Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Apocalypse?
This poll is closed.
conquest 212 19.26%
war 244 22.16%
famine 353 32.06%
death 292 26.52%
Total: 733 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

can we be the tunnel snakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
oh hey they finally put The Decline on spotify

TOOK THEM LONG ENOUGH

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Gotta love radiant ai!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

smarxist posted:

hosed up, Abe says we're now in the "post arf jason era"

arf jason era

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

smarxist posted:

i'm having them burned onto gold plates and sealed inside some kind of powerful lacquer to make sure some alien dudes can get down on lmaos

edit:
the question of how to handle preservation of humanity's footprint on an interstellar scale/timeline explored in Three Body Problem was so loving horrifyingly depressing

This is a really good idea, the aliens are going to love it

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

afr jason derulo

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

in it, voted 5

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

smarxist posted:

hosed up, Abe says we're now in the "post arf jason era"

as opposed to the "arf jason post era" we just left

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/c3cNHUP.png

:nws:

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

is this the new turpm thread?

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Piggy Smalls posted:

is this the new turpm thread?

tutnp

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
trump?

animist
Aug 28, 2018

smarxist posted:

the question of how to handle preservation of humanity's footprint on an interstellar scale/timeline explored in Three Body Problem was so loving horrifyingly depressing

quote:

"At this point in my career, I could go out with a grand, 21-gun salute, and climb into a rocket and the entire Supreme Court walks out and they jointly press a button, I’m shot up into the air and there’s an explosion and it’s orange and it spells, 'Good night and God love,'" Conan O'Brien said. "In this culture? Two years later, it’s going to be, 'Who’s Conan?' This is going to sound grim, but eventually, all our graves go unattended."

You’re right, that does sound grim.

Sorry. Calvin Coolidge was a pretty popular president. I’ve been to his grave in Vermont. It has the presidential seal on it. Nobody was there. And by the way, I’m the only late-night host that has been to Calvin Coolidge’s grave. I think that's what separates me from the other hosts.

I had a great conversation with Albert Brooks once. When I met him for the first time, I was kind of stammering. I said, you make movies, they live on forever. I just do these late-night shows, they get lost, they’re never seen again and who cares? And he looked at me and he said, [Albert Brooks voice] “What are you talking about? None of it matters.” None of it matters? “No, that’s the secret. In 1940, people said Clark Gable is the face of the 20th Century. Who [expletive] thinks about Clark Gable? It doesn’t matter. You’ll be forgotten. I’ll be forgotten. We’ll all be forgotten.”

Somehow, though, this bleak thought-spiral apparently doesn't get O'Brien down. As he put it, it actually gives him a sense of relief. "It’s so funny because you’d think that would depress me," he said. "I was walking on air after that."

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

:jiggled: Donald :jiggled: John :jiggled: Trump :jiggled: Monday :jiggled:

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
For the love of the game...

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

can I stop trupmint yet?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

things would be so much easier for literally everyone if we didn't play the fool's game of legacy building and preserving one's name/contributions for the future -_-

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

jemand posted:

can I stop trupmint yet?

nobody can stop trumpin'
he'll always be dumpin'
filling his pants with poo poo
and we all have to watch it.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Albert Brooks was just a stage name. His real name was Albert Einstein

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i guess grand human projects in the interest of legacy building have contributed materially to our development and understanding of sciences and technology and poo poo, but if in the pursuit of that you have to create systemic murder and death, i feel like more of us should be like "holy gently caress, go back we hosed up somewhere"

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Admiral Ray posted:

nobody can stop trumpin'
he'll always be dumpin'
filling his pants with poo poo
and we all have to watch it.

:( :( :( :( :(

.... but I'm soooo tired.

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

maybe qa quick sleep break, then back to tr;ipn' ?

animist
Aug 28, 2018

smarxist posted:

i guess grand human projects in the interest of legacy building have contributed materially to our development and understanding of sciences and technology and poo poo, but if in the pursuit of that you have to create systemic murder and death, i feel like more of us should be like "holy gently caress, go back we hosed up somewhere"

i've always thought the universe is a pretty good joke. mean-spirited, but a gut-buster when you get down to it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the best intro to a clip show ever? oh you betcha

https://twitter.com/SimpsonsQOTD/status/1112601141509083137

animist
Aug 28, 2018
anyway night trunmp thread

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/baxbooksdeux/status/1112574836256104449

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

hearing reports from delware 69 daily news reporter nichael carpet saying that joe biden's hands were severed in a car accident

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

jalepeno and cheddar smoked sausage sounds good as hell, but i cant imagine buying this solely because of the branding

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

A Handed Missus posted:

hearing reports from delware 69 daily news reporter nichael carpet saying that joe biden's hands were severed in a car accident

Was he molesting the car at the time?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Finicums Wake posted:

jalepeno and cheddar smoked sausage sounds good as hell, but i cant imagine buying this solely because of the branding

what I’m hearing is America isn’t advertised at you hard enough yet

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Posting on page sweet sixteen of historic April 2019 trump threadf

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Finicums Wake posted:

what if it was gamer food brand jalapeno and cheddar smoked sausage

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

trump

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
im watching the new season of santa clarita diet, which is fun.

and if i ever have a child well another child who isn't a living monument to my failed marriage, i hope that when they tell me they blew up a fracking site my reaction will be one of praise and love and also slightly hinting that i will only love them if they are gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i tire of the internet