Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

skooma512 posted:

I have 50 dollars in amazonbux that I seriously cannot figure out what to do with.

Buy some kindle books?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
I updated the address on my license today and they took a new photo unexpectedly. If I'd known I'd've waited until tomorrow, when I'm getting a new headshot for work and will be putting a modicum of effort into my appearance.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

skooma512 posted:

I have 50 dollars in amazonbux that I seriously cannot figure out what to do with.

Programmer socks.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've had a kinda low-key lovely day and the part of my brain that self-hates is seriously craving Taco Bell, but neither me or my partner really want to drive to pick it up, and doordash wouldn't do it this late, anyway.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that my brain wants lovely food, or that I can't get the lovely food I want without, you know, effort.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
drat, now my lovely brain wants lovely food. Taco Bell soft tacos sound really good right now. No way in hell I'm leaving the house though, and my husband is about to go to bed.

I've been lowkey hungover all day because I drank way too much yesterday on an empty stomach. Thankfully I had today off, but having the day off is also part of why I drank so much last night..

The good news is that I shouldn't get any attendance points on my record for being late to work the other day, since it was a last-minute change, and this check will have some serious overtime pay, plus extra pay for missing meal breaks. The lovely part is that I worked 20 hours in two days, and I haven't had two consecutive days off in over a week and I just kind of want to die.

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005
While printing only black and white documents my printer has run out of magenta toner and refuses to print anything until I replace it

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I hate sitting on the edge of a WiFi router's range. My phone keeps flip flopping between WiFi and LTE so stuff fails to load half the time.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

small bird pudding posted:

I updated the address on my license today and they took a new photo unexpectedly. If I'd known I'd've waited until tomorrow, when I'm getting a new headshot for work and will be putting a modicum of effort into my appearance.

This is my passport photo, I had to take one after 12 hour shift of mixing sand, concrete powder, and water in a bucket with a regular shovel.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Mu Zeta posted:

Have you ever been to a small fitness class or personal trainer? It might be worth doing squats and stretches in front of a professional to get some pointers. Make sure it's not some BS crossfit class.

The last time I went to a personal trainer the guy had me doing Russian deadlifts while balancing on a bosu ball but that was a long time ago and I agree that it would probably be helpful for me.

Unrelated: our work software decided to stop sending out overdue and hold pickup notices district-wide so now we’re getting yelled at a lot more than usual (which was already at least once a week). I helped a lady today who kept swearing under her breath that she loving hated all of us and couldn’t wait to leave and the feeling’s mutual! 👍🏻

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I found an old iPad 2 in really good condition at the town recycling center, so I took it hope and wiped it. Now I have a tablet for watching videos in bed, but the latest iOS version for it is too old to run the Youtube app. :argh:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Show up on time to things people or I will be forced to start a paramilitary organization and conquer your home nations and impose a sense of timeliness.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The free apples at work aren't pink lady. :smith:

Christoph posted:

Whenever I'm disparaging a vacuum cleaner and I say, without thinking about it, that it sucks someone replies "that's what it's supposed to do hur hur hur hur."

I loving hate that poo poo.

I hate people who feel the need to make wordplay out of everything, to the point that there is a line in my OkCupid profile that basically says that you shouldn't like puns if we're going to see each other or Monty Python, Doctor Who, or astrology. :ninja:

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
My commute, because of construction, is anywhere from 35 minutes to 2 hours, and my boss is now upset I'm not always showing up on time.

I'm also using a lot of data listening to music sitting in traffic :(

I Am Not Spor has a new favorite as of 18:10 on Mar 29, 2019

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I Am Not Spor posted:

My commute, because of construction, is anywhere from 35 minutes to 2 hours, and my boss is now upset I'm not always showing up on time.

Are you using Spotify?
You can just download them via WiFi and listen at any time.

I suggest the list, "Unpunchable Jams".

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

Inzombiac posted:

Are you using Spotify?
You can just download them via WiFi and listen at any time.

I suggest the list, "Unpunchable Jams".

Yeah, Spotify. I have some stuff downloaded, but after 60 straight minutes of stop-and-go traffic I'm not sure what music or podcast is going to stop me from killing myself/everyone else.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

I Am Not Spor posted:

When I was in my 20s, my solution would just be "get to work earlier and chill in the break room" and I could get up an hour or an hour and a half earlier, miss most of the traffic, and to do that. In my 30s, I sat in traffic and then worked late to make it up because gently caress getting up early.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I finally caught up on the zaurg thread, and now I don't have anything to read while I ride the subway.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I Am Not Spor posted:

Yeah, Spotify. I have some stuff downloaded, but after 60 straight minutes of stop-and-go traffic I'm not sure what music or podcast is going to stop me from killing myself/everyone else.

I listen to a lot of Actual Play podcasts (DnD and stuff like that). It makes the commute way more tolerable because I'm listening to a non-scripted story that I've invested in.

Much harder to tune out than music so it's an actual distraction.

I have a list of recomendations if you want them.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I want them. I've been watching people play board games but I rather just listen to audio.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I made a bunch of spaghetti that tastes awful.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Inzombiac posted:

I listen to a lot of Actual Play podcasts (DnD and stuff like that). It makes the commute way more tolerable because I'm listening to a non-scripted story that I've invested in.

Much harder to tune out than music so it's an actual distraction.

I have a list of recomendations if you want them.

Have you listened to Arcs? It's newish and the first actual play podcast I've listened to. It's really good and engrossing but a lot of other ones I've listened to have been boring because it's 5-6 white guys who all have the same voice so there's nothing compelling me to pay attention. If you can recommend any that are different or particularly good I'd be all ears!

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

cyberia posted:

Have you listened to Arcs? It's newish and the first actual play podcast I've listened to. It's really good and engrossing but a lot of other ones I've listened to have been boring because it's 5-6 white guys who all have the same voice so there's nothing compelling me to pay attention. If you can recommend any that are different or particularly good I'd be all ears!

Not really a podcast, but LoadingReadyRun has a series called Dice Friends that is a variety of campaigns in different systems & settings run by several DMs. They just finished up a 10-part campaign set in Ravnica (a MTG thing) that the DM created herself, and it ran on the official D&D channel. It was an adventure to get the disparate guilds to ratify new guidelines for sausage making.
Another took place in a summer camp and the player characters were all ten years old (or the elven equivalent).

The group isn't grognards and they're incredibly inclusive and chill (although they are largely white). They post on YouTube, so you could download them.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

skooma512 posted:

I made a bunch of spaghetti that tastes awful.

Try adding a little sugar to the sauce.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Aleph Null posted:

Try adding a little sugar to the sauce.

Pet peeve: adding sugar to spaghetti sauce.

Sweat some onions in olive oil at the start, and throw in fresh basil towards the end.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Don’t listen to these clowns. Garlic and mushrooms what you’re looking fo.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Don’t listen to these clowns. Garlic and mushrooms what you’re looking fo.

Garlic is assumed, I shouldn't have to say it!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

cyberia posted:

I haven't but I will check it out.

My favorites:

-Not Another D&D Podcast.
NADDPOD is unique in the the story takes place after the world has already been saved. The party is following the wake of the God-like heroes and figuring out their journey.
Extremely funny, heartwarming and there is an opossum that is a lawyer.

-The Glass Cannon.
It's Pathfinder so the rules are chunky but the guys don't get too caught up in it. Official podcast of Paizo (though not starting out). The DM Troy is a great mix of letting everyone have their fun but is not afraid to kill someone. He practically delights in it.

-Androids and Aliens.
Same group as the GPC but with an additional Swedish woman in the cast. Starfinder so it's even more chunky but the characters are pretty dope.

-The Dragon Friends.
An Australian live show that comes out every month. It's fun because the cast of characters stays mostly the same but they change the game they are playing every "season".
They have an in-house Bard that makes music on the fly.
None of it makes sense. There is a character named Bobby PlayStation.

-The Adventure Zone.
It's the McElroys. It's DnD. It's very, very funny.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My phone/keyboard has decided to not try and fix my typos, or that every word that makes no sense is what I intend.

For sample toys is just be shackubg the drat heyvoard but oversea of realizing the words I intend, jtshfdt leaving this mess here.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

DizzyBum posted:

Garlic is assumed, I shouldn't have to say it!

Exactly. Same with mushrooms.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

When the (google) GPS finds a faster, new route why the hell do I have to decline it instead of accepting it? No I don't want to take your crazy new route that involves 35 back roads because it might save me 8 seconds over taking the highway, and I also don't want to have to unlock my phone and swipe no while I'm driving on the highway.

I'm already on a route. Don't redirect me unless I say it's ok Google. gently caress off. Also give me a better warning if it's a toll road.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Physio covered by provincial health only seems to be for people who get into accidents, not for the chronically ill trying to get back on their feet. Going to call the health link line and ask, but online info is saying "lol too bad for you, pay up"

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
What is it about office people being so amused about seeing you eat some normal food item multiple times, and why is their pointing it out so infuriating?

Yes Karen, plain Lay's potato chips are my "favorite passion."

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 21:12 on Apr 5, 2019

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MisterBibs posted:

My phone/keyboard has decided to not try and fix my typos, or that every word that makes no sense is what I intend.

For sample toys is just be shackubg the drat heyvoard but oversea of realizing the words I intend, jtshfdt leaving this mess here.

Have you considered learning to spell?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I know that adverts pay for stuff, I'm fine with that. But the advert playing before a podcast I want to listen to is an advert for that podcast. Is it really that difficult to have some line of code that prevents that kind of stupidity?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

"It's cruel to make parents of small children exit through a gift shop full of toys."

It's also cruel to corner me and make me listen to your incessant whining about something I have zero control over, Susan, so shut the gently caress up amd keep walking.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Being underemployed and not being in my chosen career path is hell on your social life. I'm too embarrassed to reconnect with my old friends, so pretty much my only consistent relationship is my dad. Yesterday was the Detroit Tiger's opening day, the day before someone said they were making hotdogs for us. It ended up being a pretty nice spread.

I told Dad about this nice thing that happened, and got two (2) separate talks about how I did lunch wrong by not offering to bring anything and how that affects me professionally at this $10/hr temp job where I take various computer cables out of packages and put them into different packages and put Prop 65 labels on them.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Sunswipe posted:

I know how to spell, I've just always been a heinous typist.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sunswipe posted:

I know how to spell but my giant fingers have trouble hitting the right keys.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Dr Christmas posted:

Being underemployed and not being in my chosen career path is hell on your social life. I'm too embarrassed to reconnect with my old friends, so pretty much my only consistent relationship is my dad. Yesterday was the Detroit Tiger's opening day, the day before someone said they were making hotdogs for us. It ended up being a pretty nice spread.

I told Dad about this nice thing that happened, and got two (2) separate talks about how I did lunch wrong by not offering to bring anything and how that affects me professionally at this $10/hr temp job where I take various computer cables out of packages and put them into different packages and put Prop 65 labels on them.

Reconnect with friends, get one of them to get you out of that hell job. I have a lot of friends in the tech industry and service industries, and that's how pretty much everyone in those sectors seems to move around. Better to be embarrassed than miserable, and if they're really good friends they won't really care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I had two friends over for dinner and cooked two racks of ribs thinking that there would be some I could eat as leftovers. Apparently we liked them so much that we ate every single rib.

It’s a great compliment to my cooking skills but now I have no food to eat and I’m hungry.