Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Black Mirror is not a pessimistic view of the future but an optimistic view of the present

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Nickiepoo posted:

TIFU by destroying the entirety of my family for only $99

:staredog: I laughed but I feel guilty for doing so. I hope there are a bunch of follow up updates saying how him and the guy that raised him (Uncle? lol) drove off into the sunset and lived happily ever after....

also

Pinecone Sample posted:

Black Mirror is not a pessimistic view of the future but an optimistic view of the present

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Comments say that the poster is 19 and that's a hell of an age for this kind of a bombshell I feel. You've literally just become a legal adult and it turns out that your entire childhood was living a lie (so to speak). The fact that it's brothers just makes this extra spicy.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I mean it's better than the alternative which is it being the uncle on Mom's side.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Got a fresh one.

How to message my ex's friends that my ex [28F] should talk to me [27M]?

quote:

Background

3 years ago when I and Clara dated we had seen that this relationship couldn't work out, and we agreed to end it. After then I found out that she has borderline personality disorder, and I have codependency and messiah complex. What is more complicated is that she follows Daoism, and I has a strong background in science. Daoism and science has many thing to share, but they also have a lot of criticisms towards each other. So basically we were a good match, both in personality and philosophy, but there were a lot of misunderstandings and prejudices between us, not to mention the personal issues of each. Without more knowledge we knew the relationship couldn't get to anywhere.

Since the first criterion of the disorder is frantic avoidence of abandonment, she was very afraid of the breakup, even though she knew the relationship should be ended. She even had proposed a temporary breakup to make sure that we actually loved each other, but as long as we were still attaching, my codependency would still activate, and nothing would be fixed. So in order to make an efficient breakup, I decided to pretend to be super selfish, making her feel that I was not as qualified as she expected, and making her disappointed for choosing the wrong guy. By proactively making her think that she was the one who walked out from an unproductive relationship, I could protect her already fragile and hurtful heart, and to help her forget me. Without her move on my codependency will be a chain for me to actually work out the problem. This whole crazy thing also fits my messiah complex too.

I should note that although this is both like sacrificing and gaslighting, it's not. I actually think the the past years are my personal time to learn more. I do feel that without this knowledge I'm not ready to enter any relationship, whether with her or anyone else.

Problem

Now I have that knowledge, and is ready to get back. But move on is move on, and there is no need to fantasy about her love on me. She only needs to care about me when she has a strong need. I know what she needs too (explained later), but there are 3 major problems that have to be solved at once, and I can't seem to pass it:

Due to the many failures from the past, especially after the relationship with me, she may have learned that it is impossible to achieve her needs, or have convinced herself that she doesn't need them at all.

The combination of Daoism and BPD will make her feel that I will never understand her worldview. In fact, it is just confirmation bias.

Because our problems is so complicated, I can't explain anything succintly in one shot. In fact, I suspect that it is possible at all.

To explain more, one spirit of Daoism is to do something that looks "stupid", "blindfold", or "selfish", while in fact it is a thoughtful and selfless action. Depending on the specific person, it can create unnecessary misunderstandings or elaboration (my tendency) or superficial judgement or carelessness (her tendency).

To avoid all of these hassles, I think it is best to ask her friends to tell her to talk to me. The problem is, how to do that either? I need to convince them, but they don't have time for that. Any of her friends (let's call her Mary) needs to have a strong interest in talking with me so that she can know why she should convince Clara, while in fact we haven't talked much yet.

So we get to a funny situation, in that although I need to convince her, she needs to be motivated to work with me. After the talk she will want to say this to Clara:

I just have talked to Ooker, and I find it unreasonable that you ignore him. He is the one you need. You should go talk to him.

I know this sounds very much like manipulation, but I think I am being honest.

Here are the problems she had hoped me to help her:

To see the difference between real love and pseudo-love

To be courage

Here are her trusts in our relationship:

She felt that this relationship was peaceful, that the feeling she had with me was real love, and that she had put trust on the right one

She wished that she could see life as simple as mine

She believed that I could do something "extraordinary"

Here are what made her realize that she loved me (and stop playing around with me):

When she thought about what she had hurt me, her heart hurt

These are what she had said to me when we were in the relationship, but perhaps she has forgotten or even disbelieved in them. I have sent these to her, but she hasn't read it yet. Regardless her reaction, I still do what I need to do.

TLDR: if someone send you an unsolicited message asking you to convince your friend to come back with him, what would the message be? I suppose who can help me need to know the whole story to fully understand why they need to do that, but they don't have time for the whole story.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

TheScott2K posted:

Got a fresh one.

Leave that poor girl alone, you miserable piece of poo poo.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I got embarrassingly far through that before realizing he was asking how to get back with his ex after nobly whitefanging her.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised there aren't more "23andme ruined my family" stories on there.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

TheScott2K posted:

Got a fresh one.

I got to the first sentence in the second paragraph before I got too annoyed to read any more of it.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
She might be a bit jealous, yes?

My girlfriend (20F) secretly took my (22M) facebook password and started unfriending female friends.
So... my girlfriend tends to be sometimes jealous.

She has gone through my classmates (female specifically) Instagram profiles just to find if I have liked any pics and I had to explain why I have done that in 100+ messages long conversation.

Had to explain myself for a day why one friend (female) commented on my pic on Facebook and why I liked her comment.

Once had a 12h fight about my friend's sister who offered to take me to her brother's party. (Since we live in the same city and her brother lives h away).

Also had a pretty big fight when she wasn't at my home but had my childhood best friend (female) over with her mother (since they are basically part of our family) and they were staying overnight. I brought my cat to their room so they could pet him but my gf was going on and on about how I did that just to be with my friend alone together.

And finally, yesterday I found out that she has taken my Facebook password logged on her phone and every other day went through my friends list and unfriended old classmates (female only) or just good looking female friends of mine. I haven't talked with her since after confronting her about it.

I have to say after every each of these (and also some other jealousy moments I haven't written down here) she has been very sorry and apologized. She's a very loving and caring person and reminds me how much she loves me every day (at least 20 times). She even writes me letters from time to time and she really truly loves me just like I love her.

But I just can't understand why she's so jealous because I haven't given her a single reason for her not to trust me like this. We have been together for more than a year now and these moments just make me think that all of this is not worth it since I can't see how can you build relationship without trusting each other and I don't want to spend my days looking over my shoulder just to see if I left my PC or tablet unlocked.

So am I just overreacting a bit or is this really strange. This is the first serious relationship for both of us and I am looking for some unbiased opinions. Thank you.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

There were several during the holidays when people thought it would be a fun family activity for everyone to do together

it wasn’t

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

gently caress Your Website posted:

/r/relationships: The winter was hard on both of us. We weren't ready for it.

New Oregon trail sequel is boring.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for wanting him to keep his furry in check?

I don’t understand why furries think that their weird fetish needs to be thrown in everyone’s faces is a popular opinion in their “community.” Even other fetish communities are like nowhere near as weird. Could you imagine if bdsm people acted like it was intolerant to not be okay with them going everywhere in gimp suits?

Also

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/2017/12/01/neo-nazi-furries-trump-latest-alt-right-supporters-718113.html%3famp=1

:killing:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Even other fetish communities are like nowhere near as weird. Could you imagine if bdsm people acted like it was intolerant to not be okay with them going everywhere in gimp suits?

I've definitely read stories/advice-column letters about people whose jobs won't let them wear BDSM collars in the office, and also plenty of "I want to play out this fetish scenario in public, what do?"

I mean, yeah, the most egregious cases all seem to be furries, but it's not just furries.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Just when you thought nazis and/or furries couldn't get any worse.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

I don’t understand why furries think that their weird fetish needs to be thrown in everyone’s faces is a popular opinion in their “community.” Even other fetish communities are like nowhere near as weird. Could you imagine if bdsm people acted like it was intolerant to not be okay with them going everywhere in gimp suits?
Furries probably think of themselves in the same vein as transgendered people, they think they literally are a white space wolf with a unicorn horn and 3 penises trapped in a mans body. Not that it makes it okay, just probably their mental thought.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Antivehicular posted:

I've definitely read stories/advice-column letters about people whose jobs won't let them wear BDSM collars in the office, and also plenty of "I want to play out this fetish scenario in public, what do?"

I mean, yeah, the most egregious cases all seem to be furries, but it's not just furries.

True, I guess I mean to say that kind of forcing everyone to participate in your fetish is waaaay more acceptable among furries though. If you asked that in a furry community I bet they’d get support rather than mostly told to stop being a creep.

Furries just seem to be the worst kind of people. There was this documentary on YouTube about this furry convention and just how awful everyone was, from the organizers to the attendees.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Nickiepoo posted:

Comments say that the poster is 19 and that's a hell of an age for this kind of a bombshell I feel. You've literally just become a legal adult and it turns out that your entire childhood was living a lie (so to speak). The fact that it's brothers just makes this extra spicy.

Hell, I was 40 when I found out I had a half sister.

No matter how old you are, big family bombshells can knock you right off your feet.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I think it's more than a fetish for a lot of them.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Panfilo posted:

Why not go after baby daddy for child support? Moving away shouldn't be some get out of fatherhood ticket.

Depends on the state he moved to and if the teen dad has a paycheck that can be garnished. Some states don't cooperate with others as well when it comes to support.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

TheScott2K posted:

Got a fresh one.

“Because our problems is so complicated, I can't explain anything succintly in one shot. In fact, I suspect that it is possible at all.”

You see, my problem is so complicated it is impossible to put into words.

Let me give it a shot: you bailed on her and she now wants nothing to do with you but you want her back.

Hrm. Actually that was pretty easy.

Agrikk fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 29, 2019

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

I wonder if 23andme.com has forums

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Barudak posted:

While I got the same general read as you, horses are absurdly loving expensive and even a successful business would be hard pressed to support one much less 3

I think people who have not owned horses get this impression. I'm not saying they are cheap by any means, but if you already have the barn and land for them you're looking at a few hundred a month on average, not the THOUSANDS you hear in a lot of the stories where people are keeping them at someone else's barn. If you're smart about it you'd take advantage of that and board some other people's horses. I had two and boarded 4 others. I was making a decent profit, and that's after paying one of the neighborhood girls to feed/water/pick stalls/turn in and out (a couple hours in the morning and afternoon).

And don't forget, a lot of the "cost" rolled into these stories are clothes/massively overpriced tack/entrance fees/trucks/trailers for people who do things like dressage and hunter jumper competitions - that would be budget blasting even if the horse and its care and feeding were free.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Also

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/2017/12/01/neo-nazi-furries-trump-latest-alt-right-supporters-718113.html%3famp=1

:killing:

most other common fetishes involve loving actual people not staring at drawings of sexy wolfmen, so the people engaged with them tend to go outside and play with their friends when they wanna get their rocks off instead of becoming Terminally Online

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

most other common fetishes involve loving actual people not staring at drawings of sexy wolfmen, so the people engaged with them tend to go outside and play with their friends when they wanna get their rocks off instead of becoming Terminally Online

Man, have you ever read trip reports for any furry convention? Going outside does not help

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Trigger warning, sexual assault if you believe what appears to be the world's least reliable narrator

r/legaladvice
[NY] Raped by sugar baby and she's now pregnant and blackmailing me
u/nz8drzu6

quote:

Throwaway for obvious reasons.

I'm an unmarried 38M with a secret promiscuous lifestyle and frequently hit it off with sugar babies (plenty of websites where you can hook up like this, won't name any as it's not relevant). My last sugar baby, we met for a few drinks and dinners, and then she was ready to move onto a hotel.

This incident was about a month ago, I'm ashamed to say this, but she drugged me and I do not remember the rest of the night. She claims I raped her and got her pregnant, though I strongly suspect it's the other way around. She also took photos of my ID and knows my name and address, while I do not know hers. She contacted me by phone asking for $2,000 via Western Union or else she will out me as a sugar daddy to my phone contacts (which she again claims to have taken photos of) and ruin my reputation. Furthermore, she claims to be 17 (I do not know her real age, but she introduced herself as 21 initially) and will press criminal charges if I don't comply.

I have sent the money and no less than 24 hours she calls me from a different number with a second request demanding $200,000 for rape, adding that since I paid the first time, I've basically already admitted my guilt. She says this will be the last phone call as by the way I acted she knows I didn't record the calls and it's too late for me to record now. If I don't send the money within 48 hours, she will go to the police with HER version of the story.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
I have absolutely 100% read the horse / rural house story on Reddit before. I don't know if it's the same poster coming back a few months later or what, I'm desperately trying to find it. It may have even been from the wife's perspective.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

TheScott2K posted:

Got a fresh one.

r/relationships: there is no need to fantasy about her love on me

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

CheesyDog posted:

Trigger warning, sexual assault if you believe what appears to be the world's least reliable narrator

r/legaladvice
[NY] Raped by sugar baby and she's now pregnant and blackmailing me
u/nz8drzu6

ah fell for the honeypot

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I don’t have a lot of sympathy for garbage men and I don’t want to give this one the benefit of the doubt.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretty sure the only loving that occurred in his story is when he Western Unioned away $2000

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Pinecone Sample posted:

Lol

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Nickiepoo posted:

Okay I'm posting this before I have to go back 1000 pages trying to catch up with this drat thread.

TIFU by destroying the entirety of my family for only $99

Owned

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

How many horses does that woman have? I've had horses and it does not take all day and all your energy to take care of them-- especially in a winter like that where they're likely to be in a barn.

What I'm saying is she's lazy. Also gently caress owning horses, ride a cow. Cow isn't gonna spook and throw you, cow doesn't need it's feet worshipped, cow won't think of ants and die. Cow may eat the ants though, because they're just weird dogs.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Power Khan posted:

My girlfriend (20F) secretly took my (22M) facebook password and started unfriending female friends.

I have to say after every each of these (and also some other jealousy moments I haven't written down here) she has been very sorry and apologized. She's a very loving and caring person and reminds me how much she loves me every day (at least 20 times).

Your girlfriend is a psycho. :sever: in a very public place, ideally while wearing a stab-proof vest.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
AITA I told my boyfriend he couldn't wear his gimp mask to Thanksgiving dinner with my family and he broke up with me.

caterpillaropera
Aug 31, 2004

Who's gonna teach you to bump and grind?
Buglord
I (32F) think that my friend (30F) has a crush on my husband (32F) despite her telling me she doesn’t. What happened at my birthday party last night feels as if it’s gone too far?

quote:

I have a friend, let’s called her Lola. We’ve been best friends since we were 16 and are now both into our 30’s. This past year, she’s been exhibiting behaviour that is causing me to rethink the friendship.

So to skip all the fluff, last night three of my friends came over to celebrate my birthday. We watched a movie on the couch because I was recently in a car accident and am on bed rest. While my husband, Steve, and my other two friends were in the smoking room, Lola comes up to me in the living room and says, “Hey, do I have your permission to ask Steve to follow me to “friend’s” house in his car?”

Me: “You don’t need my permission to ask him but I already know the answer and he’ll say no. He’s really tired. So just leave him be. Why do you want him to follow you, your tire will make it.”

Lola: “Yeah but are you ok with me asking?”

Continuous back and forth about me asking “why?” and her saying “are you ok with it?”

Me, getting frustrated: ”Lola, your tire is fine. You’ll make it. Besides, he’ll say no. He just spent all day at school, went to the gym, then he took care of the kids and still has to put them to bed and then do his homework. He’s really tired and he’s going to say no.”

Lola: “I know all that but still. Are you ok with it?”

Me: “Ok with what?!”

Lola: “Me asking Steve to follow me.”

Me, frustrated: “Why do you need my permission?!”

Lola: “To see if you’re ok with it.”

Me, very frustrated at this point,: “I don’t care if you ask him but he’s going to say no! He’s tired and would rather be at home with his family. And I don’t know why you’re asking because even though I’m telling you that he will say no and why he’ll say no, but let me guess, you’re going to go in that room and ask anyway. Right? Lola, why would he want to leave his family to take you home?”

Lola: “Because he cares about me and wants to make sure I get there safely.”

Me: “I think he would rather be home helping his injured wife on her birthday than following you “friend’s” place. You know what, Lola... Whatever! Go ask him but he’s going to say no. Why even bother asking?!”

Lola, biggest smile on her face: “He won’t! He cares about me.”

She goes straight into the room and in front of everyone goes, “Steeeeeevvvee would you follow me in your car?”

My husband, who is a comedian at heart, answered the nicest way, but I could tell he surprised/annoyed, “Follow you? Why?” When she tells him about her tire, he says, “Lola, your tire is fine. I’m really tired and you know that. I had a long day and still have homework.” Everyone in the room agreed that the tire is fine told her to calm down when she got a bit upset, “But don’t you want to see me home safe?” Steve: “Lisa needs my help. You’re fine.”

She left. Was gone for two hours then came back and stayed quiet until Steve came down around 10pm to finish the movie with us. That’s when she perked up and started talking again.

That was last night and I would have brushed it off but then add the comments like, “Yeah, Steve’s hot. I’d do him.” Always asking if her clothes are appropriate to wear in front of him... but then goes and wears the lowest cut top ever. When she came over and did mushrooms, she only wanted him to help her and when he was gone because he was sick of her hanging off him, kept asking where he was and when he was coming back. Then she’s sent me a nude and an explicit video of her and said, “Don’t show Steve!” Like, why the hell would I show him in the first place?!

And her track record for dating married men is... well, it has me worried as she says it’s ok if the relationship isn’t doing well... anyway, I had a conversation with her just this week about the things she says regarding Steve makes me uncomfortable. Then this happened last night. She’s a family friend and considered another daughter to my family... so I don’t know what to do.

Am I reading into things? Lola says I am. Steve says that she is just weird but has no boundaries. But I think she likes him... and I want to cut contact but can’t due to seeing her at family functions. Can’t talk to our friend group. Can’t really talk to my parents because they don’t think she likes him but they agree she has issues and needs therapy.

Ugh... I just don’t know what to do.

TD;LR: best friend went and asked my husband, after I told her not to, to follow her in her car to another city during my birthday party. He said no. She was a bit upset. She’s also made comments about how he’s so hot she’d do him. Am I overreacting by thinking she has a crush and it’s too far... therefore not inviting her to visit again because it makes me uncomfortable when she’s around him? Already talked to her before birthday incident happened and she thinks I am because “he’s my brother!”

:thunkher:

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

PostNouveau posted:

AITA I told my boyfriend he couldn't wear his gimp mask to Thanksgiving dinner with my family and he broke up with me.

At Thanksgiving dinner, every time someone got up to use the bathroom my boyfriend would say "oh no, please use my mouth. It's something that we enjoy, sexually."

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

caterpillaropera posted:

I (32F) think that my friend (30F) has a crush on my husband (32F) despite her telling me she doesn’t. What happened at my birthday party last night feels as if it’s gone too far?

:thunkher:

Pretend I posted a long, loud parade of red flags complete with floats and the blue angels

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Her husband is a comedian at heart, so naturally he said something devoid of any humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Leon Einstein posted:

Her husband is a comedian at heart, so naturally he said something devoid of any humor.

He said "Lol", what else do you want?