Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It came out that even if he hadn't had to leave due to the leukemia he would not have wanted to go, yes. Seriouspost, the timing is kind of convenient, it's easy for WWE to leak in hindsight that Roman didn't want to go to babyface him up for his comeback. But I'd like to believe it means he just won't go for the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You're kidding right? They've run NO AUTOMATIC REMATCH CLAUSES into the ground, they're not going to run Roman/Seth for the title, Drew is by far the best heel challenger available, and you could easily have Roman/Drew rematch for #1 contender, Corbin costs Roman, Drew wins, both matches set up.

I'm not kidding at all. I suppose you could do some dumb poo poo where Corbin costs Roman the Mania match and then have Drew take on Seth for the belt. But outside of a gently caress finish I don't see a situation where they let Roman lose.

My gut says if Roman was still out, Seth would win the title, but as it is, they know a Roman win over Seth won't go well for them, so they'll just leave the belt on Lesnar to eventually put it back onto Roman.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Djarum posted:

WWE loves loving over foreigners. I am sure the way they have treated Asuka will resinate with all the other Joshi women

500+ day undefeated NXT streak, Rumble winner, world title

quote:

I am pretty sure with the way they have treated all the luchadores that they will have lost a generation out of Mexico if not longer.

Garza Jr on the way, Hijo del Phantasmo not far behind. I will say they wasted two years of Gran Metallik's prime and that's unforgivable.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm not kidding at all. I suppose you could do some dumb poo poo where Corbin costs Roman the Mania match and then have Drew take on Seth for the belt. But outside of a gently caress finish I don't see a situation where they let Roman lose.

My gut says if Roman was still out, Seth would win the title, but as it is, they know a Roman win over Seth won't go well for them, so they'll just leave the belt on Lesnar to eventually put it back onto Roman.

I would normally agree with at least the second paragraph but Seth is SO over, and they're going in so hard on the Beastslayer branding. Most notably, if they REALLY wanted to pivot right back to Roman so quickly I feel like they would have just done it already and gone Triple Threat or something.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Chris James 2 posted:

Card subject to change etc.

Extreme Rules ad promoting Reigns/Corbin and Seth/Drew

Thought you meant a tag match.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I would normally agree with at least the second paragraph but Seth is SO over, and they're going in so hard on the Beastslayer branding. Most notably, if they REALLY wanted to pivot right back to Roman so quickly I feel like they would have just done it already and gone Triple Threat or something.

On Raw after Mania Seth gonna be like "I slayed the King, I slayed the Beast, what's next?" And then he clocks Roman with the belt and says "Next I slay the Big Dog!" And he rips off his shirt to reveal a hidden Dogslayer tshirt

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

On Raw after Mania Seth gonna be like "I slayed the King, I slayed the Beast, what's next?" And then he clocks Roman with the belt and says "Next I slay the Big Dog!" And he rips off his shirt to reveal a hidden Dogslayer tshirt

It’ll be hard to hide a Michael Vick jersey under a shirt

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

They finally have the crowd on Roman's side. They're a very dumb company, but they're not going to do something that makes the crowd resent Roman now that they like him.

Seth is very over and I don't think they hate him or anything, but their eggs are firmly in the Roman Reigns basket and I'm fully confident that anything done with Seth from this point into the immediate future will be done to minimize crowd resentment in the transition back to Roman.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

They finally have the crowd on Roman's side. They're a very dumb company, but they're not going to do something that makes the crowd resent Roman now that they like him.

Seth is very over and I don't think they hate him or anything, but their eggs are firmly in the Roman Reigns basket and I'm fully confident that anything done with Seth from this point into the immediate future will be done to minimize crowd resentment in the transition back to Roman.

But the crowd is smart enough to know now that they'd know what a Brock win is. That WOULD transfer the resentment to Roman. Guaranteed if Seth loses and Roman comes out the next night to challenge Brock they'll boo the poo poo out of him. Watch.

You're right about a lot of things but they need to be very careful with this. Seth needs to win the title and at least have something of a run with it. If they do that they'll be fine. If they don't they'll make a two-time cancer survivor probably the most hated guy in the company.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

:allears:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

They're a very dumb company, but they're not going to

this is almost admirable at this point :wow:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

this is almost admirable at this point :wow:

For the record that's exactly why I said "if they were going right back to Roman they would have by now", precisely BECAUSE they give that little of a gently caress. I think it says a lot that they had Roman say in a promo "the shot is yours". I'm not saying Seth is The Guy now, but I am saying I think they're giving Seth a non-nothing top run now, even if just as a thank you for holding poo poo down while Roman was out.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The smartest move would be to have Drew lose to Roman at Mania for the pop, but have Drew go over Roman after in a couple of escalating stipulation matches to make himself #contender, take the belt off Rollins, then go over Brock himself in a title defense at Summerslam. THEN you have Roman come back at Drew for his revenge and the belt.

This gives Seth a solid 3-5 month run, makes Drew a top heel worthy of his push, and should actually make people want to see Roman beat him.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Mob posted:

500+ day undefeated NXT streak, Rumble winner, world title

Garza Jr on the way, Hijo del Phantasmo not far behind. I will say they wasted two years of Gran Metallik's prime and that's unforgivable.

500+ undefeated streak on the C-show where Vince isn't in charge, won the rumble to put over Charlotte, and was barely on TV as champ.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

PASS THE MASH posted:

It’ll be hard to hide a Michael Vick jersey under a shirt

Nice.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinia posted:

The smartest move would be to have Drew lose to Roman at Mania for the pop, but have Drew go over Roman after in a couple of escalating stipulation matches to make himself #contender, take the belt off Rollins, then go over Brock himself in a title defense at Summerslam. THEN you have Roman come back at Drew for his revenge and the belt.

This gives Seth a solid 3-5 month run, makes Drew a top heel worthy of his push, and should actually make people want to see Roman beat him.

Yep. Nailed it. That said I don't have much faith beyond Seth winning and holding the title for a month or two, but I do think at least that much will happen.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Meltzer on the tag title pictures for WM:

quote:

So yet another WrestleMania update. It will not be (unless things change tomorrow) The Revival vs. Aleister Black & Ricochet at WrestleMania. Right now that match on Raw is designed to build to a different title defense and have a way to get a new program going. The Revival's title defense was added to the show on Tuesday to replace the Smackdown women's title match. The Usos are defending the Smackdown tag titles in a multiple person match at Mania. We don't know who the teams will be, but do know that in an internal lineup before the changes that were made this past Tuesday, it was a four-team match with Usos, Black & Ricochet, Big E & Xavier Woods and Sheamus & Cesaro. However, on house shows this weekend, which one would think would be getting guys comfortable, you had Rusev & Nakamura in with the Usos and Bar. Rusev & Nakamura haven't been announced for the Battle Royal, nor have Black & Ricochet. With Black & Ricochet having two non-title wins over The Revival, they would make the most sense for Sunday, except we're told that is not happening now.

What the gently caress is this entire thing? :psyduck:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mob posted:

gently caress, WWE is gonna sign/hoard/waste King Cuerno? That makes me very sad.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Please learn from NJPW and make Wrestlemania a two day show if they're going to pile on this much poo poo TIA vince and hunter

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

Meltzer on the tag title pictures for WM:

What the gently caress is this entire thing? :psyduck:

I figured E and Woods were winning the tag belts so the New Day could celebrate with a belt each as part of Kofi's thing?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Gaz-L posted:

I figured E and Woods were winning the tag belts so the New Day could celebrate with a belt each as part of Kofi's thing?

It’ll be a swerve. Bryan vs Big E, because Kofi “wasn’t getting another chance” and Vince saying “can a B+ player beat the WWE Champion” could easily be one of the B+ tag team being put in the match.

Just speculation though.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the answer is yes because the belt is meaningless especially when jinder mahal got to be a long term champion.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

jinder is the champion that defines the belt so really his reign was the only time it had meaning

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's the old belt. It's the weed belt now.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

If The New Day dont freebird the Championship after Kofi wins it, what are gently caress are we doing here people?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

super macho dude posted:

If The New Day dont freebird the Championship after Kofi wins it, what are gently caress are we doing here people?

Trying not to kill what little credibility the title has?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a vince mcmahon product having the quality of being trusted and believed in.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Looking forward to 20 5-minute matches with 10-minute intros each

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I mean the truck monkey's work is often the best thing about wm

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Gaz-L posted:

Trying not to kill what little credibility the title has?

You say that like Big E doesn't deserve the belt either

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So with them apparently unifying the women's rosters, is there any word on what that means for the men, if anything? I've thought since they split the brands again that they should probably keep the women's roster whole because it's not deep enough but God I hope they don't do the same across the board.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

flatluigi posted:

You say that like Big E doesn't deserve the belt either

Oh, he does. I actually thought he was going to be the one in the chamber when they said it was one of New Day, but freebirding a singles belt is the single dumbest thing wrestlegoons keep suggesting. It's the kind of thing we'd laugh at TNA doing.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So with them apparently unifying the women's rosters, is there any word on what that means for the men, if anything? I've thought since they split the brands again that they should probably keep the women's roster whole because it's not deep enough but God I hope they don't do the same across the board.

Stephanie was very careful when she made that announcement apparently? And WWE's just advertising it as "Winner Take All", not a unification match. I think its more likely whoever wins will just be pulling double duty at the PPVs going forward, until they drop one of the titles. Especially with FOX and the brand split.

Just something to keep in mind is that the first PPV after Wrestlemania this year is Money in the Bank. And if the champ is pulling double duty, that makes them ripe for a fairly quick cash in. I could easily see the cash in happening either the same night (MITB) or the next PPV.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All the scoopsmen are saying it's actually just whoever gets pinned loses their title to whoever pins them.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
If that's still the plan, Stephanie definitely phrased it badly. And "One woman will win all the gold... except Becky, the only babyface in the match, because she can't win both belts" is a monumentally stupid gimmick.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, "Winner Takes All" is definitely not the same as "Title Unification", but its also very much not the same as "One Title Changes Hands, And Actually There's a Scenario Where No Titles Change Hands Because That Would Be Amazingly AntiClimactic, And Actually When You Think About It This Stipulation Just Kind of Screws the Face."

If the latter is the case that's just Stephanie/WWE being lying bastards again to call it "Winner Takes All." And that would be silly when you can just have the winner drop one of the belts a month from now.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

In typical WWE fashion, they are timely in appropriating an Irish fighter being being "Champ Champ". Lest we forget the flip side of a McMahon rocket push is running that poo poo into the ground. Lynch over? Make her work twice as hard instead of building two stars, with the added benefit of burning the fans out on Becky altogether.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1112877224439549954

Press release apparently. Both titles will be on the line, winner take all.

Which begs the question...why didn't they just add Asuka into the match? Why take the title off of her if this was going to be the plan? I mean this entire feud is already a massive clusterfuck as it is. Adding in Asuka wouldn't be hard. You could have had her just come out and stake her claim to the main event.

...I know the answer already. It's WWE.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

Stephanie was very careful when she made that announcement apparently? And WWE's just advertising it as "Winner Take All", not a unification match. I think its more likely whoever wins will just be pulling double duty at the PPVs going forward, until they drop one of the titles. Especially with FOX and the brand split.

Just something to keep in mind is that the first PPV after Wrestlemania this year is Money in the Bank. And if the champ is pulling double duty, that makes them ripe for a fairly quick cash in. I could easily see the cash in happening either the same night (MITB) or the next PPV.

That's a good point. Has there been any further word about whether or not Fox wants the split? I mean I could see it either way. On the one hand I could see them wanting all the stars. On the other, there's no loving way they'd want to be Raw Part 2 which they would be with a unified roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The brand split loving sucks and is the reason PPV cards get so bloated now.