Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

AFewBricksShy posted:

I got your info, it will be in the mail tomorrow. I’m also including a random card I had as a novelty book mark so enjoy that and when you’re done pass the book on to another goon.

Will do! :salute:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
The random card is a full-color Goatse print, I bet.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Xenomrph posted:

Goons are the best. :3:

gently caress it, if there’s, like, 9 people reading this thread who’d be interested in cheap copies of ‘Labyrinth’, I’ll buy up one of the bulk lots on eBay and send them out to whoever wants one for the cost of shipping plus like $1 or something. I don’t want to do this if there’s only like 2 people interested, but if there’s more than 10 people I can grab up a second bulk lot. I guess post here and/or shoot me a PM if you’re interested.

Just a reminder on this so I can do a final head count and know if I need to buy both bulk lots or not. If you’re interested and haven’t spoken up yet, please do so now. :)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want some comics. Specifically labyrinth.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Xenomrph posted:

Just a reminder on this so I can do a final head count and know if I need to buy both bulk lots or not. If you’re interested and haven’t spoken up yet, please do so now. :)

Yo

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The Alien: Containment short just dropped. I'll reserve judgement on the story until I've watched it again, but note that the ability for people to create movie-quality VFX on their home PC while budget limits their real-world production values to "a room decorated with surplus plane parts" is noticeable.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I mean, that’s all the Nostromo was, just a buncha plane parts

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Xenomrph posted:

i am really keen but live in australia. so postage might be a lil crazy

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

alf_pogs posted:

i am really keen but live in australia. so postage might be a lil crazy

I have a friend who lives in Australia who is snagging a copy, so I can get you a shipping quote based on him if you want.

I mean I’m going to have 20 copies and at this point I think 11 or 12 are spoken for at this point, I’ll do another head count later.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Xenomrph posted:

I have a friend who lives in Australia who is snagging a copy, so I can get you a shipping quote based on him if you want.

I mean I’m going to have 20 copies and at this point I think 11 or 12 are spoken for at this point, I’ll do another head count later.

legend!! count me in then. <3

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Yeah, the effects and production design were subpar. But it's amazing how excited I can get just at a short film set in this universe.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

CelticPredator posted:

I mean, that’s all the Nostromo was, just a buncha plane parts

Yeah but having a budget and good art direction goes a long way.

Containment was ok, not really the most interesting plot and the visual effects are pretty god drat bad. Over all though, for what it is? Not bad.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Here's a head-count of who's claimed a copy of Labyrinth. If you don't see your name here and it should be, please scream at me - in space no one can hear you scream, but I'll hear you just fine in this thread. I've still got 1 open slot!

1. Xenomrph
2. SiL
3. Celtic Predator
4. oldpainless
5. alf_pogs
6. Sentient Data
7. Riatsala
8. MacheteZombie
9. MrMojok
10. WatermelonGun
11. MisterSpeaker
12. Pennywise the Frown
13. Linux Pirate
14. Code Jockey
15. l33tfuzzbox
16. Class Warcraft
17. MonsieurChoc
18. Leavemywife
19. mllaneza

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Apr 1, 2019

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

Here's a head-count of who's claimed a copy of Labyrinth. If you don't see your name here and it should be, please scream at me - in space no one can hear you scream, but I'll hear you just fine in this thread. I've still got 6 open slots!

1. Xenomrph
2. SiL
3. Celtic Predator
4. oldpainless
5. alf_pogs
6. Sentient Data
7. Riatsala
8. MacheteZombie
9. MrMojok
10. WatermelonGun
11. MisterSpeaker
12. Pennywise the Frown
13. Linux Pirate
14. Code Jockey

I'm down for a copy. I have the digest sized omnis but this would be nice. No platinum though.

Sheano at gmail

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

l33tfuzzbox posted:

I'm down for a copy. I have the digest sized omnis but this would be nice. No platinum though.

Sheano at gmail

You got it! I'm on the list for a copy for the same reason - I've got the omnibus and I gave my old trade paperback copy away to a goon years ago, and I've been jonesing to get a replacement ever since.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yeah but having a budget and good art direction goes a long way.

Containment was ok, not really the most interesting plot and the visual effects are pretty god drat bad. Over all though, for what it is? Not bad.

Oh yeah it’s not good. It’s too overly lit visually. Story wise it’s really boring and not at all suspenseful.

I dunno. I don’t think there’s gonna be a good one here. It’s gonna be just a bunch of reshashed plots and ideas and not try anything unique.

I’d loving love an Alien Anthology series though. Get loving weeeeeird with it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

CelticPredator posted:

I dunno. I don’t think there’s gonna be a good one here. It’s gonna be just a bunch of reshashed plots and ideas and not try anything unique.

There probably won't be, but it's neat these small time directors and actors got to work with such a big license though I'm curious how much liberty they're allowed with the license. If they were given free reign maybe we'll get something more interesting but I feel like, being Alien, there's corporate fuckery (it's only fitting anyway).

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Most Alien fans NEED to have the films fit into a ridged canonical framework or whatever, so it wouldn't surprise me if not one of them took a chance on their own accord. AvPGalaxy got on my nerves after a month of returning. Not to mention the weird racism/sexism that I see bubble up here and there. I said lore isn't the reason why The Predator was bad, and imo lore isn't important at all, but that really got under their skin so whatever.

Anyway, I'm just mad I missed my chance. I hope they do it again because I think my Alien as suicide bomb could be pretty fun.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'd be down but I'm a broke student so I'm not sure I could afford the shipping costs.

Unless they're really cheap. :shrug:

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'd be down but I'm a broke student so I'm not sure I could afford the shipping costs.

I'll pay your shipping costs, just let me know

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm aiming for media mail shipping (which is mega cheap) unless individual people want something classier.

IrvingWashington posted:

I'll pay your shipping costs, just let me know
Speaking of classy...

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

gently caress yeah! :)

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Is it too late to get in on this?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Leavemywife posted:

Is it too late to get in on this?

Nope, still got 3 copies unclaimed!

The ebay seller hasn't shipped the bulk lots out yet; I'm not going to be asking for shipping addresses or money or anything until after I have the books in-hand and I make sure they're not in poo poo condition or something.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’ll take the bad condition ones. I’m bad at taking care of books.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

is the alien megathread the best thread on the forums? survey says yes

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

alf_pogs posted:

is the alien megathread the best thread on the forums? survey says yes

It’s certainly up there.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Xenomrph posted:

Nope, still got 3 copies unclaimed!

The ebay seller hasn't shipped the bulk lots out yet; I'm not going to be asking for shipping addresses or money or anything until after I have the books in-hand and I make sure they're not in poo poo condition or something.

I'll go in for one to read and re-gift.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
https://twitter.com/_BladeRunner_/status/1112529530311184384

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Probably no better way to hide the fact you own a PT Cruiser

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Somehow I missed a person in my head-count; all 20 copies of Labyrinth are now claimed, but I can do a waiting list if people change their minds!

1. Xenomrph
2. SiL
3. Celtic Predator
4. oldpainless
5. alf_pogs
6. Sentient Data
7. Riatsala
8. MacheteZombie
9. MrMojok
10. WatermelonGun
11. MisterSpeaker
12. Pennywise the Frown
13. Linux Pirate
14. Code Jockey
15. l33tfuzzbox
16. Class Warcraft
17. MonsieurChoc
18. Leavemywife
19. mllaneza
20. Vim Fuego

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I like Sil. Always have since I’ve been on Galaxy Tell them to come here. SM too.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

Somehow I missed a person in my head-count; all 20 copies of Labyrinth are now claimed, but I can do a waiting list if people change their minds!

I haven't read the thread in a while and missed out on this, put me on the waiting list if you get any more xenobro.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CelticPredator posted:

I like Sil. Always have since I’ve been on Galaxy Tell them to come here. SM too.
SM knows his poo poo when it comes to Alien, but he's up his own rear end a little bit sometimes. Also he's got me on ignore over drama from *checks notes* 15ish years ago when I was an idiot highschool student and still hasn't gotten over it. :shrug:

McSpanky posted:

I haven't read the thread in a while and missed out on this, put me on the waiting list if you get any more xenobro.
Can do!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fanboys are dumb as poo poo.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
All this talk about Labyrinth caused me to break out my copy and reconfirm that I don’t like I that much, so if somebody wants mine I’ll mail it. Just give it to somebody else when you’re done (or keep it forever if you love it, whatever, just don’t be a jerk and sell it). Is the first on the waiting list McSpanky?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Yeah, McSpanky is the first one on the waiting list.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Xenomrph posted:

Yeah, McSpanky is the first one on the waiting list.
pm sent

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

What is Labyrinth and why do so many people want it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s the best alien comic. It’s been my favorite since I was a kid.