Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ball Cupper
Sep 10, 2011

~beautiful in my own way~
Will pay a princely sum to whomstever can beat me to death with a cricket bat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
crisis on infinite brexit

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hairy pooper and the never-ending brexit

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Opferwurst posted:

Lol, EU elections it is then.

I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to an EU election now. brit goons, please vote for the most leftist Stalinist/Maoist you can find on the ballot

Lord Buckethead needs to stand as an MEP.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473706394009759744

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The Europeans should see this as enough reason to cancel the extension

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Vitamin P posted:

How can an MP only have 8k followers

My former MP, the DUP's Jim Shannon, has just over 2000.

He was also voted the ugliest member of Parliament a few years back.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Ball Cupper posted:

Will pay a princely sum to whomstever can beat me to death with a cricket bat

Nananananana batsman!

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Opferwurst posted:

Lol, EU elections it is then.

EU elections start on the 13th, final Game of Thrones starts on the 14th.

Are we all ready for every single journalist in Westminster to poo poo out their hot takes on how Jess Phillips is Azor Ahai?

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

bleulemon posted:

Corbyn and Labour will get ratfucked in the next GE because Scottish Labour will refuse to purge the dominant Blairite trend in the sub party and thus Labour will be unable to recoup the seats they need to win in Scotland to get anywhere near a majority. Much like how a Bernie government will get ratfucked by all the red state senators who will refuse to end the filibuster and vote for M4A.

Scotland will return near across the board SNP who would never ever let a Tory government happen, which means labour SNP coalition, which is excellent

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

this is the funniest day in brexit since yesterday, and will retain that title until tomorrow.

twoday
May 4, 2005

For work I must either go to Germany or London in April and I was planning on going to Germany but idk, maybe April 2019 London will be cool

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

mdemone posted:

wait are you telling me the two-week reprieve still has to be voted through or it happens on Friday anyway?

The UK and the EU already agreed to an extension, so under Article 50 the UK leaving the EU is already legally postponed until 12 April 2019.

However, the UK has passed a piece of national legislation that says the UK will leave the EU on 29 March 2019. Now, from an international (incl. the EU) legal perspective, the UK cannot unilaterally change the agreed upon Brexit date, i.e. the agreement between the EU and the UK supersedes that, so the UK is still a member of the EU, regardless of what the national legislation of the UK says.

Given, however, that UK politics are not only perfidious (cf. history) but also extremely stupid (cf. history, in particular the last 3 years), it's conceivable that the UK will not adjust their national legislation. In that case, the UK might think it is no longer a EU member starting 29 March 2019, while the EU, the other Member States of the EU and other state might still consider the UK a member of the EU. This is basically the maximum chaos scenario with the UK becoming the nationstate equivalent of a sovereign citizen.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

mdemone posted:

wait are you telling me the two-week reprieve still has to be voted through or it happens on Friday anyway?

according to someone they voted it through earlier today

e:

https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1111016634255396864

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Randler posted:

The UK and the EU already agreed to an extension, so under Article 50 the UK leaving the EU is already legally postponed until 12 April 2019.

However, the UK has passed a piece of national legislation that says the UK will leave the EU on 29 March 2019. Now, from an international (incl. the EU) legal perspective, the UK cannot unilaterally change the agreed upon Brexit date, i.e. the agreement between the EU and the UK supersedes that, so the UK is still a member of the EU, regardless of what the national legislation of the UK says.

Given, however, that UK politics are not only perfidious (cf. history) but also extremely stupid (cf. history, in particular the last 3 years), it's conceivable that the UK will not adjust their national legislation. In that case, the UK might think it is no longer a EU member starting 29 March 2019, while the EU, the other Member States of the EU and other state might still consider the UK a member of the EU. This is basically the maximum chaos scenario with the UK becoming the nationstate equivalent of a sovereign citizen.

lmfao holy lordy i love brexit now

twoday
May 4, 2005

Randler posted:

It's like transition from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar all over again, when England was two weeks off from the rest of Europe for about a century

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I don't see how you're going to make it more complicated, you've only got two more days to figure out a new way to gently caress it up

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Randler posted:

Has that kind of thing (states B and C think state A is part of a treaty or something, state A disagrees) happened before?

Edit: in the modern world of nation-states, I mean. Obviously all kinds of crazy arrangements happened before then.

Samurai Sanders has issued a correction as of 00:45 on Mar 28, 2019

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Aw.

Fun fact: German's national legislation regarding Brexit still comes into effect on 29 March 2019, including stuff like no longer treating the Isle of Man as EU territory for VAT purposes, despite EU law requiring the Isle of Man to be treated as such due to reasons. While Germany will just not apply their national legislation (because EU law supersedes it in this context), I'm kinda curious if the delay might gently caress over other EU Member State's national legislations for Bexit.

It's a glorious time to be alive.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/RobDotHutton/status/1111019642699595778

wait wait wait

the mexican wave??

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Mexican waves are unbritish. The only wave we want is a BRITISH WAVE, that is WAVING GOODBYE to the EU!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I think that's just what Americans call "the wave". I don't know why it's Mexican. :shrug:

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

mdemone posted:

I don't see how you're going to make it more complicated, you've only got two more days to figure out a new way to gently caress it up

what?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i ran some simulations and good news everybody

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Samurai Sanders posted:

Has that kind of thing (states B and C think state A is part of a treaty or something, state A disagrees) happened before?

Probably, but I cannot think of a really good example right now.

The closest would maybe be the question regarding the legal status of the German state in relation to WW2 and the FRG/GDR split, i.e. whether either state is identical with the German Reich or if the German Reich ended and one or more new states emerged in the previous territory. It's a more foggy issue, though, because the international law in that case is less clear-cut then in the case of the EU.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

prefect posted:

I think that's just what Americans call "the wave". I don't know why it's Mexican. :shrug:

Because it was first televised during the world cup in Mexico when the Mexican crowds would do the wave during boring games

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Randler posted:

This is basically the maximum chaos scenario with the UK becoming the nationstate equivalent of a sovereign citizen.

lmao

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

prefect posted:

The wave got big on Mexico '86 , hence the moniker.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/video/2019/mar/21/brexit-breakdown-anywhere-but-westminster-a-big-day-in-the-north-video

it’s hard to describe how poo poo most of the U.K. is, and lol that the one dirty protest which the proles managed to throw in the face of the elites had been mutated into another smash and grab on the poor

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Should be called Brenter considering the amount o proper fuckin goin on innit

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I wonder what option would win if they had a series of 8 or 9 votes, each time saying "Vote for the 1-3 options you would like to see least", and removing it, until one is left. Basically forcing em to make a choice for something.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Ika posted:

I wonder what option would win if they had a series of 8 or 9 votes, each time saying "Vote for the 1-3 options you would like to see least", and removing it, until one is left. Basically forcing em to make a choice for something.

2011 called and we won't be having anything like that thanks

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Ika posted:

ROYALE

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Time to reset the Brexit Countdown Clock

Oh gently caress which button do i press

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what do you mean "what button"? Brexit is not about affirmative choice!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Surely when representative government has failed like this, objectively failed, failed to even come up with any policy at all, the queen should get to pick what happens.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

we the parliament have rejected all deals

we have as well rejected the state of no-deal

also we have accepted the timetable for exit

:pram:

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

hakimashou posted:

Surely when representative government has failed like this, objectively failed, failed to even come up with any policy at all, the queen should get to pick what happens.

hopefully the queen would refuse to accept May’s resignation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

after ni and scotland break away im excited to see a welsh independence movement really pick up some steam