Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

DoctorGonzo posted:

Fernadndo Alonso Racing Team will test the mclaren at Bahrein.
Mclaren is renamed Doc Gonzo can get over his ex Racing Teaam

This is wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I did not expect the return of Emma Kimilainen

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The Williams part shortage is nothing new. It’s been that way since day 1 from the test.

Perez is praising the son of the guy who owns the team wow must be really unbiased.

Has anyone told Alonso he’s a loving moron yet for mocking the F1 twitter account for making up poo poo when all they were doing was quoting the actual words out of di Montezemolos mouth?

Thanks,
Wirth1000
Williams Official Fan Club President
Member #1 of 1

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Montezemolowned

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Stroll driver of the pay

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

Has anyone told Alonso he’s a loving moron yet for mocking the F1 twitter account for making up poo poo when all they were doing was quoting the actual words out of di Montezemolos mouth?
It stands on it's own as an idiotic comeback.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Khablam posted:

It stands on it's own as an idiotic comeback.

Ladders stand on their own, too, but it's always a good idea to have a friend securely hold the base.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

pik_d posted:

Stroll driver of the pay

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

pik_d posted:

Stroll driver of the pay
A good post for a good thread

Also I just remembered there's a :females: emoji so whenever we discuss Formula W you guys have to use the :females: emoji
https://twitter.com/WSeriesRacing/status/1111162222359777280

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm torn between wanting to watch Formula Women because I bet a bunch of them are really good but also not wanting to support a pandering unnecessary segregation

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hopefully the W series is taken seriously beyond the possible trainwreck factor. I wish some day a female driver wears the colours of Scuderia Ferrari

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I mean they've got to be better than Formula E drivers I bet.

Edit: there are too many fraudulent british women drivers also, they should be banned along with the americans and australians for being le epic fail

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

DoctorGonzo posted:

this ad as been paid by stroll sr.

Yeah, I think that interview triggered a bonus.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Lmao at the brokebrained anti-Stroll threadshitters ITT. Mods please ban them for poor trolling.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

1500quidpoocati posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/perez-stroll-closer-hulkenberg-ocon/4359777/

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

:canada:

Checo is good and truthful.

I drive an Audi A4. It's a pile of poo poo and I hate it.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorGonzo posted:

Hopefully the W series is taken seriously beyond the possible trainwreck factor. I wish some day a female driver wears the colours of Scuderia Ferrari

As long as it doesn't award superlicense points, it's a dead end designed to pull female drivers out of other racing.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

EoRaptor posted:

As long as it doesn't award superlicense points, it's a dead end designed to pull female drivers out of other racing.

There are six races and they're intended not to conflict with the participants' full-time rides.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Theophany posted:

Lmao at the brokebrained anti-Stroll threadshitters ITT. Mods please ban them for poor trolling.

Better than being a smooth brained Stroll supporter imo

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
There's an awful lot of poo poo they'd have to not conflict with. I mean not Indy Lights, F2, F3, Pirelli Challenge, Continental whatever, IMSA, DTM, any of the five dozen regional subsets of F3, WEC...

Also just went looking for superlicense info and turns out Formula W :females: does get superlicense points at the same rate as regional F3s and Indy Lights and...wait, NASCAR awards superlicense points? Really?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

W Series is only dumb because you could accomplish the exact same thing by operating a normal driver development academy for women. Red Bull doesn't own their own racing series but they seem to be pretty successful at finding young drivers and getting them into F1. That's all you really need to do, identify talented young women and place them in the best lower tier teams; eventually one of them will rise to the challenge. W Series will probably achieve that goal - in terms of identifying who is best and providing them with necessary funding - but it's a hugely wasteful way of doing so. Also the optics are terrible.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0744ktl

Legge was pretty negative on it. Mouton doesn't like it either, which I'm surprised doesn't seem to carry more weight. Although there are a lot of big names on board with it. Including Bernie!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It is obviously dumb as poo poo, I just don't think it's going to be a net negative

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Some of these names I'm learning here are either hilarious or sikk. "Sabre" "Flick" "Kimilainen" How has there not been a rally driver named Flick before? That's almost as good as Dick Trickle.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Yeah the money could probably be better used by funding some of the more talented women, so somebody like Sophia Floersch isn't constantly scrambling around for sponsorship and missing testing and always putting herself on the backfoot.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

pik_d posted:

Stroll driver of the pay

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pik_d posted:

Stroll driver of the pay

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

*almost every credible source either in F1 or a pundit of F1* “Actually Stroll is better than most people give him credit for.”

*Lobotomized idiots in this thread* “WRONNNNNGGG HES TBE WORST DRIVER EVER AND GUILTY OF WAR CRIMES.”

Just lmao

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

1500quidpoocati posted:

*almost every credible source either in F1 or a pundit of F1* “Actually Stroll is better than most people give him credit for.”

*Lobotomized idiots in this thread* “WRONNNNNGGG HES TBE WORST DRIVER EVER AND GUILTY OF WAR CRIMES.”

Just lmao

Welcome to lobotomy crew

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

1500quidpoocati posted:

Just lmao

I hadn't considered that before.

He probably IS guilty of a war crime or two.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I wouldn't say he's guilty of a war crime. I'm just saying Maldonado should still be in F1 and leading Williams to a championships.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

DoctorGonzo posted:

There is

Her name is Seb Vettel

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

With drivers limited to just two MGU-K components for the season, moving on to the second element so early in the campaign is far from ideal.

On the back of some MGU-K problems encountered in testing, Sainz admitted ahead of the Bahrain Grand Prix that the energy recovery system was the ‘weak point’ of his car.

“Hopefully they [Renault] are looking at it, and they have been looking at it during these last few days,” said the Spaniard. “And they’ve found out hopefully the cause of the issues.

“We have put some solutions in place for this race, and if they will work or not we need to see. But it is true we had a couple of failures during testing, so it is something that is a weak point of the car.

"We need to keep working on to ensure we don’t throw any more points into the bin because we did throw a couple of them in Australia.”

While reliability dramas are nothing new to Renault, which has endured some tough times during the turbo hybrid era, Sainz said that a failure so early in the first race was not up to standard even if performance had improved.

Zak "Hack Clown" Brown yet again proving his masterstroke at the behest of Fernando "FART" Alonso of ditching a multi million dollar works deal with Honda (3rd place, Australia 2019, look it up it's real) to go with Renault customer units.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth: Zak Brown is a hack
Also Wirth: if only Honda had more Zak Brown influence they'd be winning races with McLaren

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

1500quidpoocati posted:

"Better than most people give him credit for"

"OMG STROLL FOR WDC 2020 AND PRESIDENT OF THE US AND KING OF THE WORLD :byodood: HE IS BEST AT ERRYTHIIIIIIING"

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Welcome to lobotomy crew

F1 2019: Welcome to lobotomy crew

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I just changed the thread title :argh:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari