Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZgV_qgaYLY&t=389s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

"Wow, poo poo, I guess there's just no machine we can use to safely round off this piece of square wood, better fire up the Fingat Eater again" - Lefty Sevenfingers

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Holy poo poo I saw that video on facebook and my butthole puckered right up.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Lathe? The gently caress is that?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Coxswain Balls posted:

A Loathe.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Sometimes it's not even the biome. I can't do spicy foods anymore because of a hiatal hernia.

Our meat ships are fragile and prone to permanent damage.

Yeah same for me, I can digest it just fine but if I've done a lot of heavy lifting add irritated my hiatal hernia it's gonna be a world of pain if I eat too much fat, fibre or spice.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Burt Sexual posted:

He has to carry an epi and he taught me how to use it while we were at the pub. Lol I’m going for the chest man

You need to run through an extensive list of pre-approved Pulp Fiction quotes with him before the time comes to use it.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Rad-daddio posted:

You need to run through an extensive list of pre-approved Pulp Fiction quotes with him before the time comes to use it.

I suggest, "Who is this? I don't know you. I'm hanging up the phone. Prank caller! Prank caller!"

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Burt Sexual posted:

My buddy just got done with a round of steroids to stop his reaction to shrimp. He’s middle aged and grew into having a full blown swelling and anophilactic shock thing at a restaurant. Ambulance, etc. face was a mess It’s weird how you can develop allergies on foods you’ve eaten for decades. Scary actually.

I think this is happening to me, because I started noticing that when I eat bananas now I feel the same itching I get with tree nuts, which I am definitely allergic to. Pisses me off because bananas are great. I used to also have a peanut allergy that disappeared sometime when I was a teenager. Now that I probably can't have bananas any more the short window in my life where I was able to eat like The King is over.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Sucks to be all of you- I don't even get a reaction to poison ivy and it isn't my problem if someone breaks out after touching my sweaty, unwashed body.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
https://i.imgur.com/Lb0g9Cj.mp4

people are saying her boyfriend died while he was doing a stunt like this

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It's cg

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I hope so.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

starkebn posted:

What did he do, entwine himself in the green screen and suffocate?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Certified Genuine.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
ITT: A bunch of olds tell us more than we ever wanted to know about their's and other's bowels and their various bowel ailments. :corsair:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Coxswain Balls posted:

if I've learned nothing else from this thread it's that lathes hunger for living flesh

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

if I've learned nothing else from this thread it's that lathes hunger for living flesh

Not nearly as much as that circular saw monstrosity, though. That's the thing you bring out when one of the guys at the shop gets too cocky about working on a lathe. Or if you think he has too many fingats...

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.
Weren't there some stats that showed climbing those towers without a safety tether had a lower chance of accidents than using one?

Something like the action of clipping and unclipping the rope, introduced more potential for error / time / strain then not doing it.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

starkebn posted:

theres some sort of feminism joke here, but i cant think of it :(

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

theres some sort of feminism joke here, but i cant think of it :(

alternately something about the world's longest upskirt

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

... BUT WHY

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Coxswain Balls posted:

I think this is happening to me, because I started noticing that when I eat bananas now I feel the same itching I get with tree nuts, which I am definitely allergic to.

From personal experience: bananas apparently share a protein with a few other things so you might also be allergic to avocados, mangoes, and latex.

But some good news: that same protein changes into something else that doesn't trigger the same reactions, so banana bread is back on the menu!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Applebee123 posted:

Weren't there some stats that showed climbing those towers without a safety tether had a lower chance of accidents than using one?

Something like the action of clipping and unclipping the rope, introduced more potential for error / time / strain then not doing it.

I don't see how. You unclip one, clip it to the next thing, unclip the second and clip it to the next one. You're never supposed to be entirely untethered, so unless people are dying because they have their tether as a noose around their neck like that one guy.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It takes more effort, which means you get more fatigued over the course of the job, which means you're more likely to make a mistake. Including mistakes like unclipping before you've clipped the next one on, and then slipping off because you're holding on to unconnected clips rather than any part of the tower.

You should, of course, be able to clip yourself on so that you can take a rest. And it's probably a good idea to always be tethered while you're negotiating transitions and other tricky bits where there's a higher risk of falling off. But I find it pretty believable that having to clip in for every single rung of the perfectly normal ladder doesn't actually help safety.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

dog nougat posted:

ITT: A bunch of olds tell us more than we ever wanted to know about their's and other's bowels and their various bowel ailments. :corsair:

I agree with your bowel assessment. Let’s move on.

I think we have.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://giant.gfycat.com/QuestionableSingleAegeancat.webm

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

:stare:

that's, uh...

is there a word for terrifying and awesome?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Mimesweeper posted:

that's, uh...

is there a word for terrifying and awesome?

Awful

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

That reminds me of a video from Copenhagen Suborbitals, from when their rocket tried to blow up a test stand. They had a gopro sitting by the rocket nozzle to get some slow-motion footage, and it managed to catch the resulting fiery inferno firsthand.

Video should start at about 1:10, high speed inferno should start shortly thereafter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-4n-2MtECE&t=78s

e: watch the first part of the video for what the rocket failure looked like from afar.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Icon Of Sin posted:

That reminds me of a video from Copenhagen Suborbitals, from when their rocket tried to blow up a test stand. They had a gopro sitting by the rocket nozzle to get some slow-motion footage, and it managed to catch the resulting fiery inferno firsthand.

Video should start at about 1:10, high speed inferno should start shortly thereafter.

e: watch the first part of the video for what the rocket failure looked like from afar.

Considering that they are likely to remain suborbital judging by their efforts, the company is aptly-named.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Considering that they are likely to remain suborbital judging by their efforts, the company is aptly-named.

I do not want that lot having an ICBM.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Hexyflexy posted:

I do not want that lot having an ICBM.

Same but every lot

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

bring back old gbs posted:

This happened to a friend. 30 years old and he developed a loving peanut/general nut allergy, has to be insanely careful now.

cuz i bust everywhere

seriously though its insane that it can happen so late in life

yeah im 22 and i only started developing a nut allergy just last year its fucken weird how your body changes in your early 20's

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I developed a seasonal allergy around the mid-20's...
Before that it was a myth, now August-September really, really sucks.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Icon Of Sin posted:

I love the part where the camera detaches and you get that dramatic fall into the water.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

chitoryu12 posted:

I love the part where the camera detaches and you get that dramatic fall into the water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrxPuk0JefA

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d7bsCiRFLE
"We're gonna show you what it looks like with the door open! You should never do this, never ever, but we're gonna do it today!"

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007

What's the story behind this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Icon Of Sin posted:

Not the most disturbing thing to come out of Copenhagen Suborbitals.