Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

this is THE WORST snipe. it's a poor hemingway in joke

Absurd Alhazred posted:

More like oldmanandthesealess

*extremely brett ashleyly* You know it makes one feel rather good deciding not to be a bitch twit[ter account]

yeah i had to look it up. all i remember is her saying 'rather' a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lowtax is not famed for his adaptability

Then why do we keep pooling money together for Lowtax accessories like the spine upgrade?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Grassy Knowles posted:

Then why do we keep pooling money together for Lowtax accessories like the spine upgrade?

It's all a long con so he can buy Twitter and ban Jack

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

i remember when he went into a diving thread to brag about all the cool and exotic dives his hot diving-instructor girlfriend (or as he kept phrasing it, "my girl") took him on, but as he kept talking about it the thread realized to their growing horror that he was loving up his dives so badly it's a wonder he hadn't asphyxiated yet. naturally he threw a tantrum and flounced back out once they started to ask more pointed questions

if his girlfriend really was a professional instructor then i like to believe she was trying to do him in and he was too thick to realize it

This, I would like to read

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Keru posted:

It's all a long con so he can buy Twitter and ban Jack

I legit wouldn't even be mad

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Grassy Knowles posted:

Why do you think it costs so much?

Spine: $30 (used)
Lowtax: $0 (found in an old dumpster out the back of the Buca di Beppo next to the Fuddrucker's)
Installation: $60,000

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Grassy Knowles posted:

Because as another goon put it

Carth Dookie posted:

you grossly underestimate how badly we don't want to be disbanded and forced onto Reddit.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Freudian posted:

I mean, he says he has problems telling if someone is hyperbolic and 100% serious. Is that what you think that means?

Notice that the next reply is "Have you considered posting in D&D" which confused him because he thought they were trying to be helpful, which is ominous in retrospect.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
Mermaid Shelly came up in a conversation. Anyone have a link to that thread? Search has thus far confirmed that I have the name right but failed to produce the thread itself.

Edit: found the front page article.

Ratatozsk has a new favorite as of 03:59 on Apr 7, 2019

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Not sure if this thread is the best place to ask, but does anyone know if there are copies of old Flash Tub stuff? Looking for the After The Battlefield flash about the BC2 Medic. Wayback Machine doesn't have it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Not sure if this thread is the best place to ask, but does anyone know if there are copies of old Flash Tub stuff? Looking for the After The Battlefield flash about the BC2 Medic. Wayback Machine doesn't have it.

You mean this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmxvLYT1zLk

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

I remember a thread in PI where someone wanted to buy pet rabbits (buns, you must call them buns), but also owned dogs and cats and people (perhaps correctly, I don't know) flipped out about having those animals in the same home.

edit:
Thinking about it, they're probably correct. I saw my buddy's mostly housebound Yorkshire terrier tear off and kill a baby bunny in their backyard once, and he said he didn't even think their dog had ever seen a rabbit before.

Up the 13th amendment, no slavery.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Yeah, this is disappointing. I know Shmorky went off the deep end and all that, but I absolutely loved the Flash Tub, and unfortunately most of the animations won't load.

Lowtax uploaded a handful to his channel, though its mostly stuff that he also worked on: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdzBCg8nf5ujyvmrqMH_K87jv0joNBUMZ

There used to be another SA YouTube channel that had a bunch of them uploaded, but it seems to have been deleted. Beyond that, a handful of Flash Tubs can be found uploaded by random YouTube accounts.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Is there a non-Encyclopedia Dramatica-type source for what happened to Schmorky beyond the contemporary thread? Because it feels as if a lot of people take that story as an opportunity to harass and dunk on someone(s) they dislike instead of laying out “some awful stuff happened to/poor life choices were made by the funny animator who did a lot of SA stuff in the site’s heyday.”

Edit :stonk: OH NOT OKAY

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL has a new favorite as of 23:00 on Apr 7, 2019

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Is there a non-Encyclopedia Dramatica-type source for what happened to Schmorky beyond the contemporary thread? Because it feels as if a lot of people take that story as an opportunity to harass and dunk on someone(s) they dislike instead of laying out “some awful stuff happened to/poor life choices were made by the funny animator who did a lot of SA stuff in the site’s heyday.”

The tl;dr of the actually bad stuff: Schmorky was into infantilization/scat play, and they liked to do sexual roleplay with someone they knew to be underage, with Schmorkey as the dom. This looked exactly like sexual grooming.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
okay wow I never knew about the underage person, I just heard about the baby poo stuff :stonk:

I'd always kind of lowkey felt bad for Shmorky because just having a gross fetish isn't... like... a horrible thing that someone would deserve to get hosed over for, but if he's a pedo then nah gently caress him

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

fool_of_sound posted:

The tl;dr of the actually bad stuff: Schmorky was into infantilization/scat play, and they liked to do sexual roleplay with someone they knew to be underage, with Schmorkey as the dom. This looked exactly like sexual grooming.

Wasn't there also a whole poo poo-cyclone around Shmorky's relationship with a mentally-ill Nazi chick? I recall Lowtax being splashed by that one, too.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Yeah he was in a deeply unhealthy codependent relationship before the klurfplay stuff came to light.
There was also some stuff about his voice being an affectation that turned out to be this weird projection of his diapsona/blamed on trauma.

There were a number of twists and turns in that boy's saga, and a lot of them amounted to "had it rough, used it as an excuse to be a total poo poo" iirc.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Wasn't there also a whole poo poo-cyclone around Shmorky's relationship with a mentally-ill Nazi chick? I recall Lowtax being splashed by that one, too.

She still pops up on his fb posts pretty regularly.

And she was one of the underaged ones when they started.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

RFC2324 posted:

She still pops up on his fb posts pretty regularly.

And she was one of the underaged ones when they started.

Great teeth though

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

The most absurd thing to come out of that whole saga was probably the audio of the argument between Shmorky doing his awful voice and the Nazi girlfriend having a psychotic episode and talking about the Jewish question. It's almost unbelievable how he just keeps doing the loving voice throughout while his girlfriend's ramblings become more and more insane and erratic.

Oh yeah and I think it was uploaded by the girlfriend too, well after the fact. I have no idea why she wanted to share that with anyone but being seriously mentally ill probably does that to you.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Her side hustle of doing Erotic Hypnosis (one of which to the music of Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Carnival Night Zone) still gets me when I see something brought up about them.

Chekans 3 16 has a new favorite as of 02:17 on Apr 8, 2019

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Ruflux posted:

The most absurd thing to come out of that whole saga was probably the audio of the argument between Shmorky doing his awful voice and the Nazi girlfriend having a psychotic episode and talking about the Jewish question. It's almost unbelievable how he just keeps doing the loving voice throughout while his girlfriend's ramblings become more and more insane and erratic.

Oh yeah and I think it was uploaded by the girlfriend too, well after the fact. I have no idea why she wanted to share that with anyone but being seriously mentally ill probably does that to you.

"Goon telephone" and all that but the recording was made by Shmorky, trying to garner sympathy about how Unsafe they were. Shmorky did their best to appear as though they were confusedly trying to de-escalate while deliberately doing the wrongest possible things to manage someone in a psychotic crisis. It was completely exploitative.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, the fiancee was a mess, but she was clearly deeply mentally ill and untreated, and Shmorky was obviously not helping at all/being a shithead about it to try and garner sympathy. I felt like her case was mostly just sad, although "erotic hypnotism" vids will never not be funny.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, the fiancee was a mess, but she was clearly deeply mentally ill and untreated, and Shmorky was obviously not helping at all/being a shithead about it to try and garner sympathy. I felt like her case was mostly just sad, although "erotic hypnotism" vids will never not be funny.

given that she was off her meds because he convinced her to stop taking them, I've never had any sympathy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

"Goon telephone" and all that but the recording was made by Shmorky, trying to garner sympathy about how Unsafe they were. Shmorky did their best to appear as though they were confusedly trying to de-escalate while deliberately doing the wrongest possible things to manage someone in a psychotic crisis. It was completely exploitative.
He really did have a lot of John K influence.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also, people knew Schmorky was kinky and weird well before the cybersex with a 14-year-old. There were comics he'd done. People made fun of it but really most people just don't care that much if other people are into weird sex poo poo. They'll joke about it but everyone's got a thing. The problem is that he used that instinct not to sexually shame people to hide some very hosed up and manipulative behavior.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Didn't he have some kind of freakout at the DMV or something? Can't imagine having to wait for God knows how long at the DMV only for this person to start screeching about Chemtrails or lizard people or whatever in that squeaky mickey mouse voice

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ugh, I can still hear that "Do you love me or not?!" opening of that shitstorm.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
This doesn’t sound like something I’d want to listen to. Am I missing out?

For the record I still pop on kuenbuu’s classic meltdown for a good chuckle.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

if you enjoy listening to a neo-nazi jew crying and shrieking while a diaperfurry does a calm squeaky voice it is definitely for you

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Ruflux posted:

imagine if you were having an actual, honest-to-god mental breakdown and the person trying to talk you down insisted on maintaining a high-pitched cartoon character voice the entire time

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

cock hero flux posted:

imagine if you were having an actual, honest-to-god mental breakdown and the person trying to talk you down insisted on maintaining a high-pitched cartoon character voice the entire time

I know right? Bad enough he's basically saying the dumbest poo poo, he's also doing the loving voice that'd set anyone off if they had to listen to it long enough. I'm surprised it didn't end up worse than it did, because it had every possibility of turning into a really ugly mess.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

That guy sounds like a real jerk.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

cock hero flux posted:

I think Shmorky likely pretty much reached the point where that's basically his normal voice now.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ruflux posted:

I know right? Bad enough he's basically saying the dumbest poo poo, he's also doing the loving voice that'd set anyone off if they had to listen to it long enough. I'm surprised it didn't end up worse than it did, because it had every possibility of turning into a really ugly mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaeJ60Zazvk&t=51s

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-36uFSEqcwI

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
more like https://youtu.be/qtKOPF0NyHg#t=56s

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Back when that whole poo poo show was going down, I'd edited and partially redubbed the shouting match between Shmorky and the nazi girlfriend to be a little quarrel about Christmas presents. I thought about reuploading the audio just now, but listening back to it, it's kind of in bad taste, and it doesn't feel right anymore.

If you really want to get an idea of the craziness and have an hour, you can watch one of those weird in-depth internet drama documentaries about Shmorky made by a goon (I think).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UcjvEDDL30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O30uSdp2s7c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

All you really need to know about Shmorky is that one comic where his underage fursona falls face-first into a dirty diaper and then laughs about it, tbh