Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Andrast posted:

I'm not really into superhero movies

One Punch Man is a series about superheroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bleck posted:

:aaaaa:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bleck posted:

but its not a movie

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I didn't think I'd need to specify that with with "superhero movies" I meant DC/Marvel movies

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Andrast posted:

I didn't think I'd need to specify that with with "superhero movies" I meant DC/Marvel movies

Never underestimate the power of pedantry.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Andrast posted:

into the spiderverse is neither a DC Movie or A Marvel Movie

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

into the spiderverse is neither a DC Movie or A Marvel Movie

DC/Marvel/Whoever Marvel sold the movie rights to their characters before they got bought out by disney

is that better

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Andrast posted:

DC/Marvel/Whoever Marvel sold the movie rights to their characters before they got bought out by disney

is that better

It is unrelated to either of the major ongoing superhero film franchises, including the ones that have a Spider-Man in them.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

It is unrelated to either of the major ongoing superhero film franchises, including the ones that have a Spider-Man in them.

I didn't really like superhero movies before the dumb cinematic universe was a thing either.

The trailer for spiderverse looked ok though (and the animation was indeed pretty cool).

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
hey if you dont wanna see one of the greatest superhero films and animated films at once about different versions of one of the greatest superheroes of all time, greatly beloved by the artist of the manga of this thread to the point he did a poster for another one of his movies, that's on you

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i know murata wanted to do a back to the future comic but god i want to see his spiderman comic so bad

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

i know murata wanted to do a back to the future comic but god i want to see his spiderman comic so bad

Murata should do the art for everything

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Andrast posted:

Murata should do the art for everything

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

They cant let him do it else it would eclipse every spiderman comic ever made, no need to punch down on the west here

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

This is entirely unrelated but do modern movie trailers normally show like half of the plot? I don't usually watch them but that spiderverse trailer showed a lot.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Andrast posted:

This is entirely unrelated but do modern movie trailers normally show like half of the plot? I don't normally watch those but that spiderverse trailer showed a lot.

The pendulum is beginning to swing the other way, actually. The infinity war trailer, for example, explicitly lies several times and always depicts Thanos with two infinity stones, no matter when in the movie the shot was from.

There are a number of solid twists in Spider-Verse.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Andrast posted:

This is entirely unrelated but do modern movie trailers normally show like half of the plot? I don't usually watch them but that spiderverse trailer showed a lot.

Most show the entire plot these days. Spiderverse's actually left out most of it

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Andrast posted:

The trailer actually doesn’t show that much of the plot. You’d be surprised.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

hey if you dont wanna see one of the greatest superhero films and animated films at once about different versions of one of the greatest superheroes of all time, greatly beloved by the artist of the manga of this thread to the point he did a poster for another one of his movies, that's on you

Don't try to browbeat people into liking things because you liked them.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

RareAcumen posted:

Don't try to browbeat people into liking things because you liked them.

I mean the issue here is they aren't even giving it a chance. It's one thing to watch it and say "nah it's not my thing" and another to say "for arbitrary reasons I'm not giving it the time of day."

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I think someone saying "oh, popular thing? Yeah not really interested in it, not gonna give it a watch" is perfectly valid

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Spiderman may be good but no one has a moral obligation to watch it, or give it the time of day. Its, uh, a movie, chill dude

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

I think someone saying "oh, popular thing? Yeah not really interested in it, not gonna give it a watch" is perfectly valid

Maybe, but "Popular thing suck!" is a judgement that requires a bit more information to seem reasonable. Which is the deal here.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

ninjewtsu posted:

But no one said that

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Andrast posted:

I think it's fair to say that most Marvel Movies and most DC movies are fairly formulaic and sameish (with that formulae historically having been a fair bit different between DC and Marvel, but DC taking a turn away from the dark and gritty recently) and it's okay if that formula isn't to your taste.

However some movies are off beat and different and can't be categorised as a standard DC or Marvel movie. Logan is quite different from The Wolverine for example and just because you don;t like standard formulaic comicbook movies doesn't mean you wouldn't like other ones. That said, "Go watch Into the Spiderverse" isn't exactly a sterling advertisement of why the movie is different and worth watching.

In summary everyone except me is wrong and Murata is a homophobic paedophile. I hope you have enjoyed this post.

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Apr 1, 2019

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Expect My Mom posted:

I love how he was clearly trying to give you a feeling of how far below them the ground is and how much he succeeded

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

Maybe, but "Popular thing suck!" is a judgement that requires a bit more information to seem reasonable. Which is the deal here.

Maybe you should quote and respond to gologle then, who got 2 responses to their incindiary post, rather than pile on andrast, who literally only said "I'm not going to watch spiderman" and "I'm not into superhero movies" but is the actual person people are quoting and responding to

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

skaianDestiny posted:

I mean the issue here is they aren't even giving it a chance. It's one thing to watch it and say "nah it's not my thing" and another to say "for arbitrary reasons I'm not giving it the time of day."

Let me tell you about a thing called hype poisoning

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

I can't blame him for not being interested in seeing another Spider-Man origin story.

I appreciated this lowkey joke

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Alright, let's do this one last time

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

SUMMARIZE YOUR ORIGIN IN TEN SECONDS OR LESS!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Where is the anime thread?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Is this BSS? I knew I should have turned left at Albuquerque

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I don't know you guys, but I'm about to give it a shot to this into the spiderverse thing.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

turboraton posted:

I don't know you guys, but I'm about to give it a shot to this into the spiderverse thing.

good

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Murata should draw Spiderverse Doc Ock.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
This spider verse thing is the tits.

I'm only twenty minutes in

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

turboraton posted:

:hai: I want to see murata fan art of literally every character in that movie

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I want to see Spider-Ham in ONE style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

turboraton posted:

Spiderverse is so good I went and watched that movie like 4 times.

No regrets!