Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boogiepop
Sep 24, 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0MnwO_Ebzc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I knew they put in that half-finished player moveset for a reason, this looks great.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

Virgil somehow managed to father a child. Dante has never made it to a second date- he's basically Johnny Bravo.

I can't believe there's no Dante/Johnny Bravo crossover art.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Neo_Crimson posted:

It helps that if you read between the lines, Dante is actually a huge loser who has terrible luck with women, and can barely pay rent because spends all his money on coats and pizza.

Dante might be a huge loser*, but he's been more successful than most small business owners. How long has he kept Devil May Cry running, despite cutthroat competition and garbage business sense? Quite a while, as far as I can tell.

*he's actually insanely cool

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Wow I can’t believe Dante is canonically a Virgin now

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time

I knew what I was getting myself into, but I'm still disappointed.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

vergil's face looks so weird in this game

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.

esperterra posted:

vergil's face looks so weird in this game

I agree. I was hoping that V, Dante, and Vergil would all have the same face model.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dante and Vergil do.
It's all about the hair and facial hair for D/V that differentiates them.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

J2DK posted:

I agree. I was hoping that V, Dante, and Vergil would all have the same face model.

V not looking like Dante makes sense b/c otherwise it would give away an already obvious twist, but I always liked the twins more identical-- mostly b/c of the dope fight in the rain from 3 already mentioned. Vergil looks a bit different from Dante in 4, but iirc his face is still mostly the same, just slimmer and he has no facial hair.

e: ^^ could just be that, but idk his face does look a lot different in 5 to me

I could be high tho. In fact I am high.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

It's a different model and I initially wasn't a fan but I've come round. I think Vergil having the same face as Dante wouldn't work with the photorealism.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Discendo Vox posted:

Virgil somehow managed to father a child. Dante has never made it to a second date- he's basically Johnny Bravo.

This only makes Dante even cooler in my eyes, ngl. :v:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Dante and Vergil do.
It's all about the hair and facial hair for D/V that differentiates them.

No?
Their models are made from completely different actors.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Either you have to unlock it somehow or there's no coop in bloody palace after all :negative:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Oh cool you can pick specific stages to practice on, nice

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
you can't use the deluxe edition weapons in bloody palace for no reason, what a terrible decision

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Maaaan, I've been struggling with killing Furies efficiently but with this latest patch I finally found the one true way to kill them.

You just summon Nightmare to belly slam them into the dirt. ezpz

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

darealkooky posted:

you can't use the deluxe edition weapons in bloody palace for no reason, what a terrible decision

Probably to keep it fair and equal to those that don't have em, but flipside isn't it only really the mega buster you'd be missing out on? One's a recolor and the other just gives you a tiny bit of healing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

darealkooky posted:

I suspect that is to avoid accusations of 'pay to win' considering it has leaderboards.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Gerbera GP01 replaces the neutral move with an up flip on ground, down flip in the air, instead of the palm blast the regular one has. It’s not a huge difference but it’s worth considering.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Probably to keep it fair and equal to those that don't have em, but flipside isn't it only really the mega buster you'd be missing out on? One's a recolor and the other just gives you a tiny bit of healing.

The Mega Buster is poo poo, Sweet Surrender is actually really good. It's the only "healing item" in the game. If you are playing for distance, it's real real good.

e: Like the passive healing isn't much unless you aren't taking hits [In which case you don't really need it], but breaking it gives you a solid chunk. If something is handing you your rear end it can buy you quite a bit of time.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Apr 1, 2019

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
gently caress the arms, I want to use the actually fun version of dantes bike

no co-op either, which means all the dev time spent on getting that to work was for 2 whole missions I guess

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

V's kill for the Bloody Palace Goliath is great.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

He does it in level 14 too :ssh:

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

BBJoey posted:

He does it in level 14 too :ssh:

lol I forgot that even happened

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Whoever made Level 70 is an evil goddamn human being.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God drat those last 4 stages were nerve-racking

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

aegof posted:

lol I forgot that even happened

Maybe you hadn't seen it, you have to unlock nightmare for it to happen. Maybe you didnt have it for the fight

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Whoever made Level 70 is an evil goddamn human being.

yeah

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
People are already super salty that the Bloody Palace update doesn't have any of the things that Capcom never said it would have or hinted at in any way. Like... people. Just because something was discovered in a datamine doesn't mean that it's "in the game" and that the devs just don't want you to have it. Co-op is hard to balance and requires an infrastructure to maintain. The playable Vergil in the game's files is incomplete and positively anemic compared to the other playable characters in terms of moves and mechanics. Sometimes as a developer, you want to do something and it just doesn't work out. Game files are constantly littered with leftovers of grand ambition that just didn't quite make it. Datamines rarely turn out to be roadmaps of the future; more often, they're just broken relics of the past.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Foolishness, people...foolishness.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol christ that's cruel

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

darealkooky posted:

no co-op either, which means all the dev time spent on getting that to work was for 2 whole missions I guess

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Why'd they make V look exactly like Kylo Ren though

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
An interview mentioned that that was just a complete coincidence.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

V doesn't really resemble Adam Driver to me because his torso isn't a solid rectangular prism.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

V's face model just happens to look a bit like Adam Driver and in the transition to polygon triangle land his whole face got a bit... puffier, so to speak, which took him much closer to Kylo Ren Cosplay.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CJacobs posted:

V's face model just happens to look a bit like Adam Driver and in the transition to polygon triangle land his whole face got a bit... puffier.

...wow that is a beautiful man.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Yes, yes he is (his name is Owen Hamze)

edit: The characters and their face models for comparison:

Karlo Baker, Nero
Adam Cowie, Dante
Owen Hamze, V
Emily Bador, Nico
Ariana Damant, Trish
Andrea Tivadar, Lady

No idea who Vergil's face model is unfortunately.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I'm cheesing Mission 18 with Faust. I don't care anymore. Pay to Win is good