Dorkin should be ignored as readily as Louise Mensch.

Yeah, I'll agree to that.

yronic heroism posted:

No u.

I actually don't see anything in their testimony that he called them at 2AM right before the incident.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

The Super-Id posted:

I think this really says something about you.

Cool beans dude. Keep on alluding.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Craptacular! posted:

Like this whole loving event is a rabbit hole of unproven theories. The only one that’s a given are “the cops did something dirty.”

Because the cops did something dirty is the theory best supported by historical evidence.

Because the cops are always doing something dirty. You're the one who's making up wild conjectures like the your "trucks of chuds rolling through Chicago" which has no basis outside your imagination. You sound like one of the stupid Republicans going on about how the Democrats want to take your ice cream away.

Now sure it's entirely possible that this was some sort of hair brained publicity stunt gone wrong, but the cops doing something dirty is pretty much a given particularly when your talking about the Chicago PD.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

yronic heroism posted:

Oh gently caress off with this. If you had an actual logical argument to make you wouldn’t need to hide behind posting about posters.

You too.

fuckoff racist

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Jaxyon posted:

By the way, yronic has literally been told not to come back to this thread and suck cop dick multiple times by mods, so if someone wants to report him, please do.

P sure that was not the USPOL spring thread but thanks for creepily looking up post histories. (And for encouraging snitching.)

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 27, 2019

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Craptacular! posted:

Cool beans dude. Keep on alluding.

It says you think it’s more likely that hate crimes are fabricated instead of real in the absence of evidence.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Craptacular! posted:

I don't think we should start assuming guilt based on "it seems likely to me", doubly so when we know the cops faked evidence

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

yronic heroism posted:

P sure that was not the USPOL spring thread but thanks for creepily looking up post histories.

it's not creepy to use the b utton attached to every post to see what other bad posts someone who is making bad posts, has made. that is why the button exists. it feels like you may be trying to transfer your shame outwards to other people

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Hey yronic why aren't you interested in talking about the sealed court records anymore, you seemed to think they were super important a few minutes ago, basically enough to decide the case in our minds, what happened

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Imagine giving cops the benefit of the doubt lmao

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Dude probably has a cop body pillow he sleeps with or something

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Skex posted:

Because the cops did something dirty is the theory best supported by historical evidence.

Because the cops are always doing something dirty. You're the one who's making up wild conjectures like the your "trucks of chuds rolling through Chicago" which has no basis outside your imagination. You sound like one of the stupid Republicans going on about how the Democrats want to take your ice cream away.

Now sure it's entirely possible that this was some sort of hair brained publicity stunt gone wrong, but the cops doing something dirty is pretty much a given particularly when your talking about the Chicago PD.

I absolutely without doubt believe the cops did something dirty. I think they do it habitually at this point.

It’s that I don’t also Smollet’s stiry is a legitimate thing that happened that sends people over the edge. I’m leaving ally points on the table by saying it sounds far-fetched.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
yronic heroism I'm begging you to please stop squeezing your red nose to make it honk like a little horn

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Craptacular! posted:

I absolutely without doubt believe the cops did something dirty. I think they do it habitually at this point.

It’s that I don’t also Smollet’s stiry is a legitimate thing that happened that sends people over the edge. I’m leaving ally points on the table by saying it sounds far-fetched.

there's really not enough information for any random poster to know what happened in the case one way or the other so the only reason anyone has to argue about it is because they want to articulate some pro-cop or anti-cop position

so then it's a question of if someone wants to make dozens of pro-cop posts in an anti-cop thread repeatedly until they get probated

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Craptacular! posted:

He could’ve just misremembered the details of the attack, which is wholly understandable considering he’d be under a lot of stress at he time. You don’t have to go right from “gods honest truth” to “total lie”.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

Hey yronic why aren't you interested in talking about the sealed court records anymore, you seemed to think they were super important a few minutes ago, basically enough to decide the case in our minds, what happened

If they’re unsealed they’re unsealed. Let’s see what they say. If what’s been reported is wrong I would like to know the truth and will admit if I’m way off about what’s been reported.

Literally the thing that makes me believe the brothers over him is this:

1. Reports that he calls them before and after
2. Them knowing where he’ll be to pull off this after midnight attack
3. Stuff like not wanting to hand over phone records, saying they were white, stuff that could have an innocent explanation in theory but sounds really bad in light of 1 and 2.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Craptacular! posted:

Sorry this post is nasty as gently caress. People aren't taking the side of the cops, who are the only ones saying Smollett lied, in the absence of any other evidence, AFTER the prosecutors dropped all charges. They're doing this because they're reasonable people, not because they want "ally points". Could you even imagine that there might be *gasp* actual black and gay people in this thread?

You're not an ally, gently caress off

e: By the way jackass I'm a bi person who has been the victim of assault, poo poo actually happens to people when you go outside.

Casey Finnigan fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 27, 2019

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Or it could be that two people out of a city of millions decided to commit a hate crime.

Gay dudes have been getting beat up by bigots in liberal Austin, it's not like some unheard of thing that gay people and black people and gay black people get beat in America.

Like I don't know what happened that night, but this "pffff a hate crime? In America?!" nonsense is silly

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

yronic heroism posted:

If they’re unsealed they’re unsealed. Let’s see what they say. If what’s been reported is wrong I would like to know the truth and will admit if I’m way off about what’s been reported.

3. Stuff like not wanting to hand over phone records, saying they were white, stuff that could have an innocent explanation in theory but sounds really bad in light of 1 and 2.

I like this literally involves you thinking the only reason someone would call dudes they know who are personal trainers for them and all would be /elaborate conspiracy/

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Party Plane Jones posted:

It's not a complete 'you lose', it's a stay before it goes to the wisconsin supreme court

How bad is Wisconsins supreme court?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

yronic heroism posted:

Thanks for addressing it / revealing how full of poo poo you are.

A few weeks ago the check to his personal trainers was the smoking gun (in fact, I thought so too, and said it looked bad for him) but now that it turns it was for personal training and not for crimes, you say its a "sideshow". Even though it's the only motive offered for why his personal trainers would fake a hate crime

5 minutes ago you said the sealed records proved his guilt because an innocent man wouldn't do that, turns out it was a mistake and he didn't do that, now you don't care about that because he's guilty anyway.

You'll seize on anything no matter how flimsy or circumstantial and declare it proof of guilt, but when that turns out to be wrong it's not important anymore and it's on to the next thing to justify the verdict you've pre-judged in your head.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

yronic heroism posted:

P sure that was not the USPOL spring thread but thanks for creepily looking up post histories. (And for encouraging snitching.)

I just hit "rap sheet" but this sounds a lot like when I get into arguments with racists on FB and they get mad when I bring up they "liked" 15 white nationalist groups.