Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
so in this chaos, are you going to prosecute the accomplices responsible when the dust settles, if ever?~

i mean this is criminal negligence considering the economic impact it will have on the average british person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

so in this chaos, are you going to prosecute the accomplices responsible when the dust settles, if ever?~

i mean this is criminal negligence considering the economic impact it will have on the average british person

I suspect that the economic coroner is going to rule this as a suicide.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

I saw this at work but couldn't click for audio, really wondering what it was. Had to wait until I got home.

Not sure I've ever slammed a button so fast to turn something off in my life.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

4th time's the charm, lads

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Having two referendums on the same thing is undemocratic, having a dozen votes on the same bill until it passes, is not.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
hello I’m a registered CUK

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
CUK me

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
i dont know what any of this means. some say it means brexit but others arent so sure

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Anime guy looking at second referendum butterfly: "is this undemocratic?"

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
B B B B B B B
R R R R R R R
E E E E E E E
X X X X X X X
I I I I I I I
T T T T T T T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5FyfQDO5g0

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also why is the thread title not BREXIT: The CUK Party

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Prediction: May's deal will pass just before midnight on april 11 on the sixth attempt, securing her legacy as one of the UK's bravest and greatest leaders ever. What an incredible woman.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

A Big Fuckin Hornet posted:

i dont know what any of this means. some say it means brexit but others arent so sure

there is no brexit, brexit merely exists

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
May is gonna keep getting more and more no votes until finally, on the 12th attempt, she gets 0 votes. Then she can vote against her own bill and roll the counter over so her deal passes unanimously

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/status/1111767579792683008

the technical name for this is "to get cuked'

poty has issued a correction as of 08:25 on Mar 30, 2019

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

CUK

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tag yourself, I'm Dr. Evil

Jeb! would absolutely join the CUK party

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

WampaLord posted:

Tag yourself, I'm Dr. Evil
I'm Megamind, third from left, middle row.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Brexit: Theresa May ponders fourth bid to pass deal

quote:

However, a No 10 source indicated the prime minister would continue to seek support in the Commons.

They insisted efforts were "going in the right direction", given the margin of defeat was down from 149 a fortnight ago.

ahahahahahahaha

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Lol the press made a massive deal about mass deselection under Corbyn that just hasn't happened but they barely talk about the Tories doing it. The Tories are going to be completely insane because they're getting rid of all of their more centrist politicians

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Ahaha this is glorious thank you. I was briefly tempted to report this post and have you probate yourself :D

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

"But I didn't do an imperialism!" :qq:

tell it to the JDPON bud :clint:

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

lol

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
In The New York Times Opinion Section, Andrew Roberts writes: "What a different — and undoubtedly better — world we missed because Winston Churchill was not heeded a century ago this year. "

:allbuttons:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1111920592515747840

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
https://twitter.com/Garymounfield1/status/1111750568580730881

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

He just gets a self-satisfied expression about resigning when he did I’m p fuckin sure.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Jacob Rees Wohl

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this isn't fair at all

also lmfao

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Regarde Aduck posted:

Karma catching up to who?

You. You specifically poster Regarde Aduck. Time to recognize that the British are history's greatest monsters.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/laurielaptop/status/1111759577425555457

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedUKPol/status/1111684650794172418?s=19

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
it's hard to see where may's going to find enough tory support to trigger an early election

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

no don't do it

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Attorney at Funk posted:

it's hard to see where may's going to find enough tory support to trigger an early election

the most fitting outcome to this whole thing would be May’s deal fails again but she can't trigger new elections when she calls for them because the rest of the Tories, the DUP, and the CUKs vote it down

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

this is a cool version of England

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

On what short a notice could a general election feasibly be held? Like, even if May would be able to table MV4 as early as on Monday, after her inevitable failure this would leave her with a whopping eleven days for a GE to be prepared, candidates to be fielded, the vote to be conducted and the result to be determined before Brexit strikes, and that is even before the newly elected parliament meets for the first time, let aside the new government to start work.

Maybe I underestimate the British ability to prepare national elections on a minute's notice, but the above sounds like a long-winded synonym for "literally impossible" to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Zoran posted:

the most fitting outcome to this whole thing would be May’s deal fails again but she can't trigger new elections when she calls for them because the rest of the Tories, the DUP, and the CUKs vote it down

She submits a vote of no confidence against herself and it fails.