Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Otoh it means this is probably an anomalous blip in the course of politics and also means this generation of ruling class are singularly incapable of handling the return of politics.

You just gotta make sure its the left who takes advantage cause the ruling class will happily side with whichever fascist who promises they can keep their careers and still get to be on the telly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Otoh it means this is probably an anomalous blip in the course of politics and also means this generation of ruling class are singularly incapable of handling the return of politics.

You just gotta make sure its the left who takes advantage cause the ruling class will happily side with whichever fascist who promises they can keep their careers and still get to be on the telly.

It's going to be the defining political challenge of our generation. Climate change is obviously the biggest issue on the horizon and it's going to be a nightmare, but only the left are even vaguely equipped to deal with it; if the right win this historical moment we are all utterly, utterly hosed

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

System Metternich posted:

to be fair he was like 20 at the time and went on to firmly distance himself from and apologise for his positions back then. During his time as an MP he seems to have been mostly on the sane side of things (unless I overlooked something?), even defying a three-whip order when he voted for a Labour proposal to let gay couples adopt children

I wonder if there are any Brexiteers who insist on calling him „Berkowitz“

He has been radicalised by his labour supporting wife. By the time he was elected speaker people were suspecting he was going to cross the floor to Labour.

More recently Tories were giving Bercow poo poo for having anti-Brexit stickers on his car, he had to explain it was his wife's car.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gaukler posted:

That makes sense, I guess I was optimistically thinking that it couldn’t go to hell quite so quickly but here we are.

america: hold my pint

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

marktheando posted:

More recently Tories were giving Bercow poo poo for having anti-Brexit stickers on his car, he had to explain it was his wife's car.

lol

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

america: hold my pint

Yeah I’m definitely not saying the US is in much better shape. We’re both racing to see who will hit bottom first.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

I’m glad the brexit thread gets overrun with Americans as it’s a nice lil practice run for what we are about to do to your economy british friends

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Gaukler posted:

Yeah I’m definitely not saying the US is in much better shape. We’re both racing to see who will hit bottom first.

dude. I know it's been normalised by now but I must inform you

Donald J Trump is president

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

Der Meister posted:

I’m glad the brexit thread gets overrun with Americans as it’s a nice lil practice run for what we are about to do to your economy british friends

All my posting is chlorinated and packed with antibiotics

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

Mackers posted:

And yet somehow the UK is making it competitive.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Gaukler posted:

And yet somehow the UK is making it competitive.

yeah the uk leaving the eu has loving nothing on that lol, retarded as it is

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

Mackers posted:

yeah the uk leaving europe has loving nothing on that lol, retarded as it is

Shh I want to pretend, that’s why I follow the Brexit thread. It’s less depressing watching other countries stupid politics

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
As a British dude living in the USA now, I'd rather be here than living in post-brexit Britain lol.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Mackers posted:

Trump will only be president for 10 or 20 more years, Brexit is forever.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Mackers posted:

You're on the brink of getting PM Boris which isn't really that much better than President Trump, and on top of it you're about to torpedo your economy. Really feels like a lot of Brits have a giant blind spot here to how bad it really can get

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

mays final act being to push no confidence in her own government is so good it must be historically inevitable

no confidence?

no, confidence!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mackers posted:

Never heard of him

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Teresa May trying to no confidence her own goverment as its leader while the rest of her party vote to keep her and themselves shackled to the sinking ship is something alright

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Teresa May trying to no confidence her own goverment as its leader while the rest of her party vote to keep her and themselves shackled to the sinking ship is something alright

See you just don’t get quality lols like this from Congress.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
May's definitely as vicious and cruel as Trump, the difference is that she's far less competent so her direct bodycount for poo poo like ethnic cleansing and putting migrants in concentration camps is hindered by the fact that she keeps getting smacked about by a mixture of the opposition, her own party, and the courts

she made a big ol fascist speech which got an MP attacked and then had to spend a full day shamefully not-really-apologising for it

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Spangly A posted:

May's definitely as vicious and cruel as Trump, the difference is that she's far less competent so her direct bodycount for poo poo like ethnic cleansing and putting migrants in concentration camps is hindered by the fact that she keeps getting smacked about by a mixture of the opposition, her own party, and the courts

she made a big ol fascist speech which got an MP attacked and then had to spend a full day shamefully not-really-apologising for it

May is far more competent. Trump is a coward at heart and very rarely actually does anything.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

So what are the odds the customs union plan passes the House tomorrow? Could be the best case scenario at this point.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Spangly A posted:

They’re investigating British special forces training child mercenaries fighting in the genocidal Saudi UAE war on Yemen

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

coathat posted:

They’re investigating British special forces training child mercenaries fighting in the genocidal Saudi UAE war on Yemen

Seriously?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Thom12255 posted:

As a British dude living in the USA now, I'd rather be here than living in post-brexit Britain lol.

:same: lol

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

yes they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnW06ArhJcs

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
also Trump hasn't really caused many of america's deep issues, he's a symptom as much as a cause and as bad as he is you have a chance to get rid of him at the ballot box quite soon.

brexit is far far worse than trump.

Pook Good Mook posted:

May is far more competent. Trump is a coward at heart and very rarely actually does anything.

lol what, may is totally loving incompetent

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
The Queen likes horses.
The saudis have lots of them, nice ones too.
and slaves.
The Queen likes horses as presents from the saudi's.
will britain ever turn around and discuss human rights abuses in the uae?
ha ha ha.

JFairfax posted:

lol what, may is totally loving incompetent

Incompetent at doing poo poo she does not care about, But take a look at her husband, and the companies he is involved in, gosh, brexit has been kind to them. hmmm?

staberind has issued a correction as of 17:06 on Mar 31, 2019

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

staberind posted:

The Queen likes horses.
The saudis have lots of them, nice ones too.
and slaves.
The Queen likes horses as presents from the saudi's.
will britain ever turn around and discuss human rights abuses in the uae?
ha ha ha.

the uae isn't saudi

but they do both like horses and human rights abuses

I think only saudi arabia is doing the war crimes at the moment tho

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
My feeling was that if trump isn't the bottom of the fuckin barrel of humanity then I don't know what is

but in retrospect I'm sure hellworld will demonstrate shortly how it can be worse.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

coathat posted:

Will the results be applied to the British school system?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

why will no one explain to me what "brexit" means???

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mackers posted:

My feeling was that if trump isn't the bottom of the fuckin barrel of humanity then I don't know what is

but in retrospect I'm sure hellworld will demonstrate shortly how it can be worse.

trump is a scumbag but he's far from as bad as it can get lol

that oval office Bolsonaro for a start is worse than trump

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
and the UK, is assisting them.
kind of like how we knew saddam husein had wmd's.
oops, the receipt must have slipped and fallen behind a radiator somewhere.
good thing we found it when we decided we didn't like sadders.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Squizzle posted:

why will no one explain to me what "brexit" means???

means brexit

coathat
May 21, 2007

JFairfax posted:

I think only saudi arabia is doing the war crimes at the moment tho

You are wrong

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

coathat posted:

You are wrong

what war crimes are UAE doing?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Mackers posted:

George w bush and his circle of sycophants and enablers are responsible for exponentially more suffering and misery than trump but lol he gave our lady of perpetual wokeness a candy so slay king

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

JFairfax posted:

that oval office Bolsonaro for a start is worse than trump

Dunno about that tbh. They are incredibly similar guys.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

but lol he gave our lady of perpetual wokeness a candy so slay king

i have no fuckin idea what this means

Mackers has issued a correction as of 17:17 on Mar 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

George w bush and his circle of sycophants and enablers are responsible for exponentially more suffering and misery than trump but lol he gave our lady of perpetual wokeness a candy so slay king

yeah, and Obama did what, 2 regime changes? one of which helped bring back slavery to Libya.

Mackers posted:

Dunno about that tbh. They are incredibly similar guys.

yeah they are similar, Bolsonaro is worse imho, brazil is gonna get properly hosed up by him.