Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Who will be the first Quarterback to use the two handed throw? Perhaps a submariner throw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

That is one of the exciting things that keep me coming back every Thursday, Sunday and Monday, which tend to be the days of the week professional football is played for the duration of the regular season

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

innovation starts at the amateur levels and filters up, friend

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
The whole fullback being obsolete thing always struck me as a dumb take. It wasn't driven by defenses suddenly realizing how to defend two back looks extraordinarily well to the point where it wasn't worth trying- it's still sound football. It's a gap in the run game that can be inserted at a bunch of different places in the formation and you're pretty much stuck defending it with a second level defender most of the time. If anything drove the position out of use in the NFL I think it was because colleges weren't really producing them for a while until some of the spread-based looks started coming back around to them.

What I'd love to see is a team like the 49ers grab a quality #2 TE and start making defenses defend an extra gap that base defenses weren't really designed to handle with 22 packages and stuff like that. Start forcing defenses into running short-yardage packages on an every down defense, or force defenses that don't really two-gap guys to try and do it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Good God

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1112386209798651910?s=19

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Cataracts are 2020

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lol that the Giants fanbase revolted so hard last season that the franchise is going to self-sabotage like this

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Think it was Rich Eisen saying that he'd been hearing Gettleman was going to go all out on defense this draft and if that didn't work tank for Tua.

Tank for Tua is going to allow some QB's to fall this year.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Lol if the Giants don’t draft a QB again this year. Though I suppose maybe they can draft Tua next year after they win 3 games?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Think it was Rich Eisen saying that he'd been hearing Gettleman was going to go all out on defense this draft and if that didn't work tank for Tua.

Tank for Tua is going to allow some QB's to fall this year.

Don't tank for Tua.

I would complain if the Bucs went 0-16 each year until Trevor Lawrence comes out but if it resulted in drafting him and getting rid of Jameis I would consider it worth it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Giants stealing Miami’s offseason plans smdh

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

If the giants pass Miami could probably afford to trade back and still pick up their QB with a few extra picks to spare.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lol if the Giants don’t draft a QB again this year. Though I suppose maybe they can draft Tua next year after they win 3 games?

I've had several people tell me in all seriousness that "keep being terrible and drafting non-QB's with your top 3 picks every year until the team is stacked, then take your franchise QB and cruise to dominance" is a smart and good strategy. I have no explanation for it other than terminal Mike Francesca-brain.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

If the giants pass

Clearly not, if they’re planning on extending Eli.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Don’t ever tank for a Bama QB.

The last good Bama QB in the pros was Ken Stabler.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Stabler has become off kilter

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Gonz posted:

Don’t ever tank for a Bama QB.

The last good Bama QB in the pros was Ken Stabler.

Richard Todd bitch

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Hot take: Herbert is getting drafted before Tua.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/status/1112388480141795328

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mother of God :vince:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen old clips of Sonny Jurgensen throwing behind his back like that that in games.

All QBs should be on booze or blow or whatever.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

OK patty, new challenge.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Famed water Pokemon, Blake Bortles, will be QB1 in LA next season after it is reavealed that Jared Goff still hasn’t recovered from The Shookening™ he experienced in February.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

OK patty, new challenge.

Ha was coming to post the same thing. Surprised we haven't gotten that move from Mahomes yet, but I guess he has to save something for future seasons.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pssh, Aaron Brooks could do this.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Gonz posted:

Famed water Pokemon, Blake Bortles, will be QB1 in LA next season after it is reavealed that Jared Goff still hasn’t recovered from The Shookening™ he experienced in February.

I'd toxx that

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tank For Todd Marinovich 2.0

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Ches Neckbeard posted:

That reminds me of the article about the Browns rebuild. One of the signs that the Haslams were finally taking being owners seriously is they quit bringing friends etc into the war room.

Which article was that?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Which article was that?

It hasn't been written yet.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Which article was that?

The Johnny Draft

quote:

HASLAM LOVES THE war room on draft day, its power and potential. Like many owners, he invites friends and family and team sponsors to see the room, but unlike most, he has often allowed them to stay and watch as the draft unfolds. It frustrates some of the football people, but they learn to roll with it. In 2014, the war room was packed with Haslam's guests.

Dorsey's first.

quote:

The pain of having watched his dad grind at a tire factory and be laid off set the foundation for his own belief in hard work, he says as his eyes seem to turn wet and glassy. He knows he wasn't a fashionable choice, but he was Dorsey's choice, just as the Mayfield pick was Dorsey's pick. For once, Haslam didn't parade in friends to watch last year's draft. It was a scout's draft. The analytics team had limited influence. Dorsey was skeptical of their helpfulness when he first got the job.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25797430/inside-cleveland-browns-front-office-where-hope-history-collide

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This is a great read.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Pssh, Aaron Brooks could do this.

Yeah but could he complete the pass to a Saints player?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

A.o.D. posted:

Yeah but could he complete the pass to a Saints player?

Details, details.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Gatts posted:

Who will be the first Quarterback to use the two handed throw? Perhaps a submariner throw?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Football, when you look it straight in the eyes... well
It doesn't look back. Football is an empty stare with 270 pounds of meat behind it. All Glory to Football

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

The Giants make me physically ill at this point. I'm still holding on because goddamnit, I'm a Jersey boy through and through, but one day I'll finally jump off the bridge and become a bandwagon gently caress of a Pats fan. One day. :smithicide:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

pnumoman posted:

The Giants make me physically ill at this point. I'm still holding on because goddamnit, I'm a Jersey boy through and through, but one day I'll finally jump off the bridge and become a bandwagon gently caress of a Pats fan. One day. :smithicide:

your team won two Super Bowls in recent history, friend

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

sports is "what have you done for me lately" not "what have you done for me throughout history"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

colachute posted:

sports is "what have you done for me lately" not "what have you done for me throughout history"

Unless you’re talking to Cowboys fans.