Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Invictus posted:

wark say, opinion on this summary of a manga.
Wow, that reads really dumb. I kinda want to read at least the first chapter while hungover?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Wark Say posted:

Wow, that reads really dumb. I kinda want to read at least the first chapter while hungover?
have a blast

May be :nws: I didn't actually read it, just saw it in the latest updates and read the amazing description

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Uh, wouldnt she still be covered by the cardboard toilet paper roll?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's what I said last time it was brought up

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Meme Emulator posted:

Uh, wouldnt she still be covered by the cardboard toilet paper roll?

Is it possible that Japan doesn't use cardboard toilet paper roll centers?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Invictus posted:

have a blast

May be :nws: I didn't actually read it, just saw it in the latest updates and read the amazing description
Well, at least it says "complete", so yay future hungover me?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Gyges posted:

hosed up if true.

Wark Say posted:

Well, at least it says "complete", so yay future hungover me?
If I recall correctly, on MangaDex that means that the manga is done, not necessarily that all scanlation is done. The only sure-fire way of knowing, that I've found, is when the newest chapter is tagged with [End] in the name.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 5, 2019

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Gyges posted:

Some do, some don't. It was a plot point in Gintama once.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

AnoHito posted:

Some do, some don't. It was a plot point in Gintama once.

I thought you were joking. I did not doubt because Gintama, but I googled. You were not joking.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

When will you ban dt

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

When will you ban dt

it's already been brought up to him before I even posted, and he's taking care of it rn. good mod.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

When will he ban me

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

omae wa mou banned

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I suspect it may be trickier for wark to ban based on off-site stuff and trust that he is talking to the admins. The mod is our shield

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Shouldn't the rest of the dude's post history be grounds enough? Like the way he is constantly riling up and derailing the Dragon Ball thread into being about him, even if he's doing it in the posting equivalent of "I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!" kind of way.

Like if you can't ban him for being a drat homophobe and misogynist there's still the loophole of him already being a completely terrible, meritless poster that nobody liked or will miss anyways.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Mar 23, 2019

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Liking one punchmans form over another in a thread for a kid cartoon isn't a good basis for probations, and before this if you'd told me he's just a dense motherfucker who wants to share a thing he enjoys and isn't meaning to cause arguments I would've believed you. That he kept going undeterred even after it came to light he's into lesbians getting raped straight should prove he's very intentionally in it for the poo poo-stirring.

Also according to his rapsheet he's also extremely into cops disappearing students and possibly handing them to cartels to be executed, so gently caress him and ban him forever.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Yeahhhh his rapsheet alone is pretty abhorrent

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Mods are really against offsite comments meaning anything unless it's pedophilia, and his rapsheet isn't nearly as long as other permabanned goons. It's gonna be a tough sell.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Anyone care to explain what y'all are talking about?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Dts a cop who victim blames college students for getting murdered by cartels, won't shut the gently caress up about Dragonball gt in the dbz thread despite no one but him really caring, and is the moderator on a booru derivative dedicated to art of canonically lesbian anime characters getting raped by men.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

and he talked about this in discord or something?

what's the inciting incident here

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Stairmaster posted:

and is the moderator on a booru derivative dedicated to art of canonically lesbian anime characters getting raped by men.
This would be grounds for a permaban basically any other time on its own, how is it at all a question

SA permabanned a guy for being a yoshi furry on deviantart, moderator of an anime rape hub seems like an absolute qualifier alone, it seems like the sort of thing that shouldn't need qualification

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah i know helldumping isnt allowed but i dont know why we should have to put up with this dude posting in threads for lesbian-focused manga/anime when people have been banned for much, much pettier offsite reasons

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

, won't shut the gently caress up about Dragonball gt in the dbz thread despite no one but him really caring,

It's the Dragon ball superthread, GT is on topic even if you don't like it. I've posted about GT in there before and will again.

E: current status is 30 day probe + ban, the latter of which he already paid off. Maybe just make him explicitly ban on sight in adtrw

Namtab fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Mar 23, 2019

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Endorph posted:

yeah i know helldumping isnt allowed but i dont know why we should have to put up with this dude posting in threads for lesbian-focused manga/anime when people have been banned for much, much pettier offsite reasons

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

The wiki has been down for like a week+. Gives a server not found response

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

icantfindaname posted:

The wiki has been down for like a week+. Gives a server not found response
Uh, well that's odd. I'll check to see if anything can be done from my end (can't remember who actually took care of the thing, since it was certainly not me). :shobon:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

You would probably be better contacting one of the wikis admins

quote:

Worship me!

I'm the host. If anything breaks, I can be reached via:
email: nulani (at) nulani.net
xmpp: nulani (at) neko.im
twitter: @nulani

Namtab fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 28, 2019

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I thought that the wiki has been abandoned for years

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
All right, done. Hopefully that gets things cookin'.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

everythingWasBees posted:

I thought that the wiki has been abandoned for years

same, I kinda forgot it even existed

aren't people not able to make updates to it or anything now?
e: I mean, if it was up

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah Nulani just got into me on Discord and basically I thought between nobody really editing it anymore, it not really having a purpose since Discord and other wikis now exist in huge numbers and we all talk normally on those, and the insane difficulty of keeping it clean of spambots and spampages, I'd just save myself the £15 a year.

I asked her to put it on a domain of her own so it's still reachable at adtrw.nulani.net. Don't try and log in since the https stuff doesn't work and Chrome will just start defaulting to that.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Godspeed adtrwiki, I think I found Azumanga Daioh through you. And to this day contains the only wiki pages I've created or edited. :patriot:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pierson posted:

Yeah Nulani just got into me on Discord and basically I thought between nobody really editing it anymore, it not really having a purpose since Discord and other wikis now exist in huge numbers and we all talk normally on those, and the insane difficulty of keeping it clean of spambots and spampages, I'd just save myself the £15 a year.

I asked her to put it on a domain of her own so it's still reachable at adtrw.nulani.net. Don't try and log in since the https stuff doesn't work and Chrome will just start defaulting to that.
Good to hear back. Thanks! :)

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

a kitten posted:

Godspeed adtrwiki, I think I found Azumanga Daioh through you. And to this day contains the only wiki pages I've created or edited. :patriot:

Yeah, it's a shame. I found it useful.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Pierson posted:

What is the discord? The Goonami one? Are there other goon wikis or do you mean just like the wide world of anime fandom more generally?

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 29, 2019

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think pierson is just speaking more generally, since there are multiple discords

wikis do feel a bit less needed imo when you have easy access in a chatroom setting to get goon takes on anime, plus you can always ask about shows in the chat or season threads and the rec thread is a good and active resource as well

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

If you need anime recommendations then first watch k-on and then ask me

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Namtab posted:

If you need anime recommendations then first watch k-on and then ask me

Why watch anything after K-On? Just wait an appropriate amount of time and rewatch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

lunar detritus posted:

Why watch anything after K-On? Just wait an appropriate amount of time and rewatch it.

Because then you'd miss out on Yurucamp!