Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
I've always wished that 90's cinema had produced an honest-to-god Lethal Weapon vs Predator movie. I know Glover is in Pred 2, and that movie is great, but it's not the same.

What if Riggs was running through traffic chasing a city bus with the Predator on it but the Predator gets the upper hand on Riggs, who pops his shoulder out of it's socket to save himself somehow.

Or if Murtaugh's daughter goes missing and the pair is in the basement of Roger's still under-renovation house looking at photo albums and Riggs is choking back insane rage as he says something like "Rog, I swear on my life that we will get her back!"

And the police captain doesn't believe in aliens and he's sick of their poo poo the whole time and there's smooth saxophone riffs cutting through the movie. And also Gary Busey.

Of course they almost catch the Predator once in a dark alley and it gets away, but leaves behind Joe Pesci's spine.

At the end Murtaugh rolls his neck and shoots the Predator between the eyes with his magnum and says "Your hunting license has just been revoked!"

This all-time blockbuster writes itself, how in the gently caress didn't this not get made twenty five years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

wow president weaver

https://twitter.com/AlienAnthology/status/1111251596950810626

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Xenomrph posted:

I posted this offer in the Alien thread in CineD, and I figure I’ll extend it here.

‘Aliens: Labyrinth’ is the best Aliens comic and deserves to be a movie, and more people should read it. There’s a seller on eBay selling bulk lots of the trade paperback for stupid cheap, and I’m up for buying the lots and distributing them to interested goons for basically the price of shipping + whatever tip you feel is appropriate (I will not be offended if the tip is $0). It looks like I can get 9 copies from one lot, and another 10 more if there’s interest.

I just don’t want to buy a bunch of copies if only 2 people are interested. :v:

Post in the thread and/or shoot me a PM if you’re interested.

Just a reminder on this so I can do a final head count and know if I need to buy both bulk lots or not. If you’re interested and haven’t spoken up yet, please do so now. :)

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Copper Vein posted:

I've always wished that 90's cinema had produced an honest-to-god Lethal Weapon vs Predator movie. I know Glover is in Pred 2, and that movie is great, but it's not the same.

What if Riggs was running through traffic chasing a city bus with the Predator on it but the Predator gets the upper hand on Riggs, who pops his shoulder out of it's socket to save himself somehow.

Or if Murtaugh's daughter goes missing and the pair is in the basement of Roger's still under-renovation house looking at photo albums and Riggs is choking back insane rage as he says something like "Rog, I swear on my life that we will get her back!"

And the police captain doesn't believe in aliens and he's sick of their poo poo the whole time and there's smooth saxophone riffs cutting through the movie. And also Gary Busey.

Of course they almost catch the Predator once in a dark alley and it gets away, but leaves behind Joe Pesci's spine.

At the end Murtaugh rolls his neck and shoots the Predator between the eyes with his magnum and says "Your hunting license has just been revoked!"

This all-time blockbuster writes itself, how in the gently caress didn't this not get made twenty five years ago?

The Predator imitating Riggs doing Curly impressions, Chris Rock doing a 5 minute standup routine in the middle of the film for no apparent reason, its all there.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Man, Sigourney Weaver rules even more than I thought.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

drat, she's looking pretty good.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

:allears:

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010
I like that they put a small video effect on it right at the end.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Weaver and Jamie Lee Curtis are just about the coolest people in Hollywood I reckon. I love those two

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Oh yeah I guess this thing came out now, on IGN of all places: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu_4PgSXbDY

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

So this thread got me to watch Aliens again, and I forgot about how Bishop has to crawl through the little pipe to set up the transmitter. The thought of that scares me more than anything else in the movie.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

TheMostFrench posted:

So this thread got me to watch Aliens again, and I forgot about how Bishop has to crawl through the little pipe to set up the transmitter. The thought of that scares me more than anything else in the movie.

It's a great camera angle of him inside it, but I have always wondered why he just didn't leg it.
"It'll take me 40 minutes or whatever to get their if I crawl the 180 metres, or about a minute if I Usain Bolt it"

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

happyhippy posted:

It's a great camera angle of him inside it, but I have always wondered why he just didn't leg it.
"It'll take me 40 minutes or whatever to get their if I crawl the 180 metres, or about a minute if I Usain Bolt it"
Well there was all those aliens

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Splicer posted:

Well there was all those aliens

Yeah, but then he spends an hour in the open world programming the remote control.
Plenty of time for alien head bitey time.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
to an alien he might look and smell more like an inanimate object or just the landscape than something to hunt. but if he made a bunch of noise that would be different

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Xenomrph posted:

Just a reminder on this so I can do a final head count and know if I need to buy both bulk lots or not. If you’re interested and haven’t spoken up yet, please do so now. :)

I just caught up with the topic, am I tok late or can I still snag one?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

gary oldmans diary posted:

to an alien he might look and smell more like an inanimate object or just the landscape than something to hunt. but if he made a bunch of noise that would be different

yeah it's this

they don't have eyes, remember

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

VikingSkull posted:

yeah it's this

The novelisation has an alien attempt to attack him while he’s in the pipe, because he’s making a lot of noise, but it doesn’t press the attack when it realises he’s not human. Caveat: I haven’t read it since 1986, apologies if I’m misremembering.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

yeah it's this

But they do have dense binary neural fans made of fullerite. Wait... fullerite can be synthesized

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

gary oldmans diary posted:

being a android he has no face rape appeal for them.

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead

ChickenHeart posted:

Oh yeah I guess this thing came out now, on IGN of all places: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu_4PgSXbDY
This is a boring collection of painfully familiar tropes. Now I'm worried all the shorts will be like that, since apparently corporate film makers are incapable of original ideas. I wonder if everyone at 20th century fox is either too prideful or stupid to just adapt one of the better Dark Horse Comics Aliens stories.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Man, Sigourney Weaver rules even more than I thought.

Holy poo poo, she's 69 years old and looks about 50.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
For the Bishop argument, human or not I think the queen recognized him just fine as a threat and eliminated that threat.

Aliens would kill Bishop if they found him.

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Kellner, da ist ein scheussliches Biest in meiner Suppe.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

For the Bishop argument, human or not I think the queen recognized him just fine as a threat and eliminated that threat.

Aliens would kill Bishop if they found him.

They also had to do it for the chess gag; “queen takes bishop”.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Adhemar posted:

:aaaaa:

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Adhemar posted:

boothisman.gif

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

TheMostFrench posted:

Don't forget the brief moment where they hand him a pistol before he begins his crawl, and he looks at it and hands it back. I love that detail.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Floodixor posted:

Don't forget the brief moment where they hand him a pistol before he begins his crawl, and he looks at it and hands it back. I love that detail.

Yeah that's great.

"wtf am I supposed to do with this? Here."

It's great that the person hands him the gun, turns around, Bishop gives it to someone else and gets moving.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Floodixor posted:

lance henriksen has a god tier voice

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Adhemar posted:

lmao

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Adhemar posted:

I don't know whether to applaud or shove your face-first into a xenomorph egg.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Adhemar posted:

It certainly looks like the Bishop's Opening

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Kellner, da ist ein scheussliches Biest in meiner Suppe.

Tochiazuma posted:

It certainly looks like the Bishop's Opening

:vince:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
What did the alien in alien eat to grow from chestburster size to 9 feet tall?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Cornbread

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Shut up Meg posted:

Holy poo poo, she's 69 years old and looks about 50.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Hey, it could've been some of that raspberry poo poo, come on

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vim Fuego posted:

What did the alien in alien eat to grow from chestburster size to 9 feet tall?

Stuff.

Seriously, I think it was eating a wide variety of inorganic or processed materials from various parts of the ship, given that the Alien's unusual biology.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Young Freud posted:

Stuff.

Seriously, I think it was eating a wide variety of inorganic or processed materials from various parts of the ship, given that the Alien's unusual biology.

it defiantly ate some lungs and ribs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

it defiantly ate some lungs and ribs

Also, Brett's brain.

BTW, getting back to that high school play, I hadn't realized it before that kid playing Dallas has a fake beard glued on. It's not in the trailer they made, but it's in the play photos.