Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I love that Devin Townsend worked with the RBN release. re: Eating Poop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kumba posted:

i would buy anything devin townsend related in a heartbeat

also how is there no periphery in this game, seems like they'd be all over getting their music in here

I just want The Mighty Masturbator. Is that too much to ask?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Does anyone have suggestions for songs that would be considered Epic Endings?

Talkin' like:

Freebird
Won't Get Fooled Again
Everlong

Preferably stuff that is kinda mainstream and a little fun to play for most instruments (like, no Dream Theater or anything wanky like that)

Trying to figure out a good finale setlist for Extra Life this year.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Rime of the Ancient Mariner? All Along the Watchtower? One Vision? Foreplay/Long Time? Roll with the Changes? School's Out (Live)? Heart of the Sunrise? 25 or 6 to 4? Do You Feel Like We Do (Live)? Painkiller? Mama, I'm Coming Home? Holy Wars... The Punishment Due? American Girl? GG&HT?

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 27, 2019

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Thick as a Brick.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do Thick as a Brick.
Also I found these lists.
https://rockband.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Songs_with_Big_Rock_Endings
[https://wiki.scorehero.com/BigRockEnding

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I very thankfully do not have Thick as a Brick and it does not appear to be for sale. Phew.

Thanks for the other suggestions! I did not even think to check out BRE songs as a shortcut, I've got an updated RBDB profile even so finding the ones I have/want will be a snap.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The season rewards are hideous and I love them. We finished at platinum. How gaudy are the Diamond & Bloodstone rewards?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

BRE was so overused in RB1 era...

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.
I'll be a little contrarian about the dlc, I mainly sing, have been buying the season passes and this last season was all right on that end except for the week that was double lovely metal. The FFDP song was fun on guitar, too. We got some 90s stuff, too, which always makes me happy.

Sure there is tons of stuff I'd rather have, but I don't mind taking a chance. I don't even like country, but the songs they've stuck me with via pass or in game setlist are fun and I don't mind them.

The Diamond and Bloodstone rewards are the least ugly, but...not something I foresee using. It's too bad they aren't just helmets.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Pleads posted:

Does anyone have suggestions for songs that would be considered Epic Endings?

Talkin' like:

Freebird
Won't Get Fooled Again
Everlong

Preferably stuff that is kinda mainstream and a little fun to play for most instruments (like, no Dream Theater or anything wanky like that)

Trying to figure out a good finale setlist for Extra Life this year.

There's probably some good AC/DC songs that fall under this moniker, too.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Subdivisions by Rush

WingsOfSteel
Nov 13, 2007

Even Dr. Octopus can learn something from the Internet!
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, baby

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
In the Garden Of Eden?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSCUhqsy4Nk
(also sweet merciful gently caress, nearly 18 minutes of song. drat. Then again I want The Mighty Masturbator by Devin as DLC, and that's 16 minutes.)

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

~Coxy posted:

BRE was so overused in RB1 era...

No, they're underused now.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
There's a custom for Thick as a Brick. It's 40 minutes long and it rules.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Dr Zaius posted:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr Zaius posted:

Ahh, the full version. I'm terrible at navigating the custom site. Did anyone ever make more Placebo or Primus songs?

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit

Manuel Calavera posted:

Ahh, the full version. I'm terrible at navigating the custom site. Did anyone ever make more Placebo or Primus songs?

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html

That's the database, search artist there instead of searching the forums.

6 placebo tracks and a shitload of Primus

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bles you, I also forgot where the custom site was. But forgot that I'd forgotten. Now I just need my 360 again.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Dr Zaius posted:

I'm still waiting for the musical version of War of the Worlds, assuming the 360 can load it without crashing from OOM.

(I guess if Thick as a Brick loads then it would work, because you could have each side of the LP as its own song.)

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

You know someone's at least tried to chart Metal Machine Music.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Hi, I just bought an Xbox One and this game. This is an old question but how do I download all my old DLC without crashing my Xbox? Cause that’s what the Install All button does. You’d think a One X would run its home UI a little better.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Are you sure it crashes? If it freezes, just leave it for an hour or two. The XB1 download manager doesn't really seem to like you queueing up several hundred of DLC packs at once, but it'll chug through it eventually.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I assumed it crashed because I couldn’t move the cursor... selector... whatever it’s called on consoles. If I can just leave it on overnight to do it even though the UI hanged, that’s great news.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Yeah I had to do it twice because the first time the XB1 got really confused and after downloading half, it threw up its arms and forgot about the rest. Eventually everything got in though.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Thanks folks, I’m all set up it seems like. The OP talks a lot of poo poo about the 360 instrument legacy adapter. I have one, is it really that terrible? And how do I get into a goon crew for seasonal challenges and all that jazz?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Pirate Jet posted:

Thanks folks, I’m all set up it seems like. The OP talks a lot of poo poo about the 360 instrument legacy adapter. I have one, is it really that terrible?

I use a wireless one 100% of the time for guitar and do fine so

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pirate Jet posted:

Thanks folks, I’m all set up it seems like. The OP talks a lot of poo poo about the 360 instrument legacy adapter. I have one, is it really that terrible? And how do I get into a goon crew for seasonal challenges and all that jazz?

Goon crew is full currently I was told. But I can make a new crew if there's enough of us looking for one.

I'll admit I'm relatively terrible though. But I'm definitely improving at Expert guitar/bass. Just the other night I finally hit level 50 AND got the "gold an encore" song at the same time. Albeit on the warmup difficulty songs, but. I can reliably at least finish up to 3 star difficulty songs.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Anyone multiplayering in Europe on the PS4? I've been grinding through hard pro drums and am moving to expert on the easier songs, and it's a ton of fun but it'd be even more fun in a crew.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
Tryhard Tuesday: https://www.twitch.tv/orangeharrisonrb

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/turning-it-to-season-11

quote:

Our theme for Season 11 harkens back to earlier Seasons where we led players on a tour through the entire Rock Band catalog. Season 11 will do just that as we organize challenges alphabetically by song title:

Week 1: #-B

Week 2: C-E

Week 3: F-H

Week 4: I-L

Week 5: M-P

Week 6: Q-S

Week 7: T-V

Week 8: W-Z
Cool?

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

I guess.

I really hope the recent DLC leak thing turns out to be true... both "500 Miles" and "La Bamba" would be great to have in the game.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I looked at Reddit, couldn't find a good answer. What was the deal with the last week mini challenge thing exactly? I'm not complaining, I got the Diamond outfit, which is pretty cash and much more aesthetically pleasing than the Robit one.

e - oh I can just read the blog, I've dumb.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

atholbrose posted:

I guess.

I really hope the recent DLC leak thing turns out to be true... both "500 Miles" and "La Bamba" would be great to have in the game.

Wow I would like to do those.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

How about that

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/1118152123789791235?s=19

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

good songs, wow

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H4apTkJxPI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

So, a song that looks terribly boring to sing, a talkie, and a song without harmonies? Sigh.