Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

plainswalker75 posted:

Who's the better T3 option if I don't give a gently caress about ABX, Wolverine or Thor?

Thor has fallen behind a bit, he might get an update when endgame comes out though.
Wolvie is more expensive than thor, and probably more all around useful right now bc of his pvp utility, if thats somethin you care about.
might be worth hoarding mats until endgame, unless you're a THOR SUPERFAN, then by all means, get him to t3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

plainswalker75 posted:

Who's the better T3 option if I don't give a gently caress about ABX, Wolverine or Thor?

i have no idea how wolverine is at t3 but im still gonna say wolverine

thor is pretty good at shadowlands tho i guess

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

T3 Thor is really great at multi-target stuff like ABX and Shadowlands since his lightning just spreads around kicking people's asses you don't even know are there. He's ok at Timeline. Same deal. If you can get the lightning off it has a nice lingering damage that can take most anyone down if caught right. Its fun when Thor gets killed and then his lightning kills the other guy after. But he's like my "everyone else is banned this week" option.

Who knows about Wolverine? I still can't manage to realize his potential. But that debuff leadership plus regeneration and damage boost from T3 seems likely he'll be a tough fight in Timeline.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
T3 Thor kinda wrecks in timelinke but also needs to get the 5 off to survive

Not having a dumb chargeup on his 6 is nice too

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, its timing with Thor in Timeline. If you can get the 5 off you should wreck some poo poo. But if you get caught before then you can die real quick. Never lead with him, try and time it right. My strategy is generally that I want someone in lead who can take a beating either through regeneration or a second life. And if they're having a hard time with someone and my 3rd option isn't ideal to go after them then Thor comes in to try and fry them with lightning. If I time it right, it works and I'm clear. If not things can get ugly.

His 6 is great for how quick it charges and gets unleashed, but like, I rarely have Timeline battles that last long enough for a 6 to charge.

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013
I made a terrible mistake and redownloaded this game and applied to an alliance. Please give me the goods on who are the good characters to spend the bios and selectors they showered me with because the game won’t let me spend them on the characters I actually like. :(

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Sinistral posted:

I made a terrible mistake and redownloaded this game and applied to an alliance. Please give me the goods on who are the good characters to spend the bios and selectors they showered me with because the game won’t let me spend them on the characters I actually like. :(

By redownloaded do you have a bunch of people already or you basically starting from scratch? Can't go wrong with Sharon Rogers if you don't have her yet. At 6* she can carry you through most of the early and mid game, and do some end game stuff at T2. Captain America is great once he's maxed out with an infinity war uniform but you can get him easy from the story missions, so I'd do those but not burn a selector on him. Thor is pretty decent, especially with his ragnarok or infinity war uniforms. Iron Hammer is pretty good from the selectors and doesnt need a uniform. At least at T2 he is good, I didnt have him long enough at T1 to see if he's useful there. Pick your favorite epic quest (Deadpool, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Dr. Strange) and work on it. I think Dr. Strange has the weakest buddies these days and a long grind but he's still pretty good himself. His quest also doesn't require shelling out crystals for Magneto/Psylocke/Invis Woman to get Jean (best char hands down)/Stryfe/Doom. Hulk is solid. Winter Soldier with his infinity war uniform. Loki is good. Those jump out at me looking at my own list, the rest require money or time or both. Feel free to go for chars you like, its hard to go too wrong, though if you want to be sure ask in the thread so we can warn you away from the baddies (Hulkling, Angela, etc).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, id say Sharon Rogers is still the best go to for bio selectors if you just want a strong character who will tank for you and Iron Hammer is a good second choice. After that I guess Loki for the villain but I actually think Morgan Le Fay might be better than him (and doesn't need uniforms) and you can always farm him later.

Cap and Thor are good but they're not only farmable but cheaper to work up than the others. Generally anyone in the first 10 story missions is cheaper to work up so don't waste tickets and selecters on them.

I'd say the Fantastic Four and Deadpool missions produce the strongest characters but they don't produce as many. Not counting the ones you have to get crystals for FF gets you 3 (Torch, Thing, Victorious) and Deadpool the same (Domino, Phantomax, Colossus) while Wolverine will net you four other characters (Rogue, Beast, Storm, Cyclops) and Strange gets you 7 (Mordo, Wong, Ancient One, Kaecilius, Hellstorm, Satana, Clea). So it's kind of a toss up. Pick your favorites and focus on one mission at a time, I say.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, id say Sharon Rogers is still the best go to for bio selectors if you just want a strong character who will tank for you and Iron Hammer is a good second choice. After that I guess Loki for the villain but I actually think Morgan Le Fay might be better than him (and doesn't need uniforms) and you can always farm him later.

Cap and Thor are good but they're not only farmable but cheaper to work up than the others. Generally anyone in the first 10 story missions is cheaper to work up so don't waste tickets and selecters on them.

I'd say the Fantastic Four and Deadpool missions produce the strongest characters but they don't produce as many. Not counting the ones you have to get crystals for FF gets you 3 (Torch, Thing, Victorious) and Deadpool the same (Domino, Phantomax, Colossus) while Wolverine will net you four other characters (Rogue, Beast, Storm, Cyclops) and Strange gets you 7 (Mordo, Wong, Ancient One, Kaecilius, Hellstorm, Satana, Clea). So it's kind of a toss up. Pick your favorites and focus on one mission at a time, I say.

Deadpool is good but I feel like Torch and Victorious absolutely dunk over Domino, Phantomax, and Colossus and except for V they can be gotten with selectors

The 3 muties have a reliable input of selectors from the missions but still take friggin forever unless you burn an X-Gene selector on them and why would you do that

Wolverine is good esp with the uni of course, but the 4 characters are kinda bad. Cyclops is funny on Shadowland since he can just stun forever

The 7 characters are bad, Strange is good in circumstances, I feel like energy can be burned better someplace else?

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 1, 2019

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013
I already had Sharon and Loki at 6* and got about 40% way through the Strange quest from my first foray through the game so good job past me. On the other hand I have a 6* Lincoln Campbell for some reason so who knows.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I’m sure everyone knows but there’s an April fools uniform discount sooooo...what are the must gets? I feel like new ones are gonna hit with Endgame, so I kind of want to avoid movie Avengers just in case

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

hup posted:

I’m sure everyone knows but there’s an April fools uniform discount sooooo...what are the must gets? I feel like new ones are gonna hit with Endgame, so I kind of want to avoid movie Avengers just in case

Captain Marvel and Sharon Rogers are top tier if you don't have them yet. I think all of the other must-haves are going to be in Endgame.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

This time last year they gave put a Tier 2 selector. It had like seven days time limit from when it went into my inventory but I got to use it around the time Infinity War came out.
At that stage I ended up using it on Starlord as I didn't have him at Tier 2 and I knew he was getting an IW costume. It made him totally amazeballs.
Basically costumes from IW and Captain Marvel made a whole bunch of lames (Bucky, War Machine, CM, Ronan) into Games.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

"Retro Mode" coming soon.

Looks like it's basically a 'lovely graphics filter' so you can play ironically.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Probably their April Fools joke.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

It's been there for a couple days, I think.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I first noticed it late last night which would have been April 1st in Korea already, but it was so low effort I decided not to post about it. They could have at least drawn a few more cartoon costumes, badly, or something.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Is it just the Hilarious Ads because I would play with it

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was legitimately looking for a way to switch to 8 bit mode last night just for the fun of it.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I would absolutely use an 8-bit filter. Relive the childhood nostalgia of my days playing mobile F2P games on my NES.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I would absolutely use an 8-bit filter. Relive the childhood nostalgia of my days playing mobile F2P games on my NES.

Every game is F2P when your parents are buying them

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm having a lot of fun with the new Shadowlands just giving myself challenges. Like last week I wanted to save all my big guns for post 30 floors so I tried to use as many scrubs as I could and ended up doing poo poo I had no idea I could. Who knew Angel was a beast? Here's my scrub clear lineup.

This week I switched up and tried to save as many T2s as possible for the end. I ended up getting to like Floor 14 without needing a T2 and I think I got to 20 before I had to use more than 2 or 3 total. It was cool.

I'm on Floor 42 now and have by my count 74 T2/3s left. I've used three on every floor so 11x3=33+74=107 T2/3s. I have 132 total T2/3s so I managed to clear the first 30 Shadowland floors using 25 T2s. I'm kind of proud of that but now I want to see if I can beat it. Seems like if I had just used my big guns on the tough last few floors I should have been able to do it in less.

I don't know how long this will last but I'm having fun with it right now.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Any bio selectors in the higher level prizes? I get bored slogging through the usual 15 I do for selectors.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It's random prize boxes after floor 30. I haven't gotten anything much better that 5* isos, cards or Urus.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Man I got in right at the reset and still got forced onto being on the Inhuman side. I don't think I've ever not been forced onto the Inhuman side in one of these events.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Was about to come in and ask about that, I take it the sides are pop capped?

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

My understanding is that some people get to choose. If the sides get too unbalanced it gets locked, and people are forced into one side or the other. I think I've gotten to chose like twice in however many years this has been running.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I was forced into inhumans the first two times, then surprisingly had to pick X-Men this time. Logged in a couple hours after reset and they must have forced enough into inhumans to have to swing back the other way.

How is Sabertooth at T2, did anyone whale him up? Since he can take down a teens SL at 4x15 I was thinking of waiting until they inevitably put him on sale at some point so I can save up crystals for Endgame stuff instead.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

bagrada posted:

I was forced into inhumans the first two times, then surprisingly had to pick X-Men this time. Logged in a couple hours after reset and they must have forced enough into inhumans to have to swing back the other way.

How is Sabertooth at T2, did anyone whale him up? Since he can take down a teens SL at 4x15 I was thinking of waiting until they inevitably put him on sale at some point so I can save up crystals for Endgame stuff instead.

I figured he was worth a Tier 2 mega ticket. He's good. I wrecked a few levels of Proxima Midnight with him and he destroyed a level 30+ floor of Shadowlands. He's like a harder hitting version of Wolverine without a uniform.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

I figured he was worth a Tier 2 mega ticket. He's good. I wrecked a few levels of Proxima Midnight with him and he destroyed a level 30+ floor of Shadowlands. He's like a harder hitting version of Wolverine without a uniform.

Nice I was thinking he'd be on par with Killmonger and wasn't expecting him to be anywhere near X-23 or Wolvie.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I dont get faction war, how can people have multiple thousands of points

Are they burning massive amounts in crystals for energy and event resets

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Probably. I don't care about it. Just collect the rewards and shrug.

Did we all know the Torch is awesome? I was loving around and took down Ebony 30 with him.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeah torch is quite good and he did fall through the cracks a bit

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Any word on where wolverine ranks on the T3 scale?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I will never know because I will NEVER be able to get his Realize Potential number to 100%!

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I finally got him to level 70 and everything, but I forgot that he needs 1200 cosmic cube fragments so it'll be a bit before I actually get to T3 him. I'm probably going to end up holding off to see if there are any other really strong T3's from Endgame though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm expecting Thanos to get the big bump for Endgame. No one seems to really make sense as the "star" who isn't already T3.

But maybe we'll get T3 Nebula, Rocket, and Hawkeye.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah level 70 for them and any new chars, t3 for thanos only. They've been pretty tight with t3s so far.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, its a pretty steady pattern of one T3 and the rest up the updates get Level 70. So Hawkeye seems a lock for 70 and a costume and I imagine Nebula will get it and maybe the rest of the "dead" Guardians who didn't get it at Infinity War. And does Hulk have 70? If not he'll get it and probably a new costume. Maybe new costumes for Cap/Widow/Iron Man/Thor even though we just got them. And anyone new who might pop up. Maybe they'll bump random secondary movie characters like Wong or Shuri? But they have BP and Strange sequels coming so they'll get the bumps then.

We might get some big new game mode or something since its gonna like up with v5 and the Anniversary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

]So Hawkeye seems a lock for 70 and a costume]

S tier Hawkeye incoming