Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This was indeed a good episode. It was really cute in a genuine way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I don't know why I didn't expect Weird Al's song to be a reprise

EDIT: Also, I think we all know it's gonna be Greg. Which I'm all for, just wish it was still Santino.

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Mar 30, 2019

radlum
May 13, 2013

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I don't know why I didn't expect Weird Al's song to be a reprise

EDIT: Also, I think we all know it's gonna be Greg. Which I'm all for, just wish it was still Santino.

I was all in on Greg, until his last line; if the episode was going in the "big romantic gestures are not good" theme, saying "you are the love of my life" is closer to that. Still, out of the 3, I prefer Greg even if it is not Santino.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I couldn't have disliked that one more, so sick of the relationship stuff. The betting song was a stinker too. And my god, new Greg just kill me.

That 15-second song from Weird Al was a loving riot though.

Schlub Husband
Jan 13, 2008

*hic*
Lipstick Apathy
It sucks how there's only one more episode of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend left forever instead of more than one episode because it is a good show. But it kind of doesn't suck also because I'm sure it'll leave on a good note instead of going on for too long and becoming forced and tired.

Here's to Rebecca and not-Santino living happily ever after.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Love that man.

He was great on Galavant but feel like they sold him short on this. Needed to be longer

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I'm still rooting for Jason.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Josh had the only good date. The other two weren't interesting or emotional or charming, they were just set to music and shot as if they were.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
It's kind of retreading old ground, though.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I feel like most of my thoughts on that episode revolve around Valencia absolutely slaying in her gangster garb.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I still feel they are going to ending credits us when Rebecca goes to make her choice, leaving it up to the audience to decide who she picked.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Maxwell Lord posted:

I feel like most of my thoughts on that episode revolve around Valencia absolutely slaying in her gangster garb.

Honestly, I loved that number. I'm a sucker for big ensemble numbers and I love that just about every non-one-shot character we've (I still miss Karen!) met got to participate in one. I would have loved for Dr. Akopian to have gotten in on the betting as well.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Anyone watching Jane the Virgin? I didn't wanna make a thread for it, but I get the sense that the viewers of this show are the same crowd, and I recall some chat about it in the old JtV thread when there was one. It just came back this week for its final season.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I don't like nu-Greg and I hate that they are pushing the two of them together. That final scene was so terrible and designed to make us see that they are already totally connected and like a normal couple without all the weird drama around the two totally fake dream guys that she could never be happy with because they are just too good for her (obviously), it's fate, you guys, look they totally have chemistry, not just this writing that tries to fake the chemistry, I'm serious.
#NotMyGreg

On a side note: I had a dream last night where I had to pick between the final dudes and it was only Josh and Nathaniel. Greg wasn't even there. I woke up before the orgy began, so I don't know who'd I choose.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I would have loved for Dr. Akopian to have gotten in on the betting as well.

Nah. That idea is incredibly bad. The whole show, she was nothing but absolutely professional and it should stay this way. She's meant to inspire confidence in the concept of therapists.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Also Kayak enthusiasts.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Skylar Astin is great in the rule and I have no idea why people get so mad about him other than just whiny fans doing the typical whiny fan thing :shrug:

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

The ultimate Crazy Ex-Girlfriend question, what's your favourite song from the last 4 seasons? I have a soft spot for this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVsXMqy7k5E

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Brown Moses posted:

The ultimate Crazy Ex-Girlfriend question, what's your favourite song from the last 4 seasons? I have a soft spot for this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVsXMqy7k5E

Absolutely I'm a Good Person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4hh1YhDfbA

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I Gave You a UTI. Or We Tapped That rear end. Dream Ghost? The First Penis I Saw. Let’s Generalize About Men. Women Gotta Stick Together. Sex With A Stranger. The Moment is Me.

I may have a problem.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I really don't like I Gave You a UTI.

I also just realized I'm going to miss the last episode because of my travels.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I Go To The Zoo was a great character moment, "It's like a zoo for fishies" is an amazing line:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEhTmETAt9A

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Always loved Friendtopia.

Also feel like the Sisterhood song is underrated.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

I concur!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Brown Moses posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDGG7RWQ3tU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is too difficult to answer but the first 3 that come to mind are JAP Battle, Ping Pong Girl, and Put Yourself First.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Settle for Me. Sexy Getting Ready Song. West Covina. Don't Be Lawyer. The Math of Love Triangles. Paula's song about that dude being Elite was amazing.

Also my Greg just sucks. I doing the whiny fan thing because I am a whiny fan.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Well this is horrible news. Nipsey Hussle, the rapper who appeared in "Sexy Getting Ready Song", was just shot to death in Los Angeles. No word on any suspect or what led to the slaying.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Best song this season for sure is Don't Be A Lawyer

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Maxwell Lord posted:

Well this is horrible news. Nipsey Hussle, the rapper who appeared in "Sexy Getting Ready Song", was just shot to death in Los Angeles. No word on any suspect or what led to the slaying.

Oh, no! :smith:

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
I've got a soft spot for 'I give Good Parent.'

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Let's Generalize About Men was the peak of songs

Vogon Poetry Slam
Nov 13, 2016

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
I know it’s no ones favorite, but Fit Hot guys have problems too is incredibly catchy and I like I far more then I should.

I feel season three is underrated music wise.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I liked Love's not a Game because I like that it highlights that Rebecca is not the only one with problems relating to her love life - the whole towns become that invested in the trainwreck they've been pulled into the caboose and now cannot ignore it if they tried. Rebecca doesn't do weird crazy things because of the BPD, it just exacerbates her, the perfectly sane characters can have huge lapses in decency and judgement as well.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Think for me:
I'm a Villain In My Own Story
Sexy Getting Ready Song
JAP Rap Battle

And no idea which is top but its going to be one of those 3.

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool
Best Songs:
The Math of Love Triangles
We'll Never Have Problems Again
Face Your Fears
I Go to the Zoo
The End of the Movie

And so many others! I can't choose...

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
That's really awful about Nipsey.

I'm rewatching some of my favorite episodes in preparation for the finale and I just wanna say I would watch a show of Donna Lynne just making facial expressions

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So seriously what is the deal with the finale? Is this seriously just gonna be a 17 episode season with a concert at the end, or is the finale gonna be double-length? I don’t think 40 more minutes is enough to close out the story.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Escobarbarian posted:

So seriously what is the deal with the finale? Is this seriously just gonna be a 17 episode season with a concert at the end, or is the finale gonna be double-length? I don’t think 40 more minutes is enough to close out the story.

The last episode is just a 22 minute crossover episode with Mom where Valencia joins Gambler's Anonymous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
We wanted to watch the finale live, but it's at 8 PM which is very unlike the 9 PM which we thought it was. Is there anywhere to buy the episode right after it airs? We usually go on Amazon Prime Video but I think there's a 24 hour delay.