Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

stop doing the moron's homework for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

stop doing the moron's homework for him

eh i'm done, i just wanted to make sure nobody had ignored ~my very important posts~

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Shame Boy posted:

i don't blame you if you skipped it since it's the post where he said he's starting to sympathize with fishmech and stymie which is much funnier to focus on, but i did get him to clarify what he meant:

no, i saw that, it was just completely divorced from the argument they appeared to be having with everyone else

Shame Boy posted:

eh i'm done, i just wanted to make sure nobody had ignored ~my very important posts~

i would never, weird pony fursuit person

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

infernal machines posted:

i would never, weird pony fursuit person

thanks bae

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
facebook: what is antisemitism anyway? we just don't know

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Endless Mike posted:

if that's what he meant he wrote in the absolute worst way possible

that’s what he meant but he was v drunk and couldn’t get it out

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

fart simpson posted:

that’s what he meant but he was v drunk and couldn’t get it out

i don't think that was actually the case

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

that's a very nice ddees image for something not made by ddees

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Captain Foo posted:

i don't think that was actually the case

im p sure it is because i know him irl and he was definitely drunkposting hardcore

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

fart simpson posted:

i know him irl

this doesn't actually surprise me

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Shame Boy posted:

mystes
May 31, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

that's not what he meant at all, he was trying to say that giving white indentured servants a privileged position was a deliberate and calculated effort to divide and conquer the underclass and divert attention away from the actual problems, he just said it in a real stupid way with a bunch of incorrect historical facts
Thank you, sober Stringent alt.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
he’s a very obvious troll if you read his posts in other forums

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Shame Boy posted:

im devanlee apparently

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

also the best pyramid of dominion is this one (mildly nws, therefore thumbnailed):

the crypto-communist PC-left pyramid

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

MononcQc posted:

i just wanted to read more people shitposting calling a jazzy-sounding host okay
ooh, fresh out

but we've got plenty of ''morning zoo' stock, interested?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Krankenstyle posted:

also the best pyramid of dominion is this one (mildly nws, therefore thumbnailed):

the crypto-communist PC-left pyramid

imo it's the pusheen one

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

mid bottom dude says "do you have to get ruined just for having chomp wad [sic!] with your live-in maid"

in the media:
- we are commies from 1968
- we are still commies
- secretly! haha

e: whoa word filter on surp sex

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

it’s disagreeing with the actions of the Israeli government, hth op

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

flakeloaf posted:

which is to say, bribing hr to make it look like you have a commitment to learning, so the organization will accept you

SV really is all about the things your mom used to do for you

my mommy used to tell me that i'm the most handsome boy at school, how can i monetize this

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
oh my god, they're gorgeous 🎶

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

pseudorandom name posted:

it’s disagreeing with the actions of the Israeli government, hth op

but weirdly, not blood libel

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

my mommy used to tell me that i'm the most handsome boy at school, how can i monetize this

i tried to find some kind of self-esteem reassuring startup because that's gotta exist but instead found 12 Low-Cost Business Ideas for Introverts

great ideas for businesses such as "be a life coach" and "i don't know, run a blog?" and "technical writing doesn't require any sort of formal training, right?"

mystes
May 31, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

i tried to find some kind of self-esteem reassuring startup because that's gotta exist but instead found 12 Low-Cost Business Ideas for Introverts

great ideas for businesses such as "be a life coach" and "i don't know, run a blog?" and "technical writing doesn't require any sort of formal training, right?"
How could you post this and not mention the fact that one of the ideas is "Instagram consultant"?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

mystes posted:

How could you post this and not mention the fact that one of the ideas is "Instagram consultant"?

lol i missed that one

this awful thing also came up, about how to keep your employees motivated without, you know, giving them money:

https://www.scripted.com/writing-samples/5-ways-to-better-motivate-employees-in-a-startup-business

quote:

Personal Perks
Incorporate a personal preferences survey into your new hire orientation. Have new hires fill out a questionnaire that asks about things like their favorite candy, music, hot and cold beverages, local restaurants and leisure activities. When you know the customer service rep (who just got a customer compliment letter) LOVES Starbucks, a gift card to the famous coffee house is an easy way to say thanks.

congrats on making us 50 million dollars with that sale, here's a $10 starbucks gift card!

quote:

Measure It
Remember rushing to the list of grades after a big test in grade school to see how you did compared to your friends and classmates? Published results are a great motivator, especially if accompanied by a personal thank you and handshake, or some other recognition. Measure tangible work results, such as number of customer calls handled daily, total weekly sales or production numbers. These metrics motivate people to keep up and do their best.

congrats on not doing as well as everyone else, here's a public shaming and a being fired!

quote:

Get a Training Twofer
Make motivating employees pay off with a double return on investment with training twofers, which are training incentives that provide double the benefits. For example, rewarding top performers with work-related training at conferences and industry events rewards the employee and benefits the employer with a more motivated and knowledgeable employee.

congrats on doing a good job, here's... job training?

quote:

Play Games
Don't discount the power of fun at work to de-stress and motivate employees. Fill a trophy cup with candy and put it in the department that handles the most customer calls for the week. Or let employees earn play money they can exchange for fun gift cards when they meet department goals.

congrats on meeting the department goals, here's a child's plastic trophy full of candy and some play money!

quote:

Use Video
Let your employees video their best work and post it on a company YouTube channel to recognize good work, demonstrate your company culture or introduce customers to your employees. Use video of productive employees in monthly employee meetings, in new hire orientations or on your company website.

congrats on doing good work, here's us using your likeness for advertising without asking you first!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

im the plastic trophy that gets reused every time an “award” is given out

mystes
May 31, 2006

quote:

Measure It
Remember rushing to the list of grades after a big test in grade school to see how you did compared to your friends and classmates? Published results are a great motivator, especially if accompanied by a personal thank you and handshake, or some other recognition. Measure tangible work results, such as number of customer calls handled daily, total weekly sales or production numbers. These metrics motivate people to keep up and do their best.
Good idea! In fact, let's take a minute to look at the author's metrics at the bottom of the article!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
there are whole libraries full of books along those lines

i appreciate seeing copies of this on an interviewers bookshelf because it tells me upfront that this company is going to nickle and dime me at every opportunity and that i should probably pass on any job offer they make

hey you know what i would really appreciate if you arent going to reward me with straight up money? not having to participate in bullshit company motivational nonsense.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I wonder if she got paid for any of those 87 jobs if none of them are marked as successful?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

FMguru posted:

there are whole libraries full of books along those lines

i appreciate seeing copies of this on an interviewers bookshelf because it tells me upfront that this company is going to nickle and dime me at every opportunity and that i should probably pass on any job offer they make

hey you know what i would really appreciate if you arent going to reward me with straight up money? not having to participate in bullshit company motivational nonsense.

see if you can spot what they "revised and updated" from the previous edition

lol the one minute manager sounds like a good read

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

mystes posted:

I wonder if she got paid for any of those 87 jobs if none of them are marked as successful?

the ambulance chaser school of HR

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Shame Boy posted:

i don't blame you if you skipped it since it's the post where he said he's starting to sympathize with fishmech and stymie which is much funnier to focus on, but i did get him to clarify what he meant:
Nah, you just gave him another set of someone else's words to barf up.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol the one minute manager sounds like a good read
It's a good long-term strategy, but in the meantime there are topical creams you can use if you want to manage one minute.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Nah, you just gave him another set of someone else's words to barf up.

:smuggo: try some liberal arts :smuggo:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

mystes posted:

Good idea! In fact, let's take a minute to look at the author's metrics at the bottom of the article!

that thumbnail image of her looks like one of those tim and eric video dating bits where they edit out the nose

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Shame Boy posted:

do the gf experience apps that msg you throughout the day count?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Shame Boy posted:

that thumbnail image of her looks like one of those tim and eric video dating bits where they edit out the nose

seriously thats not a real face, is that another GAN face or something?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Krankenstyle posted:

gf experience apps

for loving and cumming inside of your computer

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Krankenstyle posted:

seriously thats not a real face, is that another GAN face or something?

i think it's mostly that Test T appears to be morbidly obese and like 300-400lbs

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

*squints at incredibly tiny thumbnail* hmm yes this must be fake, I can tell by the pixels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

graph posted:

this is chudspeak if youre not aware fyi

yes, that's why i pointed it out