Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Apocalypse?
This poll is closed.
conquest 212 19.26%
war 244 22.16%
famine 353 32.06%
death 292 26.52%
Total: 733 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl posted:

also the fact that Gorsuch compares death by hanging to lethal injection is just :psyduck:

"People didn't get a clean hanging you know, sometimes their necks didn't break clean. So why should it be different for lethal injection, in this day and age?"

what a monster.

Wasn't the whole reason for moving on from hanging that the electric chair/lethal injection was more humane?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

"the new left wants to scrutinize me, but i am the most progressive politician of anyone that's running"

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1112733772980445184

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

in the 17th centrury, the definition of "excessive, " was,

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

galenanorth posted:

"people who live in glass houses of shaking hands should not throw stones of accusations about

" -- boomers

joe suckling suckerberg's ear wouldn't suprise me, probably. i guess

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

it's not much of a fun fact if it's simply an obvious part of the text but sure joe

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
rack 'em

https://twitter.com/EdKrassen/status/1112580348628660225

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

i wanna waste i wanna waste i wanna waste away

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lol

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
remember how Mark Zuckerberg wears riser shoes, and brings booster cushions to testify before congress, and artfully arranges every photo he's in so he looks taller and it's completely loving insane to do anything like that, but these are the kinds of people who want to be the most powerful people in the world lmfao

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

TMMadman posted:

Wasn't the whole reason for moving on from hanging that the electric chair/lethal injection was more humane?

The Electric Chair was because it was more modern, not because it was more "humane". A d it almost certainly was not more "humane" whatever that means in the context of execution.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

People with schizophrenia often create psychedelic art. Qanon is induced schizophrenia.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
when donrad trump is president, every day i s april fools day!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

im pretty sure tweaking childrens nipples was considered gross and wrong even in whatever time biden is supposed to be from

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

trump is surely undone this time

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
It's also Paul Manafort's 70th birthday. Happy birthday, Paul!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
"We must come up with a way to kill people, nicely."

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

sullat posted:

The Electric Chair was because it was more modern, not because it was more "humane". A d it almost certainly was not more "humane" whatever that means in the context of execution.

execution is now changed to getting a bullet fired into your brain pan in the middle of rolling on MDMA and getting a lap dance from some broad with a big veiny rack

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

[thinking harder than ive ever thought in my entire life] if we set a precedent that killing people horribly painful is cruel, then we run the risk of not being able to kill anybody at all

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/monadoboii/status/1112210937493291009

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/TessaDuvall/status/1112719150311526400

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

William Bear posted:

It's also Paul Manafort's 70th birthday. Happy birthday, Paul!

what's he getting for his birthday? wait let me guess, a presidential pardon?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

smarxist posted:

execution is now changed to getting a bullet fired into your brain pan in the middle of rolling on MDMA and getting a lap dance from some broad with a big veiny rack

hm very interesting

ok um where do you stand on gay marriage?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

T A C T I L E

P O L I T I C A L

A C T I O N

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
an understated gorusch part is where he says "the people who are murdered in capital crimes don't get constitutional protections, so why shouldn't we flay people and make skin lamps"

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

the disposition matrix

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

WampaLord posted:

T A C T I L E

P O L I T I C A L

A C T I O N

try doing that gesture right now, i feel sleazy even mimicking it lmfao

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I feel like if Beto doesn't get the nomination, it won't matter to him at all. Like, the next day he'd get really into home-brewing and be just as happy.

But if Buttigieg doesn't get the nomination, right after giving his concession speech he'd leave the venue and murder the first homeless man he met.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

i unironically adore the psychedelic qanon images

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hell yeah destroying the only possessions of people who have less than nothing!!!!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/BobbyBigWheel/status/1112727679185362944

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

TMMadman posted:

neil gorsuch is not a bright man

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I feel like if Beto doesn't get the nomination, it won't matter to him at all. Like, the next day he'd get really into home-brewing and be just as happy.

But if Buttigieg doesn't get the nomination, right after giving his concession speech he'd leave the venue and murder the first homeless man he met.

its true

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

da motherfucking awakening zone

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

sure, like 1/3 of the people we execute will later be exonerated by dna evidence but at least we got it over with painfully or not

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

:drat:

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 358 days!

drat,

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017