Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
everything genshiken stopped being good once it became solely about madarame's love life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It was unfortunate too, because Madarame isn't a bad character but that whole arc was too bloated and just dragged on forever, at the expense of most other characters getting any development. I honestly couldn't tell you anything about the new nidaime character with the thicker rimmed glasses, who I'm also now not sure I haven't just made up.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Imagine my surprise when I'm looking through chapter releases and find that after 4 years someone has not only picked up Kouya ni Kemomo Doukokusu But they have released an entire volume in the last three weeks. That literally doubles the number of chapters the series had translated. I've only ever seen some old raws of the series so getting higher resolution scans and an actual translation are great.

The premise is a man by the name of Shuhei Mikado wakes up in a research lab with no memories, and the immediate issue of someone trying to break him out, and a large dog-like monster coming to eat his brains. The reason is because he's the 12th and last in an experimental line of super soldiers injected with a virus that alters the brain and after 1 month mutates the body. Mikado having the perfected D-2 strain while the other eleven have the D-1 and bears the codename Kumbhira, one of Buddha's 12 generals. The story is drenched in Buddhist and South American mythology and is a blend of Science Fiction and Shamanism. And it's got a dream team of Itou Sei doing the art, and and this is him at his best. With veteran sci-fi writer Yumemakura Baku at the helm writing this story.

Some pictures from Volume 2 which introduces another test subject codename: Kimnara. The rooster general.

This is going to be a good one. :woop:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Hey didn't see this posted in here.

Mao Mao doing pharmacist things has returned!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/564481/1

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Mao mao is epic.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
There wasn’t a single pharmaceutical product you liar!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
different aisle of the drugstore, is all

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Brought To You By posted:

Imagine my surprise when I'm looking through chapter releases and find that after 4 years someone has not only picked up Kouya ni Kemomo Doukokusu

This series owns, thanks for linking it. The art is extremely good, and I'm really curious to see the character designs of the other animal soldier people.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New Shuumatsu no Valkyrie continues to be great
Adam just worked over Zeus thanks to magic eyes and hasn't lost his perpetual chill. Can this lone nudist give Humanity it's first 'W'?

Ytlaya posted:

This series owns, thanks for linking it. The art is extremely good, and I'm really curious to see the character designs of the other animal soldier people.

Itou Sei's an artist I discovered a couple years back and his art is really amazing. I think the Doukosu soldier designs to come are overall pretty good. There's one standout character for they but he won't show up for a while.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New Doukokusu

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

I've been wondering this for a while, but... is it me, or is Shibito no Koe wo Kiku ga Yoi just absolutely loving flawless?

I'm struggling to think of another manga that knocks it out of the park as consistently.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I kept skipping over nachun/nagun because of the cover art but drat the sci-fi premise of it is super cool and refreshing to me. It's super weird at times, though. Has anyone else read it?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

I've been wondering this for a while, but... is it me, or is Shibito no Koe wo Kiku ga Yoi just absolutely loving flawless?

I'm struggling to think of another manga that knocks it out of the park as consistently.
It's real good at what it does.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
It's real real good. Everyone should always read You Will Hear the Voice of the Dead.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

nerdz posted:

I kept skipping over nachun/nagun because of the cover art but drat the sci-fi premise of it is super cool and refreshing to me. It's super weird at times, though. Has anyone else read it?

First chapter was interesting. Building an AI based on dolphin behavior is a good plot hook, MC is a scummy though. Will definitely keep going with it.

There's also another chapter of Shuumatsu no Valkyrie for anyone actually reading it. Adam turned out to be the best father any of us could have asked for.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

STALKER Japan Urasekai Picnic updated.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Brought To You By posted:

There's also another chapter of Shuumatsu no Valkyrie for anyone actually reading it. Adam turned out to be the best father any of us could have asked for.
Also, we learn why snakes have no arms or legs!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

nerdz posted:

i read a few chapters, but i hated the protagonist enough to drop it.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Don't worry the protagonist gets thoroughly wrecked, gets called out on his absurd aspirations welling from the denial of his own mediocrity, and even gets sold into slavery for a year or so

There's some other yikes moments in there for sure tho

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that still doesn't sound very good.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
New Blue Period

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Sindai posted:

Also, we learn why snakes have no arms or legs!

Suprisingly true to mythology - The biblical serpent was stripped of it's limbs for it's role in the temptation.

Likewise, Adam killing Zeus would be appropriate to Greek myth, which is full of children turning on their oppressive parents.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

67% Inertia Chapter 50

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I remember dropping Fire Punch because of the annoying monkey cheese self insert character, and now that I saw it was done I decided to finish it, a decision I throughly regret. Jesus, what a train wreck. Just terrible all around

The author's new work seems to be just as weird but a bit more shounen-ish.

And yeah, about Nachun, it's a manga about terrible people doing terrible things. The sci-fi premise is interesting with a few cool plot twists that felt fresh to me but it is a manga about unethical misuse of science and the terribleness of humanity. It can be very off putting. The main character is trash and the people that pop up later are even worse.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 1, 2019

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
"oh 5 new chapters? except no 46 or 48 ...

Relin fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 1, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm a couple chapters into Golden Kamuy and I like it. Am I going to be disappointed later on?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

No

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm a couple chapters into Golden Kamuy and I like it. Am I going to be disappointed later on?

It's amazing.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Golden Kamuy is loving great.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Holy poo poo a bear just clawed a guy's face off and it's just hanging there.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

Holy poo poo a bear just clawed a guy's face off and it's just hanging there.

This isn't even the most hosed up bear related thing that will happen in the series.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

A new chapter of Shuumatsu no Valkyrie

Finally, we learn what peak performance looks like.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Hypocrisy posted:

A new chapter of Shuumatsu no Valkyrie

Finally, we learn what peak performance looks like.

Hoping this one at least leads into a double-KO, but looks like the fights are kind of already getting into a pattern of "human looks to have an edge, God uses 'that move' that other gods have not seen in eons"

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

If we're talking historical manga, Red: Living on the Edge is a cool series that's being scanlated pretty quickly ATM. I love reading stories about minorities ganging together to gently caress up the white man :allears:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Zerilan posted:

Hoping this one at least leads into a double-KO, but looks like the fights are kind of already getting into a pattern of "human looks to have an edge, God uses 'that move' that other gods have not seen in eons"

It never really felt like Lu Bu had an edge on Thor though. But the author does need to be careful that it doesn't becoming an "this isn't even my final final final form'" contest.
It was still pretty entertaining though. :)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Humans could lose every fight that would be funny

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Zerilan posted:

At least Lu Bu got to bring out a new move for that last charge. Thor just did his same move over again.

Jose posted:

Humans could lose every fight that would be funny

We can at least beat Beelzebub!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Holy poo poo they stole a blimp.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Do we know yet if this is going to be the sort of tournament where there's a single winner, or are they just comparing number of wins and losses?

I hope Adam doesn't lose, even though the pattern seems to be heading in that direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ytlaya posted:

Do we know yet if this is going to be the sort of tournament where there's a single winner, or are they just comparing number of wins and losses?

I hope Adam doesn't lose, even though the pattern seems to be heading in that direction.

I think it's the latter.