Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

in that delegates exchange their yes votes to literally whip jar jar?

Felegates*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'd be a riot if rey woke up on the island with luke and told him she just had a terrible dream.

I would loving die if TLJ was retconned immediately but it was retconned by Rey being so powerful she could time travel.

Then EVERYONE with extreme opinions of Star Moopies could just be outraged together.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

:lol:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Well I guess they're not going to work at the video game store set any more. I was hoping for a series of flashbacks involving Tim Heidekker

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Rich has a surprisingly eloquent signature

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Scaramouche posted:

Well I guess they're not going to make videos any more.

star war beta max
Sep 26, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Who needs cameras when all you do is film lazy blockbuster movie "reviews"

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/sparkie237/status/1111098429239889922

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Luv it

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Whorelord posted:

He writes the letter E wrong.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

Paladinus posted:

He writes the letter E wrong.

It's a profile of his upper half

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

:perfect:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
8-bit art :meh:

made by :siren: Rich Evans :siren:

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
:10bux::10bux:

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Whorelord posted:

Dots his C's

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If Rich could gently caress up his signature any harder we'd have to elect him president.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

reignofevil posted:

If Rich could gently caress up his signature any harder we'd have to elect him president.

His is the only one I could read lmao.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I think Jay's is the weird squiggle.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Groovelord Neato posted:

aladdin was a hit solely on the back of robin williams's genie so i dunno if they think will smith can even come close.

People loved Aladdin here and it was dubbed in our language and I didn't learn that it was supposed to be Robin Willians until today, in the year of our lord, 2019

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Zzulu posted:

People loved Aladdin here and it was dubbed in our language and I didn't learn that it was supposed to be Robin Willians until today, in the year of our lord, 2019

I get it, but that just sounds loving crazy to me for some reason.
E: The Robin Williams part

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Zzulu posted:

Fun fact. In the Russian dub of the new movie, Genie will be voiced by the same guy who did the voice for the TV show, which was very popular in Russia at the time, even though the cartoon itself was only available as VHS camera rips with a lovely one voice dub.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

Paladinus posted:

Fun fact. In the Russian dub of the new movie, Genie will be voiced by the same guy who did the voice for the TV show, which was very popular in Russia at the time, even though the cartoon itself was only available as VHS camera rips with a lovely one voice dub.

What do you mean, the Russian TV station waa playing the same VHS tape over and over?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'm in work and clicked on that E-Bay link for the Koopa Trooper. The "similar items" tab consisted of erotic nudes including a full on dong, a fella getting spanked and a Japanese chick with massive tits.

Though to be fair I'm probably more embarrassed that people might have seen me looking at an 8-bit Nintendo thing than the cock and balls.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

tino posted:

What do you mean, the Russian TV station waa playing the same VHS tape over and over?

I'd believe it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Groovelord Neato posted:

i think the dumbo remake is over twice as long as the original.

How did they make it twice as long when they would have had to gut the half of the original built around the magical negro birds?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Drunken Baker posted:

I'm in work and clicked on that E-Bay link for the Koopa Trooper. The "similar items" tab consisted of erotic nudes including a full on dong, a fella getting spanked and a Japanese chick with massive tits.

Similar items are based on your browsing habits

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Similar items are based on your browsing habits

I'm getting the exact same suggestions and it's only for the Nintendo ones. Camera stuff's suggesting more camera stuff, Space Cop posters are suggesting the other Space Cop posters.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Yeah I only check here and IMDB in work.

But hey, if you're in the mood for some tasteful paintings of fat cocks, boy are you in luck today!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Drunken Baker posted:

But hey, if you're in the mood for some tasteful paintings of fat cocks, boy are you in luck today!

Paging Hodor

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

Someone who has the ability should replace Picard's face with jack's and put in random rlm clips

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mod of the decade.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

luchajones posted:

Someone who has the ability should replace Picard's face with jack's and put in random rlm clips

hahaha

:perfect:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

It's too late, he's seen it all, he's seen everything. :smug:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Jose Oquendo posted:

How's that work? No one understands (or cares) what he's saying so they just vote yes to shut him the gently caress up.?

I mean that's pretty much exactly how the US government currently works so...

super sweet best pal posted:

"Remember that movie you didn't really care for as a kid and then it completely fell out of the cultural zeitgeist after we were forced to stop selling it because it was finally deemed too racially intolerant? Here's a remake made by someone who's tonally incompatible with the story outside the pink elephants scene!"

In a way it's right in line with what he usually does though. Main character is an outcast because he's considered different, but eventually gains confidence and recognition for the thing people used to make fun of. I guess he could adapt Rudolph too.

Plus, circus clowns and Danny Elfman.

NTRabbit posted:

How did they make it twice as long when they would have had to gut the half of the original built around the magical negro birds?

Good question, although I think the original is barely an hour so it's not too hard to do. Although 2 hours of Dumbo certainly does sound like a bit much.

I read that the animals actually don't talk in this one, so that neatly sidesteps the black bird thing.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zzulu posted:

if it's not his most famous role it's up there.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Paladinus posted:

One time I watched a clip of the Russian dub of Evangelion and was taken aback by the fact that the dub was just one guy talking over the original audio.

A few years later I would see a clip of Rick and Morty's Russian dub and it was also one guy talking over the original audio. Like what the gently caress Russia?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

DoctorStrangelove posted:

One time I watched a clip of the Russian dub of Evangelion and was taken aback by the fact that the dub was just one guy talking over the original audio.

A few years later I would see a clip of Rick and Morty's Russian dub and it was also one guy talking over the original audio. Like what the gently caress Russia?

Every country seems to have its own preference for whether and how subs are done.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Russia is trash.

Anyway regarding Disney dubs working I think often a part of it, comes down to seeing it as children and liking the version you remember when you were a kid. Also in alot of countries the dubs actually have most or all of the parts portrayed by voice actors, often people who are pretty much regulars, working on dubbing these same movies for years or even decades on end,. so the movies actually end up with recurring casts.

Looking over the Disney movies, especially the 90s ones you'll see that they have a thing for putting celebrity film actors in the main parts for their movies, while they typically do a decent job I'm of the opinion that voice acting is pretty different from normal acting (screen acting or what ever they call it) and I often feel like animated/video game stuff whatever which cast lots of experienced voice actors typically tends to feel better than if they just cast big name big actors in the part for the recognition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
I know it's a common complaint with the simpsons.

A good celebrity guest would come on and play a character, usually something close to them, sometimes completely different. Those were almost all great.

Then you'd get the "Oh it's Lady Gaga" moments, which usually go over like a lead balloon.

I will say with Disney though, they seem to get some good performances out of them. I always liked Toy Story and never thought of Tom Hanks or Tim Allen as voice actors in any way.