Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I first started listening to the show last January based on a recommendation. I was interested because I really liked the Birthday Boys on TV, and I found Mitch funny on Love. Somehow, over the past year and a bit, I have become Team Burger Boy. I guess I just like SoCal surfer dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Moe's also has awesome cheese dip. Chipotle's cheese dip is terrible and grainy.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Unmature posted:

Moe’s rules

Yeah, it's real good. Pretty much the only chain Tex-Mex I gently caress with these days (I don't live near a Del Taco, and Taco Bell is pretty much its own category of food in every practical way)

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

No Moe's in Oregon, but that's true for at least half the chains they talk about nowadays.

It won't be too long before they run out of restaurants they can reasonably call "chains".

FitFortDanga fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 15, 2019

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
They already cover things that have, like, 4 total locations that all fall within in the LA metro area

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Moe's also has awesome cheese dip. Chipotle's cheese dip is terrible and grainy.

I don't understand how a queso can have zero flavour but Chipotle figured it out. It's like they just made a basic flour/water roux and called it queso.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Genuinely don't know where Mitch finds all these online comments calling him dumb, fat and unfunny. Both subreddits are just full of loving praise. Maybe he sorts by most downvoted first.

To be clear, this episode was brilliant, and Mitch should probably read mean comments about himself before every record.

GraPar fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Mar 16, 2019

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Popete posted:

I don't understand how a queso can have zero flavour but Chipotle figured it out. It's like they just made a basic flour/water roux and called it queso.

Idk what flour plus water would be but it's def not a roux. Roux requires fat and flour. It's like they made a roux and didn't allow the flour to cook before making a bechamel and adding cheese way too soon, stirred it for a couple seconds and then served the slop. It's truly terrible.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

FitFortDanga posted:

It won't be too long before they run out of restaurants they can reasonably call "chains".

It would probably help if they didn’t exclusively (but admittedly understandably) limit themselves to LA outside of the live shows. But even then there are some weird omissions.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

JethroMcB posted:

They already cover things that have, like, 4 total locations that all fall within in the LA metro area
yeah their 8th ep was Umami Burger, and that place probably had less than 20 locations at the time.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Mitch is currently playing Alien: Isolation on BugMane's Bazzizio twitch channel. He's done this a few times this year.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The video feedbag is back, baby!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Go birds!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Isn’t Moe’s one of those chains that has cutesy proprietary names for basic texmex foods?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Last time I went there they had a bunch of things on the menu that were Seinfeld references.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This doughboys has the most insane twist in the entire history of the show

whydirt posted:

Isn’t Moe’s one of those chains that has cutesy proprietary names for basic texmex foods?

At least you can go to a moes, you can't go to a del taco unless you live in LA.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

whydirt posted:

Yeah everything's named a reference like "Art Vandelay". It's dumb, you can just ask for a burrito.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Yeah everything's named a reference like "Art Vandelay". It's dumb, you can just ask for a burrito.

Guess I have to go

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I love Mitch's utter astonishment that a person can resist making their preference for a fast food restaurant an integral part of their identity. Because let's face it, Mitch has Taco Bell's dick so far up his rear end there's no way he's not going to have a massive temper tantrum if it somehow doesn't win this thing.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I feel like I’ve been listening to them talk about Poquito Más, a chain that doesn’t even exist outside LA, for fifty years.

Mitch is definitely responsible for them being in the competition.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/185150/stitcher-announces-spring-slate-of-new-returning-p

quote:

The STITCHER ORIGINALS network is adding shows including "THE DAILY SHOW" correspondent AASIF MANDVI's "LOST AT THE SMITHSONIAN" (debuting JUNE 26th); YOUTUBE/INSTAGRAM celebrities DEVALE and KHADEEN ELLIS' "DEAD rear end" relationship podcast (MAY 15th); and BILL NYE ("THE SCIENCE GUY") and COREY S POWELL's "SCIENCE RULES!" (MAY 16th). Returning for new seasons are "LEVAR BURTON READS" (APRIL 2nd), erotic novelist ZANE's "PURPLE PANTIES" (APRIL 17th, a wider release after debuting via the STITCHER PREMIUM subscription service), GABY DUNN's "BAD WITH MONEY" (APRIL 24th), "RUNNING FROM COPS: HEADLONG (APRIL 23rd),

The EARWOLF comedy podcast network is adding "BEST FRIENDS" with NICOLE BYER and SASHEER ZAMATA (JUNE 12th); EDGAR MOMPLAISIR's "THE WOKEST" (MAY 23rd); "ADAM RUINS EVERYTHING" star ADAM CONOVER's "FACTUALLY!" (MAY 29th); a video game version of the network's "HOW DID THIS GET MADE?," "HOW DID THIS GET PLAYED?," with "THE DOUGHBOYS co-host NICK WIGER and "SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE"'s HEATHER ANNE CAMPBELL (JUNE 26th); and another show from "NEVER NOT FUNNY"'s JIMMY PARDO, a pop culture game show, "PLAYING GAMES" (MAY 14th).

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Nice, that sounds a million times better than HDTGM

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I have a feeling that’s just going to be a shitload of bad licensed games

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

FitFortDanga posted:

I love Mitch's utter astonishment that a person can resist making their preference for a fast food restaurant an integral part of their identity. Because let's face it, Mitch has Taco Bell's dick so far up his rear end there's no way he's not going to have a massive temper tantrum if it somehow doesn't win this thing.

Counterpoint: Wiger is a weirdo and Mitch was right to be confused as to why he eliminated his favorite Mexican fast-food place from the tournament on the basis of this one meal where he ordered a fake meat taco

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

True. To be fair, they're both broken weirdos who take this stuff too seriously, just in different ways. Mitch needs his favorites to win, Wiger needs to be absurdly faithful to the rules.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm a bit behind but in the double ep I was listening to today they mentioned Fatburger and so I looked it up online and apparently as of a few hours ago they are changing their name to Skinnyburger. What the gently caress is that? Get out of here.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the beginning of April.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
#JusticeForQdoba

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

WerthersWay posted:

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the beginning of April.

Idk I feel like an April Fools joke should happen in you know, April.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe it's an ihob situation

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Help Im Alive posted:

Maybe it's an ihob/The Hut/Dunkin'/ situation

I bet it's this

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

100% worth rejoining the golden plate club to hear the Christmas breadcast where Santa mocks Mitch for being far too eager to eat a spilled cupcake off the loving floor.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

100% worth rejoining the golden plate club to hear the Christmas breadcast where Santa mocks Mitch for being far too eager to eat a spilled cupcake off the loving floor.

On that note, what are some other standout bonus eps? Finally got around to paying in and don’t plan on going through in order

Unmature
May 9, 2008

WEH posted:

On that note, what are some other standout bonus eps? Finally got around to paying in and don’t plan on going through in order

Joe Hartzler's episode for sure

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

WEH posted:

The one with Mitch's mom mum is top notch.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

WEH posted:

"Back to School with Ronnie Adrian" was a standout in that it was the only Double that I felt the Boys owed me money for having sat through

really, just go through and look for guests you like; it's insane to me that they'd get (e.g.) Heather Anne Campbell, Alana Johnston, Erin McGathy etc back as guests but only do a sixty-minute patreon-exclusive episode with them instead of a full-length mainline one

the Biggie Feedbags are also always a good time

caligulamprey posted:

The one with Mitch's mom mum is top notch.

also this

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Yay, Griffin Newman is on the Double!

Also: watch The Tick and listen to Blank Check, which is like weird alternate universe Doughboys where the hosts are best friends and know what they're talking about.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

caligulamprey posted:

Yay, Griffin Newman is on the Double!

Also: watch The Tick and listen to Blank Check, which is like weird alternate universe Doughboys where the hosts are best friends and know what they're talking about.

Blank Check is one of the finest podcasts in the biz. Definite recommend.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Blank Check is a pro listen and everyone should give it a shot. I just wish I had a reason to sub to their patreon but heck hopefully that'll change in the future. I know I wouldn't be bored by those bonus episodes but dang they sure are frontloading it with Marvel movies and that just turns me away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Yeah, I ended up trying out an episode of Blank Check on the back of that Double and it's a fun listen. I could see it growing on me.

I don't think I've heard Nick or Mitch as viscerally repulsed, ever, as when Eva Anderson told the New Orleans / Jameson shot story on the latest mainline episode. It was great.