Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Imasalmon posted:

I'm seeing a few guys listed as on the DL in my yahoo league. Managed to get stripling and Alonso after putting Severino and Wood on the DL.

Dang, I'm surprised both of them were still available this late.

I've officially IL'd Gennett as well, and picked up Hampson since it seems like every fantasy ranking has him higher than McMahon at this point.

EDIT: And Dellin is official too, so gently caress it I snagged McMahon with that spot. Filling in another RP can wait a little.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Which of these fine Hernandez boys do I want?

Cesar Or Kike

Edit: went Cesar as he should probably be owned. Kike is more fun but he can sit a week

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Mar 28, 2019

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
It's finally here.

Good luck everybody.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Bregor posted:

It's finally here.

Good luck everybody.

:cheers:

My body is ready.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
ESPN's new buggy software is showing every player out of the starting lineup today :bravo:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Simpsons Reference posted:

H2H redraft: Fernando Tatis or Ryan McMahon? And why is McMahon a FA in the Fire & Forget league? He was raking by the 18th, wasn't he?

people were probably worried about PT still

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Rand alPaul posted:

ESPN's new buggy software is showing every player out of the starting lineup today :bravo:

Yahoo supremacy!

something will go wrong. it always does.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Happy Opening Day I look forward to my entire offense going 0-fer today just to kick things off right.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Maybe not a good sign when my catcher in one league isn't playing on opening day?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Pussy Boss posted:

Maybe not a good sign when my catcher in one league isn't playing on opening day?

The absolute cowardice of the Twins putting Astudillo on the Opening Day roster and not starting him behind the plate.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Luke “Babe Ruth” Voit is hitting 162 homers

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

resident posted:

Snagged him super late in my 15-teamer. :toot:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

resident posted:

Inspector_666 posted:

It is likely.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

DRAFT THIS MAN. THE HONKY TONK MAN.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

The Pussy Boss posted:

He will hit a pinch hit HR. Have faith.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
As someone with zero shares of Voit I was dreading visiting this thread you smug jerks

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I do have Treated Turner in roto though, so that helps

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I have Turner and Voit in my money leagues :getin:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

12 team redraft (Yahoo Pro League). I have 2 DL slots that'll be taken by Kershaw and Lindor for awhile. Should I use a roster spot on Ohtani (batter) or drop him for some waiver scrub who'll actually play (eg. JBJ, Bauers, Lourdes Gurriel, etc)?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pro Tier: Drafting Voit around 200
Elite Tier: Leaving him on the bench today for Miguel Cabrera

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

The Pussy Boss posted:

12 team redraft (Yahoo Pro League). I have 2 DL slots that'll be taken by Kershaw and Lindor for awhile. Should I use a roster spot on Ohtani (batter) or drop him for some waiver scrub who'll actually play (eg. JBJ, Bauers, Lourdes Gurriel, etc)?

I'm using a bench slot on Ohtani. Pro leagues have 162 games per position limits, so if you keep subbing guys in every time your starter isn't playing, you'll hit the limit eventually.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
So my Beckham comedy pickup :stare:

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite
Started Voit, Bird, Hoskins, Baez, and Cutch yesterday.

Too bad my pitching was the total opposite of those guys. (gently caress pitching)

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
So I have a serious logjam at SS and I'm getting annoyed. Points league.

My SSs are:
Bregman
Correa
Mondesi
Tatis Jr
Marwin

I have Bregman as my SS, Correa at MIF, Mondesi at Util. FTJ and Marwin on the bench.

I've been floating Mondesi a lot with absolutely no interest including the guy who got all mad at me. I'm big on Bregman this year but I'm willing to trade any of these guys. Basically, I want to find the best possible player for my Utility spot, or for an OF spot.

Some ideas I'm kicking around:
Bregman+ for Mookie
Bregman for Soto+
Correa for Khris Davis+
Something or other for Votto
Something or other for McCutchen

I'd like to wind up with Bregman at SS and either Mondesi or FTJ at MIF, so that means trading at least two of these guys.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
i'd just drop marwin

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'd focus on moving Correa, he's still got name value and I would rather have Bregman honestly.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I felt really sad not keeping Correa this year because I was a huge believer in him and his rookie year he was a godsend. But SS is now stacked as a position, and he's waaaaaaaaaay too young to be having neck and back problems. That seems like a huge red flag to me.

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

I built my first ever fantasy baseball team last night, auction draft for 5x5 h2h. I only just started getting into baseball last year's postseason, so my picks were like 90% from listening to the CBS podcast and liking the Dodgers. Would appreciate any general advice on how to adjust from here, like I'm pretty sure I drafted at least one or two extra guys for steals more than I probably meant or needed to, but I have no idea where I might be weak other than getting a suggestion my pitchers might suffer for innings.

C: JT Realmuto
1B: Max Muncy
2B: Whit Merrifield
3B: Matt Carpenter
SS: Trea Turner
CI: Josh Donaldson
MI: Dee Gordon
OF: Mookie Betts
OF: David Peralta
OF: Victor Robles
OF: Mallex Smith
OF: Nomar Mazara
UT: Yuli Gurriel
Bench: Cesar Hernandez
Bench: Jose Peraza
IR: Justin Upton

SP: Walker Buehler
SP: James Paxton
SP: Trevor Bauer
SP: Nathan Eovaldi
SP: Jose Quintana
RP: Wade Davis
RP: Ken Giles
RP: Kenley Jansen
RP: Roberto Osuna
Bench: Jose Leclerc
IR: Rich Hill

I'm really pumped for baseball this year!

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Am I crazy offering Corea for Khris Davis straight up? It will fill a utility spot and Davis seems almost certain to outproduce correa this year. He also went one spot after him in the draft.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've always thought Correa was overrated. Krush owns, just expect a .247 average.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

bewbies posted:

Am I crazy offering Corea for Khris Davis straight up? It will fill a utility spot and Davis seems almost certain to outproduce correa this year. He also went one spot after him in the draft.

Depends who the other owner is. If he is a casual then he will probably mash accept because of name recognition and early career hype.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

My goon keeper team loving MASHED opening day.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

If you need a closer pick up Taylor Rogers.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Last season i ended up picking up a lot of really useful players during the season. Let's see if I have any luck this year

Here's a couple guys I grabbed out of free agency already in my 16-team league:
Freddy Peralta - young, electric, could struggle with his WHIP but also has high potential
Aaron Sanchez - already had mlb success at 23yo and 24yo but suffered from blisters in '17 and was rough '18. possible bounce back guy
Chad Pinder - article on pitcherlist.com really sold him https://www.pitcherlist.com/going-deep-chad-pinder-is-poised-for-a-2019-breakout/
Dakota Hudson - made the rotation for Cardinals, low K guy but potential for good results

also I drafted this guy but:
Trevor Richards - not even getting the most hype in the Marlins rotation, but he had an elite swing & miss % last season, though he had a problem with walks

I could see some of these guys melting down but I think they're all at least worth putting on your watch list

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Fast Luck posted:

Last season i ended up picking up a lot of really useful players during the season. Let's see if I have any luck this year

Here's a couple guys I grabbed out of free agency already in my 16-team league:
Freddy Peralta - young, electric, could struggle with his WHIP but also has high potential
Aaron Sanchez - already had mlb success at 23yo and 24yo but suffered from blisters in '17 and was rough '18. possible bounce back guy
Chad Pinder - article on pitcherlist.com really sold him https://www.pitcherlist.com/going-deep-chad-pinder-is-poised-for-a-2019-breakout/
Dakota Hudson - made the rotation for Cardinals, low K guy but potential for good results

also I drafted this guy but:
Trevor Richards - not even getting the most hype in the Marlins rotation, but he had an elite swing & miss % last season, though he had a problem with walks

I could see some of these guys melting down but I think they're all at least worth putting on your watch list

Also speaking of PitcherList and waiver pickups, their Buy/Sell articles which come out every week are the best bang for your buck fantasy resource out there as far as I'm concerned.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

If you need a closer pick up Taylor Rogers.

he got the save yesterday but the Twins are doing a bullpen by committee so it's hard to say if he'll actually get the bulk of the opportunities. Indians had like three lefties in their last four batters (two were pinch hit for) which is the more likely reason to me that he got the call.

OTOH, he and May (the other likely Save guy if they go with a dedicated closer) probably won't hurt your ratios so you could just go for it and hope for a good week every now and then.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

IcePhoenix posted:

he got the save yesterday but the Twins are doing a bullpen by committee so it's hard to say if he'll actually get the bulk of the opportunities. Indians had like three lefties in their last four batters (two were pinch hit for) which is the more likely reason to me that he got the call.

OTOH, he and May (the other likely Save guy if they go with a dedicated closer) probably won't hurt your ratios so you could just go for it and hope for a good week every now and then.

Yeah, they're likely going to go with a committee but Rogers is the best pitcher in that committee regardless, so the saves would be a bonus.

I'm still caught between thinking saves are going to be really hard to come by on the wire or really easy this season what with the Proven Established Closer role declining so much.

EDIT: Speaking of
https://twitter.com/Haudricourt/status/1111734646763671554

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 29, 2019

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
My points league doesn't score holds, so any reliever not getting saves is useless. Teams doing closer by committee is frustrating, because with weekly lineups it's too hard to predict who will get saves. I currently have Trevor May and for now he's just going to sit on my bench. I drafted him for a cheap price thinking he would be full time closer, so I'm not quite ready to drop him in case he starts getting more save opportunities. If he improves his value I'll probably try trading him, but most likely I'll have pitcher injuries and be forced to start May for inconsistent saves in a desperate attempt to not fall too far behind in the standings.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gonna pimp this out again now that the opening day rush has slowed a bit

IcePhoenix posted:

I made another gimmick league if anyone wants to join

Draft is sunday night at 8:30 central. 12 team roto.

https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/165617/invitation?key=a79326b29817f7cc&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=aec0093a6d227a2b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Paul Goldschmidt has put me ahead in pretty much every batting category by himself today