Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

PostNouveau posted:

You know George Lucas?

He is the guy who made episode 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

He is the guy who made episode 1

Never heard of it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

PostNouveau posted:

Never heard of it

He also made Indiana Jones

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/aljean/status/1112219047670611968

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

A computer can't come up with something as good as n&n's yet.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

They already proved that they could just automate this poo poo now with the homer live thing so maybe they’re gonna go whole hog and we’ll have the go animate version of the simpsons

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Tree Goat posted:

y'all have read the rebecca sugar comic about simpsons line quoting, right?
https://dawolfey.wordpress.com/2011/05/13/dont-cry-for-me-im-already-dead-by-rebecca-sugar/

god, this comic is just vomitously ugly

edit:
why on earth would al jean promote this? shouldn't this be embarrassing to him?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

YeahTubaMike posted:

edit:

It's a call for help.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Tree Goat posted:

https://dawolfey.wordpress.com/2011/05/13/dont-cry-for-me-im-already-dead-by-rebecca-sugar/

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tree Goat posted:

My God that's the ugliest poo poo I've seen in many a day.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

210 pages to say "season 10"

The Bible
May 8, 2010

YeahTubaMike posted:

edit:

Al Jean is far beyond shame at this point.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

YeahTubaMike posted:

That sample computer generated script should be put into production ASAP

quote:

homer_simpson:(to moe) this is a great idea, children. now, what are we playing here?
bart_simpson:(horrified gasp)
homer_simpson:(worried) i've got a wet!

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
Looks like those clowns in Congress did it again. What a bunch of clowns.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mister Mind posted:

“Pretzeled bread”

Oh yeah, also the inappropriate use of "and/or"

Rhythm and/or blues

Scary monsters and/or nice sprites

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Data Graham posted:

Scary monsters and/or nice sprites

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
no caffeine in sprite. :one:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

An image combining two random scenes is funnier than the entirety of the last few seasons.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I was linked a newer Simpsons clip where Homer goes to see a romcom at the theater. The movies is terrible with the final joke being a You are the Weakest Link goodbye reference. Homer calls it out, says that's not a joke. He gets hit with a wooden board from offscreen and get kicked out. That's not a joke.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Reality Winter posted:

I was linked a newer Simpsons clip where Homer goes to see a romcom at the theater. The movies is terrible with the final joke being a You are the Weakest Link goodbye reference. Homer calls it out, says that's not a joke. He gets hit with a wooden board from offscreen and get kicked out. That's not a joke.

Isn't that the one where they took the crayon out of his brain and it made him super intelligent? That one is pretty old.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

re: other shows' quotes - there are definitely some real winners in Bob's Burgers. I don't remember most of them because I'm not a young kid with endless time to watch the episodes repeatedly and memorize all of them.

My wife and I sometimes say "Exquisite mouth feel!" when talking about a fancy dinner.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

An image combining two random scenes is funnier than the entirety of the last few seasons.

The Simpsons meme thread is funnier than the last ten years of the Simpsons or Something Awful

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Lisa gets recruited for a youth orchestra. JK Simmons guest stars as his character from "Whiplash".

Homer takes a job on the night shift at the plant to cover the $200 a month the youth orchestra costs. Marge, Bart and Maggie have to drive her there 30 minutes both ways. Apparently, $200 and 60 minutes of driving just ruin everyone's lives because it's played as huge sacrifices.

Homer gets so tired that he ballroom dances with a hazmat suit into a Shining reference where the ghost bartender tries to convince him to kill his family.

Lisa somewhat intentionally blows an audition into the next level of the school.

There are some OK jokes but mostly it's forgettable. There's a flashback with Sideshow Mel at a music college graduation and he's got a clarinet through his hair.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

They could have at least called him sideshow mellotron

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

DizzyBum posted:

re: other shows' quotes - there are definitely some real winners in Bob's Burgers. I don't remember most of them because I'm not a young kid with endless time to watch the episodes repeatedly and memorize all of them.

My wife and I sometimes say "Exquisite mouth feel!" when talking about a fancy dinner.

if boys had uteruses they'd be called duderuses

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

PostNouveau posted:

Lisa gets recruited for a youth orchestra. JK Simmons guest stars as his character from "Whiplash".

Homer takes a job on the night shift at the plant to cover the $200 a month the youth orchestra costs. Marge, Bart and Maggie have to drive her there 30 minutes both ways. Apparently, $200 and 60 minutes of driving just ruin everyone's lives because it's played as huge sacrifices.

Homer gets so tired that he ballroom dances with a hazmat suit into a Shining reference where the ghost bartender tries to convince him to kill his family.

Lisa somewhat intentionally blows an audition into the next level of the school.

There are some OK jokes but mostly it's forgettable. There's a flashback with Sideshow Mel at a music college graduation and he's got a clarinet through his hair.

So it's like when Lisa had a Horse, and when Lisa went to that fancy private school. I'm also drat sure they've done the shining references before but that might have just been the "Shinning" halloween thing, I totally wouldn't put it past them to have done that before in a regular episode though.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It was bad but for a new episode it wasn't super bad.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

I have no idea if this is an actual episode or not.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

QwertySanchez posted:

I'm also drat sure they've done the shining references before but that might have just been the "Shinning" halloween thing, I totally wouldn't put it past them to have done that before in a regular episode though.

Just the Halloween one, I think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzrTP-rCoqc

There was also an appearance of Jack Torrance with an ax. Mr. Burns says he's the head of HR.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Bust Rodd posted:

I dunno I’ve probably watched complete runs of Futurama, Bob’s Burgers, Family Guy, King of the Hill, American Dad & The Cleveland Show probably 5 times a piece by just leaving it on as white noise which occasionally grabs my attention long enough to make me laugh. I’ve fallen asleep and woken up to these shows for years.

Extremely same.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Rascar Capac posted:

Looks like those clowns in Congress did it again. What a bunch of clowns.

This quote is constantly ringing in my ears lately.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtjqh6IpIbU

This has been my personal philosophy for years.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

This episode would be the second time they did a Shining parody. But the time they did it poorly.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Fister Roboto posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtjqh6IpIbU

This has been my personal philosophy for years.

This is another one that comes up a lot at work.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
This is like the snapshot of where the show went to poo poo.

https://twitter.com/simpscreens/status/1114037643086585857?s=19

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Homer’s cartoon face next to real faces looks absolutely ghastly. Like Alf levels of bad.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

SirPablo posted:

This is like the snapshot of where the show went to poo poo.

https://twitter.com/simpscreens/status/1114037643086585857?s=19

And yet EVEN THAT episode had some memorable quotes compared to now.

“You can’t lose the pie, the pie’s your heart!” Still comes up, believe it or not.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Okay, here's a question that I've been thinking of for a long time. Would memorable lines/scenes from the golden years be as funny if they were made today? For example, one of my favorites of all time is this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvCQ80Brkw0

It's such a simple, yet effective and hilarious line. But I'm of the opinion that it wouldn't work today, with the current style The Simpsons has. Anyone else feel this way?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Mr Interweb posted:

Okay, here's a question that I've been thinking of for a long time. Would memorable lines/scenes from the golden years be as funny if they were made today? For example, one of my favorites of all time is this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvCQ80Brkw0

It's such a simple, yet effective and hilarious line. But I'm of the opinion that it wouldn't work today, with the current style The Simpsons has. Anyone else feel this way?

I don’t think that was such a great line tbh :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Applewhite posted:

I don’t think that was such a great line tbh :shrug:

Shut up