Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Nodosaur posted:

Whether the show comes back or not, that’s his own drat business. He’s not under any obligation to divulge anything.

I never said it wasn't! Just trying to explain where the perception might stem from, geez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

amigolupus posted:

I gotta say, there's something oddly hilarious of you bringing up Barbara now being wheelchair-bound juxtaposed with your avatar of Sideshow Bob licking a foot. :v:

I miss my avatar of Fry eating pancakes :smith:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I mean if you're looking at animated adaptions in particular (because this is that thread) then Death of Superman and Judas Contract are both at 3 now, which is probably too many times for any story to be retold, honestly.

Judas Contract has been done in the Teen Titans cartoon, the animated movie, Teen Titans Go, and apparently now Young Justice, so that's four times. :sigh: I would not be surprised at all if the live-action Titans show does an arc based on it, too.

I can't entirely blame them for revisiting that well so many times, even if it is pretty lazy. It's the most famous Teen Titans storyline from the comics, and the only one I've ever really heard anyone talk about much, so I can get different animation groups all wanting to put their own spin on things. Still sucks, though.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

does the TTG version count as doing it when Terra shows up, is obviously evil, never really acts otherwise, and more or less the whole joke is built around Beast Boy not seeing the forest for the trees?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Even if it's played as a joke, it still counts! :v:

Heck, I'd even argue TTG To The Movies draws some influence from it.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I was around to read it as it came out (my older brother bought the comics) and I still don't get why Judas contract is a story people think is worth retelling.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Scaramouche posted:

I was around to read it as it came out (my older brother bought the comics) and I still don't get why Judas contract is a story people think is worth retelling.

For a while it seemed to be the only Titans story people remembered along with Terror of Trigon.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

The blandness continues.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-rising-three-new-specials-announced/

My roommate says that Marvel Rising is as "bland and boring as a boneless, skinless chicken breast baked in an oven". I agree with him.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The animation quality will obviously be poo poo tier, but

https://twitter.com/shadowandact/status/1112867295255281666?s=19

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I haven't watched it yet, but for fellow people who can't help themselves the riri marvel rising movie is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V07uH-90ak

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/susaneisenberg1/status/1113985472043208709

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

site posted:

I haven't watched it yet, but for fellow people who can't help themselves the riri marvel rising movie is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V07uH-90ak

I just skimmed through, but uh

bland and boring would describe this pretty well.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Aces High posted:

I miss my avatar of Fry eating pancakes :smith:

You...could buy it back?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Yvonmukluk posted:

You...could buy it back?

Aces High confirmed to be conspiring against Lowtax's spine.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
what the fuuuuuuuuck why havent i heard about this before?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ntd_1o9i_U

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

site posted:

Kamala's fan fictions are leaking out into the real world.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Why are we getting that marvel rising dollar bin crap while Japan is getting legit anime

We're getting screwed

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

site posted:

The giant croc should have gone "Grooooonk!" as it went flying. :colbert:

So much better than the bland Marvel Animation efforts though, hard agree. Let us know if the show is actually any good if you check it out, though Disk Wars suggests not.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Disk Wars was pretty decent. There’s been far worse Marvel cartoons.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
like Marvel Rising.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
:yosnice:

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Nodosaur posted:

Disk Wars was pretty decent. There’s been far worse Marvel cartoons.

I recall it having some moments here and there, and it did have an entire multi-episode arc around Surge which I appreciated plus a surprisingly risque Deadpool, but otherwise I can barely remember anything about it beyond some neat costume redesigns* and occasional fun appearances of characters who hadn't appeared enough in this kind of thing then. I do remember that the kids were really uninteresting however.

*Kawaii Rocket! :3:

Some of the redesigns were less cute/successful...

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I rather enjoyed it. I didn't mind the kids either, but then I watch a lot of Japanese kidvid stuff.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Metalshark posted:

The giant croc should have gone "Grooooonk!" as it went flying. :colbert:

So much better than the bland Marvel Animation efforts though, hard agree. Let us know if the show is actually any good if you check it out, though Disk Wars suggests not.

I did find a :filez: so I'm gonna check it out after i finish mob psycho

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Checked out the new Justice League movie the other day, it was okay. Felt like a classic Justice League episode, not like A Better World or The Great Brain Robbery, but like Dark Heart.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Seeing avengers members yell out move names gives me flashbacks to marvel vs capcom

E: i wish the end credits song was on YouTube, it's so cheesy i need it to show up in the mcu movies

site fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 7, 2019

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Yvonmukluk posted:

You...could buy it back?

Really? I thought when your avatar was replaced the old one was gone for good

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Aces High posted:

Nah, check out sick forum trickzzzz (there used to be a site that found them much easier but I guess it's defunct.)

e: lol never mind tried it on yours and got nothing, I guess the very coding on this lovely website hates you.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 7, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I was just recommended https://www.muddledmuse.com/saars/ for looking up old avs

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Aces High posted:

Well if you had the old way one saved somewhere. Or you know, just remake it and rebuy it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

I was just recommended https://www.muddledmuse.com/saars/ for looking up old avs

Doesn't work anymore (tried a whole bunch of usernames). Unless something's extremely hosed on my end, I guess.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I saw Justice League Dark was on Hulu and fell asleep watching it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

TwoPair posted:

Doesn't work anymore (tried a whole bunch of usernames). Unless something's extremely hosed on my end, I guess.

Oh okay nm sorry

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Please stop lying to poor Aces High. It's well known that this dead, crappy forum's one great power is to completely remove an image from the internet if an avatar is ever changed.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So I'm up to episode 6 in the future avengers anime and...I kinda like it??? It's extremely shonen anime, with the plot obviously revolving around the kids and not the avengers themselves, but so far the story isn't bad (or maybe I'm just too used to anime tropes now). It's kinda amusing to see which enemies from the rogues gallery are used as the kids level up and there's already been some good hero cameos. The animation is actually good for once, and Janet's on the team (!) like in emh. I wish it wasn't using the avengers assemble voice actors though.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

TheHan posted:

Checked out the new Justice League movie the other day, it was okay. Felt like a classic Justice League episode, not like A Better World or The Great Brain Robbery, but like Dark Heart.

If you cut out all the filler it'd make a pretty decent 2-parter of JLU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

420 Gank Mid posted:

If you cut out all the filler it'd make a pretty decent 2-parter of JLU

It's really sad that that qualifies as pretty high praise compared to most of their DTV stuff.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I wish they'd stop making these middling DTV movies and just pour the money into reviving JLU.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I wish they'd stop making these middling DTV movies and just pour the money into reviving JLU.

No, it ran its course, ended on a high note, let it rest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Future avengers has a Stan lee cameo so it may be the best animated show now