Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

YOU, SMALL BRAINED, STARVING, IN DUNGEON: there's no food anywhere! I'll die here in this debtors prison!

ME, ONE WITH THE GALAXY, PILE OF BONES: I voted Leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

india getting the UK's permanent UNSC seat probably wouldn't be good for the india/pakistan situation

I've thought before that some president looking for a Nobel could offer to sponsor India to be added as a permanent member of the Security Council as a strong incentive to get Kashmir settled permanently. Dunno what you'd offer Pakistan, but I hear their military establishment likes giant stacks of money.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Im just a silly american but do tories have like a 45% baseline parliamentary representation even if they poo poo in their own mouths and mush the poop in between their teeth and really coat the tongue with it

kind of like republicans in the US?

also why did a bunch of labor (yeah its spelled that way u loving savages) vote against the 2nd referendum that seems weird

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Scionix posted:

Im just a silly american but do tories have like a 45% baseline parliamentary representation even if they poo poo in their own mouths and mush the poop in between their teeth and really coat the tongue with it

kind of like republicans in the US?

also why did a bunch of labor (yeah its spelled that way u loving savages) vote against the 2nd referendum that seems weird

In polling yeah basically. Any poll showing them falling below 40 is basically communism

It remains to be seen what their vote floor is but their polling floor is very high

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Guys, I'm beginning to suspect this whole Brexit thing hasn't been very well planned right from the start.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Stoatbringer posted:

Guys, I'm beginning to suspect this whole Brexit thing hasn't been very well planned right from the start.

give them some slack it all came on very suddenly, it's not like they've had years to work on this

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Squizzle posted:

THEN YOU ADD KURT ANGLE TO THE MIX,

AND YOUR CHANCES OF BREXIT DRASTIC GO DOWN

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Man, the later levels of Baba is You do get really tough.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
UKs entire economy will be propped up by Games Workshop models.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Glenn Quebec posted:

UKs entire economy will be propped up by Games Workshop models.

Sorry guys, Medical Supplies is still in early access so we're working out a lot of bugs, but be sure to preorder the Insulin DLC

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Teresa May resign u godawful mould goblin

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1111688875704020994

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Victory Position posted:

YOU, SMALL BRAINED, STARVING, IN DUNGEON: there's no food anywhere! I'll die here in this debtors prison!

ME, ONE WITH THE GALAXY, PILE OF BONES: I voted Leave.

galaxy boned'

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Feral Integral posted:

galaxy boned'

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I do find it amusing that they find famine with borders to be more free than prosperity without borders

Like, you would think at some point you realize perpetual poverty is a greater limitation of freedom than a contractual agreement with other European powers on a unified economy

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I do find it amusing that they find famine with borders to be more free than prosperity without borders

Like, you would think at some point you realize perpetual poverty is a greater limitation of freedom than a contractual agreement with other European powers on a unified economy

Everything is funny in 2019, my friend.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Bryter posted:

It's not entirely clear that that's the case constitutionally post-FTPA, and opinion generally leans towards the idea that a failed Queen's speech wouldn't automatically cause a government to collapse any more, but it would put intense pressure on the PM to resign which she uh doesn't seem too responsive to so far

Oh right, I forgot about the FTPA. I sometimes assume that the UK has the same setup we have here in Canada. That law seems pretty dumb and being able to attach no-confidence amendment to these votes on May's deal would have helped a lot with the deadlock (for beter or worse I guess)

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

The current brexit situation is confusing to all but the most experiences brexiteers, but I will explain it in simple terms.

Let me use this example: Imagine four deals on the edge of the cliffs of dover. Say may sends a direct copy of the deal nearest the cliff to the back of the line of deals, which takes the place of the first deal. The formerly first deal becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth one fails.

Brexit works the same way.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
jacob reese mogg standing over may's dead body, smoking a cigarette

boris johnson skips up: "wow jake good stuff, got her good aye?"

jacbo: "please, boris. she had a family." *puffs the word brexit in smoke from the cigarette*

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The British public haven't been offered prosperity in a decade or more.

How prosperous are UK goons feeling right now in the EU I wonder?
My prospects are like... hope my grandparents have enough money left over after spending it all on carers so when they die they leave me some money towards a deposit on a little flat in the middle of nowhere.

It was basically a choice between life being poo poo or life being more poo poo BUT you get to put one in the eye of the fuckers for daring to ask you to back them up
I voted remain btw but I wasn't doing it because of the wonderful bounty coming my way from being joined at the hip to the German version of the IMF

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I have seen Brexit in my dreams and it is beautiful. oh my dear poster, it is beautiful. it has no skin and it feels everything, it is the purest of form of decay

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
i don't know a lot about politics over there but i've been watching a bunch of videos and i wanna be the guy who yells, "ORDAH...ORDAAAAH!"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kolby posted:

i don't know a lot about politics over there but i've been watching a bunch of videos and i wanna be the guy who yells, "ORDAH...ORDAAAAH!"

that's bercow, he's the in-house comedian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNey_iUrl8

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

that's bercow, he's the in-house comedian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNey_iUrl8

that guy owns and a bunch of related videos came up that i will keep myself busy with for next 5 hours

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Hentai Jihadist posted:

The British public haven't been offered prosperity in a decade or more.

The British have oppressed, murdered and ransacked the world for centuries beforehand though. Karma finally catching up to them is a good thing.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Randler posted:

The British have oppressed, murdered and ransacked the world for centuries beforehand though. Karma finally catching up to them is a good thing.

Yeah, much like American prosperity, the lack of economic opportunities in the UK is not because of an exploitation by "globalists" but instead because they ran out of people to steal from.

Brexit wasn;t about freedom from control by the EU, it was about the fantasy that the UK could go back to bullying everyone else to plunder the earth

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

euphronius posted:

so uh what is Parliaments plan for global warming considering most of England will be underwater in 20 years or so.

Several years of trying and failing to brexit from the sea

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Johnny Bercow sat down on the speakers chair with a not quite unhearble hum and checked his chronometer. “drat.” he hissed threw his clinched teeth which were surrounded by the stubble of five days where in he had not shaven himself at all. It was almost chromodawn at the house of commons. Alreddy the sun was sitting Westminster castle ah blaze like so much molten meddle or a coin, gyreating in the air, tossed there by the uncaring hand of an imaginary god that doesn’t exist, borne from the interior minds of the hobbled masses. The sky was the color of a television tuned to a dead channel that was orange. drat, he, Johnny, thought. We thought we were opening a new beginning with our mad dreams of a free britain but ironically the only time now is the time of which we’re out of. It’s almost humorous.

He lit a lamberd and butler brand swaggerette and took a dip drag, sinking farther into his inferior horologue. He thought of nina and her mellifluous buttocks that he used to love to bang. Even now his nano enhanced hearing could almost hear her vagina lips quivering with moisture and also pleasure, like a slice of synth-spam being tongued by one of May's slamhounds. When he got back to London proper, he was going to do some sex, no doubt about that. “That’s right doll” he said to nobody and the wind. They were going to do it hard. He smiled, blowing smoke from his nostrils. They were going to do it brexit hard.

"OOOOOORRRDERRRR"

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
brexit is the most elaborate game of Calvinball I've ever seen

:golfclap:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

penistone cuk tiger

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9uj2GY1MHQ

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Brexit is now causing new genres of autism

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Randler posted:

The British have oppressed, murdered and ransacked the world for centuries beforehand though.

while this is of course true, none of the people worst affected by the neoliberal hellworld we live in were in any way responsible for that

like I get what you're saying and if britain was a single person doing all of that stuff that person would have it coming big time but I have a hard time looking at someone like a single parent of a child with a disability going into personal bankruptcy and going "yeah, gently caress you that's what you get rear end in a top hat" over this

e: sorry for being that guy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/michaeljswalker/status/1111692305373843456

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/XEECEEVEVO/status/1111685622781997057

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/JackTindale/status/1105234242836008960

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Squizzle posted:

paizo gonna make their own parliament
Pathtoanorderlybrexitfinder

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Raskolnikov38 posted:

AND YOUR CHANCES OF BREXIT DRASTIC GO DOWN
THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU ON APRIL 12!

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
there should be a second referendum but instead of options like leave or remain it should just be a blank piece of a4 paper with a question at the top: what does brexit mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/daniellejade198/status/1111686327202910208