Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

yeah actually they will posted:

the more i think about diavolo's guard squad the more out of place squalo and tiziano seem. like they were just two relatively normal guys who managed to parlay their personal relationship into a working relationship or vice versa

They were Doppio's friends, really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MonsterEnvy posted:

There is a fairly good chance we did not meet the entirety of Diavolo's Elite Guard.

doesn't he deploy Cioccolata and Secco as like a last-ditch effort?

I guess all the other ones might've just sucked

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

overmind2000 posted:

Dio's theme song was the only good thing to come out of the Phantom Blood movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MztTCT2PLC0

It's so weird as a song for Part 1 but also it fuckin' slaps poo poo and as many AMVs have shown, actually kinda fits for Part 3.

Also, even if the movie is garbo, I kinda want it to be found just for archival's sake. It's weird to think that such a high-profile (in Japan) movie from as recent as 2007 is just lost.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Some things should never be remembered, like a Phantom Blood movie without Speedwagon.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Funky Valentine posted:

Some things should never be remembered, like a Phantom Blood movie without Speedwagon.

The film has a lot of baffling changes, although Dio turning something into a castle through vampire magic is hilarious and should have been in the source material.

quote:

• Dio's inner monologues are not depicted. His motives for bullying Jonathan are never explained.
  • The boxing match, rugby game and Jonathan's first encounter with Erina are omitted.
  • Two extra scenes are added: one where Dio steps on Jonathan's necklace from Erina and another where Jonathan hurts himself on a needle Dio places in his bed.
  • The concept of the Ripple is not explained clearly. The Ripple's dexterity is also never demonstrated, it is treated as a "fighting energy" used to power up Jonathan's punches.
  • Robert E. O. Speedwagon is presented as a minor villain; he is defeated at Ogre Street and is never mentioned again.
  • Jonathan's fight with Jack the Ripper is omitted.
  • Dio uses his vampiric power to transform his hideout in Windknight's Lot into a giant castle.
  • Dio does not meet the protagonists in the graveyard; the Dark Knights, Bruford and Tarkus are already waiting for them and are taken out quickly by Jonathan's Ripple Overdrive.
  • The scene where Bruford names gives his sword to Jonathan and names it LUCK & PLUCK is omitted.
  • Tonpetty appears by himself. The characters Poco, Dire and Straizo are not featured.
  • Tonpetty's flashback with Zeppeli takes place on a cliff as opposed to a tightrope over the Tibetan temple. Tonpetty reading Zeppeli's future also causes a shockwave that blows away the surrounding clouds.
  • The scene where Zeppeli, Jonathan and Dio clash under the moon takes place after Jonathan defeats the Dark Knights and in proximity of Dio's castle. Dialogue between Dio and Zeppeli, including the famous "bread" line, is omitted.
  • Dio counters Zeppeli's Ripple with his freezing technique and Jonathan intervenes in a scene similar to the manga. Zeppeli is killed in this encounter, however, in a manner not unlike Dire's death. The specifics behind the freezing technique and why it counters Ripple are not explained.
  • Zeppeli's hair does not turn white when he passes his life energy to Jonathan.
  • During their fight, Dio fires off multiple Space Ripper Stingy Eyes at Jonathan with poor accuracy. Dio's explanation on how the technique works is omitted.
  • Jonathan does not light his gloves on fire to counter Dio's freezing technique. He instead overcomes it by "powering up" during their clash.
  • The ship Jonathan and Erina board sails through the Pacific Ocean instead of the Atlantic Ocean. This is an error as Erina is still rescued near the Canary Islands.
  • The baby Elizabeth is omitted from the movie. In the manga, Erina chooses to die with Jonathan but is persuaded after he asks her to save the baby. In the movie, she enters the coffin without Jonathan saying anything.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

quote:

Dio's inner monologues are not depicted. His motives for bullying Jonathan are never explained.

I mean why would you even bother making the film?

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

That's a piece of official merchandise with text from my unlicensed fan translation printed on it. I've finally hit it big.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Daxing Dan posted:

That's a piece of official merchandise with text from my unlicensed fan translation printed on it. I've finally hit it big.

lmao nice

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Daxing Dan posted:

lol ask them for a free pair

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Unless they really drag things out next week's episode should have a scene near the end where the Boss finally Deploys the Doppio

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
They can't move too fast though, otherwise Notorious B.I.G'll murder the episode

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I kinda like Spicy Lady as a name change.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Kinda bummed that they skipped the scene where Bruno zippers a security guard to a lamp post, but otherwise a good episode. I am definitely looking forward to “waaaannaaaaaabeeeee!”

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Having read the King Crimson vs. Metallica fight again in preparation for it being in the anime in a few weeks there's something in it that I didn't notice the last time I read it: Doppio is the only person (that I can remember) in this part that throws non-stand punches when fighting and doesn't use his stand to punch separately from himself. Diavolo uses King Crimson to donut everyone but Doppio just puts its arms over his own so he can punch harder. Doppio is clearly the best pure striker in Passione.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Don't our boys punch when they're brutalizing random civilians? Or do they mostly just stomp on them?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Don't our boys punch when they're brutalizing random civilians? Or do they mostly just stomp on them?

They are talking about how Doppio just overlays King Crimson's arms over his own arms to make him punch better.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

He means in a stand fight.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Tetracube posted:

doesn't he deploy Cioccolata and Secco as like a last-ditch effort?

I guess all the other ones might've just sucked

Yup, he even says that he hates using Cioccolata and Secco and that they disgust him, but they're a total last resort.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
https://twitter.com/cioccoIata/status/1111724915793645568

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

It's unsettling that's that the third Moto Moto meme I've seen about Carne in the last two days.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
what was with the bouncy ball on the wing, was that just notorious big curled up into a perfect sphere somehow?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
So wait, notorious BIG caused giorno to write a bunch of stuff about itself and also made giorno take some severed fingers onto the plane? Or did the stand do that by itself by hiding in his sleeve or something?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Xad posted:

So wait, notorious BIG caused giorno to write a bunch of stuff about itself and also made giorno take some severed fingers onto the plane? Or did the stand do that by itself by hiding in his sleeve or something?
No the stand wrote the stuff (how is good question but it's not really that important), also it moved to the plane after the plane took off, moving super fast then went to the fridge and he started reforming itself forming corpse parts (the fingers). When bruno threw it outside, it flew back to the fastest moving object (the plane) again. It's constantly reforming itself and growing in size.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Mar 30, 2019

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I was thinking about the stupid spoilery nature of the opening, and...why even put the arrow in it at this point? We aren't supposed to know there's another arrow right now.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

With how much they show I'm surprised they didn't put in a shot of Polnareff or Silver Chariot Requiem tbh.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm glad they decided to follow in noted best OP Bloody Stone's footsteps and just spoil the entire plot.

It's cool and good.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Darko posted:

I was thinking about the stupid spoilery nature of the opening, and...why even put the arrow in it at this point? We aren't supposed to know there's another arrow right now.
i really can't believe they couldn't even hide what spice girl looked like for four episodes when they did previously with koichi

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm definitely not a fan of the newest op mainly because it's one of the most generic ones in terms of animation. that said i find it dumb to rank them because everyone's personal tastes are different

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Carne is Pericolo's equally loyal son

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Reading Steel Ball Run again. What's your pick for potential ED songs on a future anime adaptation? I'm thinking "America - Horse With No Name" and "Cake - The Distance"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
my answer to this question has never changed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM7-PYtXtJM

this is some "To The Ball That Hit The Net"/Johnny carrying Gyro's casket onto the boat type ED

I love Johnny getting a Fleetwood Mac Stand where the other JoJo's get Hendrix, Prince, Floyd, just really sells him as this Tragic Joestar for me. he's a sad boy

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 31, 2019

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Oh, that's a good choice, but I'm partial the The Chain too.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Just because we're talking about EDs, someone suggested Heart - Barracuda as Stone Ocean's ED and now I'm gonna be disappointed when it's not that.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

I for one hope david pro continues to be completely unpredictable

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i'm not married to this choice, but for some reason this was always my first thought for part 6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zug8C4KcGfQ

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

With how much they show I'm surprised they didn't put in a shot of Polnareff or Silver Chariot Requiem tbh.

They low-key did, that's Polnareff's hand doing the "detect when KC skips time using dripping blood" trick.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Toplowtech posted:

No the stand wrote the stuff (how is good question but it's not really that important), also it moved to the plane after the plane took off, moving super fast then went to the fridge and he started reforming itself forming corpse parts (the fingers). When bruno threw it outside, it flew back to the fastest moving object (the plane) again. It's constantly reforming itself and growing in size.

I'm pretty sure it attached to Giorno's hand when he went to confirm Carne was dead. Why it did all that other stuff is a mystery though.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Reading SBR for the first time. Did Chunky Valentine get replaced with another thinner version of himself using D4C, or did Araki's drawing style just change over the course of the story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yes