Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
There's also this part during his internship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

So Saiba taking out his personal ultra cookware for the final battle much like Gilgamesh used Ea during the final battle.

Since Ea was wind based i'm hoping Saiba's wildcard is an Air Fryer. Do it and i'll forgive this series.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I'm glad we didn't have to deal with more Spooky Noirs VS Soma matches and we get to see the conclusion a bit sooner. Soma has to win this since they went and closed off any chance of us hoping for a fulfilling Erina VS Asahi finale. At least we might get a Soma VS Erina to cap off the series but I'm very wary of how that might go.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
He's gonna cook her something so good it'll just make them spontaneously fall in love since character development doesn't really mean anything in this series and it's getting rushed to conclusion

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/305/5770/1?mobile=1

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Man this is terrible

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Fabricated posted:

He's gonna cook her something so good it'll just make them spontaneously fall in love since character development doesn't really mean anything in this series and it's getting rushed to conclusion

I'm like 99% sure his ability to cook things that are exquisitely bad is going to create the so called dish that has never existed before

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Fabricated posted:

Man this is terrible

Every time I think things can't get worse, this manga proves me wrong.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
If nothing else, a theme of just mixing poo poo together in a bowl from every major culinary culture is a good fit for someone whose specialty is disgusting messes

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
At least the end is near.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I just want to say that this manga is well past the point where it deserves to make a JoJo reference. The one in this chapter is entirely unearned.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

I stopped reading when all those clown chefs were introduced and I could see it was never going to improve.

What's so great about those knives?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Galvanik posted:

I stopped reading when all those clown chefs were introduced and I could see it was never going to improve.

They give Asahi the powers and cooking skill of the previous owner.

That is not a joke post. That is actually what is happening.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Galvanik posted:

Literal Magic. If this dude gets his hands a chef's knife, through winning it in a cooking duel or by being freely given it, he also gets that chef's experience and abilities. Just like that.

Also, this just popped into my mind, but this will absolutely be an example of "too many cooks spoil the broth". Just watch.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
The story may be in the shitter but this panel got a chuckle out of me because it makes Asahi look like a deranged serial killer.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Galvanik posted:

Mulderman posted:

They give Asahi the powers and cooking skill of the previous owner.

That is not a joke post. That is actually what is happening.

This but also if he uses more than one knife in one dish, their powers multiply, so if he uses two knives it's actually 4x as good as a normal person's dish.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mikl posted:

Also, this just popped into my mind, but this will absolutely be an example of "too many cooks spoil the broth". Just watch.

To be fair, this is something of a theme that's been running through the story about team work. It runs through team battles, the internships, and the food hitler arc. Cooking is collaborative, but you can't just mash two cooks together and have magic turn out, they've got to actually work together. Which, with the nature of both Saiba and Soma's cooking, makes them a questionable choice to build your magical cross knives attack on. They're the contrarian kings of the gourmet world, probably as close to the "Noir" style of anyone legitimate.

So, if this weren't all just bullshit pulled out the rear end, using non-complementary cooking powers would negate much of the power of the magical cross knives. Something that doesn't contradict past wins, because even without magic powers Asahi is actually a really good chef.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I miss when the secret power moves were like shredding aged cheddar into risotto or the awe inspiring aroma and heat of the habanero

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Eej posted:

I miss when the secret power moves were like shredding aged cheddar into risotto or the awe inspiring aroma and heat of the habanero

At this point, I even miss the loving 4 cheese pizza.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I would take, using chicken to make chicken stock over this.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Pickles??? In a burger?!?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
At least miss something interesting, like Isshiki and taking all the experimental ingredients to beat the guy.

And that Yamata-no-Orochi panel.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I haven't kept up with the series after Asahi was introduced; does Rindou ever appear again.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I haven't kept up with the series after Asahi was introduced; does Rindou ever appear again.

No

What's hosed up is Tsukasa shows back up without Rindou.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh well, I'll always have the memories of Rindou and Alice and Ryo and Mimisaka.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i can't believe this manga's about to die and we will have seen isshiki be cool ONCE

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The Polar Star Dorm got totally sidelined once their existence was no longer at risk

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i hope mana's response to cross knives is "that's not how cooking works" and then we get a full page of asahi's face like it's the most shocking thing he's ever heard

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

If he goes full Enel face this manga will be redeemed.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
I'm hoping that Soma completely wipes him, and Saiba asks "How could you beat me, I had the knife your father used throughout his youth" to which goes "I spent my whole life competing against that guy you idiot"

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
I hope Soma doesn't even cook anything, and just lets Erina wreck his poo poo.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Nine of Eight posted:

I'm hoping that Soma completely wipes him, and Saiba asks "How could you beat me, I had the knife your father used throughout his youth" to which goes "I spent my whole life competing against that guy you idiot"

"i spent my whole life cooking against that guy +10 years of experience"

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Hellsau posted:

This but also if he uses more than one knife in one dish, their powers multiply, so if he uses two knives it's actually 4x as good as a normal person's dish.

you are killing me here

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So I'm going to spoiler this even though it's non-story stuff on the chance that it might not be true but apparently we have 15 chapters left.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Will it beat Bleach in sheer stupidity and disappointment for the final few chapters.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

That's a lot more than I expected. Guess this ride has a lot more dumb poo poo to throw at us.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

TheKingofSprings posted:

So I'm going to spoiler this even though it's non-story stuff on the chance that it might not be true but apparently we have 15 chapters left.

What, before the end of the series?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SwissArmyDruid posted:

What, before the end of the series?

Yes, apparently that might be what this week's colour page is about.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/306/5784/1?mobile=1

It’s up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Okay, now even the side characters are calling out the manga on its own bullshit. This is hilarious in a horrible way.