Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Willing to kill himself but not get a divorce I hate him so much.

Also he is fat as gently caress dude needs to lose close to 80 pounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Lonely Virgil posted:

AITA for taking my girlfriend's lasagna home when she said I could?
My girlfriend and I are both college students. She lives in an apartment on her own and I live with my parents.

On Sunday, my girlfriend made homemade lasagna for our date night. She made everything from scratch, including the noodles. It was really good so after we finished I asked if I could take lasagna home for my family to try. She said yes. When I left that night, I took the tray of lasagna with me. My girlfriend didn't walk me out so she didn't see me take the tray.

On Monday, I got a text from my girlfriend asking where her lasagna was. I told her I had taken it home for my family. She said "I thought you were going to take SOME... not the whole thing. I spent most of my food budget for the week on it with the intention to eat leftovers for the rest of the week. Now I don't know what I'm going to eat." I felt bad and apologized but pointed out that I had asked her if I could take it home and she didn't tell me that I couldn't take the whole tray. She said it should have been obvious that I shouldn't take the whole thing since the tray was so big. To be fair to her, it was a really big tray (my family of 5 only just finished the tray yesterday after eating it for dinner both nights) but I don't think the size of the tray makes it obvious that I shouldn't take it.

Monday night and last night, my girlfriend complained that she had to eat instant noodles for dinner so that she wouldn't blow her food budget. Today, she is asking me if I can buy her a sandwich since I took her leftovers for the week. It sucks that she spent her food budget on the lasagna but I think this is her fault for not being clear that I shouldn't take the whole thing. I don't think she is justified in asking me to buy her lunch because of it. She called me an rear end in a top hat for not being willing to help her out. AITA?

I hope she poisons this man.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
You ruined it, you could've lived the big lasagna life, now you have to find a new girl that makes regular sized lasagna.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
The most inexplicable part is why dude didn't just, uh, admit he hosed up and paid back his girlfriend immediately for her full food costs after she unknowingly made him and his family a massive tray of lasagna from scratch. That's like the easiest bare minimum thing to do for your partner when you make a goony rear end mistake... and he should definitely be doing way more than that to make it up to her. But I guess that requires him to not be a self-absorbed robotic manchild.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 28, 2019

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Lonely Virgil posted:

This poor woman is dating Garfield. Dump him before he eats you out of house and home

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

the anti pete, what a loving wimp

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Why are you dating someone you refuse to spend a few bucks on? Why date such a goddamn cheapskate?

Sometimes I think people latched onto the idea of having a partner without realizing that a relationship is supposed to be an improvement to being single.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I could fix this whole problem by paying my girlfriend back for cost of ingredients + labor costs to show I respect all the effort that went into this, but Ive decided that Id rather vote for brexit

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lonely Virgil posted:

My girlfriend and I are both college students. She lives in an apartment on her own and I live with my parents.

On Sunday, my girlfriend made homemade lasagna for our date night. She made everything from scratch, including the noodles. It was really good so after we finished I asked if I could take lasagna home for my family to try. She said yes. When I left that night, I took the tray of lasagna with me. My girlfriend didn't walk me out so she didn't see me take the tray.

On Monday, I got a text from my girlfriend asking where her lasagna was. I told her I had taken it home for my family. She said "I thought you were going to take SOME... not the whole thing. I spent most of my food budget for the week on it with the intention to eat leftovers for the rest of the week. Now I don't know what I'm going to eat." I felt bad and apologized but pointed out that I had asked her if I could take it home and she didn't tell me that I couldn't take the whole tray. She said it should have been obvious that I shouldn't take the whole thing since the tray was so big. To be fair to her, it was a really big tray (my family of 5 only just finished the tray yesterday after eating it for dinner both nights) but I don't think the size of the tray makes it obvious that I shouldn't take it.

Monday night and last night, my girlfriend complained that she had to eat instant noodles for dinner so that she wouldn't blow her food budget. Today, she is asking me if I can buy her a sandwich since I took her leftovers for the week. It sucks that she spent her food budget on the lasagna but I think this is her fault for not being clear that I shouldn't take the whole thing. I don't think she is justified in asking me to buy her lunch because of it. She called me an rear end in a top hat for not being willing to help her out. AITA?

quote:

It was really good so after we finished I asked if I could take lasagna home for my family to try. 

This sounds like a 4th grader trying to be smart with words.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Also, lol at how pathetic this dude is. The wife should just upgrade to loving other men in their bedroom while he watches, since he sure as poo poo won’t do anything about it.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

My search term was 'mustard'.
He [23M] said he wanted to be friends after having the most romantic weekend ever with me [23F]

quote:

I honestly don’t get it. We’ve been friends for nearly six years and we’ve dated for nearly a year. There was a point where I picked fights over stupid stuff because I was depressed, being abused, etc. Though as soon as I got out of that situation I stopped. I strove to become better.

“Jay” and I were heading to Coachella. And it was the best weekend of our lives. We had so much fun and got to see both of our idols (Beyoncé and Eminem). We cuddled, kissed, and did other lewd sexual acts here that I won’t mention. It seemed everything was going great. After the festival we went saw a movie. He was the perfect gentleman.

Then two days later after all of it. He said he couldn’t be in a relationship with me anymore but that he wanted to be friends. He said if I were to work on myself in the future maybe we can try again (false hope I think). He listed a lot of things like the fact that he didn’t like that I used weed as a coping mechanism, he didn’t like taking care of me (which I’m not entirely sure about because I’ve been self sufficient since the age of 6), I would snap sometimes (I did do that which I admit and took measures to calm down and he did admit that I stopped), that I needed to lose weight (I became an emotional eater after being abused), and that I didn’t listen when people tried to help me (there was a situation where I hurt myself and some guy told me to eat mustard. I didn’t and it made Jay mad because mustard would have helped me. But I hate mustard :( )

I know I’m not perfect. Far from it actually. I just don’t get it and I’m lost and confused how we could go from the best weekend of our lives, according to him, to this. But here’s the catch. He wanted to be friends and I’ve tried but I don’t think I can do it any longer. Masking my feelings suck. He still texts me like regular, still plays Fortnite with me, he even slept (not sex) with me one night. And it’s all very confusing. It makes me think I still have a chance if I improve myself....but then he tells me to date other people only he doesn’t want to know the details. And when it is apparent I’m upset he flat out ignores me. I just don’t know what to do. And I’m confused. My friends tells me to distance myself but I’m finding it hard when I keep allowing myself to get drawn back in. Reddit help please?

TL;DR: Ex broke up with me after having an awesome weekend at Coachella but continues to provide me hope in certain situations and I’m just confused about the entire ordeal.

top comment posted:

Are we just not gonna talk about the mustard thing?

top response posted:

Mustard is a pretty well known camping cure for cramps.

I had no idea.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Lonely Virgil posted:

Haha this moron is getting reamed in the comments, he's a stupid loser and she should just :sever:

quote:

I can try to make lasagna but it won't be as good as hers. She made everything from scratch using old family recipes. I can barely heat up premade food in the oven.

quote:

I have decided that I will buy her lunch today but I'm a little worried that she will keep asking for the rest of the week.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

therobit posted:

I hope she poisons this man.

drat that guy is just embarrassing

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

My search term was 'mustard'.
He [23M] said he wanted to be friends after having the most romantic weekend ever with me [23F]

it was an awesome weekend because he knew it was over and could finally just relax around you

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Girlfriend [23/F] becomes a different person when she’s drunk, and does things that make me [23/M] feel uncomfortable.

quote:

She and I have been dating for 1.5 years, a lot of which has been long distance (I’m still in school and about to graduate she has already graduated). We have a kickass relationship as a whole. But she has done a couple things in the past that really make me worried whenever she goes out drinking.

First, a couple months ago she drunkenly called me while she was out with her coworkers. She told me that there was a guy there that she “really hit it off with” and that it was nice to have someone to talk to while other people were “coupling off”. That didn’t sit well with me. Then after we hung up, I didn’t hear anything from her for the rest of the night, even after I had texted her to ask how everything was going. I know she got home because her friend posted a Snap of her passed out in the back of an Uber; however, we had previously made an agreement way before this that whenever one of us goes out, we don’t need to constantly text if at all; but we NEED to let each other know when we got home…no matter what. Like even if a friend had to text for one of us. I talked to her the next day about the whole thing and how I felt about it. She said she didn’t remember our conversation. I was frustrated, but we talked and she insisted that nothing happened so I let it slide.

Then a couple weeks ago, I visited her and we were hanging out with some of her coworkers, and this guy’s name came up. Not sure how, but her coworker said that “he is gorgeous” and that “everyone falls in love with him” and then discussed how many of her coworkers he has hooked up with. I didn’t like that either, but I never said anything.

Also during that visit, we were playing volleyball on the beach and her attractive friend from college was serving, and she (being blackout drunk) turned around and started shaking her rear end to distract him. Never said anything about that either.

She has also spanked my friends rear end, whom she had only just met at that point (blackout drunk), and talked about (WITH MY FRIENDS) how she was worried about getting a dildo because she didn’t know if “sex (with me) would ever be good again.” Both of those times I was present, and both of which I have discussed with her.

It sucks because those couple situations, which I can count on one hand, are dominating countless other situations where she has made me feel like the luckiest man in the world. And I am worried that I am letting the bad things get to me too much, when there is so much good to contradict those situations.

That being said, all in all she would NEVER have done anything like this when she is sober. She is an incredible girlfriend in every other way, which I could write an equally long post about. But all of these instances accumulated together have made me terrified about what she’ll do when I’m not there, especially considering what she has done while I have been there.

But even though I have brought up most of these situations with her as they’ve happened from the “this bothered me” angle, I’ve never framed the conversation from a “you have consistently broken relationship boundaries whilst drunk” angle. Mostly because I don’t want to bring everything back up with her and have her accuse me of holding them against her when I’ve said that I’m over it. Not sure what to do.

tl;dr: My girlfriend changes when she is drunk, and does things that I believe to be inappropriate. I have talked to her about most of these instances, and she has apologized for all of them. But I don't know how to tell her that she looses control when she's drunk, without it sounding like I'm parenting her.

EDIT A lot of people have expressed that it seems like she has a drinking problem. She definitely does not in the sense that I understand what a drinking problem is. She does not drink consistently, nor does she black out often. I would say since we have been together it has happened a total of around 15 times. Honestly I have probably backed out more than she has.

Let's see... dating 18 months... Blacking out 15 times in that timeframe... nope that's not problem drinking.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Xik posted:

This one is a huge wall of text, but sort of worth to read how the wife has a complete breakdown and becomes extremely paranoid. I trimmed the updates because :words:, here's the original.

I (37M) started running almost two years ago, wife (43F) has become more and more jealous overtime and it's getting really hard to endure.

Also just loving lol that reddit suggested getting a shirt with her wifes face on and he actually thinks it is a good idea.

pro use of spoilers right here because of course it is

the only thing that would've shocked me less would be 'horses'

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Xik posted:

Haha this moron is getting reamed in the comments, he's a stupid loser and she should just :sever:

Oh my god, the comments also point out that it took his family two days to eat the lasagna, but she texted him about on the first day.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

artsy fartsy posted:

Oh my god, the comments also point out that it took his family two days to eat the lasagna, but she texted him about on the first day.

I dont stick my hands in the crocodile pit to get a chicken back

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
gdi

Prepare her as grand a meal as you can of a food you know she likes as an apology gesture

This is like "I'm sorry I hosed up your food" relationship apology 101

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

CheesyDog posted:

r/sex
Confidence issues (thin)
u/Sad_boy_23

I too have a great hairline.....I had no idea where this could get me in life. I need to go ask my wife if this is how it all happened.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my wife she was “cuntfused”

Hear me out on this one obviously the title sounds bad.

I was on vacation with my wife and a pair of friends in Switzerland. We were on a train together and the topic of mansplaining came up. My wife and our female friend thought mansplaining was a fair term and that me and my male friend were chronic “mansplainers”.

I explained that I thought mansplaining was a sexist term. Why shouldn’t men be allowed to have opinions? Writing off a mans opinion due to mansplaining seemed sexist.

I was clearly not making any progress with this argument so I asked if she would be offended if when she was confused by something I called it cuntfusion. She then said I was mansplaining the whole fight and I told her she was just cuntfused.

After this she was livid and looked into flying home from vacation early.

AITA?

Edit 1: This blew up a bit with some strong opinions! To clarify a few things

1) This was about 2 years ago, me and my wife are very happy, we laugh about this now.

2) Many people in this thread are saying I don’t believe mansplaining exists, which is not true. Sure it exists but I still think its a sexist term.

For the many people in this thread that think Im sexist for not listening to women about mansplaining take a minute to look at the many comments from men in this thread saying its a sexist term before you make up your mind. Obviously everyone should be mindful about not being presumptive and condescending.

3) Happy to accept my judgement. Im the rear end in a top hat!

Edit 2: I showed my wife this post and she loved it and is rubbing it in my face. i hope you are all happy

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for taking my bonus and creating a "secret" room in my house (complete with a bookshelf door)?

Hello AITA. Thank you for taking the time to weigh in on what was supposed to be a fun project but has turned into a major issue between my fiancé and I. I am a moderator on several other subs so I am using a throwaway so as to not cross the streams so to speak.

Last year, after several years of being out of steady work, I was able to land a really good job. My new company had an unreasonably good year and in late February I got a five figure bonus. I have always wanted a "secret" room in my house, I honestly don't know why but it's just always seemed so cool to have a room where I pull a lever, a bookcase opens to my private space. I figured with the bonus the time was right so I hired a good contractor, they tore down some walls and started digging up the foundation to our spare bedroom since the secret room will have a circular staircase to a new basement. The house was my grandma's and was given to me paid off when she died so I own the house outright and have full legal authority to do this.

Fiance is so furious at me she's thinking about calling off the wedding. She says that taking my bonus was wildly irresponsible and that we could have used the money to pay off debt, pay for some of the wedding to take pressure of her parents or even save. I counter with this bonus was essentially "found" money that may never happen again so we might as well have fun with it while we have it. She says that we are getting married, this has to be a discussion and me digging up the foundation and tearing out several walls in the house has made it impossible for her to live in the house. I counter again that its my house. The argument has gotten so intense that she has moved in with her sister and we may be looking at the end of our 2 year relationship.

Am I the rear end in a top hat in this situation?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for taking my bonus and creating a "secret" room in my house (complete with a bookshelf door)?

Bond villains almost always die in the end. She is smart to sever.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Nanny is looking down from Heaven and she can see you in your jerkoff lair

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my wife she was “cuntfused”

Hear me out on this one obviously the title sounds bad.

I was on vacation with my wife and a pair of friends in Switzerland. We were on a train together and the topic of mansplaining came up. My wife and our female friend thought mansplaining was a fair term and that me and my male friend were chronic “mansplainers”.

I explained that I thought mansplaining was a sexist term. Why shouldn’t men be allowed to have opinions? Writing off a mans opinion due to mansplaining seemed sexist.

I was clearly not making any progress with this argument so I asked if she would be offended if when she was confused by something I called it cuntfusion. She then said I was mansplaining the whole fight and I told her she was just cuntfused.

After this she was livid and looked into flying home from vacation early.

AITA?

Edit 1: This blew up a bit with some strong opinions! To clarify a few things

1) This was about 2 years ago, me and my wife are very happy, we laugh about this now.

2) Many people in this thread are saying I don’t believe mansplaining exists, which is not true. Sure it exists but I still think its a sexist term.

For the many people in this thread that think Im sexist for not listening to women about mansplaining take a minute to look at the many comments from men in this thread saying its a sexist term before you make up your mind. Obviously everyone should be mindful about not being presumptive and condescending.

3) Happy to accept my judgement. Im the rear end in a top hat!

Edit 2: I showed my wife this post and she loved it and is rubbing it in my face. i hope you are all happy

I laughed at the title because you know exactly how its gonna go.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

She says that taking my bonus was wildly irresponsible and that we could have used the money to pay off debt, pay for some of the wedding to take pressure of her parents or even save. I counter with this bonus was essentially "found" money that may never happen again so we might as well have fun with it while we have it.

I am physically struggling to find the words to express my hatred of you, like I am fumbling on a staircase in the dark.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
The rule is, secret room up high - a pleasant guy, secret room down below - 'tis a freak show.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Barudak posted:

I am physically struggling to find the words to express my hatred of you, like I am fumbling on a staircase in the dark.

quote:

YTA

Last year, after several years of being out of steady work, [2 year relationship]

So, let me guess, your fiance supported you through this period of unemployment?

You have debt, her parents are paying for a lot of your wedding, and you take this money and blow it. I don't care that it's a cool little secret room, or if you gambled it away, or if you lit it on fire. Either way, you blew it.

And then you have the audacity to tell your future wife, the person you love the most in the whole wide world, to just suck it up and its YOUR house (even though she lives there and you're about to be married and share the house legally) to just sick it up through all the construction!?

I don't have to answer if you're the rear end in a top hat here because it's going to hit you when you're alone in your little batcave at 3AM and cripplingly lonely and looking at her facebook posts where she's happily married with someone who actually appreciates her.

OP posted:

drat dude, this was pretty harsh.

quote:

If you think this is harsh, I know a woman who woke up one morning and the fiance who she supported and loved had contractors ripping their house apart so he could build a 5 figure room for himself instead of paying her parents/for their wedding or their debt back, and so shes like "wtf?" and he just keeps saying "this is MY house" and so now she has to live with her sister.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

quote:

So my house is paid for, I was paying for the taxes and utilities by working random hours at a call center and friend's businesses. My debt is mostly from collecting and gaming. She was there but didn't know the extent of how much I was spending. She would never go into debt, in fact she has a huge savings and investment portfolio that we battle over all the time because she thinks it's better to save it interminably, I say spend it.

quote:

I had an amazing BS that I put all on credit cards, then lost my job and then had my house broken into and insurance didn’t cover the replacement so I had to pay out of picked to replace it.

quote:

I'm a gamer dude, I game.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

My boyfriend (21m) and I (21f) of three years can't agree on movies

quote:

This is a really dumb problem, and probably shouldn't need a post, but I could use perspective.

My boyfriend and I are busy college students with classes and part time jobs. To relax, we spend our Fridays watching Netflix on his couch. We've done this every Friday night, and some Saturdays, for 3 years.

I only watch kids movies, especially cartoons.
I don't like the feelings of adrenaline that occur with movies that have adult conflicts. I also can't handle gore, crude humor, or violence of any kind. So we always watch cartoons or Disney movies.

Lately my boyfriend has asked if we could watch movies he likes. I've tried a few but I've either gotten bored, scared, or felt my heart beating too much.

He's said he's getting tired of cartoons and since he's a big movie buff, he wants us to watch some well know films. I have no interest in The Godfather or Star Wars or anything like that. I'd rather watch a marathon of SpongeBob.

What should we do here? We don't really have the money for dates outside the house, and we've watched movies for so long it's hard to imagine doing anything else.

tl;dr: I only watch kids movies, boyfriend is a movie buff. We can't seem to reach a compromise.
She gets slammed in the comments with people explaining she is the one not compromising.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
Can't pay wife back for my gamer debt cuz I gotta roleplay harry potter before it becomes a happy movie.

e: right, future wife.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Please, no more spirit, I beg of you!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Honey, I don't understand all this stupid saving you're doing. What good is cash or some stupid Vanguard funds sitting in a bank account doing us? Lets enjoy it now! Here, let me put it in terms you'll understand: you know how when you get to Sephiroth's final form and you have stacks of 99 elixirs and you STILL don't want to use them? That's you with our money- honey, where are you going? Fine, when you're ready to hear why you're wrong you know where to find me.

*Sighs and presses down on the head of my Adam West batman Funcopop, causing the bookshelf to open*

cumshitter fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Mar 28, 2019

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

The gently caress is "an amazing BS"?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
also holy poo poo she needs to run away

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Can YOU guess the pursuit?

My [19F] brother has signed with WWE Our parents are furious because they think he is wasting his life

quote:

My brother is in his early 20's. We have a family friend that works at the WWE school in Orlando. He helps train and according to him our brother is well above where he should be after several months. He has not made his TV debut yet, it's going to be a while but he is doing really well and our friend said they are impressed with his Charisma/Look and work ethic and willingness to learn/behaviour.

We skype all the time he is in Orlando and I am in Tampa, I go down to see him some weeks. I am really proud of my brother and I know he will succeed he has always been athletic and charismatic.

Our parents are not happy though, they think he is throwing away his life and having a job that requires you to basically travel 24/7 is ridiculous. They think it's ridiculous he has done so well for himself in fake fighting in their mind and they don't want him to be a wrestler.

They don't want him to come to thanksgiving this year and don't want a son who is in a barbaric entertainment. How do I get through to them?

tl;dr: Parents don't like our brother signed to WWE. They want nothing to do with him

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Can YOU guess the pursuit?

My [19F] brother has signed with WWE Our parents are furious because they think he is wasting his life

Lol that's awesome, those parents suck

I guessed MMA but the answer is way better

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

The gently caress is "an amazing BS"?

Bachelor of Science maybe?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Brother is already more successful than 99% of all actors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lonely Virgil posted:

At first I thought "Not the rear end in a top hat, a simple misunderstanding" and then I got to the point where he's refusing to repay her because apparently she deserves to be punished or something?

And then I reread the post and realised that it took his family of five two nights to eat it so nevermind he was an idiot rear end in a top hat for taking this massive slab of lasagna in the first place.