Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

elentar posted:

i, uh

I don't think you need to head all that way to find Duke objectionable as an institution, they were founded on and funded by cancer and they've continually poo poo on the lower classes in Durham, enabling a murderous police force and most recently killing off an urgently needed light rail system

The Mangum murder case was bullshit but it's hardly new for women to get rung up for killing an abusive partner in self-defense, just something that needs to be fought across the board.

Anyway, good on MSU for getting back into it while Zion was out, now let's hope for a good clean second half where both teams are so stricken with guilt for their schools' crimes that they refuse to play and mutually forfeit, advancing Texas Tech to the final automatically

Wasn't texas tech a whites only university until 1990

I don't think there's a good guy in these battles of institutions and I just root for anyone from our impoverished post industrial cities to succeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Honestly, it's a bad look on the FBI that they can take the subway to arrest anyone at Duke or MSU for any number of crimes: illegal payments to players, fake athletic participant enrollments, being Tom Izzo.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The bad guy is all of us for enjoying college sports, which should be abolished

Go green

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
zion is cool as gently caress to watch play so i hope duke beats the school that covered up child molestation and also, equally heinously, welcomed draymond green

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
This is such a loving lazy Duke team that just stays around through shear merit of Zion and the refs, easily the most angering Duke team despite not having Grayson Allen or a Plumlee and despite Zion seeming like an okay enough guy just on shear NCAA fuckery.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Wasn't texas tech a whites only university until 1990

I don't think there's a good guy in these battles of institutions and I just root for anyone from our impoverished post industrial cities to succeed

1990?

I mean, these things can be Googled, their first Black student matriculated in 1961 which is shamefully late but not out of keeping with other schools in former slave states. And they had Latinx and east Asian international students well before then, which not all schools accepted.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The downsides of Kam and RJ on display a lot this game.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

elentar posted:

1990?

I mean, these things can be Googled, their first Black student matriculated in 1961 which is shamefully late but not out of keeping with other schools in former slave states. And they had Latinx and east Asian international students well before then, which not all schools accepted.

My friend I'm joking in a state of humor

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Starting to get why MV is so in love with Zion, dude has strong Karl Malone vibes in my eyes, but I might just be dumb.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Where is the GDT

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
i don't ever remember getting four legitimately great Elite Eight games

Dejan Bimble posted:

My friend I'm joking in a state of humor

all righty, carry on i guess

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
are you kidding me

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Come on that’s unreal.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Jota posted:

zion is cool as gently caress to watch play so i hope duke beats the school that covered up child molestation and also, equally heinously, welcomed draymond green
You just know that Dray sat back and did absolutely nothing when Izzo screamed like a lunatic at him.

Probably Magic posted:

Starting to get why MV is so in love with Zion, dude has strong Karl Malone vibes in my eyes, but I might just be dumb.
Zion looks like a Charles Barkley but stronger and also somehow jumps like Vince Carter.

Theoretically he shouldn't be possible.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Is it just Zion or does Michigan St. suck under the basket? Everytime they have the ball 2 feet away its total hesitation then a missed layup.

e: they should go for dunks lol

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
that ruled

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

That was nasty.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I swear, if another team pisses away its chance to knock out Duke...

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
everyone is getting the bounce, it's crazy

then that dunk

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Crazy Ted posted:

Zion looks like a Charles Barkley but stronger and also somehow jumps like Vince Carter.

Theoretically he shouldn't be possible.

he's lebron james after lebron put on a bunch of weight in the NBA

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

colachute posted:

he's lebron james after lebron put on a bunch of weight in the NBA
Not the same type of player (of course), but physically that's kind of an apt comparison yeah.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Is it just Zion or does Michigan St. suck under the basket? Everytime they have the ball 2 feet away its total hesitation then a missed layup.

e: they should go for dunks lol

It's Zion.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I think the Malone comp for me isn't a tallness thing, but an "Absolute Unit" thing, just totally built without it weighing him down really.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
i bet this was what watching Wilt was like, just another level

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Brolander posted:

i bet this was what watching Wilt was like
I wonder what the opponents' 6'7" center felt like

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This is a crazy good Elite Eight, right? Struggling to remember a comparable weekend at this point in the tourney

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
gently caress this gay earth Spoarty no1!!!!!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

xbilkis posted:

This is a crazy good Elite Eight, right?

yeah

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

xbilkis posted:

This is a crazy good Elite Eight, right?
absofuckinglutely yes

Probably the best in recent history.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
it's kinda stupid how good zion is

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

corn on the cop posted:

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Sometimes, I feel like defenders forget Zion is left handed.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
gently caress this

gently caress Duke

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

xbilkis posted:

This is a crazy good Elite Eight, right? Struggling to remember a comparable weekend at this point in the tourney

Oh Yeah. This is one of the best college basketball weekends I can remember. Probably the best.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Zion making clutch shots is the only way I'll accept a Duke win

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

After a lovely start to the tournament, These last few days have delivered some good stuff.

On the other hand, gently caress Duke.

On the other other hand, Zion.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

corn on the cop posted:

Please please please please please go to any team other than the Knicks

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

if zion isn't perfect evidence of why the one-and-done rule needs to be done and they need to just let these grown rear end men go pro, then i don't think perfect evidence exists.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

If Duke shoots 33% or lower from 3, then I think Texas Tech will have a chance, and UVA certainly will (or maybe Auburn, since they seem blessed by some sort of blood magic). But if they have one of their games where they hit half or more of their 3s plus you're dealing with Zion, then no one touches them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
like i keep thinking in my mind of Zion as "incredible physical specimen who decided to play basketball" and then he makes moves like that and I'm reminded he can hoop.