Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Spoeank posted:

It's wild that Chairman Daou is the only person to learn and grow from 2016

the chapo boys really nailed it when they said Daou, for all his psychosis and weirdness, was a genuinely passionate person with an actual desire for progress and a sense of loyalty to 'his team', which is a STRIKING contrast to the Obama disciples who are completely bloodless worms who would rather cosplay west wing characters than do anything. I shouldn't be as shocked as I am that he's the one who looked around and went 'oh poo poo guys I was wrong'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
every once in a while i remember that chairman daou wasn't just a child soldier but also played keyboard for bjork and it makes a lot more sense that he's not just a spineless nematode like most of dc

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I stan daou now

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_FThlNAa-Y

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Not only did he release an album with his wife about his aunt's horny memoir, the album rules

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES
unblocked. unblocked. unblocked. youre all unblocked

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Daou is the real life version of Raiden from Metal Gear Solid.

In 2016, he was like Raiden from MGS2. Whiny and ineffectual, but at the end of the game, declared he was going to form his own identity.

Now in 2019, he's Raiden from MGS:Revengeance. Battling the final end boss who says he wants to "Make America Great Again" with parrys and ripostes and sword bullet time.

Kojima was the Nostradamus of our current political climate and it's loving wild how much poo poo he got exactly right

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Stanning daou and writing bad posts. In balance, still on the good side.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Has there been a full viewing episode for dragged across concrete yet? It’s like an alt-right Youtuber with a budget. The first act features an extended ‘actually isn’t intolerance of my intolerance itself intolerance’ already.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Chexoid posted:

"My wonderful new katana, Donald Jr. says it's tape! It's not!"

Did Chapo do a katana kid bit? I don't remember it.

SlimGoodbody posted:

I need - NEED - to know everything about whatever the hell this was

It was an old FYAD post http://www.tehposts.com/fiction/i-still-remember-the-day-layne-staley-died-like-it-was-yesterday.html

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Yeah it was in a recent episode where they made fun of trump's claim that he would have stopped the parkland shooter had he been there.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

WampaLord posted:

Daou is the real life version of Raiden from Metal Gear Solid.

In 2016, he was like Raiden from MGS2. Whiny and ineffectual, but at the end of the game, declared he was going to form his own identity.

Now in 2019, he's Raiden from MGS:Revengeance. Battling the final end boss who says he wants to "Make America Great Again" with parrys and ripostes and sword bullet time.

Kojima was the Nostradamus of our current political climate and it's loving wild how much poo poo he got exactly right

still the best MGS game, and a clear inspiration for the new hotness Sekiro

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
:discourse:

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

red19fire posted:

Has there been a full viewing episode for dragged across concrete yet? It’s like an alt-right Youtuber with a budget.
No it isn't.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Hey, they're talking about something I know all about! (Howard Stern) :blush:

That's Kenneth Keith Kallenbach you're talking about, Matt.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Matt and Virgil should have a separate podcast where one of them likes a piece of pop culture and the other one doesn't and they argue about it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Human Tornada posted:

Matt and Virgil should have a separate podcast where one of them likes a piece of pop culture and the other one doesn't and they argue about it.

if they did this as a Youtube show it would be insanely popular

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Gripweed posted:

if they did this as a Youtube show it would be insanely popular

Now let's vote on which movies was the Best of the Worst.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Does Matt like any pop culture? Note that I do not consider anything that isn't a video game to be culture.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

He has done like hundreds of movie reviews and some of them were favorable, so I guess he must like some pop culture.

Edit Oh, I need to learn to read and process double negatives some day

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Can't wait for him to review the latest superhero movies!

Lambert fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Apr 1, 2019

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

pangstrom posted:

Does Matt like any pop culture? Note that I do not consider anything that isn't a video game to be culture.

Mario Kart.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Why doesn't Benito's granddaughter or whoever the gently caress she is, change her last name? Is she proud of that garbage?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

Why doesn't Benito's granddaughter or whoever the gently caress she is, change her last name? Is she proud of that garbage?

Well she's a fascist defending his honour on Twitter, so ...

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Zipperelli. posted:

https://twitter.com/GarbageApe/status/1112761066679877632

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

Wikipedia posted:

She starred in her final film in 1990 and then left the film industry to continue studying after a producer asked her to change her name.

quote:

Her relations with Gianfranco Fini, leader of the Alleanza Nazionale, never were very good, she announced; she then later withdrew, resigning over differences with him at least once. She unsuccessfully challenged him for leadership of the party when he withdrew support for Benito Mussolini in a television interview in January 2002.

Mussolini suddenly left National Alliance on 28 November 2003, following the visit of party leader and the Deputy Prime Minister Gianfranco Fini to Israel, where he described fascism as part "the absolute evil" with regard to the Holocaust as he apologised for Italy's role as an Axis Power during the Second World War.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I probably wouldn't hang my family honour on the grandfather who murdered his son by his first wife and got strung up beside one of his many mistresses. But I'm not a fascist.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The best part is her complaining about “antifa” smearing her grandfather.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Zipperelli. posted:

.. Yeah?

It's not really that unusual for relatives of 'bad world leaders' to believe the same poo poo and capitalize on the name and reputation.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kinda thought the "LOL COLLUSION DELUSION!!" was out of place for this show, being that I haven't been listening that long, until I realized it is wrapped up in the loathing for Clinton apologists. Weird flex but ok.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Kinda thought the "LOL COLLUSION DELUSION!!" was out of place for this show, being that I haven't been listening that long, until I realized it is wrapped up in the loathing for Clinton apologists. Weird flex but ok.

What are you saying

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Boywhiz88 posted:

What are you saying

I believe we got us a bona-fide Russiagater in the thread.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Zipperelli. posted:

lol. is she?

here's a quote from Alessandra: "Meglio fascista che frocio" ("Better fascist than human being")

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Can you explain more please?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
So shes a disgusting POS. Got it.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

red19fire posted:

Has there been a full viewing episode for dragged across concrete yet? It’s like an alt-right Youtuber with a budget. The first act features an extended ‘actually isn’t intolerance of my intolerance itself intolerance’ already.

Think this is the closest you’re gonna get:

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1112218049908797441?s=21

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Bernie would have won, Harris is a cop, and Obama was all image and no real progress happened under him. I think those involved in almost all political activity for Israel should face a warcrime tribunal and I'm a gay Russian bot.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
hey didn't chapo do like two episodes dunking on that weird 'please don't say gently caress on a plane it scares me' scold? I'm trying to find some of my favorite reading series and forgot if that was them or someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

sexpig by night posted:

hey didn't chapo do like two episodes dunking on that weird 'please don't say gently caress on a plane it scares me' scold? I'm trying to find some of my favorite reading series and forgot if that was them or someone else.

Mark Barrowline I think was his name

edit: That ain't it. He was part of the Premium episode that was Thanksgiving-centered in 2017. I think Gladiator Boy. Lemme look it up.

edit 2: Mark Bauerlein.

edit 3: https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/episode-84-president-wario-21917 for the episode in question with the YOUNG PEOPLE using the Cursed Language on board an airplane.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 2, 2019