Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Grudgerm
May 4, 2012

by Reene
Krusty discusses collective bargaining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
Hi goons please buy my illegally made Simpsons merchandise https://etsy.me/2IsCZl8

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Embiggen

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I'm going to make you my specialty, butterscotch chicken

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Mustached5thGrader posted:

Hi goons please buy my illegally made Simpsons merchandise https://etsy.me/2IsCZl8

Is this candy?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I got put on probation for linkin the one where homer and Ned went to Vegas.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

snoo posted:

I'm going to make you my specialty, butterscotch chicken

This line makes me mad because Bart is allergic to butterscotch AND imitation butterscotch

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
when Moby guest starred and he tried to get Springfield to go vegan and they did for a few weeks before realizing they hated it and Lisa and him gave that impassioned speech was very bad

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

Mantis42 posted:

Is this candy?

If that’ll make you buy it, yes. It is candy

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
Like a decade ago when I met my future brother-in-law, we were able to bond a little over Simpsons quotes, but eventually he told me he prefers later seasons, he called it the "silver age" and he meant past like season 10. I should have warned my sister not to marry him right then. Especially since later I found out he liked to leave Futurama episodes on a constant repeat in the background while he was doing stuff at home, so much and so often that my sister basically can't stand to ever hear those voices again.

The Simpsons thing that gets quoted probably the most at my house is Mr. Burns' "iced cream," except you can use it for any food, like "gingered ale" or "swissed cheese," or also for places you might go such as "walled greens"

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
ketchup/catsup

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

homeless guy posted:

that song is being removed from all future printings of the CD because it mentions Michael Jackson

that song was written by Michael jackson.

also i would like someone to name one good simpsons catchphrase from season 14 onward

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
The Simpsons will always be funny to me.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Walled greens" is now in my vocabulary thank you

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Homer first said "D'oh!" in season 15, surprisingly enough. Does that count?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

DorkusMalorkus posted:

The Simpsons thing that gets quoted probably the most at my house is Mr. Burns' "iced cream," except you can use it for any food, like "gingered ale" or "swissed cheese," or also for places you might go such as "walled greens"

I do all of those things. So this is what it feels like when doves cry.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

I do all of those things. So this is what it feels like when doves cry.

:wink:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Its made from Hooves you know! :eng101:

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Junk posted:

that song was written by Michael jackson.

That's the rumor but Al Jean said it's not true

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Al Jean also said simpsons is still good so what the gently caress does he know

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

homeless guy posted:

That's the rumor but Al Jean said it's not true

Billy Jean is not his girl

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

DorkusMalorkus posted:

he liked to leave Futurama episodes on a constant repeat in the background while he was doing stuff at home, so much and so often that my sister basically can't stand to ever hear those voices again.
there’s a whole subreddit for fans of listening to episodes of Futurama while falling asleep. I don’t really get the impulse.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

So this is what it feels like when doves cry.

lol I use this one too

even people who don't get the Simpsons aspect consider it a Prince reference so it has broad appeal

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

emgeejay posted:

there’s a whole subreddit for fans of listening to episodes of Futurama while falling asleep. I don’t really get the impulse.

anything to crowd out the awful poo poo going on in my head. i also fall asleep to mst3k and rifftrax

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Like a decade ago when I met my future brother-in-law, we were able to bond a little over Simpsons quotes, but eventually he told me he prefers later seasons, he called it the "silver age" and he meant past like season 10. I should have warned my sister not to marry him right then. Especially since later I found out he liked to leave Futurama episodes on a constant repeat in the background while he was doing stuff at home, so much and so often that my sister basically can't stand to ever hear those voices again.

I thought there was going to be more to this story, like he turned out to be a serial adulterer or wife beater

e: though yeah that's bad enough

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
My brain literally cannot resist using "WHERE'S MY BURRITO? WHERE'S MY BURRITO?" Whenever I have to display the smallest amount of patience to get something. My fiancee thinks I'm a lunatic.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Filthy Haiku posted:

My brain literally cannot resist using "WHERE'S MY BURRITO? WHERE'S MY BURRITO?" Whenever I have to display the smallest amount of patience to get something. My fiancee thinks I'm a lunatic.

Oh great now I'm going to start using that one again too.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

emgeejay posted:

:same:

I think literally anything would be better. Putting these on now to drown out the Simpsons quotes that live in my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWUlLHv7-64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DydIK14AvXI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaOXsWEvhxY

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I think some of you people sound insane but I can't act too superior since I can never resist saying "it's a perfectly cromulent word" whenever the opportunity comes up.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The gently caress is wrong with watching reruns of Futurama?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
It's not something to sleep soundly by, imo

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Junk posted:

also i would like someone to name one good simpsons catchphrase from season 14 onward
"Spider poison is people poison!?"

:colbert:

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

DorkusMalorkus posted:

“Pretzeled bread”

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

It's not something to sleep soundly by, imo

Used to know a guy (still do) who watched either star wars or Indiana jones every night to fall asleep.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bust Rodd posted:

The gently caress is wrong with watching reruns of Futurama?

Im gonna make my own futurama! With blackjack and hookers

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I dunno I’ve probably watched complete runs of Futurama, Bob’s Burgers, Family Guy, King of the Hill, American Dad & The Cleveland Show probably 5 times a piece by just leaving it on as white noise which occasionally grabs my attention long enough to make me laugh. I’ve fallen asleep and woken up to these shows for years.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Leaving adult swim on while Family Guy was airing always put me out in an instant. I personally turned their t.v. branch into the McFarlane network with my ratings. And I will never live it down. I just needed something to stop the insomnia. :negative:

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

Applewhite posted:

The only Amram this show deserves is an AMRAM missile to put it out of its misery.

So she was 13 when Ghostbusters reimagining came out? It's just an episode based around that...

Please ELI5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

Used to know a guy (still do) who watched either star wars or Indiana jones every night to fall asleep.

You know George Lucas?