Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Prolonging your suffering until you get to suffer through using the twin vipers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I feel like such an old man playing this game. I remember when Excal's 3 was a super jump, and that was because we still had movement 1.0 so you couldn't spin jump and....

*nursing home door gently closes as I continue to ramble*

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

SardonicTyrant posted:

I feel like such an old man playing this game. I remember when Excal's 3 was a super jump, and that was because we still had movement 1.0 so you couldn't spin jump and....

Big same

My most played frame is Trinity, not prime, and I'm still feeling weird about how the energy economy changed since spoilers

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
I'm not too old but I always knew that Loki was originally a starter frame and the simulation room was more bright white. That and the beginner missions and the ui was super different. it take me a while until i learned this was one their latest ui overhauls. older versions of the game was way different.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I kind of miss back in the day when all the Grineer lines in the game were in a made-up language, it made everything feel slightly more alien and hostile and mysterious

Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

SardonicTyrant posted:

I finally finished building my Nezha last night and was annoyed when I realized they gave him Ember's old Overheat. She used to be my favorite, back in the day. Also somewhat surprised to realize I still have council access after not playing for half a decade.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
im basically a baby compared to you guys and im amazed how you guys made it here, the game sounds so bad back then lol

I was so annoyed by the start chart 6 months ago I nearly quit

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
yeah every time I hear about the state of the game years ago I think "I never, ever would have played this"

perhaps it is like that for everyone no matter when they started and if they started at the very beginning it's sunk cost fallacy

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Yeesh, Starchart 2.0 was an eyesore. It's amusing to me that after all this time, we've basically gone back to the original.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I 100% bounced off the game when it first got released on PS4. I downloaded the Switch version when it released and was like "Oh poo poo, this is awesome now."

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Even back during the tipedocopter days, the game's movement and weapon feel have been just so much more delightful than any competition that we put up with a lot

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I remember trying it on steam like 5 years ago and got thrown in a grineer mission and it was dark, I could barely control the excal, it was all I could do to keep up with the others, I’m not even sure I shot anything. I remember think “what the gently caress was that” and just uninstalled.

The new intro greatly improved it

Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

Remember when mods were actual objects that you had to slot into a flowchart and showed up as crystals imbedded in your arm? Those were the days.

*stares into the distance*

I also remember being roundly mocked by goons for having the $100 founder badge because "no one should put that kind of money into this poo poo game." (I deserved it.)

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Test-0 posted:

Can't wait for the next tier in exalted ultimate, turning into a car.

grant me the power to revolutionize the origin system

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Samuringa posted:

Someone tell me how stupid this would be:

Remove the Silver Rank Forma from Relics and put Orokin Catalysts/Reactors in its place.

reactors and catalysts are a steal at 20 plat for how essential they are

forma are worth like ~12 plat if we're being generous (35p for 3-pack, but if they had an actual market entry they would probably cost less than that)

most non-Axi rares stabilize around 10-15 plat and uncommons are like maybe 5-7

basically: all of this is completely artificial so talking about what it's "really" worth is kind of silly, but this would be a pretty big economic swing in the player's favor

Rainuwastaken posted:

Yeesh, Starchart 2.0 was an eyesore. It's amusing to me that after all this time, we've basically gone back to the original.

i guess i must have played during the 3.0 era and now we're in 4.0, because literally none of these look familiar but when i first played it wasn't the current one either

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

I literally quit when they updated the star chart to this, and didn't come back until they updated it to something that wasn't this.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Sesquiculus posted:

I also remember being roundly mocked by goons for having the $100 founder badge because "no one should put that kind of money into this poo poo game." (I deserved it.)

honestly? thanks for doing that anyway!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

hamsystem posted:

I 100% bounced off the game when it first got released on PS4. I downloaded the Switch version when it released and was like "Oh poo poo, this is awesome now."
It's really frustrating trying to explain to my brother how different it is - he tried it when he first got his PS4, and so he's not willing to try it again, no matter how much I say it's improved.

He'd rather stick to Destiny 2. :psyduck:

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It's really frustrating trying to explain to my brother how different it is - he tried it when he first got his PS4, and so he's not willing to try it again, no matter how much I say it's improved.

He'd rather stick to Destiny 2. :psyduck:

That's a bummer, especially since there's literally no investment except a little time to check it out.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?

sweet freaking lord this looks terrible...yet nostalgic.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Maybe Public Service Announcement
I just now realized you can click on the extractor while fully zoomed-out on the star chart and it'll let you claim any completed extractors in one click, instead of having to go into each system to claim them.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Maybe Public Service Announcement
I just now realized you can click on the extractor while fully zoomed-out on the star chart and it'll let you claim any completed extractors in one click, instead of having to go into each system to claim them.

Chernobyl Peace Prize 2 months from now:

what the gently caress is a extractor for

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah collect extractor turns into collect all extractors when you zoom out. now if only there was a "send all extractors to their previous planet" button...

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Awesome! posted:

yeah collect extractor turns into collect all extractors when you zoom out. now if only there was a "send all extractors to their previous planet" button...
This would rule. Or the app not running slow as poo poo.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Fruity20 posted:

Is it sad i love seeing these kamen rider references?

There are times whenever I was leveling my amp and my operator was dying and instead of letting him I just yell "Henshin!" and press 5.

My wife was sorely disappointed when her favorite frame, Nezha, got that augment that channels all the damage done from Firewalker into a final kick and was expecting it to be an epic Rider Kick. Instead it was a quick low tap. She would still use it to one shot Juggernaut.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I’ll probably never get Equinox after getting the Ivara Neuroptics and BP on my first 2 Tier 3 spy missions.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
was running defection with pubs a bit today and i got the last harrow part before my first ash systems, who's now my last missing non-prime frame. Those 5% systems are more illusive than ivara, equi and nidus combined.

Good thing luck isn't real, rng just gonna rng.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

KDdidit posted:

I’ll probably never get Equinox after getting the Ivara Neuroptics and BP on my first 2 Tier 3 spy missions.

It's merely "69 ± 18" time for 'Nearly Guaranteed'.

Are you a coward?
did you forget to equip Primed Luck?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

~Tulips Relic FIRESALE~

I have too many goddamn relics. 1847 too many. I want them to go to good goon homes to get cracked open for delicious Orokin treasure.

There's 141 different relics represented, most of them pretty vaulted, and I've already established prices that I think are low. I want to move them in bulk, ideally either 10 relics or 100 platinum in a request, but hey. I just want to move them fast, they're not doing me any good right now.

Here's a google sheet of all of them that are ready to go

I'm going to be around for pretty much the whole weekend. If you want to negotiate something, I can take PMs here, Tulip#9860 on Discord, and Tulips in game (the 's' is not a typo, I wasn't the first Tulip on Warframe)

(this is PC, btw)

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

RoadCrewWorker posted:

was running defection with pubs a bit today and i got the last harrow part before my first ash systems, who's now my last missing non-prime frame. Those 5% systems are more illusive than ivara, equi and nidus combined.

Good thing luck isn't real, rng just gonna rng.

I got two full sets of Ash before I got the Harrow defection piece.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

CubeTheory posted:

Well, quantity wise so did i :v:

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010

CubeTheory posted:

I got Harrow defection like 4th try, but I still don't have his head. I can do Pago in my sleep now.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I got the Harrow optics on this Kuva Spy mission and I didn't even know that was how you find it. Might as well go for the Systems now.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
I was lucky enough to be around when SSNeoman was running raids all the time so I am absolutely drowning in Ash blueprints. Wish I could trade them to people for the ephemera :(

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Mimesweeper posted:

I was lucky enough to be around when SSNeoman was running raids all the time so I am absolutely drowning in Ash blueprints. Wish I could trade them to people for the ephemera :(

I had four smoking bodies drop in three days, poo poo is stupid.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Everything should be tradable, with the possible exception of one-time only account gifts like Umbral mods. And those should be indestructible and permanently bound to your account.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Just hit MR 16, got 4 hours to Nezha and Frost Prime, and 1 day to Frost, Excal, and Rhino (probably should have jumped on him earlier), and almost done with all the weapons I have.

A few questions:
Are any of these weapons considered hard keeps: Simulor, Knell, or Spectra?

Can you trade built prime weapons, and if you can is it better to trade them built, or should I just give people the parts + Blueprint if they want, for instance, Paris Prime?

What weapons/items should I be building from each lab? I don't know what I should be looking for from the Bio or Chem lab, all the stuff in those seem boring, and not as good as the stuff in the Tenno and energy lab.

Edit: I just hit Max rep for Solaris U, I was not prepared for that.

Anora fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Mar 30, 2019

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

The Knell is very good if you can keep up with its gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Anora posted:

Are any of these weapons considered hard keeps: Simulor, Knell, or Spectra?
Do you have fun with them? If the answer is yes, then you should keep them. Personally i like the Knell alot but its janky as hell.

quote:

Can you trade built prime weapons
no. you can only trade blueprints of prime weapons. People sell them as a set or individually.

quote:

What weapons/items should I be building from each lab?
Arca Plasmor, Amprex, Lenz, Battacor are good guns from the energy lab.

Havent done much in bio lab but heard Phage is good and Mutalist Quanta got a new mod from nightwave so it might be interesting.

Ignis, Jat Kittag, Nukor, Grattler, Ack & Brunt from chem lab.

Everything from the Tenno lab.