Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

I like this literally involves you thinking the only reason someone would call dudes they know who are personal trainers for them and all would be /elaborate conspiracy/

nobody would ever call yronic if they didn't absolutely have to, so I can see how social calls could be confusing for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Incorrect in every way.

VitalSigns posted:

Thanks for addressing it / revealing how full of poo poo you are.

A few weeks ago the check to his personal trainers was the smoking gun (in fact, I thought so too, and said it looked bad for him) but now that it turns it was for personal training and not for crimes, you say its a "sideshow". Even though it's the only motive offered for why his personal trainers would fake a hate crime

5 minutes ago you said the sealed records proved his guilt because an innocent man wouldn't do that, turns out it was a mistake and he didn't do that, now you don't care about that because he's guilty anyway.

You'll seize on anything no matter how flimsy or circumstantial and declare it proof of guilt, but when that turns out to be wrong it's not important anymore and it's on to the next thing to justify the verdict you've pre-judged in your head.

I never seized on the check. I always thought collusion in communications was more important.

But you just came out with all this stuff now that charges are dropped so you can claim, Trumplike, that it is total vindication.

Where were you a month ago when he got charged? Waiting to see if more poo poo would drop on him, I bet.

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Mar 27, 2019

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
cut this poo poo out yronic heroism it's not only loving pathetic and extremely revealing but it's been going on for way too long.

What the gently caress do you even want? You think the next argument you hastily jump to once the previous one crumbles will be the one that convinces us you're not racist? You ever think about maybe doing poo poo that isn't immediately obvious as racist?

Casey Finnigan fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 27, 2019

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Jaxyon posted:

I just hit "rap sheet" but this sounds a lot like when I get into arguments with racists on FB and they get mad when I bring up they "liked" 15 white nationalist groups.

Having literally the same attitude as Roxane Gay of believing him at first, then changing your mind when more information comes out is apparently the new white nationalism.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I was worried that the revelation about stuff being unintentionally sealed would present a problem but y'all pulled through and made it to ten loving pages of arguing the same arguments with the same person about Somolllet.

Anyway, in some good news those proposed cuts to Special Olympics funding are completely DOA:

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1110970818455052288

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

yronic heroism posted:

I always thought collision in communications was more important.

No you didn't dude you harped on the sealed records for the last five loving pages, and only changed tacks now when that didn't pan out

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

yronic heroism posted:

Under what law? Disturbing the peace? Maybe on a sunny afternoon, but this was cold dead of night—no one else was around to be disturbed.
Public fighting without a permit.

quote:

(225 ILCS 105/7) (from Ch. 111, par. 5007)
(Section scheduled to be repealed on January 1, 2022)
Sec. 7. In order to conduct a professional contest or, beginning 6 months after the adoption of rules pertaining to an amateur contest, an amateur contest, or a combination of both, in this State, a promoter shall obtain a permit issued by the Department in accordance with this Act and the rules and regulations adopted pursuant thereto. This permit shall authorize one or more professional or amateur contests, or a combination of both. Amateur full-contact martial arts contests must be registered and sanctioned by a sanctioning body approved by the Department for that purpose under the requirements and standards stated in this Act and the rules adopted under this Act. A permit issued under this Act is not transferable.
Illinois Boxing Commission can be real jerks about fights.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

ABC News Chicago posted:

FBI reviewing circumstances of Jussie Smollett's charges being dropped, sources confirm

https://abc7chicago.com/5219838/

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/dangainor/status/1111028230641852417
https://twitter.com/dangainor/status/1111028746960687109
https://twitter.com/dangainor/status/1111033623011045376

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

I used to get calls from clients all the time.

I would get calls from local clients at all hours of the night and early morning when I worked as a freelance web developer. People would call me when they were taking their early morning piss.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Pigbuster posted:

Stop trying to make this a classist decision between Jussie and the brothers. From what we’ve seen with the FOIA report, there doesn’t seem to be enough evidence to convict any of them. It’s not our jobs to detective this case and find out what really happened, it’s the cops’, and they completely borked this up.

And ffs, you’re the one pushing the theory in which all three men are guilty of staging an attack, while other people think the guilty party is just two or even zero. Stop acting like you’re taking the high road here.

I am just taking them at their word, and while they have some moral responsibility for helping a hoax it also seems like they were in a position to be ecomonically and socially pressured by a celebrity.

And like everyone has said, no one’s getting convicted of anything. We’re just talking internet opinions of the evidence that has been reported.

VitalSigns posted:

No you didn't dude you harped on the sealed records for the last five loving pages, and only changed tacks now when that didn't pan out

The records thing was specifically referenced as an “as long as we’re speculating” thing. It’s in the post history, as is me talking about the communications pages ago.

But as long as you’re attacking posters and what they said or didn’t say, again, where were you on this last month?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Oracle posted:

Public fighting without a permit.

Illinois Boxing Commission can be real jerks about fights.

Touché, but this sounds less like a contest than a theatrical fight scene. Of course, we could say that about a lot of boxing matches I guess.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
edit: wierd double post

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

TheScott2K posted:

God yes let's loving DO THIS

I can't imagine how exhausting this creature must be to deal with face to face on a daily basis. I once had a boss like Trump and it eventually led to a mind-losing screaming match with him in his office. And he was like 1% Trump. That no one has just jumped over the desk in blind annoyance and started strangling him until the SS pulled them off is kinda shocking.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Praxis Prion posted:

I just want to comment here that your posts have definitely done this for me and I want to thank you for it.

STAC Goat posted:

You've definitely been a part of my never ending journey towards being a less lovely straight white male. I don't think I was too bad when I started reading your posts but I sincerely believe life is us growing as people and constantly saying "I suck, I want to be better" and you've definitely helped me catch onto a few subconscious biases and blindspots I was missing in myself.

This was a while back but just want to throw my hat in nthing this, KM!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Wow, yronic's posting is uh....wow...

"yronic heroism posted:

Funny that D&D loves to call all cops fascists but I guarantee you your average grunt in Iraq had far more civilian blood on his hands than the average Chicago street cop and unlike with domestic policing none of those Iraqi civilians got to vote on who the paid the grunt’s checks.

So my challenge is simple: if you claim cops are fascists (like Manning does) tell me how VS is not a former fascist. And if you believe VS was a fascist what should the penalty be?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Stickman posted:

This was a while back but just want to throw my hat in nthing this, KM!

While we're praising KM, I just want to say she did her best to help me at my absolute lowest and I have nothing but gratitude for her.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1111036109067177984

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

yronic heroism posted:

The records thing was specifically referenced as an “as long as we’re speculating” thing. It’s in the post history, as is me talking about the communications pages ago.
The "communications" is just black people talking to black people who have a professional relationship with each other, and you assuming they must be criming

yronic heroism posted:

But as long as you’re attacking posters and what they said or didn’t say, again, where were you on this last month?

I was saying that it looked like a hoax given the evidence but that it wasn't unreasonable for people to have believed Smollett when he first made the complaint

VitalSigns posted:

After any hate crime or rape allegation or whatever, you can always find people bringing up problems they have with the story the day of, 99% of the time those people are wrong and the holes are resolved by additional evidence. Eventually there will really be a hoax, and you can pick that cherry and say "see this guy who questioned her story was right all along and you didn't listen" but that doesn't actually mean that he made a good case at the time or that he's owed an apology by someone who dismissed him.

And I was saying don't trust anything the cops say without evidence because they lie all the time and well, lol

VitalSigns posted:

Cops actually do frame people, it's not unreasonable to be skeptical of the cops' story without seeing the evidence and that's not the same as refusing to ever believe any evidence of any hate crime under any circumstances

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

call the police, someone who should absolutely be getting paid got paid

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

I think Nike made the right call, people don't care that young men are getting theirs as the NCAA makes billions of their hard work. But they hate scum poo poo lawyers like Avenatti, so I think they win out in the end.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

TheScott2K posted:

Wow, yronic's posting is uh....wow...

Wow you got me. I made a troll post and did my time for it.

As long as people are snitching, what’s the penalty for posting old poo poo about posters and quoting poo poo anyone who cares about can look up? thanks.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

yronic heroism posted:

As long as people are snitching, what’s the penalty for posting old poo poo about posters and quoting poo poo anyone who cares about can look up? thanks.

there's no penalty for it because exposing people for being weird and/or trash is cool and good

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Nail Rat posted:

And Puerto Rico is not insignificant to the primary process. That said, as I said above, it's tricky because even if a candidate supports it - and I certainly hope they do - if they say it too loud it's going to be the excuse the GOP needs to motivate their racist base to get to the polls.

If this happens, pivot the argument into a need to reduce the power of/eliminate the Senate.

lol dems pivoting an argument lol

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

yronic heroism posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZwii-qhi-c

Seriously log off for a little bit I beg of you.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Regardless of if Nike’s behavior was illegal or not, extortion is also, separately, illegal.

What a colossal idiot.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Does he think this will keep him from going to prison?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I still don't get why, absent tax issues, handing an athlete a bag of cash pisses anyone off but the NCAA. And even then, like, wouldn't they be better off if they just stopped caring?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

TheScott2K posted:

I still don't get why, absent tax issues, handing an athlete a bag of cash pisses anyone off but the NCAA. And even then, like, wouldn't they be better off if they just stopped caring?

Hey! That $5k belongs to the bursar office.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I see we've reached the "if I'm going down I'm taking you with me!" moment for Basta.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Only libertarians can make free societies sound like hell.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

yronic heroism posted:

go away cop

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

yronic heroism posted:

The totally small, insignificant fine of *checks notes* $10,000

I’m sure that gimmick could be done with a single post.

Wait... 10k fine? What fine? Wasn't his bail 100k so he had to put up 10% of that? My dude, you know that sometimes you have to fight to get that money back so it's entirely possible Smollett doesn't want to have to stay in Illinois to deal with anymore of this bullshit and is afraid of the cops who likely tried to frame him up, so he just said gently caress it. He might have even thought it would come off as a gesture of goodwill so people would stop attacking him but if that was the case we can all see that racists / homophobes like yourself won't let anything go.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Strange Poon posted:

Wait... 10k fine? What fine? Wasn't his bail 100k so he had to put up 10% of that? My dude, you know that sometimes you have to fight to get that money back so it's entirely possible Smollett doesn't want to have to stay in Illinois to deal with anymore of this bullshit and is afraid of the cops who likely tried to frame him up, so he just said gently caress it. He might have even thought it would come off as a gesture of goodwill so people who stop attacking him but if that was the case we can all see that racists / homophobes like yourself won't let anything go.

Don't bother with yronic heroism please, at the moment they're stuck in this weird cycle of obsessive posting and until someone finally comes in and bans them, going around in these circles is pretty pointless.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1111039483300864000

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Are people pressing the magic rap sheet button that literally exists precisely for this purpose? My word.

How unfair.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
"I'm Glen Dog. These are my buddies, Oakie, Thumper, and gently caress Face. Stop laughing. We're Very Serious Nazis."

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ague Proof posted:

The law is a land of contrasts.

Yup

https://mobile.twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1111035174823870464

April 12th

House votes on non binding resolution tomorrow condemning it

https://mobile.twitter.com/RepLoriTrahan/status/1110969200066080769

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

yronic heroism posted:

You are right that going to trial always means some risk, but this is overselling it. “Felony” doesn’t mean “automatically go to prison for ten or fifty years” or even one year.

I highly doubt that the 16 felonies would be sentenced consecutively even if they are somehow eligible. They sound like the kind of thing that would land him probation and maybe some jail time.

But if he’s as blameless and honest as some here are claiming, let’s see the civil suit.

**milk shoots out nose** hahaha oh yeah 16 felonies nbd. Yeah the death penalty's not on the table, so what the hell why not roll the dice on a jury trial?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Did the white supremacist misspell "Okie" or is this a "You gently caress one tree!" situation?