Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zhel
Aug 2, 2010

MustardFacial posted:

Replace Crofty with my boy Jenson. Replace Martin Brundle with a smiley face painted on a 2x4.

Plank from Ed, Edd and Eddy! I'm on board with this.

Leclerc is going to be magnificent this year. Looking forward to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

MustardFacial posted:

Replace Crofty with my boy Jenson. Replace Martin Brundle with a smiley face painted on a 2x4.

Yes please

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
CEO Camilieri
https://twitter.com/movistar_F1/status/1112069907225686019?s=09

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
It has come to my attention that Vettel's last WDC was 6 years ago.

How have you lasted this long with a fraud, Dr. Gonzo?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Diet Crack posted:

Jenson and a speaker playing cut clips of Murray Walker in the booth.

Though I think Jenson would bring out a better Brundle, rather than having to react to a driveling idiot all the time.

Brundle and Coulthard in the BBC glory days of 2011 worked well

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Big, flag waving, Ferrari and Charles “Leur Charles” Leclerc fan over here.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Grosjean is going to run into Danny Ric at the start tomorrow

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wirth1000 posted:

It has come to my attention that Vettel's last WDC was 6 years ago.

How have you lasted this long with a fraud, Dr. Gonzo?

1. I dont care about Vettel and the RBR years were a nightmare
2 The last WDC for Ferrari was 12 years ago.
3. alcoholism

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Big Huski Boi posted:

Martin Brundle sucks rear end and I would support Vettel winning another eight or nine titles if it meant Sky replaced him with Steve Matchett, or even if Sky replaced him with a 15 pound dumbell I had to rest on my balls during each race session.

Matchett and Varsha let's go.

Also don't talk about your kinks here, in the worst thread.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

1. I dont care about Vettel and the RBR years were a nightmare
2 The last WDC for Ferrari was 12 years ago.
3. alcoholism

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

congrats LeClerc, now don't gently caress it up Ferrari strategists

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Didn't even know MotoGP was happening. Where is it?

Argentina

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
Char’s Counterattack

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

You Am I posted:

congrats LeClerc, now don't gently caress it up Ferrari strategists

Hugely optimistic

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Everyone is so young, I dont think I can relate to all these billionaire school boys driving round in their flashy go karts any more. What happened to all the real men?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

LoboLoboLobo posted:

Char’s Counterattack

I somehow doubt anyone in this thread would get not just a Gundam reference but the original Gundam.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Charles Isnt a billionare i think?
#prayforJules

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Everyone is so young, I dont think I can relate to all these billionaire school boys driving round in their flashy go karts any more. What happened to all the real men?

He starts first tomorrow

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
True story: Senna came from a very wealth family.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Holy loving lol at the idea that somebody will get to f1, hell even loving indycar, on talent alone

Holy poo poo do you even know anything at all about modern racing im loving dying here lmfao.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Perhaps you should watch a more down to earth sport like ................................................. ???

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Darts.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

OhsH posted:

Holy loving lol at the idea that somebody will get to f1, hell even loving indycar, on talent alone

Holy poo poo do you even know anything at all about modern racing im loving dying here lmfao.

Lewis Hamilton. The GOAT himself.

Heh, wrecked. Just wrecked.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

leclerc might not be a billionaire but the lads a bloody Monegasque, they're not renowned for their paupery.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

NotJustANumber99 posted:

leclerc might not be a billionaire but the lads a bloody Monegasque, they're not renowned for their paupery.

The era of athletes just rising up from nowhere is long gone dude. Just watch 1980s races if that’s what you’re looking for.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I just want the drivers to not look like they need to call the loving supervisor to sell me a bottle of wine at the checkout.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I really can’t think of a large sport today where you could start after ten years old and still have a shot of making it the top level.

I went to a white as poo poo neighbourhood growing up and every second kid said they were going to end up in the NHL some day. Only one kid did and the dude was practically autistic and spent every moment he wasn’t in school playing hockey and his parents then moved to the states so he could attend an academy focused on developing young athletes in various fields, the rest gave up once they found out their older siblings would buy them beer and ciggies and started spending their weekends in the parks vomiting after drinking like an 8th of a 40.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidpoocati posted:

the rest gave up once they found out their older siblings would buy them beer and ciggies and started spending their weekends in the parks vomiting after drinking like an 8th of a 40.

This is a little too specific. Sorry about your crushed NHL dreams.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

This is a little too specific. Sorry about your crushed NHL dreams.

I’ve never liked Hockey friend.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidpoocati posted:

I’ve never liked Hockey friend.

The bitterness of rejection runs deep.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Alonso retired at the end of last season OP

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidpoocati posted:

I went to a white as poo poo neighbourhood growing up and every second kid said they were going to end up in the NHL some day. Only one kid did and the dude was practically autistic and spent every moment he wasn’t in school playing hockey and his parents then moved to the states so he could attend an academy focused on developing young athletes in various fields, the rest gave up once they found out their older siblings would buy them beer and ciggies and started spending their weekends in the parks vomiting after drinking like an 8th of a 40.

Here it's basketball but otherwise yeah exactly this

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Formula 1's version of Sean Bean in when saturday comes is what i want.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

1500quidpoocati posted:

I really can’t think of a large sport today where you could start after ten years old and still have a shot of making it the top level.

Joel Embiid first picked up a basketball at 16 or so and is a Top X player

It can happen, but its rare

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Joel Embiid first picked up a basketball at 16 or so and is a Top X player

It can happen, but its rare

It does happen but like 95% of the time they were prepping for another professional sport and find out they like something else better and switch. I’d take a wild stab and say he probably was training for football or something and got a concussion so switched to this.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chiils

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Vettel realizing Ferrari doesn't need him anymore whatsoever.

Holy poo poo, Vettel is going to go to McLaren.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

He was en route to becoming a professional volleyball player in europe apparently. Where he could probably have made tens of euros but managed to get talent scouted over to an actual career in america. Also hes 7 foot tall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

Holy poo poo, Vettel is going to go to McLaren.

Shut the gently caress up khablam

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Mar 31, 2019